PDA

View Full Version : NCAA College Football Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

Come Honor Face
09-28-2007, 04:45 PM
Guys, be sure to watch the WVU vs. South Florida game tonight on espn.
The best team in the country is playing! WVU-44 USF-23

Olive Oil Goombah
09-29-2007, 01:45 AM
LOL...WVU??? They look good against Big East opponents...the defense in the Big East is nowhere near what it is in the other power conferences.

grimey
09-30-2007, 08:33 AM
gators went down auburn got they ass again! GO CANES!

THE W
09-30-2007, 10:22 AM
ton of upset this week.

that USC game was ugly. i liken it to a guy trying to commit suicide numerous times and cant do it. USC did everything in their power to give that game to washington. penalties, drops, fumbles, special teams, bad throws, tips. the only thing that didnt go wrong for the trogens is they didnt lose the game.

Dirty Knowledge
09-30-2007, 03:36 PM
whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

GATORS SON

FUCK THE HATERS, YOU WISH YOU WERE A UF FAN

GATORS SON!!!

HOW COOL IS THAT AUBURN KICKER?!?

HE MADE THE WINNING FG TWICE!!

GO NOLLLLLEEEESSSSSSS!!!!

Olive Oil Goombah
09-30-2007, 09:54 PM
^HAHAHAHAHAHAHA....winning a national championship with one loss is lame as fuck! Auburn shoulda been voted the champs!

Olive Oil Goombah
09-30-2007, 09:58 PM
Texas, Florida, Oklahoma....they were all overrated...UWV too...Like I said before, I think LSU is the best team. USC is beatable. They don't have any dominant guys. I think Booty is booty.
I'm tellin you...the Buckeyes got it this year. Beanie Wells, that ferocious D. Its all on how Boeckman plays.
But LSU is the team so far. Florida/LSU will be a great game. Fuck Tebow, im rootin for the Tigers. The last thing UF wants to see is more Tigers after Auburn dogged em for the second straight year.

Dirty Knowledge
10-01-2007, 12:51 AM
FSU or USF will be in Nat'l Title Game...

netscape check two
10-01-2007, 05:05 PM
Do you think Notre Dame will win a game this season? If they don't win any games, will they still keep that fat ass coach?

grimey
10-01-2007, 08:21 PM
i hope ND dont win any games ever again...

Bedlam
10-01-2007, 11:49 PM
yall Noles fans are truley sad. Yall never got anything to be excited about with your own wack program so you have to get excited anytime UF stumbles

Yall know UF gonna wax that ass for the 4th straight year, kill yaselves

Dirty Knowledge
10-04-2007, 04:46 PM
Tim Tebow should wax that throwing arm.

Dirty Knowledge
10-07-2007, 05:42 PM
I can't believe LSU came back last night. I honestly went out after Florida scored after LSU scored in the 3rd and the crowd was going nuts. This morning my pops tells me LSU wins, LOL. Straight choke. On the otttttttthhhhhhhha hand, them 'Noles rolling and I garuntee you we will now be ranked. Top 25 baby we're cracking that shit.

USF is the best team in Florida, how sad is that. They're not even IN South Florida. But fAU gave em a fight yesterday.. I coulda went to that game.

GO NOLES.... sorry Gator fans.. I'm not gonna poke fun I offer my condolences to your feeble attempts at a Back2Back title.

THE W
10-08-2007, 06:17 PM
john david booty has been living up to his name the last two games.

hectis
10-08-2007, 06:23 PM
so who is lsu (going by they wont lose a game) going to play for the national title?

Olive Oil Goombah
10-09-2007, 10:12 PM
Ohio State....because Cal wont be USC.

Dirty Knowledge
10-09-2007, 11:48 PM
Yo Hectis, I think it'll be a last-minute decision Title Game.. who knows if LSU stays Number 1. I dunno their exact schedule.. but the SEC is tough. This year's pretty exciting. Would they really put USF in the Nat'l Title Game? They could go undefeated.

THE W
10-13-2007, 08:57 PM
yet another upset with LSU going down to kentucky. kentucky suprisingly is not all that bad this year though.

Storm
10-13-2007, 10:59 PM
This year has been really crazy, all preseason top 10 teams have all lost atleast one game this year.

netscape check two
10-15-2007, 12:23 AM
Yeah, isn't Kentucky's QB supposed to be the top QB in college football this season?

Come Honor Face
10-15-2007, 11:22 AM
Woodson is nice! Very strong arm!

THE W
10-15-2007, 06:54 PM
fucking cal lost to oregon st. pastor at my church told me about it. couldnt believe it.

this has been an interesting year of football indeed.

Storm
11-10-2007, 06:29 PM
Ohio State has just gotten upseted..wow

THE W
11-10-2007, 08:36 PM
congrats to illinois on a great win. ron zook has that program looking real good. they're gonna be a force to be reckoned with.

despite the loses michigan and ohio state will play for the big ten and the rose bowl yet again.

netscape check two
11-11-2007, 01:32 AM
I'm going to give props to Kansas and Hawaii, for having undefeated seasons so far. I get tired of when people keep dissing them. Why is Florida still ranked so good, when they have lost three games so far? I think Oregon is better than LSU. LSU was lucky to get a couple of the wins they did, they looked shaky.

Also, congrats to Notre Dame for officially having their worst season of all time. Yet they still broadcast all their games on national tv. Nobody wants to watch them. Congrats to the sneaky fat ass coach of theirs. Instead of just taking that great 5 year deal that was originally offered by Notre Dame... The Saints were offering him a better deal, so he goes back and tells Notre Dame this, and they raise the offer to ten years, and more money. Now they are stuck with his fat ass for years to come. They will just keep losing, and he will just keep getting fatter. Nobody wants to play for him. Players keep leaving the team left and right.

THE W
11-11-2007, 12:13 PM
if you havent lost you should be number 1 and 2. schedule strength should only be considered when theres 3 teams with the same top record. you cant punish teams for something they cant do anything about. you cant pick which teams you play every week. your schedule is your schedule.

but whatchagonnado. the BCS is arguably the most retarded thing that has ever been concieved by humans.

Come Honor Face
11-22-2007, 01:14 PM
WOW! Suddenly my pick of WVU to win the national title seems to be very possible again.

netscape check two
11-23-2007, 12:04 AM
How come West Virginia had moved in front of Missouri in the polls this past week? How bout the winner of the Kansas/Missouri game as the National champion?

Complex
11-23-2007, 02:26 AM
word up .... Imma be @ the Kansas Vs Mizzou game at Arrowhead, im crazy hype for this, gonna be the game of the century...

what yall know bout KU representin... top 5 in the nation in football and basketball, no one else can say that....

Jayhawkz gonna smash on Saturday!!!

THE W
11-23-2007, 03:25 PM
How come West Virginia had moved in front of Missouri in the polls this past week? How bout the winner of the Kansas/Missouri game as the National champion?
a ratings nightmare. the B"C"S cats wont allow it even if its deserved.

Come Honor Face
11-23-2007, 04:11 PM
Would it surprise you if the winner of the Kansas Missouri game lost to Oklahoma in the Big 12 Championship game? I almost expect it!

netscape check two
11-24-2007, 12:37 AM
Good to see LSU not win another come from behind game today, this time. Like I said before, I think they are overrated. Their defense gives up too many points.

grimey
11-24-2007, 08:12 AM
LSU chocked 4 real........all that talent and they got 2 loses?!

Olive Oil Goombah
11-24-2007, 10:17 PM
I wish I would've bet missouri.....I knew Kansas was a pretender. Not playing Texas or Oklahoma in the Big 12 is like not playing Ohio State or Michigan in the Big Ten. You don't deserve to be ranked that high.

Needless to say I think WVU loses to Pitt and Oklahoma beat Mizz.

Olive Oil Goombah
11-24-2007, 10:18 PM
For all the nut hugging of the SEC, none of those teams are great. They have some talented offensive players and they all run gadget offenses, but they dont play D down their in the south.
Florida had a great D last year, thats THE reason they did what they did.

Come Honor Face
11-25-2007, 04:55 PM
I'll be surprised if Pitt can stay within 50 points of WVU!
Missouri will lose to Oklahoma.

It's gonna be WVU and Ohio State for tha title.

WVU will waste Ohio State just like Florida did last year! WVU-41 OSU-23

Olive Oil Goombah
11-25-2007, 06:00 PM
Nah....OSU will pound the ball this year and go with a totally different scheme. Nobody can stop Beanie Wells, especially not some Big East Defense.
Ohio State lost Ginn on the first play after he returned a kickoff....that was a devastating blow...plus they didnt run it like they should have.

WVU has Pat WHite and Slaton, but other than that, they run up the score on overrated Big East teams...UConn???? Come on. That conference is nothing without Tech and Miami FL. They shouldnt even get a BCS bid.

netscape check two
11-26-2007, 02:37 AM
I'd like to see Missouri take down Oklahoma. Oklahoma got pounded by an unranked
Texas Tech team, until they almost made a comeback at the end of the game. I think Missouri will beat them.

Like I said before, a team with three losses shouldn't be ranked in the top ten, like Florida is.

Ohio State isn't as good this season, as they have been in recent past.

Were you referring that Miami, FL is a good team? lol Miami is bad this season. Hawaii could beat them easily. I smell another more controversy this year if Hawaii goes undefeated, and doesn't get a shot at the title. :)

Yorr
11-26-2007, 11:06 AM
Mizzou's got the Nat'l Championship in the bag this year. The only team that can beat them is themselves.

