PDA

View Full Version : i reached my boiling point

renagade410
02-20-2007, 12:09 AM
ok so i got into a serious altercation yesterday over music

i know it sounds dumb but i was pushed to the limit.....for the past few weeks me n this nigga have been arguin about "good rappers", he thinks that jay-z is the best in the game so i tried to put him onto other artist to show him the light

he immediatly said they was weak without even hearing them but i was cool with that cuz most ppl are like that BUT strike number one was when he said that kingdome come was better than word...life, yes i was heated at first but i let it go....then this fool had the nerve to say(wu-corp brace ur self) this fool said that kingdome come was better than LIQUID SWORDS... i had to leave in order to restrain myself

fast forward a week i see the boy again n i got my cd player...so i let him listen to some vakill n he like who is this n as soon as i say vakill he start laughin cuz to him vakills a no name...then i let him listen to some k-rino n he dub him wack also n he said that sean price was jus alright..he aslo said that doe or die was garbage n that they are all washed up rappers....so now im gettin angry cuz i tried to tell him how basic most of the ppl verses he listen to are n he jus don wanna listen....so we arguin n this fool gon say some "u need to listen to some real hip hop" i asked him da fuk he just say n he repeated it n i honestly dont know what came over me i just started swingin on em then i had him n a sleeper hold

looking back i have no regrets bcuz he deserved that...i wasnt tryna make him like who i listen to but at least respect it i guess some ppl are too stupid to appreciate talent when they hear it

GENERAL WISE
02-20-2007, 12:12 AM

i know it sounds dumb but i was pushed to the limit.....for the past few weeks me n this nigga have been arguin about "good rappers", he thinks that jay-z is the best in the game so i tried to put him onto other artist to show him the light

he immediatly said they was weak without even hearing them but i was cool with that cuz most ppl are like that BUT strike number one was when he said that kingdome come was better than word...life, yes i was heated at first but i let it go....then this fool had the nerve to say(wu-corp brace ur self) this fool said that kingdome come was better than LIQUID SWORDS... i had to leave in order to restrain myself

fast forward a week i see the boy again n i got my cd player...so i let him listen to some vakill n he like who is this n as soon as i say vakill he start laughin cuz to him vakills a no name...then i let him listen to some k-rino n he dub him wack also n he said that sean price was jus alright..he aslo said that doe or die was garbage n that they are all washed up rappers....so now im gettin angry cuz i tried to tell him how basic most of the ppl verses he listen to are n he jus don wanna listen....so we arguin n this fool gon say some "u need to listen to some real hip hop" i asked him da fuk he just say n he repeated it n i honestly dont know what came over me i just started swingin on em then i had him n a sleeper hold

looking back i have no regrets bcuz he deserved that...i wasnt tryna make him like who i listen to but at least respect it i guess some ppl are too stupid to appreciate talent when they hear it
You getting mad at your bud for preferring KC over Liquid Swordz |( means that you care about his opinion.

You lost

renagade410
02-20-2007, 12:16 AM
You getting mad at your bud for preferring KC over Liquid Swordz |( means that you care about his opinion.

You lost

no just the fact that somebody would be so dumb was beyond me

GENERAL WISE
02-20-2007, 12:19 AM

let him think what he wants and you just go bump some real hip hop, keep that shit to yourself/aficionados.

NIGHT MAYOR
02-20-2007, 04:09 AM

its not "dumb" to have diffrent tastes - sounds like your the one that needs an (brace yourself corp) ass whoopin for not respecting other people and their tastes.

live and let live homie - PEACE! :vroar:

AcidPhosphate69
02-20-2007, 04:12 AM
I'm not gonna lie, the kid would piss me off too but to swing on somebody over music is crap. I'd go with the reason that he was being an asshole about it as an excuse.

