PDA

View Full Version : how much time do you guys put into a verse before you post it?

bizzlez
02-19-2007, 07:36 PM
Just wondering, cause I take like under 30 minutes a rhyme. Like, how much time should I put in a rhyme/verse for me to get better?

MX1
02-19-2007, 08:10 PM
i dont really take that much time in the day i make the verse..like i'll write down a verse one day, then bout couple hours later i'll look at it again and usually work on it again the next day..

bizzlez
02-19-2007, 08:12 PM
thats what I'm doing, writing verse's, saving it on my computer, then when I have the time, look at it again.

Bigot Hitman
02-19-2007, 08:28 PM
I'll right alot of plus 20 line verses in class during one bell that i'm not doin much in. Alot of time i just start typing in the quick response box, and end up with a 16 line to 20 line verse in under 25 minutes. But i've never really write sumthin then come back to it to add to it. I just drop whole verses at a time.

d fresh
02-19-2007, 08:32 PM
Writing verses is an emotional process that should not have a time limit. Let the combination of experience, command of language, and imagination tell you when to stop. Peace

Dirty Knowledge
02-19-2007, 08:37 PM
5-10 minutes.

bizzlez
02-19-2007, 09:22 PM
Ok, I just thought putting more time into writing can help you get better, but I guess alot of it depends on natural talent.

MX1
02-19-2007, 09:29 PM
natural talent does got alot to do with it but work does make u better...look at the nigga masta killa had no rap reputation came in under gza's wing became better, now he can flat out spit, the nigga improved as do most rappers but alot lays on wut u can start ur shit wit

LHX
02-19-2007, 09:34 PM
anywhere between 2 minutes and XX minutes

i usually dont write shit unless the inspiration hits me
so it usually dont take too long

sometimes i just copy and paste other peoples stuff and claim it as my own

faster that way

Bigot Hitman
02-19-2007, 09:38 PM
sometimes i just copy and paste other peoples stuff and claim it as my own

faster that way

True true, but other people's shit is too wack for me even to claim, so i jus write my own.

LHX
02-19-2007, 09:39 PM
that was a joke man

Bigot Hitman
02-19-2007, 09:39 PM
I know, i'm just sayin

MX1
02-19-2007, 09:49 PM
haha very true niggas spits make it faster

Lil' Ruger
02-19-2007, 09:58 PM
i write whenever i drop songs tho.

AcidPhosphate69
02-19-2007, 10:19 PM
I just ge the urge and write. When I type it, it usually take likes 5-10 minutes. 15 tops. But when I sit and write something, I usually take my time more. I don't know why.

Visionz
02-20-2007, 12:41 AM
I just sit down and write, probably usually takes anywhere from 2-3 minutes to about 25, dependin on the length. I don't think its so much about how much time you spend on any one verse but how much time you spend writing verses as a whole. put in the work and you'll notice the improvement

adedwutang
02-20-2007, 10:55 AM
sometimes verses just hit me, like alot of times ill just be sittin there wathcin t.v. and i just keep comin up wit lines, one after the other, and its usually like the sickest shit i ever think of. but i almost always forget them because i dont take a second to stop and try to remember, i just keep sayin the last few over and then a new one and its like a cycle. i could think through 50 bars in my head and only remember the last 10 and like a couple in between. then i take those that i remember and start writing from that and it takes like 10-20 min for a whole verse, i keep it in a book and never see it again unless i plan on recording it.

noel411
02-20-2007, 04:38 PM
If you're gonna put a time limit on a verse then you may as well just forget it altogether. I don't really see the point in writing something just for the sake of it. If you give yourself half an hour and come up with a shit verse, are you gonna leave it that way, or are you gonna put more time into it? You'll never get anywhere with writing if you're gonna restrict yourself with a time limit.

Tito_Para Enfrente
02-20-2007, 04:59 PM
It Takes Me Months.. Before I Post Them.. I Write Every Day.;. Even If Im Struggling .. Especially Now Cuz I Have No Bud. { I Dont Blaze No More} So These Verses I Put Up.. They Will Mean More To Me Than That Of The Old School . But I Just Go From Day To Day Or Feeling To Feeling.. That Is How I Put My Verses.. One Day When I Used To Do Nothing But Just Write.. I Did 147 Lines.. Like 2 Papers Full Back And Forth.. It Was A 4 Pg.. Rap Autobiography On My Feelings.. I Just Had So Much In. . Me .. W/ The Combination Of Bud.. It Is Easier. But What I M Trying To Prove Is We Don T Need Bud To Be Dope. / Its Not An Easy Thing.. If U R Used To The Blaze And Write Method.. So A Hot Verse For Me ..like If I Like It.. Maybe Like An Hour Or Two.. Or When I Feel It Is Complete. Like In Sound And Content ..

bizzlez
02-20-2007, 05:55 PM
what I meant to say...never mind, my mind thinks in to simple of a way, to word it right