PDA

View Full Version : JAY-Z is really hated on...

anti-social
02-10-2007, 09:10 PM
listen to RAP GAME/CRACK GAME....homie is nice....

Ge-ge-geyeah
I got that uncut raw to make a fiend's body jerk
Got your whole block now, pumpin my work
My CD's is like keys for you Willie's who
like to floss my cassette tapes in sixty-two's
And my singles like gems, you know the treys
Get you high for a while, but the, high don't stay
You need another fix, you better cop these last two bricks
Cause when this shit flip, I'ma get on some other shit
Never pitchin for a label, Jigga's the hook-up
You know my shit is FISHSCALE, y'all niggaz is cook up
Just blow up, scream my name from Brooklyn to Da-kota
They know my shit stretch without the baking soda
Went from an eighth, to a quarter, to a half a key
Priority's work wasn't right so I switched factories
Now I'm the new nigga, who figured I'd get the game locked
Now watch how the prices of your cocaine drop, ha ha :beer:

xHard to Earnx
02-10-2007, 09:21 PM
Best rapper.

TAURO
02-10-2007, 09:56 PM
I think Jay has talent no doubt and I do enjoy some of his music, but I don't really like most of his beat selections, nor do I like the way he carried himself in the game. Even though hip hop features a lot of ego the way Jay did it just made me want to hit him, kind of how 50 does today, but I suppose thats what fame does to you. I prefer mc's that are humble, they just make their music and keep it moving without trying to remind the rest of the world that they are the best.
Reasonable Doubt is a dope album for sure, although the Blueprint album has to be one of the most overated in hip hop; not saying the album is complete shit because it isn't by a longshot but it doesn't deserve the praise it's given by some hip hop heads, the Black album I thought was a return to form but I have yet to hear his latest, although I have heard a couple of tracks and he seems to have really lost his touch.

11th Chamber
02-10-2007, 10:06 PM
No body is sayin that he sucks or wasent ever good, but if you release a shitty album(Kingdom Come), people are gonna hate.

anti-social
02-10-2007, 10:08 PM
The people with the biggest ego and who act extremely arrogant are actors. It's only natural to change, when you make so much money. It doesn't mean, you become a bad person, it means you can't just walk around pleasing everyone. As far as skills, yea a lot of people have dumbed their shit down. Even clan members. Rza comes to mind first. If 50 and Jigga act a certain way that doesn't mean they aren't ill entertainers. But i guess it's all how we listen.

TAURO
02-10-2007, 10:19 PM
The people with the biggest ego and who act extremely arrogant are actors. It's only natural to change, when you make so much money. It doesn't mean, you become a bad person, it means you can't just walk around pleasing everyone. As far as skills, yea a lot of people have dumbed their shit down. Even clan members. Rza comes to mind first. If 50 and Jigga act a certain way that doesn't mean they aren't ill entertainers. But i guess it's all how we listen.

I see what you are saying and im sure both 50 and Jay put on good shows for the fans but the thing with both of these cats is that they have asended so high in the hip hop ranks that they have completley forgotten their humble beginnings, all they seem to remember is the negative things about the hood like crack, killings, pimpin and a quest for power yet (more in 50 cents case) they have forgotten the smaller more positive things that do go on in the hood.
Jay brought it back down to earth more on the Black album which is why I enjoy it but 50 Cent may as well be on the moon because he is on some country club lifestyle that less than 2% of his fans are ever likley to attain.

anti-social
02-10-2007, 10:27 PM
You got that right Vic. But check the flipside. In a strange way I kinda understand why he's arrogant and abondened his humble beginnings...if i may: he had a deal, got shot the fuck up, left for dead. I mean it doesn't get any worse than that, when someone wants to take your life. Would you care about pleasing anyone after that. His label wouldn't return his phone calls after he got out the hospital. Dropped him. He learned the music game. Got rich. Is getting richer. But he will never be wealthy. Wealth like Chris Rock said is Bill Gates money. So i'm never mad at these guys making hundreds of millions of dollar and not going back to the hood. and if some of them don't want to give back, fuck it they don't have to. should they, yea. but they don't owe it. But I understand it's entertainment and listen to 50 for what music he makes. party and shit talkin' music. lol. As far as fans lifestyles go...wu tang call white people the devil, but they have a strong white following so i don't buy in to that shit.......good music is good music.

SaqurakiHanamichi
02-10-2007, 10:35 PM
since back in the day i hated on ever other rapper that was on tv.
BUt i never ever said anything about jay , i got mad respect for him as a business man

Kenny Powers
02-10-2007, 10:41 PM
I would have respect for him if he wasnt such a sell out and marketed his name for everything, the man has no dignity and a huge (kayne like) ego...