...Sorry. *D

THE W
11-26-2007, 02:07 PM
Ohio State lost Ginn on the first play after he returned a kickoff....that was a devastating blow...plus they didnt run it like they should have.

losing ginn was indeed a big blow to your offense but you still had anthony gonzalez, robisky(sp), and hartline. certainly not as good as as having ginn but more than enough for your offense to not disappear into nothingness as it did.

also, ginn doesnt play on defense. losing him has nothing to do with florida running all over your red carpet defense.

Olive Oil Goombah
11-26-2007, 05:32 PM
Last years game was badly coached, and yes losing Ginn was huge. He made Gonzo that much more dangerous and forced him out of his slot position, were he was best. Robiskie was still inexperience as was Hartline, and Ginn could stretch the field. Also that was an emotional blow to the team.
If Florida loses Percy Harvin, then ohio state becomes much more aggressive, just as Florida did when Ginn went out.

The defense played soft, a scheme I didnt agree with.
This years defense is better, Chris Wells is better, the O-Line is better.

Florida dinked and dunked there way up the field and was giving great position by bad turnovers. I would love another crack at them, but they embarassed themselves this year, and couldnt come close to getting back. They have a long way to go before they can put themselves in a class with Ohio State, Michigan, Texas, USC, etc.
Got alittle too cocky in that one...they forgot the assraping Nebraska gave spurrier...Thats how you beat those soft SEC defense. Run all over them. When Ohio St. did that, Pittman and Wells drove right down the field...then they ran that spread BS which is an SEC, underdog staple.

THE W
11-26-2007, 06:49 PM
like i said they werent as good as having ginn and you cant lose a player like that and expect the offense to not miss a beat but gonzo, robiskie, and hartline werent so bad that the offense should become non-existent without ginn. thats the problem with coaching in college where you get a player and coaches build their whole offense around that player. you gotta have a plan B. so yeah i agree bad coaching by not making ANY adjustments.

you're gonna need help from another team to get in but missouri is going down to oklahoma. we'll see if you can do better against the spread O this time. you did beat miami in 02 when they were a faster more athletic team. you got that going for ya.

Olive Oil Goombah
11-26-2007, 06:57 PM
02 wasn't our first National CHampionship bud. Look at the Heisman list...what is it 7 or 8 Buckeyes after Troy?

You know why we won in 02 over that great Miami team??? Defense....an NFL caliber defense, and a ball control offense with the best back in the country at the time(Clarett). Ohio State tied a record for players drafted that year.
I dont know were people get the notion that they are faster or more athletic.....
I think the fact that the south plays in perfect weather on perfect field all the time looks better than a slow, muddy, cold field.

I loved it tho...Kellen Winslow being a little baby after the game. Dick. Even tho im a Browns fan and he's cool now, he was a little bitch in college.

hectis
11-26-2007, 07:05 PM
ohio state might still play for the title if west virgina or missouri lose and even if those teams dont lose they will still play in a bcs bowl game

Olive Oil Goombah
11-26-2007, 07:09 PM
Missouri vs. WVU would be a boring as Final. WVU plays in a weak conference, and Missouri will lose to Oklahoma....by alot. I bet they choke. But if they win, they deserve to be their.

hectis
11-26-2007, 07:13 PM
Missouri vs. WVU would be a boring as Final. WVU plays in a weak conference, and Missouri will lose to Oklahoma....by alot. I bet they choke. But if they win, they deserve to be their.

yeah i agree i bet if it is missouri and wvu it will be the lowest rated title game in a long time

Olive Oil Goombah
11-26-2007, 07:21 PM
It might be high scoring tho...neither team can defend.

THE W
11-26-2007, 07:33 PM
you're not telling me anything i dont already know. you beat miami for the same reason the pats beat the rams the previous year. great defense will beat great offense everytime.

on the offensive side of the ball miami was more talented...a lot more talented. but the way to beat any high powered offense is to get to the quarterback and they did just that in that game. same with the pats against the rams.

dont know why you're going on about your national championships and heismens. :?

Olive Oil Goombah
11-26-2007, 07:47 PM
you're not telling me anything i dont already know. you beat miami for the same reason the pats beat the rams the previous year. great defense will beat great offense everytime.

on the offensive side of the ball miami was more talented...a lot more talented. but the way to beat any high powered offense is to get to the quarterback and they did just that in that game. same with the pats against the rams.

dont know why you're going on about your national championships and heismens. :?

cuz i can

THE W
11-26-2007, 07:51 PM
it is a free country.

Olive Oil Goombah
11-26-2007, 08:07 PM
Yes it is, for us Americans that is.

netscape check two
11-27-2007, 12:44 AM
I would think that more people would want to see a National Title game with different teams playing in it for a change, like Missouri and West Virginia. But that's just me.

hectis
11-27-2007, 12:55 AM
I would think that more people would want to see a National Title game with different teams playing in it for a change, like Missouri and West Virginia. But that's just me.

i rather see a playoff

Come Honor Face
11-27-2007, 10:27 AM
It might be high scoring tho...neither team can defend.

West Virginia is ranked 4th nationally in defense (120 teams)

Missouri's defense is ass.

Olive Oil Goombah
11-27-2007, 04:48 PM
I'm not convinced. They dont have any impact guys on D.

Olive Oil Goombah
11-27-2007, 04:50 PM
I'll stop hatin on WVU...they have a talented squad. Pat White, Slaton, Devine. They are a load offensively.

Come Honor Face
11-28-2007, 02:54 PM
Missouri will lose! WVU will destroy Ohio State on Jan. 7th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Olive Oil Goombah
11-28-2007, 04:58 PM
Ohio State will run all over those backwater cousin lovers.

rubyspirit
12-01-2007, 10:04 PM
i rather see a playoff
Every game is a playoff. Looks like WV is out of it.

Go Oklahoma! :cheerlie:

hectis
12-01-2007, 11:36 PM
Every game is a playoff. Looks like WV is out of it.

Go Oklahoma! :cheerlie:

so is Missour

hectis
12-01-2007, 11:42 PM
so i guess it is going to be ohio state and georgia for the bcs title now?

rubyspirit
12-01-2007, 11:58 PM
The announcers predict :r Ohio State and :r LSU.

If you watched the game on ABC, Oklahoma just took this home. Boomer!

2007 Big 12 Conference Champions - Oklahoma Sooners
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g113/Dontknow82/Big12trophy.jpg

hectis
12-02-2007, 12:01 AM
nah i dont think it will be lsu virginia tech, kansas and georgia are all ranked better but i could be wrong

One and Only
12-02-2007, 09:52 AM
Osu! Osu! Osu! Osu!

Olive Oil Goombah
12-02-2007, 10:48 AM
It doesnt matter who they pick to play Ohio State, everyone who doesn't make it is getting snubbed. USC has a case, and in my opinion, Oklahoma has the biggest case.

Ohio State deserves it cuz they only have 1 loss and won their conference. Georgia will get snubbed cuz they didnt win the SEC. Kansas played a very weak schedule and didnt win the Big 12.

To me, its between USC, Oklahoma and LSU.....but all this is silly. They should just have a system were all the conference champs play eachother, cuz thats basically what this is coming down to.

hectis
12-02-2007, 11:03 AM
It doesnt matter who they pick to play Ohio State, everyone who doesn't make it is getting snubbed. USC has a case, and in my opinion, Oklahoma has the biggest case.

Ohio State deserves it cuz they only have 1 loss and won their conference. Georgia will get snubbed cuz they didnt win the SEC. Kansas played a very weak schedule and didnt win the Big 12.

To me, its between USC, Oklahoma and LSU.....but all this is silly. They should just have a system were all the conference champs play eachother, cuz thats basically what this is coming down to.

no matter what some one is going to be pissed cuz there team is not playing i think oklahoma will play in a bcs bowl game but not the title game i can see it being lsu vs ohio state

hectis
12-02-2007, 11:06 AM
I really dont care about all these bowl games only the 5 bcs bowl games

Focused
12-02-2007, 12:38 PM
The announcers predict :r Ohio State and :r LSU.

If you watched the game on ABC, Oklahoma just took this home. Boomer!

2007 Big 12 Conference Champions - Oklahoma Sooners
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g113/Dontknow82/Big12trophy.jpg

Thats whats up man, sooners all the way haha

Olive Oil Goombah
12-02-2007, 12:43 PM
ANother good thing coming up in the next decade for college football. Ohio State after having a home and home with Texas, will be playing USC the next two years in the regular season...after that they play Miami, V. Tech and Oklahoma......good to see these big programs finally squaring off in the regulars season.

Thats what the SEC usually never does. Go outside the South to play someone. If you want to call yourself he greatest conference...leave the south and play someone.

hectis
12-02-2007, 02:02 PM
ANother good thing coming up in the next decade for college football. Ohio State after having a home and home with Texas, will be playing USC the next two years in the regular season...after that they play Miami, V. Tech and Oklahoma......good to see these big programs finally squaring off in the regulars season.

