PDA

View Full Version : Freeganism

Ultimate Fist
02-10-2007, 09:52 PM
Your thoughts?

http://www.freegan.info/

maestro wooz
02-10-2007, 10:01 PM
kind of a joke. They got heart but that's not logical at all.

Ultimate Fist
02-10-2007, 10:02 PM
Yeah. Most people say it would never work on a massive scale and I agree. But it would be kind of cool to try just for a year or something. I have this fantasy where I hitchike the country. Never probably gonna do it though- too dangerous.

Civilison
02-10-2007, 10:05 PM
even the best thing in the world taken to an extreme level will turn out to be unproductive.

i appreciate the drive of groups like these but until you know for certain from experience, lots of them can spread misinformation.

still, gotta respect the efforts. everybody has got to do what they got to do.

maestro wooz
02-10-2007, 10:47 PM
Yeah. Most people say it would never work on a massive scale and I agree. But it would be kind of cool to try just for a year or something. I have this fantasy where I hitchike the country. Never probably gonna do it though- too dangerous.

a dharma bum experience, it would be an awesome time but a little hard to pull off. I think taking a month off would be possible though. Hmmmm.

iniquity
02-11-2007, 12:09 PM
How much of our lives do we sacrifice to pay bills and buy more stuff? For most of us, work means sacrificing our freedom to take orders from someone else, stress, boredom, monotony, and in many cases risks to our physical and psychological well-being.

Once we realize that it's not a few bad products or a few egregious companies responsible for the social and ecological abuses in our world but rather the entire system we are working in, we begin to realize that, as workers, we are cogs in a machine of violence, death, exploitation, and destruction.

.. Agree ..

Crackhead Bob
02-11-2007, 12:13 PM

.. Agree ..

for once i agree with you, i must be a misanthrope lol....