TAURO
02-10-2007, 10:46 PM
You got that right Vic. But check the flipside. In a strange way I kinda understand why he's arrogant and abondened his humble beginnings...if i may: he had a deal, got shot the fuck up, left for dead. I mean it doesn't get any worse than that, when someone wants to take your life. Would you care about pleasing anyone after that. His label wouldn't return his phone calls after he got out the hospital. Dropped him. He learned the music game. Got rich. Is getting richer. But he will never be wealthy. Wealth like Chris Rock said is Bill Gates money. So i'm never mad at these guys making hundreds of millions of dollar and not going back to the hood. and if some of them don't want to give back, fuck it they don't have to. should they, yea. but they don't owe it. But I understand it's entertainment and listen to 50 for what music he makes. party and shit talkin' music. lol. As far as fans lifestyles go...wu tang call white people the devil, but they have a strong white following so i don't buy in to that shit.......good music is good music.

I suppose, but maybe I just need more from what they are saying, I mean im familiar with 50 cent's back story, the shit that went down with his mum was fucked up let alone what happened to him, but surely he must have had some good times growing up?......I know also that 50 struggled big time trying to get his music career of the ground and Em seemed to have threw him a life line but 50 isn't the only one this type of shit has happened to, I mean look what happened to MF Grimm, he got shot up and was left parylised from the waist down and temporarily lost his hearing and vision, not to mention all the bullshit he went through in the industry. I know what you might say, everybody reacts differently and thats probably true, if I was in 50's position I can't honestly say I wouldn't have done the same given the chance but turning your back on the hood altogether just seems like bad idea artistickly.........I dunno I could be blowing the whole thing out of proportion and it is just music at the end of the day but hip hop is more than just music, it's a way of life and I think both 50 and Jay need to look at this and put their shit more into perspective.

anti-social
02-10-2007, 10:52 PM
you got everything right except for the part about turning your back on the hood. That reminds me of how a lot of rappers talk about the "hood" as if they love living in the hood and love coming back to their stomping grounds everyday. If you are saying giving back to the community...then i agree with you. But to come back and chill on the corner and get shot. Naw that's not Hip Hop. I bet if Jigga was a broker rapper, he'd be appreciated. But i've never thought of him as being a prick. 50 yea. haha. anyway. I feel what you saying. Rappers get rich, move to the suburbs and 15 years later still kickin' project raps. lol

TAURO
02-10-2007, 11:00 PM
you got everything right except for the part about turning your back on the hood. That reminds me of how a lot of rappers talk about the "hood" as if they love living in the hood and love coming back to their stomping grounds everyday. If you are saying giving back to the community...then i agree with you. But to come back and chill on the corner and get shot. Naw that's not Hip Hop. I bet if Jigga was a broker rapper, he'd be appreciated. But i've never thought of him as being a prick. 50 yea. haha. anyway. I feel what you saying. Rappers get rich, move to the suburbs and 15 years later still kickin' project raps. lol

You know what I looked at that line I wrote about turning your back on the hood too, it wasn't directly what I mean't I just didn't know how to phrase it better. It's not about going back to your old haunts trying to act like your old self before you hit big, but rather using the new opportunities given to you to improve yourself; like getting an education, I mean now that he can afford it why not aim to get a degree or something, prove to yourself and the corporate world that your not just another ignorant rapper that fluked.

Bis Fan
02-10-2007, 11:05 PM
get a degree LOL

TAURO
02-10-2007, 11:07 PM
get a degree LOL

Whats so funny about a man trying to get an education?

oLd_KaiNry
02-10-2007, 11:22 PM
listen to RAP GAME/CRACK GAME....homie is nice....

Ge-ge-geyeah
I got that uncut raw to make a fiend's body jerk
Got your whole block now, pumpin my work
My CD's is like keys for you Willie's who
like to floss my cassette tapes in sixty-two's
And my singles like gems, you know the treys
Get you high for a while, but the, high don't stay
You need another fix, you better cop these last two bricks
Cause when this shit flip, I'ma get on some other shit
Never pitchin for a label, Jigga's the hook-up
You know my shit is FISHSCALE, y'all niggaz is cook up
Just blow up, scream my name from Brooklyn to Da-kota
They know my shit stretch without the baking soda
Went from an eighth, to a quarter, to a half a key
Priority's work wasn't right so I switched factories
Now I'm the new nigga, who figured I'd get the game locked
Now watch how the prices of your cocaine drop, ha ha :beer:

u really think that was good ?

