PDA

View Full Version : Was God Of War 1, good?

bizzlez
02-20-2007, 08:07 PM
Did you need every single button to beat the first one? Simple control schemes are very appealing to me, but God Of War II got a 9.7 by ign.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/763/763624p1.html

Thats better then what Gears Of War got.

Might drop the $50 to get it based on what you guys say about the first one.

Ya_Bane
02-20-2007, 08:22 PM
I haven't completed it, played maybe 1/3. But it's really cool, alot like Devil May Cry but cooler fights. I mean, if I were to slaughter a couple thousands people with a meele-weapon, that would be my weapon of choise.

The only thing that can bring it down is that it may be a bit too much fighting, and not too much else. But if you like fighting and more fighting with cool weapons and grafics, then go for it.

eVoL
02-20-2007, 08:30 PM
Sick ass game.

Everything about it was just perfect, and this isn't some hype from a random fanboy, I'm saying it with a fcken passion

Bloo
02-20-2007, 10:37 PM
God of War is good. At first glance you'll believe that it's a knockoff of Devil May Cry set in ancient Greece but it is so much more. There is a lot more puzzle solving than in DMC, and just about (if not more) gory.

The combo system is about the same difficulty as in DMC but unlike the sequels there are no different styles, you learn more combos as you level your weapons so in all actuality as you progress the game never bogs you down cause you can't do heavy strings until later in the game anyway, by that time you've gotten all the small combos down.

Definately check it out though, you should be able to find the first one dirt cheap now. I lucked out and found a used copy at blockbuster for $10 when they were still selling it in the store for $50. Maybe I'll get lucky with part two :)

the silencer
02-20-2007, 10:49 PM
God of War 1 is probably the best PS2 game i've ever played

ironwizard
02-21-2007, 07:55 AM
God of War is definitely one of the best games on the ps2, and you should definitely get it. If I were you, Id get both at right away so you can understand the storyline completely, and the first one is pretty cheap by now. Im really looking forward to GoW II, Ive heard nothing but good things about it.

J-DON
02-22-2007, 12:18 PM
God of was was alright, a bit of a button masher.