PDA

View Full Version : If a Dog/Cat sleeps more than its awake, is its Dream world the real world?

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-25-2007, 10:15 PM
If youve got/ever had a pet, you'll of seen it when its dreaming moving its legs like its running around or growling and making noise like its seen a cat or whatever. We all know when youre in a dream, its as real as what we perceive as our "real" life, so if youre living in a dream more than you live in the "real" world, what is youre "real" world?

This basically runs along the whole lines of how do we seperate dreams form reality. When Dogs and Cats grow older, they can spend 20 hours a day asleep! (Cats sleep like this their whole lives though)

Os3y3ris
02-25-2007, 10:20 PM
How about this. If I sleep for 8 hours and it feels like 24, then whats MY real world?

LHX
02-25-2007, 10:22 PM
the relationship between dreamworld and real world is interesting to explore

i would say its all the real world
but in the dream world, the imagination is more vivid and mechanisms of perception are more active and sensitive

i fall asleep in public a lot and one of my favorite feelings in the world is waking up and not knowing where i am for a brief second

exciting

LHX
02-25-2007, 10:22 PM
How about this. If I sleep for 8 hours and it feels like 24, then whats MY real world?
deeeeeeeeeeep

O is the dream/sleep authority

the silencer
02-25-2007, 10:52 PM
thats a real thought-provoking question..

and X, i also love that feeling u mentioned..(although i RARELY ever fall asleep in public..on the bus sometimes maybe)...its pretty bugged out when u suddenly wake up and for a few seconds you in total disarray and dono where you are...

i never take the shit anymore, but when i used to take NyQuill sometimes i wood always have this crazy sensation where i would fall asleep and then wake up in an instant....but i had just slept for like 10 hours...so i was totally out of it and even if i was dreaming, my MEMORY wasnt picking it up at all..

M_N
02-26-2007, 08:52 AM
no! because dog's/cat's vital functions runs faster than humans they need to sleep more and dies earlyer than human.

and you never know does animals have dreams when they sleep

2L8Lit da croatianMC
02-26-2007, 10:15 AM
Cats sleep alot more that dogs. Cats r only 4 hours awake through 24 hours.
Is dream world its real world? Hell no, i think its same as humans.
And I love to laugh when my dog is in REM, shaking and shit like an epileptic attack hehe that shit make me laugh...

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-26-2007, 10:45 PM
and you never know does animals have dreams when they sleep

of course you do read below for proof, if you have a dog you would know!

And I love to laugh when my dog is in REM, shaking and shit like an epileptic attack hehe that shit make me laugh...

^^LOL I know my Dogs pratically almost going for a full bark sometimes but when he barks to loud he wakes himself up! Then he looks around like "what the fuck just happened here?" :D

Tito
02-28-2007, 07:05 PM
Im Always In A Dream .. But Really Know The Difference When Real And Not..

So It Depends On Ur Pet I Think.. If He/she Is Smart.. They Know When Ur Fucking Around With Them..

Its Funny Really

Gawd
02-28-2007, 07:12 PM
iif.....my dog...slept for 20 hours...// aday/....i would not let it live...

but i would be sad.....

so it can live...///

bizzlez
02-28-2007, 07:19 PM
my dog twitches in its sleep sometimes, its paws

but, I don't think their dream world's their real world cause they sleep so much

then again, we don't know what dogs and cats think

Jet Set
03-01-2007, 03:43 AM
How much of the part they are sleeping do they experience as a dream. If they experience this more than just the real world they are living in, and indeed spend more hours wnadering dreamland than the realland, than just maybe this becomes real. But dreamland can always be different and never really the same as real land. In which the dog can find his comfort and knows he will get his food and attention. These little constants are maybe the difference between real and dream.

ALLAHNDRZUWUNIGA
03-04-2007, 03:45 PM
But this is what an old chinnees man once said,

"i fell a sleep and dreampt I was a butterfly, I thought as a butterfly and moved like a butterfly. (something like this) then I awoke and again I was a man. Now I dont know weather I was then a man dreaming I was a buttefly, or now a butterfly dreaming I am a man"

I believe it was Lao Tse who said that.

And just how it says in the holly books, how God makes man's bones ache when he's awake so that he remembers god in life, and torments him with dreams so that he doesnt forget the God when he sleeps, I want to say that even the nicest dreams on a supper concious leavel are products of a mental struggle, and all the friends you enoucnter and all the messeengers and that are just incentive and byproducts of renunciation and fasting on the part of the mind, suffering for a virtue that is rarely comunicable even through dreams.

Jet Set
03-04-2007, 03:50 PM
We are what we are till we understand we can wake up.