ive seen ALOT better

thats your average rapper's lyrics right there

wuswordz95
02-10-2007, 11:51 PM
worst rapper

dirty-minded
02-11-2007, 01:00 AM
I wish Jay still came out with flow like he spit on Da Graveyard. Then maybe I would be listening more and hating less.

anti-social
02-11-2007, 01:14 AM

ive seen ALOT better

At first I wanted to argue, but it's useless. I just used the second verse from the song. Listen to the song and see how he is flippin' the entire music game.....making a song, radio play...promotions and everything. the hook alone is ill. And I know there are Nerd rappers out there, but sometimes the simple rhymes, as many say, are the best rhymes. :i

Murdah Piff
02-11-2007, 02:10 AM
jay forgot where he came from

TAURO
02-11-2007, 09:33 AM
At first I wanted to argue, but it's useless. I just used the second verse from the song. Listen to the song and see how he is flippin' the entire music game.....making a song, radio play...promotions and everything. the hook alone is ill. And I know there are Nerd rappers out there, but sometimes the simple rhymes, as many say, are the best rhymes. :i

Let me ask you something, why is it when you have a rapper that seems to have mastered the art of rhyming people dub them as "nerd rappers" like it's a bad thing to be excellent at spittin?

anti-social
02-11-2007, 11:32 AM
theres nothing wrong with spittin' excellent...but read the replies. callin' jigga worst rapper. haha. c'mon now. hood hop, that kinda rhynin is considered wack, for no reason. i just dubbed it cuz it's all entertainment. but to let you know, i love lyricist as well.

Longbongcilvaringz
02-13-2007, 07:37 AM
jay is good, RD is a classic. but his catalogue isnt great (and no blueprint is no where near classic) and there was always something that irritating me about him post RD. all the yelping he does on tracks is annoying, and his beat selection after RD has been questionable.

alot of people on this site like to talk about how he is "hated on", but look at all the stans saying "Blueprint" & "Kingdom Come" are classic hip hop albums. this gives people a reason to hate on jay.

ironwizard
02-13-2007, 08:07 AM
I find Jay-Z annoying. I really canīt stand his voice. Iīm not calling him wack, he has a lot of talent, but sometimes I just canīt stand him. Reasonable Doubt was a great album, but I couldnīt get into it properly, mainly because of Jay's voice and style. The beats were great, mind you, but that isnīt enough. And even though Nas has a flawed discography, I still rate him above Jay, simply because I think his voice doper (see: not annoying) and his flow is smooth.

Longbongcilvaringz
02-13-2007, 08:23 AM
^agreed.

cap
02-13-2007, 09:10 AM
anyone who says he's the worst rapper should log out and go cop some techno records,cus hip hop isnt for you.
although he prolly wouldnt make my top 10,he's definitely dope!!
and how he came up is incredible!!
this kid from brooklyn became the president of def jam and gets to fuck beyonce each and every night!!props man!!

and im not afraid to go against the grain and say this...

...the blueprint IS a classic!!

Polocash7
02-13-2007, 10:57 AM
IMO Jay is one of the best to do it. RD is one of illest LPs. Sure,commerical heads big him up like he's the best thing since sliced bread. That still doesn't take away from the dope music he's put out. He's got a few average or weak LPs. He also has at least 5 very strong LPs. Is all the hate deserved? Nah,there are plenty of rappers out there that deserve it more

Edgar Erebus
02-13-2007, 11:06 AM

ive seen ALOT better

worst rapper

Ah yeah? Well check this and dare to say it's wack:

Uh, uhh, listen
First the Fat Boys break up, now every day I wake up
Somebody got a problem with Hov'
Whassup y'all niggaz all fed up cause I got a little cheddar
and my records movin out the sto'?
Young fucks spittin at me, young rappers gettin at me
My nigga Big predicted the shit exactly
"Mo' Money, Mo' Problems" - gotta move carefully
Cause faggots hate when you gettin money like athletes
Yung'uns ice-grillin me, ohh - you not feelin me?
Fine; it cost you nothin - pay me no mind
Look, I'm on my grind cousin, ain't got time for frontin
Sensitive thugs, y'all all need hugs
Damn though mans I'm just tryin do me
If the record's two mill' I'm just tryin move three
Get a couple of chicks, get 'em to try to do E
Hopefully they'll menage before I reach my garage
I don't want much, fuck I drove every car
Some nice cooked food, some nice clean drawers
Bird-ass niggaz I don't mean to ruffle y'all
I know you waitin in the wing but I'm doin my thing
Where's the love?