Thats what the SEC usually never does. Go outside the South to play someone. If you want to call yourself he greatest conference...leave the south and play someone.

yeah it is good to see that and if they win all those games it will help in the bcs(unless all those teams have a bad year but that is unlikely yo happen)

the sec is the best conference right now imo

Olive Oil Goombah
12-02-2007, 02:42 PM
yeah it is good to see that and if they win all those games it will help in the bcs(unless all those teams have a bad year but that is unlikely yo happen)

the sec is the best conference right now imo

In a weak year of college football, they have the most balance. But like I said, rarely do they play anyone in their non-conference schedules. LSU is having a good run, but they just became a force. Tennessee is a down program. Georgia is picked high, but rarely reaches its potential. Alabama is not very good. Auburn has been solid. Florida too. They have good teams, but I don't see the SEC as being superior to anyone else.
Offensively, yes, but they don't play defense.

netscape check two
12-02-2007, 03:04 PM
How did LSU move up to number 2 in the rankings? Nobody wants any of Hawaii.

hectis
12-02-2007, 03:12 PM
How did LSU move up to number 2 in the rankings? Nobody wants any of Hawaii.

lsu had a stong s.o.s and hawaiis was kind weak but they should play in a bcs bowl game since they are the only unbeaten

netscape check two
12-02-2007, 03:52 PM
Wasn't LSU ranked like 7th before the game though? I don't think they should have moved up that high after their win. Ther coach should look into anger management.

Yeah, I get tired of when people say that a team hasn't played many good teams. Similar to how a lot of people were saying that about Boise St. last season, and that they had no chance against a team like Oklahoma, and then they beat them. Boise St. should have been given a chance at the title game last season. Hawaii doesn't get enough respect.

Olive Oil Goombah
12-02-2007, 07:42 PM
So your saying Boise St. should have been there instead of Florida?
I kinda agree, but those weaker non BCS conferences will never get a shot under this system.

hectis
12-02-2007, 08:48 PM
So your saying Boise St. should have been there instead of Florida?
I kinda agree, but those weaker non BCS conferences will never get a shot under this system.

nah florida was better then boise st. they only lose they had was bullshit

THE W
12-02-2007, 11:06 PM
fuck a strength of schedule. why penalize a team for something they cant do anything about? you cant pick who you get to play or what conference you're in. both kansas and hawaii deserve to be there before LSU.

the B"c"S is retarded full stop.

hectis
12-02-2007, 11:10 PM
fuck a strength of schedule. why penalize a team for something they cant do anything about? you cant pick who you get to play or what conference you're in. both kansas and hawaii deserve to be there before LSU.

the B"c"S is retarded full stop.

georgia too

11th Chamber
12-02-2007, 11:32 PM
^^^ LSU won the SEC. Georgia didnt. And also Kansas didnt win the Big 12, so they dont deserve it over LSU either

Focusing to my team, looking foward to the Michigan St. game vs. Boston College.

THE W
12-02-2007, 11:41 PM
didnt georgia lose twice as well? you couldnt put them over LSU as LSU winning their conference would give them the tie breaker between two teams with two losses. kansas only lost one game, LSU lost twice so yes kansas should go before them.

Olive Oil Goombah
12-03-2007, 04:49 PM
Bottom line is, there is no logic to this system whatsoever. The only thing it does is put the top teams in the game. Unlike in the old days when two undefeated teams might not even play eachother...Think 94...Penn St. and Nebraska among others.

It works if both teams are undefeated or there is a clear cut 1 and 2, but that is never usually the case. All the BCS did was correct an even more flawed previous system, yet it is still flawed.

11th chamber....so your a spartan? I'm hoping you hate michigan as much as i do. Dantonio was a great hire for msu. I kno he hates michigan too.
So, according to Mike "0-4 against Ohio State" Hart, if Michigan is Michigan States older brother, does that make Ohio State Michigan's daddy????

hectis
12-03-2007, 11:23 PM
they should take the 4 bcs bowl games have the winner of those games play each other then have the winner of those games play for the title and they can even keep all those other bowl games if they want

THE W
12-04-2007, 10:07 AM
the system is broken and the people who made it know its broken. they dont care, its there so that the people who are caking off of it can continue to rake doe.

Olive Oil Goombah
12-04-2007, 11:09 AM
they should take the 4 bcs bowl games have the winner of those games play each other then have the winner of those games play for the title and they can even keep all those other bowl games if they want

Right....it makes so much sense, but there is too much greed inolved, although I think they would make even more more, and get more viewers for these other Bowls.

Dirty Knowledge
12-05-2007, 03:16 AM
FSU vs Kentucky!!! Hahaha bitches!! Talk about a great fucking game. Bobby always pulls the trick out his sleeve in Bowl Games, this one will be a good one I garuntee ya'll it. Big ups to F.A.U. Florida Atlantic going to their first bowl game. Shouts to ALL the Florida teams because I think most have bowl games this year. I think Florida CRUSHES Michigan.. Mike Hart bring your Hard Helmet. Only game I really ain't feeling is USC vs. Illinois.. Hawaii should be playing for the Nat'l Title. Their game vs. Georgia will be nice though. USF vs. Oregon is interesting.. wonder who's getting points.. I definitly like USF in that one. Tough luck for the U! Weird not seeing them in a Bowl game.

Olive Oil Goombah
12-05-2007, 05:08 PM
I think most of these bowl games suck. Oustside of the National Championship. ALthought the Florida/ Michigan game could be interesting. Michigan has alot to prove, especially Hart. As a buckeye, I dont know who im going to root for in that one.

Come Honor Face
12-17-2007, 11:41 AM
Rich Rodriguez accepts Michigan offer to become head coach.

Guess he just couldnt show his face around here after that Pitt collapse of unbeleivable proprtions!

What a coward!! Leave the school where HE PLAYED FOOTBALL!
The school were he said was HIS DREAM JOB!
Oh, and he did it, right when the program was on the verge of being a true national power.
Rich Rodriguez has just sent a clear message that WVU is merely a stepping stone, not a national power. Thanks coach. We will recover from your betrayal. (someday)

WHAT A DICKHOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

pneumatic
12-17-2007, 12:28 PM
I feel ya, but I welcome him to Michigan. I think he will do better then Carr.

Olive Oil Goombah
12-17-2007, 06:45 PM
We will see how good rodriguez is. He didnt start dominating the big east until Miami and VT left. Alot more competition and defense in the big ten. It will be a shame personally for him to turn Michigan into an option read school...but if he gets Pryor somehow, it would be a good start.
That aside, he really turned his back on his own people. He better do WVU a courtesy and schedule a non conference game with them.

THE W
12-22-2007, 07:33 PM
we'll probably have 4 or 5 loss season this year. hopefully one of those losses isnt to michigan STANK.

patience is a virtue.

Dirty Knowledge
12-24-2007, 03:36 PM
Ya'll need to show a little respect to the fucking OWLS!!!

HOO HOOOO HOOOOO

Come Honor Face
12-24-2007, 04:17 PM
Temple? Rice? ????

Dirty Knowledge
12-24-2007, 04:42 PM
Lmfao, faggot.

Oh and fuck ECU, I was giving 11 1/2 last night I thought Boise St was a solid LOCK pick.

Olive Oil Goombah
12-25-2007, 12:25 AM
FSU vs Kentucky!!! Hahaha bitches!! Talk about a great fucking game. Bobby always pulls the trick out his sleeve in Bowl Games, this one will be a good one I garuntee ya'll it. Big ups to F.A.U. Florida Atlantic going to their first bowl game. Shouts to ALL the Florida teams because I think most have bowl games this year. I think Florida CRUSHES Michigan.. Mike Hart bring your Hard Helmet. Only game I really ain't feeling is USC vs. Illinois.. Hawaii should be playing for the Nat'l Title. Their game vs. Georgia will be nice though. USF vs. Oregon is interesting.. wonder who's getting points.. I definitly like USF in that one. Tough luck for the U! Weird not seeing them in a Bowl game.

ALot of people are sleeping on Illinois but they have a very good team, and they will be a force in the Big Ten in the yeears to come. I wouldn't be surprised if they upset an overconfident USC team.

Bowden better have more than a few tricks up his sleeves for that game. Maybe he should get some advice from the 35 players on his team who were cheating cuz thats the only way they beat Kentucky.

The U is always an uup and down program it seems...they great for 5 years, than they fall of the face of college football, than come back.

hectis
01-02-2008, 01:06 AM
I hope no one was surprised about what happen to hawaii to be honest this would have happened to them vs a lot of good teams if they would have played them

THE W
01-02-2008, 03:56 PM
i expected a competitive game at least but they looked like they had no business being on the field. back to the drawing board.

michigan had a nice game. defense didnt play too well but offensively they looked awesome. game wouldnt have been as close if mike heart didnt put the ball on the ground twice in the red zone. we kept them in the game with turnovers...and the fact that our defense couldnt stop anyone for most of the game.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-02-2008, 09:16 PM
i expected a competitive game at least but they looked like they had no business being on the field. back to the drawing board.

michigan had a nice game. defense didnt play too well but offensively they looked awesome. game wouldnt have been as close if mike heart didnt put the ball on the ground twice in the red zone. we kept them in the game with turnovers...and the fact that our defense could stop anyone for most of the game.

Michigans defense has been their problem the past 5 years. There offense has always been there, which is why Rich Rod shouldnt transform them into one of thosetrick offenses. But thats just a buckeyes opinion.

netscape check two
01-03-2008, 12:50 AM
I was actually surpised that Hawaii lost that bad. Who knows what would have happened if they played another top ten team. I don't like how people are saying that they didn't deserve to be there. Isn't Hawaii allowed to have a bad game? They beat Boise St. which was ranked like 15th at the time. They beat a bunch of other teams too. One of the top QB's and receiver's in college football.

If Hawaii didn't deserve to be in that bowl game, then something similar could be said for teams like Oklahoma, who got mandled also.

Storm
01-03-2008, 02:12 AM
I agree with that.

hectis
01-03-2008, 10:01 AM
is it me or does oklahoma just suck in bcs bowl games

Come Honor Face
01-03-2008, 10:14 AM
^^^It's you! (and last years flop against Boise State)

Oklahoma has won a BCS Championship you know.

