PDA

View Full Version : Best Big Daddy Kane album?

Alcryt
02-22-2007, 03:49 PM
I've only got his greatest hits, but i recently heard the track 'show and prove' which told me that a greatest hits album cant be enough.

So what y'all think his best album/s is?

Prolifical ENG
02-22-2007, 04:49 PM
If you were to make a poll for this, Long Live the Kane would likely win followed by Its a Big Daddy Thing. My personal favourite is A Taste of Chocolate.

His older albums were released on Cold Chillin Records, so the originals are out of print. However last year I think some other company got the rights to reissue albums from that label, like GZA's first album, Kool Gs older ones got reissued too so I think Kane's got reissued too.

UNCLE RUCKUS
02-22-2007, 05:39 PM
Definately Long Live the Kane

noel411
02-23-2007, 12:23 AM
If you were to make a poll for this, Long Live the Kane would likely win followed by Its a Big Daddy Thing. My personal favourite is A Taste of Chocolate.
I would have said exactly the same thing.

However, it is MANDATORY that you buy each and every one of them, otherwise you will soon realise that your life is not worth living and consequently end it.

Alcryt
02-23-2007, 06:16 AM
However, it is MANDATORY that you buy each and every one of them, otherwise you will soon realise that your life is not worth living and consequently end it.

lol i was just thinking what would be best to start me off, im planning on getting all his albums eventually, and all of krs's and rakims.
Its always hard choosing which albums to get first when you include new releases and all the old dope shit i still aint heard.

His older albums were released on Cold Chillin Records, so the originals are out of print. However last year I think some other company got the rights to reissue albums from that label, like GZA's first album, Kool Gs older ones got reissued too so I think Kane's got reissued too.

Damn, just remembered i still gotta get a Kool G album too.
Good thing its my birthday soon, more money more albums :hooray:

madstyles
02-23-2007, 05:39 PM
I have long live the kane and it's crazy how this dudes rhymes are better/or on par with almost anything you hear now a days. Gotta respect that especially since the album is almost 20 years old.

bloodyhookz
02-23-2007, 07:08 PM
Yeah Most Definitely All Those Albums Mentioned Are Fuckin Off The Hook, But What About His Album In The Nineties, Veteranz Day? A Must Have Album As Well!