PDA

View Full Version : critically over rated rappers

The_SZAs
02-17-2007, 04:28 PM
don't you hate it when you get all these rappers and lyricists who everyone seems to love and when you splash out on their album you think 'this is good?' who do you think is massively overrated? state why
my vote goes to talib k. ye his lyrics are good but hes so annoyin, the way he talks like hes eatin spaghetti or sumthin and hes slurpin on the mic. and that 'ay yo yo yo yo' thing he does. plus he needs better producers.
well thats me done

xHard to Earnx
02-17-2007, 04:31 PM
Someone's production has nothing to do with rapping ability.

And no. I don't hate it because I don't care.

The_SZAs
02-17-2007, 04:37 PM
when the production gets in the way of the rapping you cant focus on the lyrics, you blank the song. if the production was average thats all thats needed to shine. talib doesnt. and you should care when you waste money which could be spent on better objects

xHard to Earnx
02-17-2007, 04:45 PM
That's why I download first.

You are a sucker.

Get off my internet.

The_SZAs
02-17-2007, 04:54 PM
ye but i dont download music cus i SUPPORT the artists. wat is the point of sayin you have an album when you dont? if you only download sellout music fairgame but what's your fav album? if you downloaded it and didnt buy it your a fool. better to have it. and dont give me any of that 'i download then i buy!' better to buy more excitin, take some risks.

PS i just wanted to know which rappers people didnt like and who to avoid no matter how good people say they are. i take opinions and constructive criticsism why cant these?

Gawd
02-17-2007, 04:55 PM
i listen on line. you dont even need to DL b4 you buy you can listen to the entire album at some sites b4 you buy.

but there really is no point in buying an entire album as most today suck ass cracks.

The_SZAs
02-17-2007, 05:00 PM
hey Ed can you recommend any good recent stuff? consistence is what im after

xHard to Earnx
02-17-2007, 05:16 PM
better to buy more excitin, take some risks.

THEN SHUT THE FUCK UP AND QUIT COMPLAINING YOU STUPID FUCK.

Gawd
02-17-2007, 05:42 PM
hey Ed can you recommend any good recent stuff? consistence is what im after
recent? lawls......check the review forum above

TAURO
02-17-2007, 06:42 PM
Check the reviews section if you want recomendations or go here http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30234

This thread should give you plenty of recomendations.

cap
02-17-2007, 07:35 PM
theres a lot of dope shit out there people,if u care enough 4 it you'll find it.

jallainINS
02-17-2007, 07:45 PM
i think he was tryin to say that he dont like when people are hypin a dude up, then he buys the album and it sucks. at least thats what i got out of it.

i dont like that either, but thats why i download before i buy. if u think its more exciting to take risks then you shoul know that with risks, a lot of times u are let down. so whats the fun in knowing that a cd is good before you buy it? hmm listening to it. yeah thats fun.

i just dont get it, your complaining about buying stuff that u think is good, but then calling us out when we try before we buy. u dont make sense.

Visionz
02-17-2007, 07:47 PM
you don't like Talib?!?!? what are you lookin for then'? btw he's had some dope producers lace tracks for him, Hi-Tek is the other half of Reflection Eternal, whole album is dope same goes for Quality(not producers but dopeness). Guerilla Monsoon Rap has a sick fuckin beat, but who knows just my oppinion on the matter. Most emcees that get respect, atleast on this forum, deserve it.

Prolifical ENG
02-17-2007, 08:02 PM
Well, sometimes when many people are feelin an album or artist that I don't it makes me listen to them more to find out why they like them. Sometimes I still reject but once in a while it grows.

There are a lot of hardcore lyricists that are overrated.

I wont bother getting into downloading and buying albums....I told what I think of all that many times.

There are no overrated albums. Those albums that REPEATEDLY get called classics year after year are labelled that for a reason. P.S. this thread doesn't need to go to the "classic definition" route

Memory Man
02-17-2007, 08:19 PM
i'm not a big fan of talib either, but it's ironic that you went after his production after he just did a record with madlib which probably has the best production he's ever had.

noel411
02-18-2007, 02:10 AM
Everything I have checked out after seeing it hyped up on a forum in the last few years has been a waste of time. A few years ago I'd buy albums that got hyped up, and almost always be disappointed. So I stopped. Then started to dl them knowing they were gonna be average, and discard them indifferently after my suspicions were confirmed. Now I generally don't bother at all.

The last mc I checked out after seeing him hyped up on a forum, and was actually impressed with, was Immortal Technique back in 2003 or so.

And I agree with the thread starter in that Talib Kweli is grossly overrated. I don't find anything about him impressive.