I recall two years ago, WVU was a big underdog against the SEC champion Georgia Bulldogs.
WVU went up 28-0 in the first quarter, and won the game.

Say what you want about WVU losing to conference opponents that they should beat, cuz they do. You can't deny that when they play teams that don't play them every year, (non conference) they absolutely obliterate them! SEC or Big 12 champs included.

WVU blew that Pitt game, and have nobody to blame but themselves (and that cockgobbling faggot that coaches at Michigan now) If they had won that game though, they would have spanked the shit out of Ohio State in much the same manner that they did Oklahoma last night.

(no disrespect OSU fans) Just my opinion.

Come Honor Face
01-03-2008, 10:19 AM
Congratulations to Bill Stewart! The new head coach of the West Virginia Mountaineers.

It's nice to have a LOYAL guy to the program coaching the team.

A guy that won't threaten to leave and explore other offers every single year.

He won't change much gameplan wise compared to that Michigan coach, and that's good.

hectis
01-03-2008, 10:22 AM
They lost there last 4 bowl games

Olive Oil Goombah
01-03-2008, 11:45 AM
^^^It's you! (and last years flop against Boise State)

Oklahoma has won a BCS Championship you know.

I recall two years ago, WVU was a big underdog against the SEC champion Georgia Bulldogs.
WVU went up 28-0 in the first quarter, and won the game.

Say what you want about WVU losing to conference opponents that they should beat, cuz they do. You can't deny that when they play teams that don't play them every year, (non conference) they absolutely obliterate them! SEC or Big 12 champs included.

WVU blew that Pitt game, and have nobody to blame but themselves (and that cockgobbling faggot that coaches at Michigan now) If they had won that game though, they would have spanked the shit out of Ohio State in much the same manner that they did Oklahoma last night.

(no disrespect OSU fans) Just my opinion.

Oklahomas defense is no where near Ohio States. We have three 1st rounders on defense. Your claim is mere heresay. You would not have had the ball much because we would just run Beanie Wells down your throat like we did Michigan.
Obviously DIck Rod realized WVU, while having some good years, is still located in West Virginia.

As it stands, you choked against Pitt and lost your coach and shot at the title in the process. Deal with it...its part of having a big time college football program. Its about reloading, not rebuilding.

Come Honor Face
01-03-2008, 12:18 PM
NickyTooth you see the Illinois game this year?
We do what Illinois does, but much, much better!
WVU would make your first round picks on defense look like fools!!
Pat White, Noel Devine, and Darius Reynaud would lite the Buckeyes up!!!

First round picks. LOL Tom Brady=6th round pick. Tim Couch=1st overall pick.

Come Honor Face
01-03-2008, 12:21 PM
You choked against Illinois. What is your point?

Season over really early = Reason OSU is going to the BCS Championship game.

WVU would beat OSU worse than LSU will next week!

Olive Oil Goombah
01-03-2008, 12:38 PM
NickyTooth you see the Illinois game this year?
We do what Illinois does, but much, much better!
WVU would make your first round picks on defense look like fools!!
Pat White, Noel Devine, and Darius Reynaud would lite the Buckeyes up!!!

First round picks. LOL Tom Brady=6th round pick. Tim Couch=1st overall pick.

Don't let one game fool you. Stanford beat USC too.

Unfortunately in college football, we will never know. Alot of those great Buckeye teams that lost to Michigan in the 90's could have bee THE best team, but they lost.

Those 1st rounders you mentioned werent ohio state buckeyes.

Olive Oil Goombah
09-25-2008, 09:51 PM
They look weak at oregon state right now....

Olive Oil Goombah
09-25-2008, 10:26 PM
21-0....you Guys Are Missin Out!!!!!!!!!!

11th Chamber
09-25-2008, 10:27 PM
YUUUUPPP!!!!!

Oregon State is my second fav. college team

Im loving every second of this

They said we stood no chance in 2006, and today, the fucking discussions on the sports shows was "Will USC score more than 50 points in there win tonite?" Like it was a fucking fact or somthing

a 21-0 lead going into halftime, this is just awesome

Olive Oil Goombah
09-25-2008, 10:32 PM
They acted like USC was the greatest team ever...they even went so far as to call them that...

...i dont understand why they leaped over Georgia cuz the blew out Virginia...than they beat Ohio State when Ohio States two best players didnt play(Pryor did barely)...

They havent proven anything yet.

Im loving every second of this...EVERY FUCKING SECOND

Olive Oil Goombah
09-25-2008, 10:33 PM
hahah..i didnt realize you just said that!!!!!!!

11th Chamber
09-25-2008, 11:31 PM
OSU needs to score..

Olive Oil Goombah
09-25-2008, 11:41 PM
they need to milk some clock and get at least 3...if not, pin them deep and make them go the whole field.

Storm
09-25-2008, 11:45 PM
That new clock rule thing really should help them hopefully pull the upset. They really need to score or atleast get a long drive,

Olive Oil Goombah
09-25-2008, 11:51 PM
yea, they are in a great position to make it really tough for USC...if they get about 2 first downs and get at least 3 points, that means SC needs two scores under about 5 minutes.

Not impossible but with the way OSU has been running the ball, a tough task.

Storm
09-25-2008, 11:59 PM
Damnit, kick blocked, they really lack on special teams so far, punter can't punt for shit.

Olive Oil Goombah
09-26-2008, 12:03 AM
yea...they shoulda ran on 3rd AND 4th...fuck it...its not like it would have made a difference....
Their back has been unstoppable all day...why go away from it??

11th Chamber
09-26-2008, 12:06 AM
They're doing a great job running the ball/killing the clock

Olive Oil Goombah
09-26-2008, 12:07 AM
One more first down would almost break them....

...maualuga down.....good. FUCK him.

Storm
09-26-2008, 12:14 AM
Fuck Yea!!

Olive Oil Goombah
09-26-2008, 12:18 AM
hahahahahah!!!! fuck USC..fuck Jime Rome and fuckin southern california!!!!!!

OOOOOOOOOOOVeeeeeeeeeerRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAttttttttttt eEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDD

Storm
09-26-2008, 12:26 AM
Adios USC.

11th Chamber
09-26-2008, 12:28 AM
Annndd its over.

Great victory tonite

Erin Andrews is lucky she didnt get stuck in the mob on the field..hahahaha

Olive Oil Goombah
09-26-2008, 12:30 AM
hahahaha...i cant stop laughin at USC.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching there dreams get crushed.

hectis
09-26-2008, 12:58 AM
haha happens to them every year

Storm
09-26-2008, 01:52 AM
http://espn.go.com/
LMAAAAAAOOOOOOO

THE W
09-26-2008, 03:29 AM
funny thing is they'll go to decent bowl and beat the shit out of really good team.

they've done this for the last 3 years killing the NC hopes by losing to a dog.

gotta look at the coach on this one. how you cant have your players ready for these games is beyond me.

Olive Oil Goombah
09-26-2008, 09:20 AM
Oregons RB just made plays all day.....They couldnt stop him. He was the reason they won..plus the DLine got pressure on Sanchez all day.

They just did the things you need to do to win.

People act like USC is so far above everyone.....its not like Oregon has a bunch of stiffs..They have real talent..

Like i said to someone else...it doesnt matter how deep USC is at tailback, you can only play one or two guys TOPS.

All oregon needed was one, and their one was better than all six USC RB's thursday.

THE W
09-26-2008, 09:57 AM
yeah i guess now oregon state is a top ten talent.....NOT. those stiffs played the game of their lives and USC has no business losing to that team.

USC just blew it like they've done the past 3 years losing to a bucket. but USC will beat all the top teams in their conference and have to go to a non-championship BCS bowl.

those guys just cant handle the pressure of running the table.

Olive Oil Goombah
09-26-2008, 10:20 AM
They do have talent tho. Its not like there are a D-2 team or something....Jacquizz Rodgers is a good player. DOing what he did as a freshmaN???

ORegon always has enough talent to compete with USC...they upset them a few years ago too.

USC is just not as good as everyone thought. One or two games does not make a team or a season.
They dont suck, they are still good, but..

hahahahahahaah@ coke snorting trojan fans

THE W
09-26-2008, 10:46 AM
nah they arent a D-2 school. they're more like northwestern, and a USC team shouldnt be losing to a northwestern. you gotta take care of business.

yeah they seem to have the trojans number. kinda like how those late 90s bulls teams would always lose to the grizzlies in the regular season.

even if oklamhoma, florida, and georgia, and LSU lose a game USC is gonna be out. bad loss.

RynMur
09-26-2008, 12:57 PM
pac 10 = overrated

THE W
09-28-2008, 08:01 AM
FUCK THE BCS. get a playoff bitches.

this can be stickied

Olive Oil Goombah
09-28-2008, 10:42 AM
I agree.

Alabama trounces Georgia....surprising??? not really.

Florida goes down to Ole Miss.

Tough to say who wins the SEC. Bama looks good right now but all of these teams will probabaly have one or two losses.

Storm
09-28-2008, 02:17 PM
Where do you guys think USC will be ranked now that 3 top ten teams went down this weekend. And, yea I think this year we might get a team with one loss or two in the championship game again.

THE W
09-28-2008, 04:51 PM
the polls have them at 9. i think oklahoma is gonna hickup at some point in the season but it wont be against texas.

Dirty Knowledge
09-28-2008, 09:10 PM
FSU/Miami this week...
...need I say more?

#24 UCONN at North Carolina....it'd be one helluva basketball game...but it's actually gonna be a good FOOTBALL game this week.

