PDA

View Full Version : Who was the most influential in you KTL?

Ultimate Fist
02-10-2007, 09:45 PM
Write it in if I forgot someone.

the silencer
02-10-2007, 10:09 PM
i voted Other cuz for me its The Rza....then Killah Priest

V4D3R
02-10-2007, 10:43 PM
KP...

...wut made you put and choose KP?

Ultimate Fist
02-10-2007, 10:48 PM
I voted Ice Cube myself. The Predator was probably the first rap album I heard where I was like "damn, political rap isn't gay (I'd only heard the backpacker shit before then)." Then I got into Public Enemy then Bob Marley, then Wu Tang (I only heard Wu for the first time a year ago- I know its a crime!). Wu got me into Brand Nubian.

TAURO
02-10-2007, 10:52 PM
Immortal Technique because he speaks from a latino perspective and I can relate to that.

Ultimate Fist
02-10-2007, 10:54 PM
I'm suprised no one said Public Enemy yet. They're the big one (as far as politics.)

maestro wooz
02-10-2007, 11:01 PM
in my "ktl", the wu tang. That's where everything started, without wu tang there'd be no one else.

interesting that theres 6 choices with only 1 vote so far.

TAURO
02-10-2007, 11:03 PM
Public Enemy were influential to me but I was too young during their heyday to fully comprehend the politics that they were saying.

TeknicelStylez
02-11-2007, 02:36 AM
I don't undertstand how someone from another country can be influenced by something that was written protesting the way of life that was handed to us in America. I understood P.E and all these cats because I grew up in the projects packed in with the rest of the minorities that society segregated from their own population. I lived that shit, experienced it, thats real knowledge and relation.

Alesco
02-11-2007, 03:09 AM
I don't undertstand how someone from another country can be influenced by something that was written protesting the way of life that was handed to us in America. I understood P.E and all these cats because I grew up in the projects packed in with the rest of the minorities that society segregated from their own population. I lived that shit, experienced it, thats real knowledge and relation.

Well ma young bro! I also Grew up in the (projects) As you call them.
I Aint from tha USA. But I was able to relate wi Puplicl Enemy becoz they spoke tha fuckin TRUTH Ya know. I lived that shit to. As English People Tryed to tell us we are NOTHING and allways will be Nothing and tryed to make my Ansestors slaves. And They raped then killed my fellow Ansestors (Scottish Women) I could go on and on till tha Break of dawn wi EVIL Shit the English done to my COUNTRY. Now Thats DEVIDE and CONCURR Tek. Most Of US have had it verry rough. And Most of You HAVENT. Respect ma lil Bruva TEK..

But WE, Like The African Americans NEVER gave in or up to The English As the BLACKS NEVER gave in or up to The white Amaricans.

PEACE TO ALL RACES

OUT

TAURO
02-11-2007, 09:29 AM

No disrespect Tek but you need to step out of your bubble of New Jersey and see the world for yourself, racisim and segregation was not an isolated incident, it happens to this day all around the world, being a latino living in england was not much different, plus not being funny Tek but you would have been 4 years old during PE's heyday so I don't see how you would have understood shit at that time.

TeknicelStylez
02-11-2007, 05:23 PM
I was chilling on the block with my cousins when I was 4 years old homie, and I was also reading on a 4th grade level so I understood shit, don't get it twisted. You never walked outside and seen 100 niggaz standing on your corner bumping all them niggaz mentioned above on boom boxes.

Act like you went through anything hard, mofucka you probably grew up in a house with both your parents, finished school no problems involved found yourself a nice little corporate job and meshed in with society. There was no serious crime rate in england back than. We had kids with semi automatic handguns running around shooting eachother. Crack heads fuckin all over the damn place. Homeless families, Drug addicted parents, 8 year olds running the street. Police beating the fuckin change out peoples pockets for no apparent reason. Gangs all over the fuckin place, you latin, did you have Latin Kings in your neighborhood slashing niggaz to pieces when you was growing up? I didn't fuckin think so...

You have no fuckin idea, what occured, and what occurs now in the fuckin ghettos of the U.S. So don't even act like you understand, because some brittish faggot called you a spic when you walked across the street or something.

Kong
02-11-2007, 06:01 PM
A lot of people can relate on certain levels and be from all different parts of the world. Its not about who has had it worse or in what form it came.

TeknicelStylez
02-11-2007, 06:04 PM
I'm not saying you can't relate, I'm saying you don't "UNDERSTAND" what they're talking about when they talk about whats going on over here.

When INS is talking about bulletholes in his buildings windows and people gettin shot in the lobby, niggaz trying to control blocks up, and kids not paying attention and getting caught up in bad shit. You have no idea wtf he's talking about.