MX1
02-18-2007, 02:17 AM
kweli is nice but i see wut ur sayin he aint that nice but dont be sleeping on sum hyped up rappers cuz they culd turn out impressing u jus like tech..real talk nigga i heard bunch of niggas talkin bout god named louis logic, and i didnt wanna find out shit, but now he to me is one the illest out...so dont be sleepin on sum gods kno im sayin

MX1
02-18-2007, 02:23 AM
and SZA a good recent rapper is nigga named akir...u prolly know of him but if you dont check the nigga out...but there aint alot of new recent decent consistent shit out...

jallainINS
02-18-2007, 01:50 PM
for real louis logic and jj brown are so nice. especially brown, his production is like flawless. misery loves comedy is a classic album.

Unforgiven
02-18-2007, 02:07 PM
ye but i dont download music cus i SUPPORT the artists. wat is the point of sayin you have an album when you dont? if you only download sellout music fairgame but what's your fav album? if you downloaded it and didnt buy it your a fool. better to have it. and dont give me any of that 'i download then i buy!' better to buy more excitin, take some risks.

PS i just wanted to know which rappers people didnt like and who to avoid no matter how good people say they are. i take opinions and constructive criticsism why cant these?

You must be a pretty square dude to live life on the edge by buying music...

Critcally overated rappers? Anything my friends listen to...which is any mainstream bullshit like Lil' Wayne, Fat Joe, Dipset.....

The_SZAs
02-19-2007, 04:14 PM
You must be a pretty square dude to live life on the edge by buying music...

yeah not much excites me these days. which is why i need some excitin hip-hop shit

xHard to Earnx
02-19-2007, 04:20 PM
Just get Dedication 2 and Tha Carter II.

Kenny Powers
02-19-2007, 04:42 PM
and SZA a good recent rapper is nigga named akir...u prolly know of him but if you dont check the nigga out...but there aint alot of new recent decent consistent shit out...

is he the guy with immortal technique? I havent heard any of his stuff but if tech is wit him he cant be bad

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
02-19-2007, 05:22 PM
don't you hate it when you get all these rappers and lyricists who everyone seems to love and when you splash out on their album you think 'this is good?' who do you think is massively overrated? state why
my vote goes to talib k. ye his lyrics are good but hes so annoyin, the way he talks like hes eatin spaghetti or sumthin and hes slurpin on the mic. and that 'ay yo yo yo yo' thing he does. plus he needs better producers.
well thats me done

listen to reflection eternal before you done pissing your pants

J-DON
02-19-2007, 05:33 PM
I just cant get into Murs.

xHard to Earnx
02-19-2007, 06:48 PM
I just cant get into Murs.

It's because he sucks. If you're going to say you're better than my favorite rapper, you better have some shit to back it up with.

maestro wooz
02-19-2007, 06:51 PM
im not a huge talib guy either, just never been able to get in to him. Maybe itll happen one day.

tical2000
02-19-2007, 07:53 PM
I would say RAS KASS......

his albums fuckin suck, and that is the truth

Dirty Knowledge
02-19-2007, 07:55 PM
Kweli must have not signed an autograph this past weekend.

MX1
02-19-2007, 08:18 PM
yeah akir working wit tech, hes pretty much under his wing and developing the revolution fuck politics style tech got so he a pretty good mc...i havent heard much of murs but i heard sum his shit and it sound ight, i dont like his flow all that much but he clever at times...and aint shit out on the radios, also check out jedi mind tricks they got sum deep shit but u prolly know them also check up on boot camp clik, jean grae (female rapper frum brooklyn, got sum flow), sage francis, pharoahe monch, saigon, uncle murder, tonedeff, vakill, the pharcyde (theyre ok theyre west coast), souls of mischief ('93 till infinity album- fuckin niggas put out a classic up on that shit) theres sum good decent shit, not all them incredible or fucking up there wit sum shit but theyre straight

Bis Fan
02-19-2007, 08:34 PM
I like Murs and Kweli :)

Ras too :)

bloodyhookz
02-19-2007, 08:52 PM
I'll never waste a penny on a Nas album, tell you that much!

Ghost_Deini_
02-19-2007, 09:11 PM
It's because he sucks. If you're going to say you're better than my favorite rapper, you better have some shit to back it up with.if youre favorite rapper's lil wayne than thats proof already.

i cant stand everybody on lil wayne's dick. his mixtape shit sucks just as bad as his mainstream shit. its all shit. the only thing that makes one of his songs decent is a guest or a beat. his voice is annoying as hell too, and thats basically all hes got.

another rapper hyped way too much is papoose. i mean hes got a few nice tracks but aside from that, hes nothing great. his verse on that hi tek joint with jada, rae, and talib was beyond wack as well.

mf doom may have beats and rhymes, but they arent as great as most say. hes got good beats, but hes got really shitty beats as well. not too mention his lyrical style gets old fast.

jae millz isnt anything special either.

basically all of dipset. some of them have their moments, but most of the time theyre wack. ive heard stuff i like from juelz and cam and them, but the wack stuff outweighs the nice.

thats good for now.

xHard to Earnx
02-19-2007, 09:21 PM
WAH WAH WAH

Who said Weezy was my favorite rapper? He just rules.