#14 Ohio State at #18 Wisconsion...Ohio State can either get back on track with this one..or break their backs with it.

#6 Missouri going in to unranked Nebraska...upset alert

Olive Oil Goombah
09-29-2008, 06:17 PM
FSU/Miami used to be a good game but FSU is just terrible now...and Miami really fell off too.

UConn, UNC....i prolly wont watch although it will probly be a good game.

OSU/Wisc and missouri/neb are must watches.

Dirty Knowledge
09-29-2008, 07:13 PM
Don't forget about #10 South Florida at home taking on Dave Wanstedt and the Pittsburgh Panthers. People are going to be talking about how Pittsburgh is a solid team and could upset the Bulls in Tampa...but I doubt it. Pittsburgh got STEAMROLLED by Bowling Green in their season opener..AT HOME. USF will roll over Pittsburgh the same way..and possibly keep moving up after this week. USF is battle tested as well having already beaten Kansas in an amazing game earlier this year.

Another team I think should be on upset alert this week is the Michigan State Spartans. I really like the Spartans running back, JEvon Ringer. He's touched the ball 187 times, for 897 yards, averaging 4.8 a carry, with 12 TDs. But that QB is suspect. I can see the Iowa defense picking him off a few times and creating points off turnovers. Iowa has lost back2back close games, so they'll be ready to put one away.

Staying in Michigan...I think Illinois brings Michigan back down to earth this week...Michigan is shaky..inconsistent..could be a big boo in the Big House.

Olive Oil Goombah
09-29-2008, 08:11 PM
Im still wondering how wisconsin managed to lose that game....

Michigan State's all about RInger....just stop him and you'll be fine. If you can.

THE W
10-02-2008, 02:14 PM
it simple really,

wisconsin didnt have much offense in that game even while starting off of shortfields from michigan constantly putting the ball on the ground. they abandoned the option offense and went back to normal pass plays in the shotgun in the second half. michigan showed they're still very bad against no huddle offense as they couldnt get a stop in the final minutes and had to be bailed out by wisconsin having an ineligable reciever.

same thing against notre dame. they gave the irish short fields and they scored on them. 3 of their 5 TDs were basically giftwrapped. 2 fumbles in the redzone and a recovered fumble run for a TD.

you're not gonna beat anyone if you can hold on to the ball.

Mic Tyson
10-02-2008, 04:38 PM
i dont know how the fuck ohio state didn't move up with all those upsets last week. BCS is fuckin retarded and they do definitely need a playoff

Olive Oil Goombah
10-02-2008, 04:43 PM
Its all BS....they actually did move up to 12 in the coaches poll...

It doesnt matter to me tho...with Pryor and Beanie, this is a totally different offense. People who think those things would not have made a difference against USC don't know college football.

But as much as a love college ball, every year we have to deal with this crap

hectis
10-03-2008, 10:45 AM
there will never be a playoff in college football even if the system does not work. each team who wins a bcs bowl game gets over a million dollars and money talks

Olive Oil Goombah
10-03-2008, 03:48 PM
I bet there would be more money to be made with a playoff system. They could work it out....Its not exactly rocket science here, every other league in sports, college or pros has one.

THE W
10-05-2008, 04:09 PM
USC rolls,

like i said they play in the games that matter. they still have a big test with stanford and then UCLA lol.

Olive Oil Goombah
10-05-2008, 07:35 PM
USC pretty much plays nobody every year and then gets a home game when they get in the Rose Bowl.

I hope people will finally realize if they havent already that this USC team is nowhere near one of the greatest of all time. They aren't even the best USC team ever.

Olive Oil Goombah
10-05-2008, 07:37 PM
BTW Pryor did a nice job leading the team down the field for that last drive. I like how he is looking to pass, but there were so many times when he could have taken off for like 10-20 yard gains.
Tressel will let him kno bout that for sure.

THE W
10-11-2008, 10:40 AM
the texas oklahoma game should be a good one. i gonna have to find it online somewhere as i dont have cable.

i think the sooners are gonna get'em again.

Olive Oil Goombah
10-11-2008, 10:45 AM
that game should be on abc. Right???

You will be able to see Penn State Wisconsin right???

THE W
10-11-2008, 12:57 PM
actually is it on ABC. im watching it now. 14-3 oklahoma

i dont know about penn/wis though.

Visionz
10-11-2008, 03:40 PM
http://www.utlacrosse.com/images/Texas_2653.gif
HOOK 'EM!!!!!!

Visionz
10-11-2008, 05:34 PM
woke up just in time to catch the opening the kickoff to this great game in a long-time rivalry with a lot of up and downs but Texas persevered. Got two top-10 teams to play in the next two weeks so we can't have any let-downs but this clears the way for a shot as national champs, Austin, Texas represent

THE W
10-12-2008, 12:30 AM
LSU got their ass beat. didnt watch it cuz i was at my aunts birthday party with the fam.

11th Chamber
10-12-2008, 01:07 AM
Toledo beat Michigan. At the "big house".

Let is sink in...

AAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHA

pathetic

Olive Oil Goombah
10-12-2008, 09:08 AM
That was hilarious...........Appalachin State and now Toledo.

Next week BUcks vs. Spartans...

THE W
10-12-2008, 03:16 PM
Toledo beat Michigan. At the "big house".

Let is sink in...

AAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHA

pathetic
must be nice. this will be the first time you'll beat up on michigan in a long time. and you wont need a clock operator to help you.

11th Chamber
10-12-2008, 03:43 PM
. and you wont need a clock operator to help you.

yoFZIBY-IVU

lol

ABC video feed with Michigan radio announcers. Hilarious, if you ask me.

I remember 2 days later at school, my science teacher who was a Michigan fan spent the whole class hour crying about it

THE W
10-12-2008, 04:16 PM
yeah, take it however you can get it right?

on the real though this michigan team it H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E. a high school team could beat them. hell, they ARE a high school team.

Olive Oil Goombah
10-12-2008, 08:52 PM
LMAO.......fuck michigan and fuck michigan state. We OWN both of your asses right now not to mention your fucking recruits.

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd269/onemorekid/welcometoJimTresselsMichigan.jpg

Dirty Knowledge
10-13-2008, 03:16 PM
RIP Bowden Bowl. Clemson came in to the season with a tremendous ammount of expectations, but they failed to meet them starting in week 1 when Alabama thumped their ass. The whole ACC is whack this year. Tommy got shafted.

It was another shakeup weekend though, and Texas is now Number 1, but even Mack Brown isn't sure if they deserve the spot. Maybe he just doesn't want it. Now they're the hunted. I see Texas losing it within the next 3 weeks..because their next 3 games; Missouri...Oklahoma State...Texas Tech.

And Toledo better beat Michigan now because in a few years, the Wolverines are going to be dominant again and the Big House will be brought back to its glory. Michigan is big time rebuilding this year.

Olive Oil Goombah
10-13-2008, 05:58 PM
i see Texas losing again. I see Penn State losing.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that USC, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Penn State , take your pick finish with just one loss.

So who gets in if this happens??? Oklahoma would have to win the Big 12 championship against a good team.
I think they should be in cuz the Big 12 is probably the best conference this year.

USC plays nobody, but if Ohio State has only 1 loss, than that helps them.
Penn States only loss would be to Ohio State, so how could you put them in the championship over Ohio State.
Ohio States one loss comes to USC, so you can't put them in over USC.

At the same time, if this happens how do they possiblely decide who gets in??? Its near impossible.

The only guarantee would be Oklahoma...ALTHOUGH, if Oklahoma's loss is to a two loss team and Ohio States, Penn States is to a one loss team....how can you make that arguement.

USC than would seem to be the lock, BUT USC lost to the worst team compared to all of these teams...so does that eliminate them???

I kno its far fetched, but it could happen.....

Strenght of schedule would probably go to Oklahoma and Ohio State seeing that Ohio State would have played both USC and Penn State previously.
But how can you take Ohio State over USC???
Again, how can you take Penn State over Ohio State?
Yet again how can you take USC over Penn State.....USC beat Ohio State and Ohio State beat Penn State, but Oregon State crushed USC and Penn State crushed Oregon State....

My point being...this system is highly flawed and unless its an obvious choice, it is totally Bullshit...

PLAYOFF!!!!!!!!

Visionz
10-14-2008, 10:17 PM
The schedule no doubt is crazy because the whole Big 12 south is sick but I think we've already faced our toughest team in Oklahoma so all we have to do is stay focused and play smart football. Colt's decision making on the field has improved dramatically from this year compared to last and the defensive line and really the D altogether is lookin nasty. Even with Bradford throwing for 5 TD's it wasn't enough to stop getting hooked by those Horns ahaha, we shut the running game down and forced 'em to be one dimensional.

If we make it through this schedule unscathed (and I have faith that we got the players to do it) NoONe, not even those damn BCS computers will be able to deny the greatness. I wanna see us play whoever's champ of the SEC for all the marbles just so everyone else can quit they're yappin and know that who's the best conference got settled on the field.

Hook'em

Olive Oil Goombah
10-15-2008, 08:32 AM
The schedule no doubt is crazy because the whole Big 12 south is sick but I think we've already faced our toughest team in Oklahoma so all we have to do is stay focused and play smart football. Colt's decision making on the field has improved dramatically from this year compared to last and the defensive line and really the D altogether is lookin nasty. Even with Bradford throwing for 5 TD's it wasn't enough to stop getting hooked by those Horns ahaha, we shut the running game down and forced 'em to be one dimensional.

If we make it through this schedule unscathed (and I have faith that we got the players to do it) NoONe, not even those damn BCS computers will be able to deny the greatness. I wanna see us play whoever's champ of the SEC for all the marbles just so everyone else can quit they're yappin and know that who's the best conference got settled on the field.