TAURO
02-11-2007, 06:05 PM
I was chilling on the block with my cousins when I was 4 years old homie, and I was also reading on a 4th grade level so I understood shit, don't get it twisted. You never walked outside and seen 100 niggaz standing on your corner bumping all them niggaz mentioned above on boom boxes.

Act like you went through anything hard, mofucka you probably grew up in a house with both your parents, finished school no problems involved found yourself a nice little corporate job and meshed in with society. There was no serious crime rate in england back than. We had kids with semi automatic handguns running around shooting eachother. Crack heads fuckin all over the damn place. Homeless families, Drug addicted parents, 8 year olds running the street. Police beating the fuckin change out peoples pockets for no apparent reason. Gangs all over the fuckin place, you latin, did you have Latin Kings in your neighborhood slashing niggaz to pieces when you was growing up? I didn't fuckin think so...

You have no fuckin idea, what occured, and what occurs now in the fuckin ghettos of the U.S. So don't even act like you understand, because some brittish faggot called you a spic when you walked across the street or something.

You don't know fuck all about me, let alone the type of life I had, I don't have to justify myself to you tek but know this, what you wrote about what you think my life is like........was way off.

I was willing to show you respect but you come in here acting like just another ignorant little youngin that don't know shit. Everything you said that went on in your hood, has happened here so don't act like you know.

Oh and at 4 years old you wouldn't have understood shit so stop lying to yourself.

TeknicelStylez
02-11-2007, 06:08 PM
Yo lemme read you some records homie, A. 2 gun homicides occur in about a year over in england, don't fuckin play yourself. B. They didn't even know wtf crack was and england never experienced a crack epidemic, if anything the closest thing they have to a crack epidemic is occuring in low class areas right now. C. You did not experience any of that shit, shut the fuck up and "stop lying to yourself".

I know where I was at when I was 4 years old.

TeknicelStylez
02-11-2007, 06:11 PM
I understand yall wanna justify what you listen to and be able to say, "they was talking about my life" and shit like that. But fact of the matter is they was talking about what occured in THEIR neighborhoods, AMERICAN NEIGHBORHOODS, there is no other ghetto in the world like a U.S. Ghetto, there is different types of ghettos out there, there is worse ghettos out there, but it's not the fuckin same thing.

If you didn't grow up here you don't UNDERSTAND what they're talking about, bottom fuckin line. Just accept it and move on.

Kong
02-11-2007, 06:12 PM
I'm not saying you can't relate, I'm saying you don't "UNDERSTAND" what they're talking about when they talk about whats going on over here.

When INS is talking about bulletholes in his buildings windows and people gettin shot in the lobby, niggaz trying to control blocks up, and kids not paying attention and getting caught up in bad shit. You have no idea wtf he's talking about.

but surely if you can relate then the artist can influence you?

TAURO
02-11-2007, 06:13 PM
Yo lemme read you some records homie, A. 2 gun homicides occur in about a year over in england, don't fuckin play yourself. B. They didn't even know wtf crack was and england never experienced a crack epidemic, if anything the closest thing they have to a crack epidemic is occuring in low class areas right now. C. You did not experience any of that shit, shut the fuck up and "stop lying to yourself".

I know where I was at when I was 4 years old.

Bruv are you spittin statistics at me?......:lmao: ........get the fuck out of here........fucking uncle tom politian...

Ignorant Little Youngin....:lmao:

TeknicelStylez
02-11-2007, 06:17 PM
Yea iight vic, walk outside and realize that you live in CandyLand

SHIT IS SWEET, you welcome to come down by me any time you want to see how real LATIN Minorities live, you can see Latin Kings for the first time, you can see crack buildings and all that other shit and UNDERSTAND what PE was talking about.

TAURO
02-11-2007, 06:20 PM
I understand yall wanna justify what you listen to and be able to say, "they was talking about my life" and shit like that. But fact of the matter is they was talking about what occured in THEIR neighborhoods, AMERICAN NEIGHBORHOODS,I know this, in fact who said it was talking about their hoods there is no other ghetto in the world like a U.S. Ghetto, there is different types of ghettos out there, there is worse ghettos out there, but it's not the fuckin same thing. Even ghettos in the US are different from each other, I would have thought you at least new that.

If you didn't grow up here you don't UNDERSTAND what they're talking about, bottom fuckin line. Just accept it and move on.

If you really understood what PE was about you would not have posted this statement.

