PDA

View Full Version : Oversized personalities...

Edgar Erebus
02-18-2007, 03:57 PM
... and reflection of their self-loving on their music. Discuss. Peace.

Spectrum7glr
02-18-2007, 05:47 PM
50 cent, this guy is ruining the rap game

Cesar
02-18-2007, 06:09 PM
50 cent, this guy is ruining the rap game Well he needs Dr. Dre and Eminems approval before realing his albums, so would you add them two????????

Is not the artist that ruins the rap game, its the record labels because are the ones that sign approve's what comes out and change whatever they fuck they want. Oh and dont forget MTV & BET and Clear Channel Networks & Viacom i believe. They own a lot of the radio stations i think.

BTW 50 aint ruining nuttin.

AcidPhosphate69
02-18-2007, 06:23 PM
Eminem...because if you listen to his newer songs compared to his older songs it's like, "what happened?" He spits shit like, "we get a medal and wear for each beef we inherit", I'm not sure if that's word for word but that's along the lines. Either way, do you really think inheriting beef is something to be proud of? Let's forget he's talking about whack ass rap beef for a second and still...it's nothing that makes him cool. What kind of fucked up message is he sending people? I like the Eminem that was hated on by everybody and didn't really give a fuck who he offended...now it's just stupid shit to make money and please young wannabe white gangsters.

jallainINS
02-18-2007, 06:30 PM
yea i agree the new eminem sucks. 50 cent sucks too. but they arent ruining rap by any means. i dont think anyone is ruining rap. i dont think it can be ruined. its just expanding. feel me? like its just new styles and genres inside of rap. and if your gonna blame anyone for ruining rap, dont say rappers, they are just spittin and doing what they are told cuz they want money, dont blame record labels or companies either cuz they are just in it for the money too. blame fans and teenagers and the people who shell out their hard earned money for terrible music. cuz they are enabling record companies to allow rappers to put out more crap.

Spectrum7glr
02-18-2007, 07:32 PM
well it's just my opinion, you went a little far by including Eminem and Dr.Dre in my comment. my point was really on G-Unit. all this kind of fashion of rappers with bling bling hoes and all that shit is was I call ruining rap. because, for me, rap was real 10-15 years ago. I know that 50 cent is not ruining everything in rap, what I meant is that his was of playing the game is not an example to follow. by ruining i meant that with his G-Unit shit, that I don't like and it's my right and opinion, real quality rap albums get outshine by shit like Lloyd Banks so they sell less because of promotion etc. Also, I have the Mobb Deep example. Mobb Deep was flying low and signing with G-Unit maybe gived them money (I hope for them) but they're sell-out now. Never Mobb Deep is gonna put good music out again like they could.

That was my point, sorry for any missunderstood or disagreement

Cesar
02-18-2007, 07:52 PM
The thing is that you have to go wwwaaayyy before G-Unit, I notice in the second line that you said the word "BLING BLING", see rappers where flossing way before G Unit came out, Nas, Biggie, Pac, Wu-tang, Jay Z especially, etc.etc. but it wasent a whole song based on jewlery and hoes, til Cash Money Records put out B.G.'s track "BLING BLING", talking about jewlery, hoes and cars. That right there lowered the standards in music and also songs like "Get Your Roll On" and so on, the word "Bling Bling" is not used as often as it once was but u still see the type of shit that birthed after that, "CHAING HANG LOW", "RIDING SPINNERS" etc.etc.etc.

And if 50 has a oversized personality i dont blame him, after been hated on by most rappers when he drop "How To Rob" wich wasen a diss, but that was his plan all along, to get their attention. Also to been shot and finding out the next week your dropped from your label "Columbia" also been black balled and then have becomed one of the most successful rapper.

Cesar
02-18-2007, 07:55 PM
dont blame record labels or companies either cuz they are just in it for the money too.

I dont think its right that they playing the same songs over and over on TV and Radio, they shove the music down people's throat. They dong give other artist airplay.

Bis Fan
02-18-2007, 08:10 PM
The thing is that you have to go wwwaaayyy before G-Unit, I notice in the second line that you said the word "BLING BLING", see rappers where flossing way before G Unit came out, Nas, Biggie, Pac, Wu-tang, Jay Z especially, etc.etc. but it wasent a whole song based on jewlery and hoes, til Cash Money Records put out B.G.'s track "BLING BLING", talking about jewlery, hoes and cars. That right there lowered the standards in music and also songs like "Get Your Roll On" and so on, the word "Bling Bling" is not used as often as it once was but u still see the type of shit that birthed after that, "CHAING HANG LOW", "RIDING SPINNERS" etc.etc.etc.

And if 50 has a oversized personality i dont blame him, after been hated on by most rappers when he drop "How To Rob" wich wasen a diss, but that was his plan all along, to get their attention. Also to been shot and finding out the next week your dropped from your label "Columbia" also been black balled and then have becomed one of the most successful rapper.

I agree with most of that, but the How to Rob song was a diss whether 50 intended to be one or not

AcidPhosphate69
02-18-2007, 08:47 PM
I think radio and MTV are ruining rap. They're catering to a certain demographic and god forbid...they go outside that demographic. The worst part is radio and MTV actually has power so whatever is even a little bit hot in the mianstream...they play into the ground in an attempt to get as much ratings as possible. Like, there is a station in Boston called Jam'n 94.5....when a song is big, they play it at least 3 times per hour. And even then...the average rotation on that station is the same 7-10 songs. I mean, certain times they play better shit and at night this dude Geespin plays dope shit like Sean Price but that's like...not even 5% of the songs they play. The rest is whatever R & B and mainstream hip-hop is doing good on the charts. When that Yung Joc song first came out, I shit you not I heard it like 10 times in one day on the same fucking station.

Long paragraph but basicly, radio and MTV drive songs into the ground and only give airtime to things that are certain to please a certain demographic.

Sean
02-19-2007, 01:03 PM
"If you askin why is hip hop dead there's a pretty good chance you the reason it died"

RynMur
02-19-2007, 05:22 PM
Lil Wayne, b/c he's the best rapper alive! hahaha

jallainINS
02-21-2007, 03:51 PM
like i said, radio, mtv, they only play what we want to hear. obviously i use 'we' very loosely. cuz i dont wanna hear smack that 7 times a day, but the public eats these songs up. they love to sing along and crap and when they are driving around they want to hear their 5 favorite 'now' songs. but if ur stuck listening to the radio all day like at work or something then you realize how often they play the billboard's top ten songs. they are playing what people are buying and voting. if these songs weren't making them money they wouldnt be playing them.

Sean
02-21-2007, 03:56 PM
I wish they would make at least 1 TV channel in my area that played real music, no pop-chart shit. MTV is fucking loaded, 1 channel couldn't lose them that much.

Dokuro
02-21-2007, 04:31 PM
IM THE GREATEST

Sean
02-21-2007, 04:49 PM
IM THE GREATEST

Very clever.

Tito_Para Enfrente
02-21-2007, 05:37 PM
Not Me // Im Real.. I Come From The Heart So This Is Just Imagination

jallainINS
02-21-2007, 10:19 PM
well if artists are making music and they arent selling, chances are most of them will make music that will sell cuz they need to pay the bills. not sayin i like it thats just how it is.

MX1
02-21-2007, 10:33 PM
mobb deep to me did sell out, and i dont like any shit niggas like fitty put out, but they aint ruining shit, as long as theres true hip hop junkees out, nuthin gunna be ruined...especially seeing my generation and liking the wu and shit i see niggas turning the wrong way and following g-unit and its like wut the fuck make them so special kno wut i mean but i jus dont care for SHIT of wut they put out