Hook'em

Big 12 so far has been this years strongest conference.

SEC has been pure hype. Florida, Bama, LSU and Georgia are good...the rest of the conference is absolute garbage. I think all these teams lose again.

11th Chamber
10-18-2008, 09:54 PM
thank god I had to work all day and not watch the piss poor Michigan State performance

Visionz
10-19-2008, 02:24 AM
Texas coming out and showing why they're ranked number one in the land, that game wasn't as close as the 20-some odd point victory would imply.

Olive Oil Goombah
10-19-2008, 04:25 AM
thank god I had to work all day and not watch the piss poor Michigan State performance

Yea, you saved yourself the aggravation cuz it was never close. But you, unlike dirty, are an honorable better.

Texas coming out and showing why they're ranked number one in the land, that game wasn't as close as the 20-some odd point victory would imply.

Texas looked good. Their offense is rock solid.

Visionz
10-20-2008, 12:52 AM
Texas looked good. Their TeaM is rock solid.
fixed. most of missouri's points came against second n' third strings facing their first-teamers

Dirty Knowledge
10-20-2008, 01:05 AM
Aye Nicky...the logo the browns wear on they helmet is in my sig. Stop crying, hoe. I made the bet, I know the rules. Logos. You'd of needed an NY logo if you lost. You won, I put the Brown logo. KEep cryin, it's funny.

And fuck Texas, they haven't lost to Missouri at home since...1897? Texas still has two tough games. Cross them fangaz, Eric Unseen.

FSU is going to run the ACC, and win the ACC Title. We ain't out that Title picture JUST yet...ashaha.

Oh and check this out. Penn State vs Ohio State? Penn State is going to CRUSH O.S. But I hope Fuckeyes win.

I wanna see the Fuckeyes lose 3 Nat'l Titles in a ROW! LOL, has any school as prestigous as Ohio State ever done that? Even lose 2 in a row? LOL. I still remember when the Gators trounched Ohio State after Ginn returned an opening kickoff for SEVEN and broke his leg hahahaha.

41-14 FLORIDA over Ohio State
38-24 LSU over Ohio State

LOL, I wanna see Florida State over Ohio State this year!! It's a long shot I know, but it'll prolly be a Big 12 dominance this year!

Do you really think Ohio State has a shot at the NAt'l Title Nicky? LOL, you're a homer, but prolly, but what puts you over USC lets say if it comes down to you to trying to play against a #1 team for the nat'l Title? USC spanked you guys.

I honestly can't pick the Nat'l Title game now. Texas looked impressive, but you guys still got texas tech and oklahoma state coming up!! Cross THEM fangaz, ERIC!

Hurricanes were down by 10 at point to Duke this week, LOL, pathetic!

LEt's get this fucknig thread stickied already

!!!

Dirty Knowledge
10-20-2008, 01:06 AM
Big comeback by Penn State over Michigan this week too. Saved their fucking season. ALABAMA will be Number One unless they lose, in 3 weeks or sooner I predict.

Visionz
10-20-2008, 01:19 AM
We've already beat the best team on our schedule in Oklahoma so I don't have to cross shit homie. OSU BARELY beat Missouri, we broke a foot off in their ass. Everyone gets it this year, all the team has to do is stay focused and take it one team at a time. When you're burying the game balls of opponents past it tells me everyone's got their head where it needs to be

#1 Horns are there to stay.

Dirty Knowledge
10-20-2008, 01:41 AM
Ahahahahha I doubt it son. But whatever keeps you feeling good throughout the week. NCAA is nuts this season. As been for the past few actually. So we'll see.

Visionz
10-20-2008, 02:04 AM
we got so much depth its not even funny. As you already know, three states put out the most football players in the entire country, Texas, Florida and California. But where do all those recruits end up? We recruit almost exclusively in-state and in the Lone Star state ain't no one fuckin with the job Mack Brown and company do with recruiting. Not A&M, not Texas Tech, not TCU.....etc see cuz after you get past those two who the fuck is there?? Baylor ahahahhahaa, it means almost all the talent (and most of the cream) is going through one location. Muthaphuckin UT of Austin.

Those other two states no doubt got alot of excellent players BUT you got alot of top notch schools (especially Florida) fighting over 'em. It means of those top three states, only one has a school that gets about 90% of the best players onto a single team. Care to guess who??? ahahahahahahaha The Competition is Gonna GET CRUSHED!!!!

http://nwanews.com/blogs/slophouse/files/2008/02/texas-longhorns-logo.gif

Dirty Knowledge
10-20-2008, 03:46 AM
Wishful thinking if ya ask me, especially at this point.

Olive Oil Goombah
10-20-2008, 08:43 AM
Dirty,

Oh how you just hate and hate and hate. Calling me a homer, when you swing from the Giants nutsacks all year.

Oklahoma lost two in a row in this century.
But i'm not worried. Pryor is a fucking stud and I hope we do see USC again cuz at least we will have a decent QB and the best running back in college football actually playing for us.

Florida State?? FLORIDA STATE???!!!!
1st of all...PLAY SOMEBODY!...the ACC is a basketball conference.
I thought you team was Miami??? Do you switch it up every year depending who wins the game between the two?
Just like you do for the Knicks/Heat......

Regardless, Florida state isnt really even relevent anymore. They havent been since Warrick Dunn left.

Anyways, bring on Penn State. They are the same Penn State team that lost to Boeckman at home last year. They are our second rival, our biggest one this year cuz Michigan is a joke, so it will be a great game.

At Ohio State, we reload, we don't rebuild. Pryor is a true freshman and he already gets it.
Javon Ringer and his heisman hopes just died.

ANyways, on to a more credible posteer...

ERic,
Personally, if Texas is going to win it all, their defense needs to play good. I have yet to see a dominant defense in the Big 12, but i suppose Texas' is the closest. They have a tough schedule.

netscape check two
10-20-2008, 05:40 PM
What was this about? lol

The embedding didn't work:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcdWdBgUBqw

Dirty Knowledge
10-20-2008, 08:06 PM
Oklahoma lost two in a row in this century.

But i'm not worried. Pryor is a fucking stud and I hope we do see USC again cuz at least we will have a decent QB and the best running back in college football actually playing for us.

Florida State?? FLORIDA STATE???!!!!
1st of all...PLAY SOMEBODY!...the ACC is a basketball conference.
I thought you team was Miami??? Do you switch it up every year depending who wins the game between the two?
Just like you do for the Knicks/Heat......

Regardless, Florida state isnt really even relevent anymore. They havent been since Warrick Dunn left.

Ohio State play somebody that you can actually beat. Who the fuck ya'll played? A weak ass Michigan State team that Florida Atlantic University held to a good ball game until the 4th quarter. Please son. Michigan SUCKS this year. Don't act like the Big 10 is at it's best right now. MINNESOTA IS RANKEd. LOL. You know the Big 10 is WHACK when Minnesota is ranked and Michigan isn't.

And then play someone who doesn't destroy you in the Nat'l Title.

Anyway, FSU is ranked again if you haven't checked your Top 25 yet. That means if we beat Florida at the end of the year? We may have a shot at doing something, at least getting a bowl game. AND we have a Sophomore 1st Year QB. Maybe you've heard of him. Christian Ponder.

And FSU hasn't been relevant since WARD? Dumb ass, try Chris Weinke. I bet our defense will always be ranked higher than Ohio States though. Even when we ain't "relevant".

And I got love for Miami because I stay in South Florida and I respect their basketball squad. I'll root for Miami versus Virginia Tech but I root for FSU versus Miami. I have two teams, so what? I ride with the Noles though and that's who I want to see win the NAtional Title in the next few years.

Heat/Knicks? I ride with the HEat. I been going to Heat games since the old Miami Arena right there in the hood. I go to more games than your bitch ass watches on TV. Knicks though those my hometown boys, Allan Houston, Latrell Sprewell, Patrick Ewing, Larry Johnson, John Starks, CHARLIE WARD..those was my squads. I been riding with the Heat since like 02' though when they finished 50 games under 500.

And Texas will lose one of their next 2.

Olive Oil Goombah
10-20-2008, 08:11 PM
get tha fuck outta here with your homerism.....

Florida state is irrelevent... the Buckeyes STAY relevent and get the top talent.
We give ourselves a chance EVERY years.

We don't play no one??? Penn State is no. 3, we've played Texas, USC next year again, after that its Oklahoma, Va. Tech and Miami, so get your fake ass pompoms ready for that one..

ya dickridin faggot....with this florida state nonsense...wasnt it an all girls school like ten years ago???
Than they start payin athletes and 80 % dont even graduate...
SHit, they suck but nevermind the fact that they are probably the dirtiest most scandalous program in college football...

Scumbags....your type of company.

Dirty Knowledge
10-20-2008, 08:13 PM
The top talent from where again?

That's right from the MUCK, bitch.

Belle Glade, Florida

And we play the Gators and Canes everyyear..fuck outta here ya damn self, bitch made homo.

Dirty Knowledge
10-20-2008, 08:16 PM
When the fuck did Ohio State play TExas this year, dumbass?