NIGHT MAYOR
02-20-2007, 04:21 AM
as soon as you ingaged into this convosation with him, and you noticed he had bad taste and a bad argument to back it up - you should have walked off flipping him the bird whilst doing so.

i can just imagine you after the incedent "cant wait to tell the corp about THIS one" *does geeky run-off*

NIGHT MAYOR
02-20-2007, 04:22 AM
whooa! where did i lern to spell ^

Jet Set
02-20-2007, 06:02 AM
Waffles!!!! Hahaha

renagade410
02-20-2007, 08:41 AM
its not "dumb" to have diffrent tastes - sounds like your the one that needs an (brace yourself corp) ass whoopin for not respecting other people and their tastes.

live and let live homie - PEACE! :vroar:

i mean i explained to him what multies were n the different rhyme schemes so he shouldve at least realized what makes a complex verse...i got mad cuz he was listenin to vakill n he was feelin it then as soon as i said who it was he was like o he weak....wtf???? but yea yall right imma just keep on bumpin that real hip hop it be nice to convert some ppl tho

02-20-2007, 08:44 AM

what planet have you been livin on?

this one is FULL of motherfuckers like that

Kong
02-20-2007, 08:53 AM
hahaha that was a funny fuckin story. You got to tolerate ignorant views with music or you wont be able to deal with shit.

EAGLE EYE
02-20-2007, 10:24 AM
new tv show: "When Backpackers Attack!"

Ink Is My Drink
02-20-2007, 11:04 AM

you are a fuking retard. seriously. i laughed so much while reading that. i feel sorry that ur such a dick and cant reliase that not everyone will have the same opinion as you

Prolifical ENG
02-20-2007, 11:38 AM
You can't put people on that shit until they open up themselves. You will fail all the time. Those guys K-Rino and Vakill are ill lyricists, Jay-Z can do that if he really wanted to but its more how he says shit. Mac Dre is the same way.

You have to wait until those people are more open and find some shit themselves before you start introducing shit to them.

When those type of kids come and want to talk records with me, I make it clear that there are some essentials you should at least know or the conversation ends.

renagade410
02-20-2007, 01:57 PM
you are a fuking retard. seriously. i laughed so much while reading that. i feel sorry that ur such a dick and cant reliase that not everyone will have the same opinion as you

its not about having the same opinion as me.....example not everybody thinks that jordan is the best player of all time but i've never met somebody who didnt give him his props or at least acknowledge his talent

mofo
02-20-2007, 02:04 PM
Don't worry you did good. Changing people to real hip hop one person at a time, even if it requires physical force.

EAGLE EYE
02-20-2007, 02:06 PM
fuckin rubber necks

rek357
02-20-2007, 02:47 PM
dudes music taste may not be up to your standards but u sound like a rap nazi.
personally i thought do or die sucked and i think k rino is weak. but i think liquid swords is way better than kingdome come. its all about opinion

Meta4
02-20-2007, 03:38 PM
Don't worry you did good. Changing people to real hip hop one person at a time, even if it requires physical force.

Holla

maestro wooz
02-20-2007, 04:35 PM
hahaha@the story

good work

cap
02-20-2007, 05:56 PM
man,you wouldnt believe how many conversations i had over music that had me frustrated.
but its just no use man,see it like this...(real) hip hop isnt for anyone.

EAGLE EYE
02-20-2007, 06:05 PM
RZA and Masta Killa dont go around beating up people who arent vegans or agree with the lifestyle.

mofo
02-20-2007, 07:39 PM
RZA and Masta Killa dont go around beating up people who arent vegans or agree with the lifestyle.
Protect your fuckin neck.

