PDA

View Full Version : Should Wu Tang be a religion?

Ultimate Fist
02-17-2007, 07:12 PM
It already has 9 saints that represent 9 universal archetypes

1. RZA- The Leader (akin to Genghis Khan who unified the tribes of Mongolia)
2. GZA- The Sage (he taught the rest 5%er shit and is lyrically intense; you gotta open a dictionary to understand some of what he says)
3. Ghostface- The Warrior (Hercules, David)
4. Method Man- The Populist - brings deep messages to the common man like Japan's Ikko-ikki
5. Raekwon- The Businessman struggling to keep his soul in a material world.
6. ODB- Like the Zen Masters of old, he taught profound lessons using seemingly chaotic actions
7. Masta Killa- The apprentice who becomes a master through hard work (ie he didnt even know how to rap when he started)
8. U-God- The loose cannon, not afraid to challenge RZA's authority but also goes out of control when unchecked
9. Inspectah Deck- ??? (You think of one)

The Wu Tang Manual is like a Bible for some niggas. I learned some deep shit from it.

Like Christianity was from Judaism and Bahai was from Islam, Wu Tang has its roots in other religions- the 5%ers, Buddhism, etc

What do you think? Is this the world's next great religion?

LORD ZERO
02-17-2007, 07:16 PM
i think this should be more in the wu chamber forum

TAURO
02-17-2007, 07:28 PM
I agree

LHX
02-17-2007, 10:01 PM
sounds like a comic book

not really a bad thing

sakk
02-17-2007, 10:45 PM
Not a religion. Maybe a musical genre. Rap, Rock, Wu Tang, Country, Blues....

MX1
02-17-2007, 10:47 PM
i wuld convert faster than shit

and for the inspectah, idk god he is jus that, he inspectah

maestro wooz
02-17-2007, 11:07 PM
i'd go for it, it needs some more details but the wu is forever bitches.

inspectah deck is the enigma, incapable of being categorized.

Civilison
02-17-2007, 11:35 PM
maybe not a religion but a state of mind.

RAMESH
02-18-2007, 03:55 AM
Not a religion. Maybe a musical genre. Rap, Rock, Wu Tang, Country, Blues....
makes the most sence

_BaLaNcE_
02-18-2007, 04:51 AM
ridiculous sheep blabbing..you think it was rza's intent to be some kind of cult leader...THIS IS MUSIC PPL artists are being creative and make their bread its just a tool 2 means..if you in that thoughtframe your already been caught by 6 playing in ya system

supremecharma
02-19-2007, 01:21 AM
:lmao:

AcidPhosphate69
02-19-2007, 02:55 AM
Inspectah is like quiet observation of fact.

Seriously though, Wu Tang to me is truth. I sort hold it as a kind of religion already. Maybe not like, worship but they taught a lot of good shit.

supremecharma
02-19-2007, 05:47 AM
please people stop!!! my sides are splittin!!!!

Ginnsey
02-19-2007, 07:50 AM
^^^^I know man this thread is a little over the top.

Frontal Lobotomy
02-19-2007, 10:04 AM
^ Ahahahah.
this thread has nothing to do with dropping knowledge. Its like, being a groupie or something.

Kong
02-19-2007, 03:18 PM
nation of wu-tang lol?

Battle 1
02-19-2007, 03:58 PM
Well, Bob Marley was definetly a prophet for the rastafarian religion through his music.

Wu-tang could be like prophets of the hip hop culture is the way I see it. They the Godz of that shit you know. Word, the Godz is here, as Rza would say.

P.S: About adding something to Deck's description I would say he's murderous on the mic. Lyrical Assassin something like a renegade Shogun, or better yet a ninja I would say. Word a lyrical ninja. Cause he'll lay back in the shadows right sit back and watch you play yourself and all that right, then he'll catch you while you sleeping or least expect it. Take you to court cause he the Inspectah, also he the rebel INS.

:point: :dududu: ( Inspectah Deck a lyrical ninja)

the silencer
02-19-2007, 04:13 PM
this thread is a little silly...

Ultimate, u seem to have put some effort into that first post but...i dono...we dont need anymore "religions" in the world..

but a couple dudes made good points:
-it should be its own genre of music
-its more a state of mind than religion

without a DOUBT, the lessons i've soaked up from the Wu has changed me and made me the person i am today

"knowledge is infinite, my mind stays saturated"--Timbo King

hectis
02-19-2007, 04:17 PM
no

The_SZAs
02-19-2007, 04:57 PM
^^ put simply. i agree though with the guy who said its a frame of mind. they just taught me to be clever and to show off my genius like they do

Dirty Knowledge
02-19-2007, 08:23 PM

That's deep right there.. haha.. yeah I think Wu Tang is a religion for most. People tat Wu W's on their body like people tat crosses... Wu still big.

MX1
02-19-2007, 08:33 PM
idk im still sidin wit wu being a religion, cuz they are gods tho it a bit extreme shit in the world already extreme so jus as might join em kno im sayin, wu niggas taught me more shit than any other teacher in skool yuh kno especially B.I.B.L.E., priest said it all

d fresh
02-19-2007, 08:59 PM
no

EAGLE EYE
02-19-2007, 09:28 PM
no it shouldnt, but air freshener yes!

MX1
02-19-2007, 09:30 PM
fuckin air freshener??? lol

THEORY
02-20-2007, 01:58 AM
Based on my thoughts on religion in general I would say no. Religions in my humble opinion are just a means to oppress the minds of the people.

Prince Rai
02-20-2007, 03:58 AM
:S

wutang should just influence u through their music, just like any other music.

religion? far from it

Skellington
02-20-2007, 05:23 AM

2. GZA- The Sage (he taught the rest 5%er shit and is lyrically intense; you gotta open a dictionary to understand some of what he says)
4. Method Man- The Populist - brings deep messages to the common man like Japan's Ikko-ikki
6. ODB- Like the Zen Masters of old, he taught profound lessons using seemingly chaotic actions
7. Masta Killa- The apprentice who becomes a master through hard work (ie he didnt even know how to rap when he started)
8. U-God- The loose cannon, not afraid to challenge RZA's authority but also goes out of control when unchecked

The Wu Tang Manual is like a Bible for some niggas. I learned some deep shit from it.

Like Christianity was from Judaism and Bahai was from Islam, Wu Tang has its roots in other religions- the 5%ers, Buddhism, etc

Congratz on the dumbest thing said in Know The ledge ever...jeeeezzz.....

WARPATH
02-20-2007, 09:59 AM

No.