PDA

View Full Version : lol at the grammys..lupe got robbed

ballistic
02-11-2007, 09:29 PM
dont get me wrong, i love ludacris...but release therapy is better than food & liquor? that was a watershed hiphop album. and TI was nominated?? HA! where the HELL was fishscale?? but you know what im not even going to get angry, its the grammys. they are what we expected them to be.

Z3RO
02-11-2007, 09:36 PM
Exactly Dude..........it's The Grammys
Lupe Did Get Jerked, I Don't Even Know
How Did Ludacris Got Nominated. That
Nigga Wack In My Opinion. Fuck The Grammys,
Bet Awards And Any Other Music Awards Cause
They Overlook Way Better Artists Than They Nominate

Lil' Ruger
02-11-2007, 09:42 PM
i have plans of growing up and getting my own TV channel and i will put REAL hip-hop on....maybe a radio station too..

but ludacris is fucking good u cant doubt that man.....his shit is good man....and better then lupe in my opinion.

xHard to Earnx
02-11-2007, 09:48 PM
Opinions.

Food and Liquor actually kinda sucked.

TI rules, so I don't know what you're talking about with that part.

11th Chamber
02-11-2007, 10:13 PM
T.I.'s "King" was a much better album then Luda's "Release Therapy"

Kenny Powers
02-11-2007, 10:15 PM
what everyone is overlooking is how the roots shoulda taken that down, game theory was nice

ballistic
02-11-2007, 10:16 PM
lmao TI? just because people inaccurately call him 'the king' definitely doesn't mean he 'rules'...but for rap album nominations he should always be ruled out. he doesnt compare to lupe, the roots or ludacris in any way. lupe is a dazzling MC whom we should see put out more classics, and his first one definitely deserved the grammy. i was surprised he was even nominated, considering the committee's unfamiliarity with the hip hop genre.

ballistic
02-11-2007, 10:22 PM
what everyone is overlooking is how the roots shoulda taken that down, game theory was nice

i was a bit underwhelmed by the roots' effort on that album...but still a quality release.

i'm dumbfounded by the TI support in here. he's a wack industry rapper. ludacris may be 'industry' too, but he's actually a good MC. TI is a puppet for executives with no originality, prowess, or lyrical ability.

Unforgiven
02-11-2007, 10:25 PM
You'd think because of how mashed up and shitty the music industry seems to be that the Grammys would support actual talented artists.

Dr Zayus
02-11-2007, 10:25 PM
F&L was a 4/5 album. King & Game Theory deserved to win.

Lil' Ruger
02-11-2007, 10:34 PM
Ti is actually good compared to other southern artists...just because its mainstream doesnt mean its bad automatically....TI's king was actually a good album the only song i didnt play really was live in the sky.....the rest where tight bankhead was very good actually.....and you didnt even know he had female artists in his click did you....yea more female rappers the game needs em there actually pretty good.

ballistic
02-11-2007, 10:51 PM
Ti is actually good compared to other southern artists...just because its mainstream doesnt mean its bad automatically....TI's king was actually a good album the only song i didnt play really was live in the sky.....the rest where tight bankhead was very good actually.....and you didnt even know he had female artists in his click did you....yea more female rappers the game needs em there actually pretty good.

i dont discount artists because they are mainstream. luda is very mainstream and i have respect for him because he's actually good at what he does!! 'other southern artists' are not my standard, because most of the ones in the mainstream aren't very creative or imaginative; they're not good MCs. its like if your plumbing system is fucked up and you overlook an exceptional plumber for a bad plumber because the plumber has a nice body and cool jeans. i dont listen to music for that. marketability is not what hip hop is about, but corporate america has made that hip hop's overarching theme. TI might have come charisma and a decent flow, but really, is he an exceptional MC? no. lupe is. ludacris is. black thought is. TI is not.

xHard to Earnx
02-11-2007, 11:03 PM
TI is a puppet for executives with no originality, prowess, or lyrical ability.

You are such a nerdy little homo.

oDoUoSoKo
02-11-2007, 11:07 PM
your such a mainstream jizz stain.:o :loser:

xHard to Earnx
02-11-2007, 11:12 PM
That doesn't even make sense.