The Lost Prophet
02-20-2007, 07:55 PM
u guys can critisize the dude about beatin someone up over music but u have to be in that position first..........like ive been that damn close before......hasnt any of u guys almost been into a fight over someone sayen some shit like "im hella better than u in basketball blah blah blah" and this dude talken shit was over a 3 week period........shit one dude said i dont know hip-hop cuz i grew up in sacramento and he grew up in chicago and worst of all i was given him props on what he was listening to.....i almost flipped on that dude.....like i was on some "what the fuck did u say to me" shit, so i then proceeded on clowning the dude on everything he was doin to make him look like an ass...........but all in all i cant blame u sometimes a mothafucka gotta get his ass whipped

tical2000
02-21-2007, 07:39 AM

the guy you are talking about sounds like a chump....he does not really sound like a true hip hop head, just some dude who listens to rap once in a while in between listening to fuckin SIMPLE PLAN, records or whatever is popular at the time......not worth getting worked up over, the dude probably does not really give a shit about rap and is just a casual music fan ie) likes whatever is on the radio

.....that being said I would rather listen to JAY-Z than
K-Rino or Vakill........I dont see how playing these dudes for somebody who obviously is not a hip hop head could appreciate them??? Where a Hip hop head would appreciate the lyrics and rhyme scemes, this would be lost on some twat who just listens to the radio and really has no idea or cares about hip hop

However, I really don't see how Jay-Z is not real hip hop? Sure Kingdom Come is prob Jay-Z's worst album, but Jay-Z is hip hop for sure. To me fuckin CHINGY, D4L, and NELLY are not real hip hop.....Jay-Z has put out some classics......

I think you need to chill though, If you are talking to someone who has a clue about rap, I can see you getting into a good pasionate discussion, but any dude who says KINGDOM COME is better than LIQUID SWORDS obviously is not really a hip hop head and iss not worth your time.......its like me trying to argue/convince my 13 year old sister that the GZA is better than JA RULE, it aint going to happen and its not worth your time

The Antagonist
02-21-2007, 06:54 PM
wow you sound like a fuckin prick

yo i could understand a real arguement if your talking about whos better: JIGGA or NAS...but this shit??? Are you fucking kidding me? It sounds like this guy should have been whuppin up on your lame ass except he dont care about nerds that think everyone should listen to super underground lyrical shit

yo, imagine im allen iverson here saying we talkin bout practice: WE TALKING BOUT JAY-Z! WE TALKING ABOUT JAY....Z! We aint talkin about Mike Jones....but Jay-Z...(now switch me to stephen a. smith) JAY-Z IS A LEGEND, HES ONE OF THE GREATEST MUSICIANS EVER LET ALONE FUCKIN RAPPERS! ARE YOU FUCKING RETARDED!?!?

and you gettin mad at a guy for thinking jay-z is the best and that kingdom come was a great fuckin album...what is the world fucking coming to? esco save us...

IRONFLAGCHIEF36
02-21-2007, 09:16 PM
i hope u knocked his punk ass out!

renagade410
02-22-2007, 12:51 AM
wow you sound like a fuckin prick

yo i could understand a real arguement if your talking about whos better: JIGGA or NAS...but this shit??? Are you fucking kidding me? It sounds like this guy should have been whuppin up on your lame ass except he dont care about nerds that think everyone should listen to super underground lyrical shit

yo, imagine im allen iverson here saying we talkin bout practice: WE TALKING BOUT JAY-Z! WE TALKING ABOUT JAY....Z! We aint talkin about Mike Jones....but Jay-Z...(now switch me to stephen a. smith) JAY-Z IS A LEGEND, HES ONE OF THE GREATEST MUSICIANS EVER LET ALONE FUCKIN RAPPERS! ARE YOU FUCKING RETARDED!?!?

and you gettin mad at a guy for thinking jay-z is the best and that kingdom come was a great fuckin album...what is the world fucking coming to? esco save us...

it wasnt because he liked kingdome come i could care less if he likes the same music i do or not my point is that he was being very ignorant n not respecting other artist solely bcuz they were underground(i guess he was a reverse backpacker lol) n jus cuz sumone listens to "super underground lyrical shit" as u say does not make them a nerd.......fights have occured over alot more stupid shit than this , im not tryna justify what i did cuz yea it was wrong but i dont tolerate ignorance

LORD ZERO
02-22-2007, 01:05 AM
i hope u knocked his punk ass out!

AND kicked his face in afterwards

Edgar Erebus
02-22-2007, 01:28 AM
so we arguin n this fool gon say some "u need to listen to some real hip hop"

He's on point. Fuck KRS, Nelly is the truest hip-hopper in the game.