EAGLE EYE
03-04-2007, 04:02 PM
just this thread title alone cracks me up.

Frontal Lobotomy
03-04-2007, 04:47 PM
I'd love to know what dogs and cats dream about, I bet its pretty cool. Then, things like that normally turn out to be anti-climactic.
Personally, I don't much like dreams. I have the occasional one where I get punched and I wake up with a sore jaw, fucking annoying.
I do have a question, which sounds a little martix esque but I'll put iot up anyway, I've had the occasional dream where I'm fighting for my life in some kind of battle on the streets, but I always wake up before I get killed (in a sense) which has always begged the question to me, what would happen if you do get killed in the subconscious mind?

ALLAHNDRZUWUNIGA
03-04-2007, 04:53 PM
You feel the horor of a soul lossing life.

2L8Lit da croatianMC
03-06-2007, 08:36 AM
I have this dream often.. I'm in REM, and i became aware that im asleep. i wanna wake up cuz its unbearable, lying still, unable to move, while knowing ur asleep, i wanna wake up, im using all my inner strength, to wake up, and im still paralised, one time i was able to move a finger a bit, but it took a minute or two to wake up. Then one time, same shit, and my eyes were closed but i could see thru closed eyes, i shooked, and still panic to wake up after two mins.
Yo sorry bout the offtopic..

Longbongcilvaringz
03-06-2007, 10:05 AM
sometimes when i dream...i know its a dream..

dreaming is over interpretted, you just dream about what ever your thinking about at the the time, its just your brain/mind defecating after a day of working.

who says dogs/cats/animals dream anyway?

Urban_Journalz
03-06-2007, 11:41 AM
If youve got/ever had a pet, you'll of seen it when its dreaming moving its legs like its running around or growling and making noise like its seen a cat or whatever. We all know when youre in a dream, its as real as what we perceive as our "real" life, so if youre living in a dream more than you live in the "real" world, what is youre "real" world?

This basically runs along the whole lines of how do we seperate dreams form reality. When Dogs and Cats grow older, they can spend 20 hours a day asleep! (Cats sleep like this their whole lives though)

When you dream, you're in a state of astral projection. The body is resting, but the soul is traveling anywhere the sub-conscious is willing it to go, through time and space. A dream is reality because wherever you are in the dream, you're actually there. Notice how you can think of something in your dreams and it ends up happening almost immediately. That's the main advantage of the astral realm. The soul has much more control because A: It's free from the body for a while and B: There are little to no distractions that would hinder the soul from exercising it's natural potential.
Also, when you're dreaming, you're actually moving at the true speed of time. If you doubt this, then as soon as you wake up in the morning, put on a song that you're familiar with and notice that it's going a lot faster than you think it should. No matter how hard you try to mentally slow it down, it won't do any good. Why? Well, again, your body was resting, but your soul wasn't. At this point, your soul has re-entered your body and is slowing back down to suit this realm of space and time. You hear fast music because your soul just got back home to the painfully slow 3rd dimension and is taking it's track shoes off.

Some say that, "It's just a dream." Are we really so out of touch with our own nature that we're willing to throw "only" before "a dream". When at the same time we'll tell ourselves and others to hold on to dreams and never let them die?? Surely they must be a vital part of our identity as living things.

In the case of those who sleep more than others, their idea of the real world is much more profound, because they take lessons from their dreams and try to manifest them in this realm of existence as well. That is, if they're not just lazy bums.

Dogs? I think dogs dream. I mean, they have souls, feelings and brains, just as we do. What they dream would be a lot less complex though. I've seen my dogs kickin', growlin' and barkin' in their sleep, so that's proof enough for me.

My real world? Well, that's tough to say. I'm one of the ones who believes that the foundation of "real" stems from a belief in the finer mysteries. So, to a lot of people, my real world isn't real at all. So, even by me, my world can't be classified. Not yet anyway.

To understand dreams is like anything else, you have to study them. Not just where you are in the dream, but also how you feel, what's happening and who or what is around you. Lucid/vivid dreams are the most important ones to pay attention to.

2L8Lit da croatianMC
03-07-2007, 04:56 AM
who says dogs/cats/animals dream anyway?

I say, and every man who understands animals..
REM - Rapidly Eyes Moving.. So that is deep sleep..
Why would my dog shake, and move while he's sleepin if she aint dreaming?
Cmon, the are animals, but they do dream. And why would my dog wake up all shooked up, barking, if she wasnt having a bad dream.. What, u think animals shut down like a computer when fall asleep??? Cats has alot less intelligence, but i think they do dream to.. But dogs, dream fo sho ! ! !