Dirty Knowledge
10-20-2008, 08:17 PM
And LOL @ you saying "weplay Va Tech and Miami next year" hahaha I thought the ACC was a BBALL conference yet you named half of your "tuff games" being two ACC teams who are SHIT this year

Olive Oil Goombah
10-20-2008, 08:17 PM
thats ride punk....Santonio Holmes.....we spread the love...we give Florida kids schollies, Texas kids, Pennsyvania, Cali, Michigan, Illinois.....
But most of the talent in bread in Ohio...you kno...Troy Smith, Ginn, Gonzalez, Hawk, Katzenmoyer, Pace, Clarett, Beanie Wells....

yea you play the Gators and Canes every year and you been gettin blasted every year. Maybe ya better rethink that cuz you had like a 5 year run and thats it....That aint a program...thats a run.
Boise State had one two...

YOu cant win this battle....

Olive Oil Goombah
10-20-2008, 08:19 PM
When the fuck did Ohio State play TExas this year, dumbass?

Did i say that? is that your NY public school education kickin in? We played them in a home an home dickwad....

Michigan is down but thats their problem. Its still the greatest rivalry in college football and two years ago it was no. 1 vs. no. 2.

you right...Miami and Va Tech technically aint even ACC.....thats how weak the conference was when you were 'dominant'...

LMAO @ you.....

you can't win.....

Dirty Knowledge
10-20-2008, 08:25 PM
Did i say that? is that your NY public school education kickin in? We played them in a home an home dickwad....

This is what you said homo.

We don't play no one??? Penn State is no. 3, we've played Texas, USC next year again, after that its Oklahoma, Va. Tech and Miami, so

So what. I take that as you meant "we played them this year" or I guess you mean "we played them before" .....big deal...you dumb as fuck dude....go home....Ohio State will lose a 3rd in a row if their lucky to even make it there. Penn State gonna put it on yall.

netscape check two
10-20-2008, 08:54 PM
Why did that referee knock down that QB in that college football game?

Olive Oil Goombah
10-20-2008, 09:12 PM
This is what you said homo.

We don't play no one??? Penn State is no. 3, we've played Texas, USC next year again, after that its Oklahoma, Va. Tech and Miami, so

So what. I take that as you meant "we played them this year" or I guess you mean "we played them before" .....big deal...you dumb as fuck dude....go home....Ohio State will lose a 3rd in a row if their lucky to even make it there. Penn State gonna put it on yall.

Homer/hater thats what u is......and a whiny one at that....dummy

thatKid
10-21-2008, 12:03 PM
It's all about, The, U. Got the number 1 running back recruit right now. Bryce Brown. And the #1 DT recruit might come to, The, U.

But we need to start Jacory Harris, not Marve. Harris just got that winning attitude and swagger that 'Canes QB needs in my opinion.

And about OSU. Just don't play a power house from the SEC or Big 12 this year in a bowl game. And you guys SHOULD win a bowl game.

Olive Oil Goombah
10-21-2008, 05:48 PM
The U huh?

Whatever happened to them?
DId you guys go into hiding after that NC loss.

Have you even made a bowl game since? Its tough tho when half of your recruits get shot or arrested 11 times before they get a chance to play.

thatKid
10-24-2008, 11:40 AM
OSU better be prepared to lose in their place tomorrow. PSU is going to win that shit. I put my mystical wisdom on that.

And, The, U. We'll prolly beat Wake Forest. Close. But win.

Olive Oil Goombah
10-24-2008, 12:25 PM
OSU better be prepared to lose in their place tomorrow. PSU is going to win that shit. I put my mystical wisdom on that.

And, The, U. We'll prolly beat Wake Forest. Close. But win.

hahaha ur mystical wisdom didnt tell you that they are 0-7 at the Shoe and fail to even average 10 points.
They have a good team, but we have beaten that team the last 2 years. We have superior talent.
Its an opportunity for them to knock us off the top. I dont see it happening tho. We have too many weapons.
It will be a tough football game tho.
But Penn State really hasn't played anyone with this kind of talent yet.

We will see if they are pretenders or not. AND how many people such as yourself jump off the bandwagon

Ohio State 24-14.

thatKid
10-24-2008, 01:45 PM
Psu - 31
Osu - 24

Olive Oil Goombah
10-24-2008, 03:05 PM
care to wager? i win you rock an Ohio State sig.

I lose, i rock whatever sig of your choice....sports related of course

Mic Tyson
10-24-2008, 03:11 PM
fuck penn state. they done.

netscape check two
10-25-2008, 03:20 PM
Watch out for undefeated Boise St. And also Ball St.

thatKid
10-25-2008, 08:19 PM
Oh yeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaa. My team won today

11th Chamber
10-25-2008, 10:44 PM
What a great fucking day.

MSU beat Michigan.

YES.

Nothin better than seeing 100,000 pissed off, complaining, whining, U of M fans go home to cry in their pillows

THE W
10-25-2008, 11:10 PM
What a great fucking day.

MSU beat Michigan.

YES.

Nothin better than seeing 100,000 pissed off, complaining, whining, U of M fans go home to cry in their pillows
congratulations for successfully taking candy from a baby.

your welcome.

in other news, OSU yet again goes down to another quality opponent. at least they didnt get blown out.

11th Chamber
10-25-2008, 11:25 PM
Regardless of how bad Michigan is, it doesnt dampin the win. Even the ref's tryed to help you guys with that one touchdown

I feel bad for you that Threet is yer QB. Immediatly after he snaps the ball his eyes are glued to the reciever he wants, thats just a recipe for disaster

Rough last 2 quarters for Pryor tonite. Stupid fumble, pick into triple coverage, scrambling for the first down where the was no way he could get it. Penn States defense is somthin serious. They should easily win out the rest of the games

Olive Oil Goombah
10-25-2008, 11:55 PM
ugh i cant believe Pryor fumbled. All he has to do is fall forward and we probably win.

Im rooting for Penn state tho. I love Joe Paterno.

Penn States got a defense for sure...im still not sold on there offense tho. I dont think Clark is all that and neither is Royster.

thatKid
10-26-2008, 08:00 PM
Man. OSU's offense is pretty garbage

Olive Oil Goombah
10-26-2008, 08:36 PM
THe problem with the offense is that the offensive line is not very good. The juniors and seniors all pretty much suck.

There are 3 true freshman that are good, one of them starts at Center and they will probably all play next year.
plus their best linemen, Justin Boren, transferred from Michigan this year and can't play cuz he has to sit a year.

But thats why the offense is so brutal right now. the left end for PennState was beating Browning the right tackle and pretty much every play

Dirty Knowledge
10-26-2008, 09:24 PM
12. Ohio State (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=194) 7-2
13. TCU (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=2628) 8-1
14. Missouri (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=142) 6-2
15. Florida State (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=52) 6-1

Creepin On Ah COME UP

Visionz
10-27-2008, 12:21 AM
TEXAS #1, We Reign SUPREME!!!! :lmao: ain't no luck needed Dirty just like I told you Tech is getting their ass handed to 'em next week. They don't have OSU's running attack, just the WR's, the DL is gonna have a feast.

Dirty Knowledge
10-27-2008, 01:15 AM
Texas sucks dick and won't do shit without that dumb depressed mf'er at QB.

Olive Oil Goombah
10-27-2008, 02:36 PM
Best teams i've seen thus far.

Texas, Oklahoma, Alabama, Florida.

I dont kno that Texas and Oklahoma play the type of defense needed to win it all tho.
Alabama and Florida are pretty balanced teams.

Penn States defense is rugged but offensively I don't see how they are going to score on teams with very good defenses.

USC hasn't really lived up to their billing in my opinion and they play in a weak ass conference that is really down this year.

The only team i see going undefeated is Penn State because they have already played their toughest games.

It would be interesting to see who gets in if we have one loss teams that include Texas, USC and Florida/another SEC team.
WHo do you give the nod to???

Its going to be another year of this bullshit....unless Texas can stay undefeated

Visionz
10-27-2008, 07:47 PM
Tech's not going to beat Texas. Ol' Dirty can talk all the shit he wants but we all know in college ball the W is all that counts. We might not have superior D on a national scale but its plenty for the Big 12. We've already beat the number 1 ranked team, the number 3 ranked team, and now the number 6 ranked when we played them. It don't matter what they're ranked. If you play Texas you're taking the L. OU, OSU both gave up good fights but those Longhorns make the plays when they need to. And that includes the D, lead by ol' boy Orakpo who is a fuckin monster!!! No one's beating us this year.

11th Chamber
10-27-2008, 07:48 PM
Regardless of how confident you obviously are, you CANNOT doubt Tech's offense. They would have scored 80 had the first team not been pulled in the 4th

Texas WILL recieve a loss if they dont come into this game ready

Visionz
10-27-2008, 08:15 PM
Tech's completely pass-first though and haven't seen a rush like the one we'll put on them. I know they can run up the clock against teams without the D to get to the QB but that's not an issue with us. I know the entire team of Texas is gonna be ready. The close game with OSU guarantees it.

Olive Oil Goombah
10-27-2008, 08:31 PM
We will see if Texas' Defense is good based on if they can stop Texas Tech. Cuz Tech is traditionally stoppable if you have a good defense.

Dirty Knowledge
10-27-2008, 10:50 PM
Aye Unseen I'll give your College Squad props if they get this win. I been said that this trio of games they are currently in (2-0 thru the first 2) would be their hardest test. I dunno who ya'll face after Tech..but these should be your final big tests.

Pass the final one, I will show respect and prop up the 'Horns. But I would still doubt them if they were to face a good team in the Title Game. They could proll beat PSU...but if they were to face Florida..fuck that..it's a wrap.

Dirty Knowledge
10-27-2008, 10:51 PM
Texas has been OWNING Tech. Kinda like Penn State OWNS Ohio State right now. Kinda like how the Seminoles will OWN Gainesville at the end of the regular season. I SEE THE UPSET COMING...THIS COULD BE THE WEEK...LONGHORNS FALL...BCS IS SHOOK UP ONCE AGAIN

Olive Oil Goombah
10-28-2008, 05:00 PM
Kinda like Penn State OWNS Ohio State right now.