TeknicelStylez
02-11-2007, 06:22 PM
Yo we aint gonna agree on shit, but bottom line, my closing statement is, you have no idea what a real ghetto is like, and you have no idea what it's like to be really really opressed, where you wake up everyday going "Wtf am I gonna do now, my life is completely fucked".

Kong
02-11-2007, 06:24 PM
I think it depends what life you been dealt I mean you could live in a lot of shit and come out clean dodged all that shit or live in an area where its only 1/4 as shitty but get it all on you. Life is that random.

TAURO
02-11-2007, 06:27 PM
Yea iight vic, walk outside and realize that you live in CandyLand

SHIT IS SWEET, you welcome to come down by me any time you want to see how real LATIN Minorities live, you can see Latin Kings for the first time, you can see crack buildings and all that other shit and UNDERSTAND what PE was talking about.

Look Tek on the real, this convo was not about who's hood is the grimiest, I mean you almost sound like your proud of your poverty stricken hood. I grew up in two hoods, one in england and one in colombia, I know about poverty and struggle.......I've lost primos and an uncle to the bullshit. I respect your views Tek but you offended me by presuming you knew my life when you know damn well you don't........If you met me in person you would see that im not the type of person to make shit up, trying to "impress" people I have never met on an internet forum means nothing to me, all you can do is take my word for it.

TeknicelStylez
02-11-2007, 06:29 PM
im not trying to impress people mang, I'm saying I can't stand when people act like they lived this hard ass life when they from an area thats fuckin nice as hell.

TAURO
02-11-2007, 06:33 PM
im not trying to impress people mang, I'm saying I can't stand when people act like they lived this hard ass life when they from an area thats fuckin nice as hell.

But you said it yourself, there are ghettos all over the world so how can you just sit there and say our areas are nice, I bet I know more about NY and Jersey than you know about London, why?....because we are given a window to that shit whether it be on tv or in music.....but wtf do you know about london?.....besides that the queen lives there.

TeknicelStylez
02-11-2007, 06:38 PM
Nigga you do not see shit on TV that has anything to do with my life out here, or that would even give you a clue about what goes on out here. I have alot of friends that live out in london, you guys have a small drug and crime problem, couldn't even light a candle to areas like Camden and South Bronx.

TAURO
02-11-2007, 06:40 PM
Oh ok you have "friends" that live in london do you?.....what parts?

TeknicelStylez
02-11-2007, 06:43 PM
Hackney, Dalton, Brixton, Manchester... I know peopel all over London, couple of em post here.

Kong
02-11-2007, 06:45 PM
Does that mean you know what its like in london?

TAURO
02-11-2007, 06:49 PM
Hackney, Dalton, Brixton, Manchester... I know peopel all over London, couple of em post here.

People who post here are not your friends, this is a forum.

Hackney has it's issues no doubt, Dalton?..ehh, Brixton has a bad rep but it's not as bad as people make it out to be, theres actually a lot of middleclass houses there, and Manchester is another city altogether.

On the real Tek come to London I will show you what goes on here, and I don't mean that in a antagonist sense, really come down, see london for yourself.

TeknicelStylez
02-11-2007, 06:58 PM
I would love to but I'm imprisoned in this country and I'm not allowed to leave if I wanted to.

Tauro, look I know your area is bad, but believe me when I tell you that it is nowhere, and I mean nowhere close to what it's like around here. You can drive through South Newark and you will see candles, pictures, and other shit set up for somebody who got shot in that spot on almost every single block. There are people who walk around with no shirt on and guns holstered right on them for everybody to see. When you enter a certain part of the city theres a red rag tied on every street light so you know who's area it is and it's not their fault if they catch you there and shoot you. You see baby's playing around in garbage. 12-13 year olds getting hit with stray gunfire. Streets blocked off by 30-50 fuckin gang members completely covered in red atire. Buildings abandoned blown out and half burnt down with people still living in them. It's the equivalent to a third world country around here yo for real.

We all know, and I don't give a fuck about statistics, but bottom line England DOESN'T have as serious a gun problem as we do over here. There is gunshots every single night. Camden has 629 gun assaults recorded in one year, thats 2 sets of gun assaults per day. Would you like living in a place where everytime you walk out your door you are capable of being chosen and shot randomly for some kind of initiation that doesn't even involve you?

This shit is real out here mang, no fucking around, its not the same thing.

TAURO
02-11-2007, 07:07 PM
I would love to but I'm imprisoned in this country and I'm not allowed to leave if I wanted to.

