PDA

View Full Version : Why do people read religion into politics?

Ultimate Fist
02-24-2007, 10:41 PM
I find it extremely annoying when I watch some commentator and they're all like "Secular progressive this..." "Christian that..." Why do people put religion into politics or read it into it? I think the fact that about half the people in the US are pro-choice disproves that its just a "secular agenda." I've really noticed this with right wing commentators- half the time when they're talking about the "secular agenda" or the "multicultural agenda" its just white Christians who are more liberal advocating whatever they're against. What the Hell are they talking about? It's not like there's this huge army of gay illegal immigrant atheists from Iran running around who want to pass legislation to make all hell spring loose.

It's equally annoying when liberal commentators talk about the Christian Right agenda. Sure's there's the Christian Coalition and all that but damn, they read a Christian agenda into everything! The Christian Right agenda on the environment... on corporations... on blah blah blah! For goodness sake, the right does use Christianity as a propaganda tool but its not the reason for everything they stands for! YEESSSHHH!!!

Here's my message: keep this religious bull out of politics! Seriously, abortion, gay marriage, whatever could be debated without bringing religion in. When you all bring religion into shit you just show what a bunch of jackasses you are. I don't give a damn about what the 2000 year old book says, or the facist agenda or any of that. Just tell me why I should believe what you advocate. Enough with the propaganda bullshit.

Os3y3ris
02-24-2007, 10:43 PM
Well, if you actually BELIEVE in your religion, how can you not bring it into everything you do?

maestro wooz
02-24-2007, 10:49 PM
it's a good way to divide people, makes for an easy argument, and probaly is true some of the time. The US constitution would agree with you ultimate, seperation of religion and state.

Well, if you actually BELIEVE in your religion, how can you not bring it into everything you do?

true

abasi
02-26-2007, 08:22 AM
i never really took to religion
i always thought a person should have a "personal" relationship with god

Godbrother
02-26-2007, 09:15 AM
People need a refernce point or be able to refer things.

Godbrother
02-26-2007, 10:28 AM
I should have elaborated on what I said....pardon me on my short comment

Majority of politicians are religion based(faith) specifically Anglo-Saxon

Just like majority of politicans have a LAW DEGREE