And then the Fugees gon' break up, now everyday I wake up
Somebody got somethin to say
What's all the fuckin fussin for? Because I'm grubbin more
and I pack heat like I'm the oven door?
Niggaz pray and pray on my downfall
But everytime I hit the ground I bounce up like roundball
Now I don't wanna have to kill sound bar
Don't wanna have to cock back the four pound bar
Look scrapper I got nephews to look after
I'm not lookin at you dudes, I'm lookin past ya
I thought I told you characters I'm not a rapper
Can I live? I told you in ninety-six
that I came to take this shit and I did, handle my biz
I scramble like Randall with his
Cunning-ham but the only thing runnin is numbers fam
Jigga held you down six summers; damn, where's the love?

Then Richard Pryor go and burn up, and Ike and Tina Turner break up
Then I wake up to more bullshit
You knew me before records, you never disrespected me
Now that I'm successful you'll pull this shit
Nigga I'll step on your porch, step to your boss
Let's end the speculation, I'm talkin to alla y'all
Males shouldn't be jealous that's a female trait
Whatchu mad cause you push dimes and he sell weight?
Y'all don't know my expenses, I gotta buy a bigger place
Hehehe, and more baggies, why you all aggie?
Nigga respect the game, that should be it
What you eat don't make me shit - where's the love?

And about hating Jay-Z: Jealous Ones Still Envy.

Longbongcilvaringz
02-13-2007, 11:26 AM
...the blueprint IS a classic!!

in what ways...

and you wouldnt be going against the grain really, its one of the most over rated hip hop albums ever.

WARPATH
02-13-2007, 11:33 AM
Jay Z is over rated, his best work come from rapping about selling cocaine, and is quite possibly the elusive Gay rapper, that nobody wants to admit that it could be their favorite emcee.

But on a postivie note, all the gay hustlers are happy to see one of their own make it.

DJMethods
02-13-2007, 12:06 PM
hahaha, he's SHIT. Never understood the hype

Yeah, he can rhyme, but i could beat him a million times, slap the bitch like he a dyme, buying his shit should be a crime, biting Ghostfaces idea on put it on the line, thats why cats whine...

Yes, I know - That was SHIT. But see how easy it is to rhyme the one word, without worrying about sylables? He aint lyrical, the fact he got rich is a miracle, wouldnt buy the album if it cost a nickle... Still goin, i could make 30 albums doin this shit, but it'd be embarassing putting out something so basic.

Needs to take lessons off Big L

cap
02-13-2007, 12:59 PM
in what ways...

and you wouldnt be going against the grain really, its one of the most over rated hip hop albums ever.

i meant going against the grain on the corp!!

why i think its classic??
quite simple really,all bangas with a similar feel or atmosphere throughout the entire album.
and you cant deny it influenced a lot of music in the years after it dropped.

tical2000
02-13-2007, 01:33 PM
anyone who just realized JAY-Z is nice is a fuckin idiot.....

welcome to hip hop dummy

anti-social
02-13-2007, 02:23 PM
There are a lot that refuse to give Jay his props, I didn't just wake up and realize Jigga Man was nice. That was given since Reasonable Doubt days. Second, Jay signed BIG L. Third Jay signed Nas. If you don't respect the man's art, Respect the mans HUSSLE. Half of you who say you don't like his voice or delivery, so be it. I know many who can't stand RZA cause of his voice and refuse to listen to the jewelz Robert Diggs is droppin'. So it's all up to the listener. But Jigga is versatile. He knows how to market music. I was only speakin' of that particular song and how he knew what the fuck he was doing....he made muthafuckas love him. There are many that are nicer than him but they don't have what he has. Try to understand that. Like Pun said it, if you not in it for the spinach, then get the fuck out. Like Ol' Dirt said, It's All About the MONEYYYYYYY!!!

LIGHTS OUT DUMMIES!!!

CYENCE
02-15-2007, 12:46 PM
http://www.zshare.net/audio/jay-z-hova-song-mp3.html

xHard to Earnx
02-15-2007, 03:48 PM
Jay Z is over rated, his best work come from rapping about selling cocaine, and is quite possibly the elusive Gay rapper, that nobody wants to admit that it could be their favorite emcee.

But on a postivie note, all the gay hustlers are happy to see one of their own make it.

I'll make sure to call you a homosexual next time you fuck Beyonce.

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
02-15-2007, 05:10 PM
all this moaning and bitching about jay-z only comes down to preference

that doesn’t change that fact that he is a first rate mc - one of the best