Lil' Ruger
02-11-2007, 11:17 PM
yes it does....BTW dusk i pm'd u my verse for the collabo and i got my mic....

ballistic
02-11-2007, 11:27 PM

smh at this typical high school response. guess youre one of the cool kids right. hahaha...you got lots to learn

AcidPhosphate69
02-11-2007, 11:42 PM
T.I. ain't bad. He's nothing special either. Dudes around here are quick to hate on whatever they don't like. Shit, does the guy bother you that much? I mean, I'm not gonna go out a buy a T.I. CD but I don't mind listening to him. Seriously, you dudes need to stop the corny hatin' bullshit. Bunch of fucking music critics, get over yourselves and your own goddamn opinion. Main reason is because your opinion really don't mean shit to anybody but yourself.

GENERAL WISE
02-12-2007, 12:22 AM
First of all T.I's King is a dope Hip Hop Album top 5 of this year definately

but...I am dissapointed that people at the grammy's are still so naive to know about fishscale, it was THE BEST HIP HOP ALBUM OF 2006. I mean Underwater, Clipse of Doom, Whip, RAGU, The Champ OMG this album has too many 5/5's....The Clipse had too electric/funk kind of album but still Great, Lupe's was dope too and different....

But seriously LUDA????????

Grammy's are backtracking now, Trying to give artists the grammy, not the music/album....Ghostface............

ballistic
02-12-2007, 12:42 AM
T.I. ain't bad. He's nothing special either. Dudes around here are quick to hate on whatever they don't like. Shit, does the guy bother you that much? I mean, I'm not gonna go out a buy a T.I. CD but I don't mind listening to him. Seriously, you dudes need to stop the corny hatin' bullshit. Bunch of fucking music critics, get over yourselves and your own goddamn opinion. Main reason is because your opinion really don't mean shit to anybody but yourself.

i assume youre talking about me...i love when someone expresses their dissatisfaction about something, like i just did, and then it is promptly labeled as 'hate'. seems like thats saying you shouldnt speak up if you have a negative or critical thing to say. sadly, fans of hip hop today have plenty of reasons to speak up with a negative comment. the art is being killed by corporate america. but because acknowledging it is 'hating', we shouldnt mention it? thats silly. TI's popularity bothers me because there are many many other better MCs but because he appeals to the mainstream audience he is the one that gets the record deals, cameras, and commercials. he doesnt represent MCing.
and what does getting over your opinion mean? i'm just speaking a concern about patterns that I and many other hip-hop fans have picked up on. should people not speak what they think or feel? i mean we are kind of on an internet forum! what else are we supposed to do? if you like TI, thats cool, but i just dont feel that he is a high caliber MC, and therefore he shouldnt be getting all this attention for his music. there are many other guys out there that warrant more attention.

EAGLE EYE
02-12-2007, 01:10 AM
Nuthin wrong with TIP, it took me a while to appreciate his style and delivery. The underground herb-trollz on the net will hate him by default, but they can stay in the shadows and have their circle jerk.

also

Lupe is a fraud and deserves to be assigned a job as valet or bathroom attendant at the hip hop temple. Now Luda, was original and had his own sound when he first came out, but now hes trying to make "conscious" songs, and its as awkward to listen to as its is to hear old people makin whoopie through the wall at a RAMADA.

tekunique
02-12-2007, 01:18 AM
Puffy's album won the grammy for best rap album over Forever... nuff said.. grammys dont mean shit, they try to pick the artistic recordings over commercial success but they have no clue....fuck awards shows in general.. you cant judge art.

J-Cee
02-12-2007, 01:44 AM
T.I has good beats and a good sound..but his lyrcis are fucking whack.

Longbongcilvaringz
02-12-2007, 01:57 AM
Puffy's album won the grammy for best rap album over Forever... nuff said.. grammys dont mean shit, they try to pick the artistic recordings over commercial success but they have no clue....fuck awards shows in general.. you cant judge art.

agreed,

its the grammys...who cares who wins.

meths reaction to winning a grammy was amusing and truthful.

