PDA

View Full Version : Some complaining on hip-hop music videos

Edgar Erebus
02-16-2007, 03:55 PM
The shit really makes me cry. Is there any fucking hip-hop music video made in the last five years which doesn't show rapper with his crew wearing oversized jewelry, driving large cars and squeezing with girls in bikinis? I mean, I'm fucking tired, always same, same shit. Even Wu videos are doing same shit (I was shocked seeing that GZA video where he does some stupid dancing in the club, or that Prodigal Sunn shit posted today in Wu Chamber subforum). Turn anytime on MTV and you see that stuff, this is really depressing.

Where are those original, fresh stuff, goddammit? Like Hype's videos for Busta, or ATCQ's videos, or even early Nas videos? And where are real street videos like NWA's and early Mobb Deep's? Why the fuck it isn't possible to make an original video with that fucking large budgets they all spend?

rek357
02-16-2007, 04:17 PM
funny that you say that, i was watching the epmd crossover video the other day, that video was the shit. todays vids dont compare for some reason

OTB
02-16-2007, 07:19 PM
true slim-
i feel you on this, most are mad sad-

but off top, here'z a couple recent dope onez-

gza/muggs- general principlez
common- the corner

Unique-B
02-16-2007, 07:45 PM
I understand..

xHard to Earnx
02-16-2007, 09:02 PM
Oversized jewelry, driving large cars and squeezing with girls in bikinis all rule though.

11th Chamber
02-16-2007, 09:12 PM
well what do you expect. These guys DO have the girls, the cars, the bling. They are millionaires. Why would they make videos with them walkin threw the hood, when we all kno thats not where they at

anti-social
02-16-2007, 10:05 PM
I love cars and bitches.

Bedlam
02-16-2007, 10:28 PM
any of the new nas videos would make you happy

cap
02-17-2007, 12:50 PM
I was shocked seeing that GZA video where he does some stupid dancing in the club

what video is that??

yeah i hear you man,i love those old grimy hood videos like shook ones,gin & juice,the world is yours...

cap
02-17-2007, 02:21 PM
yo slim tee i got something 4 you...

one of the best videos i've seen in a long time!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHIGKOpefBw

...there's still hope,lol.

TAURO
02-17-2007, 06:58 PM
Thanks for this Cap, the vid is fucking dope

JHIGKOpefBw

Visionz
02-17-2007, 07:04 PM
ill Shit, Kweli just keeps gettin better with time

CITY ZEEKER
02-17-2007, 08:33 PM
Talib Is Coming Bak The Dood Fell Off For A While But Glad To See Him Back To His Original Style.. An Doin Shit Wit Hit Tek, Reflection Eternal Part Ii

Prolifical ENG
02-17-2007, 09:28 PM
I rarely watch music videos. Watching music makes it worse.

Try listening to your albums in a totally dark room vs a bright room....notice a difference with the sound? Don't use your eyes...only use one of your senses and that sense will be enlightened.

One time i listened to Illmatic in total darkness....after a little bit I didn't even know where the speakers were....I was lying down and as Nas was telling the story in poetic form, it was like I had a fukkin out of body experience....it was hard to explain....it was like I was on the streets on NY or something.

And those reasons make albums like that even better.

there are other reasons why music sounds better in the dark.

wow.

Rebel_INS
02-18-2007, 02:04 AM
Yea I agree with you man. Its the commercial shit thats ruining everything with its wackness. But the real artists still come out with good videos.

Edgar Erebus
02-18-2007, 03:05 PM
yo slim tee i got something 4 you...

one of the best videos i've seen in a long time!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHIGKOpefBw

...there's still hope,lol.
Yeah, yeah, that's fresh. Dope vid, really, that's hip-hop. The hip-hop I'd like to watch, with message in lyrics and video. It's the shit, props to Talib and props to Cap.

well what do you expect. These guys DO have the girls, the cars, the bling. They are millionaires. Why would they make videos with them walkin threw the hood, when we all kno thats not where they at
So why do they have to emphasize that in every fucking video, like we don't already know that. They could do something better, Eminem was doing fire videos even after becoming a millionaire.

TAURO
02-18-2007, 06:31 PM
I rarely watch music videos. Watching music makes it worse.

Try listening to your albums in a totally dark room vs a bright room....notice a difference with the sound? Don't use your eyes...only use one of your senses and that sense will be enlightened.

One time i listened to Illmatic in total darkness....after a little bit I didn't even know where the speakers were....I was lying down and as Nas was telling the story in poetic form, it was like I had a fukkin out of body experience....it was hard to explain....it was like I was on the streets on NY or something.

And those reasons make albums like that even better.

there are other reasons why music sounds better in the dark.

wow.

Spot on, I completley agree.........I recommend people do this if they haven't already.