Tauro, look I know your area is bad, but believe me when I tell you that it is nowhere, and I mean nowhere close to what it's like around here. You can drive through South Newark and you will see candles, pictures, and other shit set up for somebody who got shot in that spot on almost every single block. There are people who walk around with no shirt on and guns holstered right on them for everybody to see. When you enter a certain part of the city theres a red rag tied on every street light so you know who's area it is and it's not their fault if they catch you there and shoot you. You see baby's playing around in garbage. 12-13 year olds getting hit with stray gunfire. Streets blocked off by 30-50 fuckin gang members completely covered in red atire. Buildings abandoned blown out and half burnt down with people still living in them. It's the equivalent to a third world country around here yo for real.

We all know, and I don't give a fuck about statistics, but bottom line England DOESN'T have as serious a gun problem as we do over here. There is gunshots every single night. Camden has 629 gun assaults recorded in one year, thats 2 sets of gun assaults per day. Would you like living in a place where everytime you walk out your door you are capable of being chosen and shot randomly for some kind of initiation that doesn't even involve you?

This shit is real out here mang, no fucking around, its not the same thing.

I believe you and I agree with you, dude look at my posts in this thread, not once did I ever say that England was worse than America, my beef with you was that you thought the rest of the world was holding hands skipping down the street together with big smiles on our faces and I was just saying that isn't the case. I have seen hoods in america first hand and I know how deep the gang situation is there, not once did I ever think you where living the good life Tek.

EAGLE EYE
02-11-2007, 08:40 PM
http://www.njgangfree.org/lookfor.htm

^on the 3rd page they got the NGE. what the fuck?? Have they been creating problems lately?

TeknicelStylez
02-12-2007, 12:03 AM
Hells naw, most of the niggaz on my block was 5% at one point or another, they don't really cause any problems. The reason the cops consider them a gang is because even though people was 5% they was still doing things that normal hood niggaz do, as in selling crack on the block and just because they had knowledge and shit doesn't mean they punks you still gotta look out for your own whether you like it or not. Just cause you a peaceful nigga doesn't mean everyone else is, if you gotta pop someone to save self than thats what it do.

EAGLE EYE
02-12-2007, 12:13 AM
understood.

supremecharma
02-12-2007, 03:23 AM
that was fucking long winded.

Kong
02-12-2007, 08:39 AM
what point is trying to be made here? ya'll forgot?

TAURO
02-12-2007, 08:53 AM
The topic at had was which rapper/group most influenced you in terms of political awarness?......Like I stated before now it's Immortal Technique.

Kong
02-12-2007, 09:05 AM
what happened to the stuff about being influenced by these rappers if overseas. that was the start of that argument and it seems you both forgot that.

How many debates on KTL come to a conclusion and how many just spin off to people just trying to prove a point?

Prolifical ENG
02-12-2007, 10:28 AM
Lol @ this KTL thread spinning off into "My hood is harder than yours so STFU about what rapper was politically influential to you" :?

TAURO
02-12-2007, 11:05 AM
Look Tek on the real, this convo was not about who's hood is the grimiest

I stated that this was not the direction the debate should be taking, but for some reason it did even though I never once said my hood was worse than his.

TeknicelStylez
02-12-2007, 12:47 PM
Shut the fuck up, you all have no idea what you're talking about. Who's hood is harder is not in the discussion obviously, because he lives in England and I live in fucking New Jersey, and anybody in their right brain knows the difference.

I was just trying to explain the horrors that go on in a US ghetto so these people understand what influenced these rappers to come to the point political awareness that they are at. It wasn't like they went to a job interview and some boss called em a nigger and refused to hire them. We live in shit everyday that half of you people never and will never get to see what goes on in the inner city. Thats the point I was trying to make.

Prolifical ENG
02-12-2007, 02:31 PM
^^^^^^

But that point has already been beaten to the ground, especially on internet forums.

I think a better conclusion to be made from this thread derailment is people notoriously make incorrect assumptions about places that they have never been. Comparing one city's crime statistics to the next is one thing, but in the inner city some of those numbers are never recorded regardless. It is true that some places in London are horrendous no matter what you are comparing it to. I live in Toronto and the rumor is most people don't even lock their doors. :lmao:

Many people never been to Africa, little do they know they have several cities that have skyscrapers etc. in them instead of a bunch of tents and straw houses. Some things in urban geography people don't know.

TAURO
02-12-2007, 02:36 PM
very good point, but somehow I don't think Tek cares much unless it's happening within his own hood.

TeknicelStylez
02-12-2007, 03:16 PM
If somebody was punching you in the face wouldn't you care more than if somebody was slapping some guy 6000 miles away

froth
02-12-2007, 04:46 PM
if i have to pick from this list i say bob bc he teaches one of the best lessons ever when hes singing about not losing faith in the presence of adversity. he almost makes it sound FUN