Edgar Erebus
02-22-2007, 01:33 AM
man,you wouldnt believe how many conversations i had over music that had me frustrated.
but its just no use man,see it like this...(real) hip hop isnt for anyone.

I gave up after I realized that absolutely no one in my hood couldn't stand listening to Eric B and Rakim's "Follow the Leader". Believe me or not. I tried to put it on on a friend's b-day party and everyone was like "WTF, c'mon, he could be your father, put Nelly Furtado instead."

That was the moment when I gave up on spreading true hip-hop around me and started posting here.

renagade410
02-22-2007, 09:53 AM
I gave up after I realized that absolutely no one in my hood couldn't stand listening to Eric B and Rakim's "Follow the Leader". Believe me or not. I tried to put it on on a friend's b-day party and everyone was like "WTF, c'mon, he could be your father, put Nelly Furtado instead."

That was the moment when I gave up on spreading true hip-hop around me and started posting here.

thats actually why i post here because at least on here if somebody does not like an artist they will still give the artist their props when due

renagade410
02-22-2007, 09:54 AM
o n me n dude was arguin strickly based on lyrics

Alcryt
02-22-2007, 10:05 AM
I'm not gonna lie, the kid would piss me off too but to swing on somebody over music is crap. I'd go with the reason that he was being an asshole about it as an excuse.

co-sign
I dont think the poster is in the wrong, simply cause the guy sounded like he was being a complete ass

anti-social
02-22-2007, 11:19 AM
I would've broke his Kingdom Come bootleg CD. No need to fight. :) I love Jay-Z. Without mentioning names, i've hung around some of ya'll favorite underground lyrical niggas and they love these niggas ya'll fightin' ova. Second they love R&B that ya'll think is for girls. So it's all Mood Muzik like Joe Budden Says. Are You There Yet?

DJMethods
02-22-2007, 11:46 AM
Some of you cats are weak.. "fightin over music"??? It ain't MUSIC, it's a culture, it's a way of life.. you don't "listen" to hip-hop, you live that shit. My first love in this world will always be hip-hop, when I was a druggy fuck, hip-hop was there.. when my mum left me homeless so she could bunt up, hip-hop was there.. when I did time, hip-hop was there. This shit is life, it's not "music".. it's whats wrong with hip-hop now.

Take it back.. when hip-hop first started, DJ Kool Herc, Grandmaster Flash and Afrika bambataa used to put on block parties, go home and think of ways to improve shit. they passed on pussy so they could put on a good party, they lived the shit.. eventually the Roxy club blew up, writers, b-boys, DJs, MCs all rockin out, fuck half the club was punk rockers.. everyone lived this shit. Now whats it like? Every club you go to is rockin some crunk, mainstream bullshit because it's "cool"

THE W
02-22-2007, 05:37 PM
why is it so important for your peeps to like your music?

and as someone mentioned, this guy is probably a casual hiphop listener and is hardly worth your emotions.

Mista JpKoff
02-26-2007, 04:35 AM
youd be surprised by how many actual hip hop heads prefer Kingdom Come over Follow The Leader... What's funny about that thread is the number of kids that are 17 and pretend to know about "real hip-hop" as in "hip-hop from the late 80s/early 90s". Come on, rap is different now, don't hate on it just because it's musically more advanced ! And i don't think one can REALLY appreciate 88-92 rap unless he's been bumping it at that time. That's a fake purist attitude, and i don't mean it as disrespect but wishing to open one's eyes about music in general. It evolves, don't act as if anything new is garbage... Eric B's beats can't hold a candle to Just Blaze's or Timbaland's, and anybody with a sense of music will tell you just that. There was a real interesting comment on the first page of this topic about how known underground rappers bump Jay-Z's shit and other commercial shit rather than indie shit or old school shit.
As for underground MCs, they usually are much better than mainstream MCs, but their beats ain't as appealing, that's why they get slept on