PDA

View Full Version : Why are so many news tv channels biased towards a certain political party?

check two
02-19-2007, 11:42 PM
I don't know why there can't be more unbiased tv news channels? I think Fox News is the most biased. Almost everybody on there is a conservative, that wears a plain boring suit, combs their hair the exact same way every day, gets a hair cut at exactly the same interval every few weeks, so their hair never looks longer or shorter to notice, and sleeps with the same ulgy wife, once a year. Fox News might have like one non-conservative, and that's Colmes, from Hannity and Colmes. Of course, Hannity's name has to be first.

Then you have MSNBC, which I would say favors liberals. But at least they have some conservatives on there also, to balance it out, such as Tucker Carlson, and Scarborough. I haven't seen Carlson's show much lately, since it changed timeslots, but it provided some laughs, not just redundant humbo jumbo all the time.

Then you have CNN, which I don't watch as much. But I have heard that it favors certain sides more than the other.

the silencer
02-20-2007, 12:00 AM
the answer isn't that hard to grasp...

although it may seem like a far-fetched conspiracy rant, it IS true that all of public media and especially television is controlled by about a handful of large corporate conglomerate entities...

when you realize that, all the other pieces seem to come together by themselves..

check two
02-20-2007, 12:24 AM
Yeah, but the time should come when smaller entities can break free from the pack, and not be held back.

Kong
02-20-2007, 10:56 AM
I liked Galloway on sky news: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=249JaIaubVw

I think if smaller news groups broke off not enouth people would take them serious as most just follow the news stations like sheep.

Frontal Lobotomy
02-20-2007, 11:17 AM
The news has never been objective, and I doubt it ever will. Look at Fox, it controls the American media and is in favour of maintaining a system that will make Murdoch richer. In England, Murdoch owns 2 of the biggest selling newspapers (Sun, Daily Mail) and they're very much rightwing. Conservative campaigners can regularly look to the likes of Fox to help them in gaining votes, as its beneficial to both of them.

EAGLE EYE
02-20-2007, 01:12 PM
CNN is just as bad as Fox

Frontal Lobotomy
02-20-2007, 01:21 PM
True that, they all wanna grow fat off what they do.

dirty-minded
02-20-2007, 01:36 PM
In Canada, CBC is a government funded channel. I don't need to point out how the newscasts look.

Kong
02-21-2007, 05:00 AM
what is the most reliable source today?

Gawd
02-21-2007, 09:18 AM
everyone on fox is not a conservative.

most news sites are biased and add their spin on stories. you just have to be able to read past that. try reading about the same story on 3-4 different outlets. from that you should be able to form your own opinion. and no one is more biased than some of these arab and anti western arab/muslim news places.

check two
02-21-2007, 03:03 PM
Well, besides Colmes, who on Fox News isn't conservative? That asian lady that is on The O'Reilly Factor show sometimes is real annoying. Bill O'Reilly keeps talking about segular progressives against the fanatic religious people, too much. Hannity is boring. Does that fat ass, pot belly pig Newt Gingrich have a show on Fox News channel? I hope not.

Gawd
02-21-2007, 04:29 PM
Well, besides Colmes, who on Fox News isn't conservative? That asian lady that is on The O'Reilly Factor show sometimes is real annoying. Bill O'Reilly keeps talking about segular progressives against the fanatic religious people, too much. Hannity is boring. Does that fat ass, pot belly pig Newt Gingrich have a show on Fox News channel? I hope not.

who tells you their political party on fox? most you can tell are conservative but you dont know how everyone leans just by reading the news etc.

CherChezLaMarauder
02-21-2007, 08:43 PM
dude, you're way off with your topic. There's different types of media, and you're leaving out the print media. Most of them are liberal as hell. Don't be fooled by the select few stations. Gain some awareness on today's issues and peep the opinions of the ENTIRE media, they're more liberal than you think.

check two
02-21-2007, 11:47 PM
I know that there are various print media that are liberal. My thread is focusing on the news stations on tv though, so you're the one who's way off, bloke.

zeppelin2k
02-24-2007, 11:55 AM
In Canada, CBC is a government funded channel. I don't need to point out how the newscasts look.

its not that bad

in fact, cbc is probably the most objective news channel in north america, that reaches the amount of viewers that it does

maestro wooz
02-24-2007, 10:23 PM
the answer isn't that hard to grasp...

although it may seem like a far-fetched conspiracy rant, it IS true that all of public media and especially television is controlled by about a handful of large corporate conglomerate entities...

when you realize that, all the other pieces seem to come together by themselves..

yeah