PDA

View Full Version : you know who's the biggest genius in rap

TSA
02-21-2007, 08:58 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_P

just shut up and read.....shut up and read..

Kong
02-21-2007, 09:15 AM
GZA IS THE GENIUS. But master p smart.

Cm0ney
02-21-2007, 10:53 AM
damn... i didnt know he was that big of a business man

oDoUoSoKo
02-21-2007, 10:56 AM
isnt he broke now?

Prolifical ENG
02-21-2007, 10:58 AM
You mean in the "rap industry".

Yeah I remember reading that on wiki a while ago. He knows how to hustle.

Prolifical ENG
02-21-2007, 11:00 AM
isnt he broke now?

No-Limit records is bankrupt, but P himself still has loads of cash.

I remember a few years back he was like 9th in Americas top 40 richest under 40. But I guess he's older than 40 now.....so I guess he tumbled in the category, "top 40 over 40"

crass
02-21-2007, 11:22 AM
he's worth like $300 million. his gold toilet floated away during katrina though.

Sean
02-21-2007, 02:48 PM
...gold floats?

eVoL
02-21-2007, 10:40 PM
sell crack to all your brothers and sisters, and you, too, will make enough revenue to invest in a musical "career" and eventually increase your funds substantially

CID DIGITAL
02-21-2007, 10:54 PM
Yeah , thats a fucked up message to prosper from. That shit wasnt anything to show the kids. not from that angle.

anti-social
02-21-2007, 11:10 PM
Nothing Wrong with wanting success and to all you who say he sold crack to his people...open your eyes, majority of your favorite rappers have "hussled" and if it wasn't for rap, they probably be doing the same damn things that goes on in the ghetto. Props to Master P for gettin' his PAPER.

EAGLE EYE
02-21-2007, 11:19 PM
If RZA is so smart why didnt he think of this?

Edgar Erebus
02-22-2007, 12:37 AM
I remember a few years back he was like 9th in Americas top 40 richest under 40. But I guess he's older than 40 now.....so I guess he tumbled in the category, "top 40 over 40"

Too early. Wait until April 29.

Besides, I think RZA basically followed same paths with some variations (Wu Wear and shit), but what killed Wu was the thing that No Limit surely didn't suffer from: lack of cohesion. I think even now everyone on No Limit is Master P's soldier and follows his commands - like Wu in PhaseOne (93-96) when RZA was directing everyone's career and Wu was in his prime artistically and commercially.

Peace.

Cheech Da WildKard
02-22-2007, 08:30 AM
Master P is the ultimate hustler.

A very smart businessman.

I ain't a fan of his music, bar a few tracks, but his business savvy is undoubtedly top-class.

TSA
02-22-2007, 08:42 AM
sell crack to all your brothers and sisters, and you, too, will make enough revenue to invest in a musical "career" and eventually increase your funds substantially

i hope your not being sarcastic or something cause the amount of people that bought drugs from him will never equal the amount he inspires on a daily basis.

on the other hand Raekwon the Chef sold drugs, and will NEVER be able to fuck in P.

plus the RZA comment is the truest thing ever, if he were so smart(and he isn't he just has a lot of trivial knowledge with anyone can obtain if exposed to) he would have been able to fuck with P. He's smart cause he had a good idea to begin with, but couldn't execute, or keep it going.

TSA
02-22-2007, 08:44 AM
Yeah , thats a fucked up message to prosper from. That shit wasnt anything to show the kids. not from that angle.

actually that's the message that made african american youths the fastest growing independant business group in the country

Z3RO
02-22-2007, 12:55 PM
That Nigga Ain't A Geinus, Just A Rapping Business Man Who Was Wack...............
As Far As Rap Music Genius, Kool Keith Is A Fucking Genius!

Hayabusa
02-22-2007, 01:17 PM
i knew people would come in here hating on P because he from the south... Not his fault he started the rapper clothin line shit and putting dvds in packages with the music and tons of other shit that everybody else tries to rip off and halfass at doing it. Not his fault he will be the only rapper that owns 100% of his masters and made like $11 off every CD and made like 400 million in a 4 year period that most musicans in general can't say they have done...

TSA
02-22-2007, 01:59 PM
...Respeck def, and P is a Genius, cause while Kool Keith was in the studio, he was in the trunk, cookin up schemes to buy Kool Keith.

A lot of cats bit for P's element, and look at rap today, then before him.
like it or not he revolutionized guerrilla business strategies, made the south take over, made the independant movement take over, finally put the power in the artist's hands, show you can be on forbes from hip hop, and fuckin made Bout It Bout

and if anyone wants to hate on him I stand by the fact that Inspectah Deck alone has never made a song as good as Bout It Bout....never.

Edgar Erebus
02-22-2007, 02:05 PM
Niggas say UNNNNNNNNNGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

THE W
02-22-2007, 04:45 PM
cant deny his business savy.

Rza isnt a business genius, never claimed to be business genius, but master p did take that "group to solo" thing from Rza. a lot of groups did.

no limit albums arent topping the charts and flying off the shelves these days either.

THE W
02-22-2007, 04:49 PM
By 1999 Master P built an empire worth $400 million in four years according to Fortune magazine, a feat which has never been matched in hip hop history.

[edit (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Master_P&action=edit&section=3)] The Deal

Before Master P, Hip Hop artists had historically focused more on the artistic and glamorous side of Hip Hop while paying very little attention to the business and financial aspects. All that changed in 1996 when Master P signed a ground breaking music distribution deal with Priority Records, one where No Limit Records would retain 100% ownership of their Master Recordings and keep 85% of their record's sales while giving Priority 15% in return for pressing and distribution. Master P went on to make hundreds of millions of dollars from this deal.

that is a SICK deal. i'd like to know how he was able to negotiate this.