MX1
02-19-2007, 09:27 PM
wayne to me aint shit his voice sounds like the nigga gotta cold or sum shit and his spits say nuthin more than a new born nigga, but if u like the nigga w/e then thats that but to me once i went underground i never looked bak

EAGLE EYE
02-19-2007, 09:27 PM
If I wake up tomorrow and Lil Wayne and also Young Jeezy both died in a glory hole related accident, I might be motivated to try a different flavor coffee

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
02-19-2007, 09:31 PM
its funny how a few punchlines and lies all of a sudden means u "rule"

u have to be very limited in your listenin range to think lil wayne is anything more than average at best

EAGLE EYE
02-19-2007, 09:36 PM
http://photos.lacoccinelle.net/86/39/208639.jpg

When he makes this facial expression it means that he's thinking about fucking white suburban bed room gangstas in their NO-NO hole.

xHard to Earnx
02-19-2007, 10:08 PM
I'm pretty sure it means he's thinking of fucking ugly female rappers.

And if you don't like the Show Me What You Got freestyle, you should just give up on rap.

11th Chamber
02-20-2007, 12:48 AM
Lil Wayne put out more fire shit than most rappers in 2006

ironwizard
02-20-2007, 06:19 AM
Lilī Wayne sucks, I donīt understand whatīs supposed to be appealing about him...

EAGLE EYE
02-20-2007, 09:41 AM
I'm pretty sure it means he's thinking of fucking ugly female rappers.

And if you don't like the Show Me What You Got freestyle, you should just give up on rap.

can you upload this so i can hear it?

The_SZAs
02-20-2007, 11:08 AM
is lil wayne even deserve to be here? i kinda meant rappers who headz can like not some chavs who get pissed on cider.
i just wanted to know your opinions on guys who are said to have alot of talent. said my people you can trust.

drippie k
02-20-2007, 11:53 AM
i cant stand aesop rock...a lot underground backpackin nerds praise him like heīs their savior..but i cant really understand what the fuck heīs saying and when i do, its some weird shit that doesnt even make sense

chiba
02-20-2007, 03:26 PM
i like talib
concious music that is lackin in todays industry
relection eternal and blackstarr are classic albums in my eyes

as they say "dont beleive the hype"

chiba
02-20-2007, 03:27 PM
i cant stand aesop rock...a lot underground backpackin nerds praise him like heīs their savior..but i cant really understand what the fuck heīs saying and when i do, its some weird shit that doesnt even make sense

afterawhile his voice does get annyoin
kinda like a borin school teacher teachin a class
goes in one ear out the other

xHard to Earnx
02-21-2007, 11:24 AM
is lil wayne even deserve to be here? i kinda meant rappers who headz can like not some chavs who get pissed on cider.
i just wanted to know your opinions on guys who are said to have alot of talent. said my people you can trust.

I fucking hate you.

The_SZAs
02-21-2007, 03:05 PM
Come on! do you really think rappers with lil' in their names are good? they shoot themselves in the foot right there.

xHard to Earnx
02-21-2007, 05:20 PM
That's like hating someone because they had MC in their name.

Hating someone with MC in their name NOW would be more appropriate.

Godbrother
02-26-2007, 07:07 PM
Overrated Rappers........Cam and Jim Jones

The worst thing that can ever happen to N.Y.

The content in there music, these dudes are walking disease

jallainINS
02-26-2007, 07:22 PM
jim jones is absolutely awful. cam has some good tracks. now he sucks, but he had his time to shine there for a minute. i agree lil wayne is overrated, any rapper with young or yung in front of their name, or lil in front of their name. they are all overrated i swear.

staycreepin_n_silence
02-26-2007, 08:14 PM
My top 3 and most of you can kiss my black ass

3: Biggie smalls. (r.i.p.) yeah he was dope but I wasn't big on him when he was alive. I listen to cd's and really not that impressed as much as the next man. I am more of a Pac and big pun fan.

2:Ras kass dude is trash, I regret every cd I bought, but my boy was like ras is a monster and I was like I need to up my westcoast game when I was mostly east coast so he was trash

1: Raekwon was the wu, big on rae but he doesn't impress me anymore. I look at his best work thanks to Ghost he really never held an entire album by himself. I'm not looking forward to anything he has to say or anything he's putting out. I remember when Masta killah was on my shit list and 6 years ago I would have smacked anyone that didn't have raekwon in their top five, but now I'm 6 years older and wiser dude is washed up, one notch above u god

xHard to Earnx
02-26-2007, 09:59 PM
Ras Kass really does suck.

BUT HOLY FUCK. Rae is miles away from U-God. Yeeeeeeeeeesh.

The Vatican Mixtapes ruled.