36 Men in the Night
02-12-2007, 08:46 AM
Fuck the Grammys!!!

crass
02-12-2007, 12:43 PM
why do people get upset/fail to understand why albums like Fishscale don't get love in these mainstream award shows? are you really surprised?

ballistic
02-12-2007, 02:16 PM
^yeah not really. hip hop can take yet another L and move on

AcidPhosphate69
02-12-2007, 04:15 PM
i assume youre talking about me...i love when someone expresses their dissatisfaction about something, like i just did, and then it is promptly labeled as 'hate'. seems like thats saying you shouldnt speak up if you have a negative or critical thing to say. sadly, fans of hip hop today have plenty of reasons to speak up with a negative comment. the art is being killed by corporate america. but because acknowledging it is 'hating', we shouldnt mention it? thats silly. TI's popularity bothers me because there are many many other better MCs but because he appeals to the mainstream audience he is the one that gets the record deals, cameras, and commercials. he doesnt represent MCing.
and what does getting over your opinion mean? i'm just speaking a concern about patterns that I and many other hip-hop fans have picked up on. should people not speak what they think or feel? i mean we are kind of on an internet forum! what else are we supposed to do? if you like TI, thats cool, but i just dont feel that he is a high caliber MC, and therefore he shouldnt be getting all this attention for his music. there are many other guys out there that warrant more attention.

I wasn't talking about anybody in particular but yeah, if you want to step up for it, that's cool. Listen, expressing you dislike is one thing but when you start getting on the dude for killing hip-hop, that's hate. Don't get me wrong, I understand where you're coming from, it's just that T.I. didn't set out to kill hip-hop. Nobody did. WHat really killed hip-hop was the taste of money. Record labels love it, artists love it, and naive people are willing to pay for a good hook and a nice beat and that's about it. OF course, there are artists stilling willing to be true to themselves and not care what anybody else wants but they're in the minority, but honestly...it's not just hip-hop in this problem...it's pretty much all music.

Bottom line, an MC may warrant more attention due to skill but from what I've noticed about the average hip-hop listener...they want the hook they can remember and a beat they can nod their heads to. They don't listen to the verses anymore cuz they don't care. Fuck hip-hop making a mainstream comeback, honestly...if those kind of people want to listen to garbage..fucking let them. I'm happy knowing that a select few are keeping it real out there.

I think I sorta got off topic but seriously, we agree I think. It's just I think your anger was directed towards the wrong target.

ballistic
02-12-2007, 04:39 PM
I wasn't talking about anybody in particular but yeah, if you want to step up for it, that's cool. Listen, expressing you dislike is one thing but when you start getting on the dude for killing hip-hop, that's hate. Don't get me wrong, I understand where you're coming from, it's just that T.I. didn't set out to kill hip-hop. Nobody did. WHat really killed hip-hop was the taste of money. Record labels love it, artists love it, and naive people are willing to pay for a good hook and a nice beat and that's about it. OF course, there are artists stilling willing to be true to themselves and not care what anybody else wants but they're in the minority, but honestly...it's not just hip-hop in this problem...it's pretty much all music.

Bottom line, an MC may warrant more attention due to skill but from what I've noticed about the average hip-hop listener...they want the hook they can remember and a beat they can nod their heads to. They don't listen to the verses anymore cuz they don't care. Fuck hip-hop making a mainstream comeback, honestly...if those kind of people want to listen to garbage..fucking let them. I'm happy knowing that a select few are keeping it real out there.

I think I sorta got off topic but seriously, we agree I think. It's just I think your anger was directed towards the wrong target.

i agree with everything you said, pretty much. i dont have any dislike towards TI personally, but he's a poster child of what's happened to hip hop. i was trying to say that supporting him is basically supporting what has happened to the genre in the last decade. and all of these mainstream fans have been essentially trained to like the kind of rap that's on the radio...its all about repetition and flooding airwaves. but thats another topic. we're pretty much in agreement as you said.

xHard to Earnx
02-12-2007, 05:25 PM
smh at this typical high school response. guess youre one of the cool kids right. hahaha...you got lots to learn

Not really.