We beat them the previous two years.

Visionz
10-30-2008, 10:04 PM
Aye Unseen I'll give your College Squad props if they get this win. I been said that this trio of games they are currently in (2-0 thru the first 2) would be their hardest test. I dunno who ya'll face after Tech..but these should be your final big tests.

Pass the final one, I will show respect and prop up the 'Horns. But I would still doubt them if they were to face a good team in the Title Game. They could proll beat PSU...but if they were to face Florida..fuck that..it's a wrap.after this its Kansas and A&M, not sure about the order, there's no upset happening this weekend :nonono: Tech's been running the same system and we shut it down every time. Orakpo is gonna make just about everything they try on offense irrelevant, the O-line is gonna have fits the entire game. I think it's got the making of the most lop-sided of their 4game stretch against top 10 ranked opponents(well 2nd, Missouri got demolished) so yeah, I'm saying something like a 45-24 type game. Hook'EM

thatKid
10-31-2008, 10:18 AM
Any 'Canes, fans see a close game for us versus the cavaliers? I mean they did blow us out last year. But we did only have crappy duo of wright and freeman at qb...

oh yea... texas - 38 ish... texas tech - 28 ish

no upset alert for me

Olive Oil Goombah
10-31-2008, 11:39 AM
I dunno....if Crabtree goes off and they can't stop him, it could come down to who turns the ball over more.
Nobody in the Big 12 has really been playin any defense this year. I mean every game is in the 40's and shit so anytime you have a situation like that, its all about who turns the ball over or who gets that 1 stop.

Visionz
11-01-2008, 06:39 PM
Less than one hour to go and we'll all find out what's what. Hook'em

on a side note, Georgia got blown the fuck out by Florida and Florida St got beat by Georgia Tech. ACC's football is pretty sad, Miami and FSU are your powerhouses there and they're having mediocre seasons. Florida is the cream of the SEC, I think they take Alabama in their title game. I'd really like to see that game, Texas vs Florida, that's the two top conferences in college ball going at it. For anyone who thinks the SEC or Big 12 is overated, tell me what conference you'd put ahead of them. PAC 10, Big Ten 10, etc I don't see one out there that's got better teams from the top to the bottom. Texas will become the first team in 65 years to beat 4 top 12 ranked opponents in a row. Pretty amazing feat (even if Missouri and their squeaker over Baylor is leaving them look really over-rated) The other 3 (OU, OSU, and TT) are for real squads and worthy of the rankings.

Visionz
11-01-2008, 07:20 PM
The D Line already showing exactly what I'm talking about

Olive Oil Goombah
11-01-2008, 08:05 PM
TExas Defense has been suspect all year....

Florida looks good.

SEC is overrated because they hype them up too much. Really Georgia was overhyped and so was LSU.
So far what i've seen, I think the Big 12 has the most quality teams.
The Pac 10 is an absolute joke. USC is kind of a fraud in my opinion. They play nobody all year, are pretty much guaranteed a conference win, and get to play at the Rose Bowl which is basically a home game.
Im not sayin they arent a great program, i just think that you can't count thos two huge factors out.

I think Penn State is a virtual lock for the NC game. I'm pulling for them and Joe Pa. If i wasnt a Buckeyes fan id probly be a nittany lions fan.

I kinda want Texas to lose cuz i want the BCS to be exposed again for the fraud that it is cuz how do you really say who gets in if you have 1 loss Florida, Texas/Okla., USC etc.

netscape check two
11-01-2008, 08:13 PM
Texas is getting their asses kicked so far. lol Looks like there will be a new number one after tonight if things continue.

Olive Oil Goombah
11-01-2008, 08:31 PM
they are dominating on offense right now.

11th Chamber
11-01-2008, 08:58 PM
yea...so...about those Longhorns....

Texas is getting their asses kicked so far. lol Looks like there will be a new number one after tonight if things continue.

Alabama

Olive Oil Goombah
11-01-2008, 10:08 PM
Why not Texas Tech???

Storm
11-01-2008, 10:12 PM
Wooow, did not see this happening. I still don't think Texas can win this.

Olive Oil Goombah
11-01-2008, 10:13 PM
still lots o time left tho

THE W
11-01-2008, 10:58 PM
it lived up to the hype...what a game.

out with texas, in with PSU at #2.

tech should move up to #3. doubt it though.

Visionz
11-01-2008, 11:22 PM
Hot Damn, we came out too fuckin flat in the first half. Still one dropped ball away from coming out of there with the win. But congrats to Tech, those dudes came out to play and that team is alot better than any I've seen 'em put on the field in years past. Let's see if they can do what we've already done with wins over OU and OSU. We'll be back next week and still have a shot at being Big 12 champs. Tough loss but I'm glad we aleast showed up in the second half, made for a great game win or lose.

Visionz
11-02-2008, 12:40 AM
Can someone tell me why Alabama is playing an out-of-conference game this late in the season? don't seem to make much sense

11th Chamber
11-02-2008, 02:48 AM
Why not Texas Tech???

it lived up to the hype...what a game.

out with texas, in with PSU at #2.

tech should move up to #3. doubt it though.

Not that Alabamas shut-out win over Ark St. was as impressive as say beating Texas, you cant have someone going over them when they didnt lose or play bad. Same for Penn St.

1. Alabama
2. Penn St
3. Texas Tech

Atleast I think thats how it goes. But yea you cant put Tech ahead of Bama or Penn St. cause they need to move up if #1 lost.

Can someone tell me why Alabama is playing an out-of-conference game this late in the season? don't seem to make much sense

Idk

Florida and a few other big name teams do that all the time. No idea...

Dirty Knowledge
11-02-2008, 02:49 AM
Any 'Canes, fans see a close game for us versus the cavaliers? I mean they did blow us out last year. But we did only have crappy duo of wright and freeman at qb...

oh yea... texas - 38 ish... texas tech - 28 ish

no upset alert for me

And they'll blew ya'll out in the final game at the O.B.

I've been watching a lot of FSU football over the years and I have to say that was one of the worst losses I think I ever seen. Shame on Bobby to let the 3rd best running back on the team try to take the football in. I thought a Nole actually landed on the fumble in the endzone for a second. Still have a shot at the ACC Title, without a doubt. And I'm still looking forward to the Gators coming to Tallahasee at the end of the year.

And I told ya'll Tech would beat Texas. Texas was bound to lose on of these last three games. Winning the first two and having to play at Tech was too much for them.

Alabama should be Number 1 now. And NickyTouch...you just don't jump from 8 to 1, lol. Especially with Alabama having been 2 for a minute now.

Dirty Knowledge
11-02-2008, 02:53 AM
Idk

Florida and a few other big name teams do that all the time. No idea...

Yeah, the Gators got The Citadel coming up in a few weeks...a lot of teams actually do this. It's not really THAT strange to see big schools playing non-conf. games this late. Alabama prolly put them there because they didn't think they'd have an honest shot at #1..so they figured that game would be a sure-win if they still had Division Title hopes with a loss or 2. I'm sure Alabama is just as surprised as we are that they're #1..and top doggs in the SEC.

Florida has no excuse though to be playing The Citadel this late. They're a powerhouse right now. But then again...the SEC I guess does deserves a weak team later in the season. It's the toughest and has been the toughest conf. for a while now.

Visionz
11-02-2008, 02:56 AM
Texas leap-frogged from 5 to 1 when we beat OU so I don't think its out of the question that Tech jump ahead of atleast one of the other unbeaten teams. And you gotta give 'em the Number 1 spot I think if they do win out cuz they gotta play just as hard a schedule as Texas does. They still gotta play OSU and OU. Texas better not fall too far back in the polls. It'll be bullshit if we somehow fall behind Oklahoma just cause we took longer to lose a game.

Visionz
11-02-2008, 03:00 AM
Yeah, the Gators got The Citadel coming up in a few weeks...a lot of teams actually do this. It's not really THAT strange to see big schools playing non-conf. games this late. Alabama prolly put them there because they didn't think they'd have an honest shot at #1..so they figured that game would be a sure-win if they still had Division Title hopes with a loss or 2. I'm sure Alabama is just as surprised as we are that they're #1..and top doggs in the SEC.

Florida has no excuse though to be playing The Citadel this late. They're a powerhouse right now. But then again...the SEC I guess does deserves a weak team later in the season. It's the toughest and has been the toughest conf. for a while now.To me that's fuckin wack. We could've scheduled in North Texas State or some shit and basically just sit atop number 1 ranking if Mack doesn't wanna travel to Lubbock for a dangerous game this late in the season. Once conference play starts it shouldn't stop till the bowl games.

11th Chamber
11-02-2008, 03:12 AM

Florida has no excuse though to be playing The Citadel this late. They're a powerhouse right now. But then again...the SEC I guess does deserves a weak team later in the season. It's the toughest and has been the toughest conf. for a while now.

Yea thats just stupid.

In the Big 10, you get alot of the easy schools out of the way early, than play strictly conference games the rest of the year

More conferences need to follow suit

Olive Oil Goombah
11-02-2008, 09:11 AM
I told you all the the SEC is full of shit. They are good but totally have been overhyped the past two years.
They never go up north or out west to play OOC games.

ANyways, teams have been leaping over eachother all year cuz they beat the no. 1 team, so why not Tech? They are undefeated. Teams have been punished this year for shitty wins over crap opponents so why should it change for Alabama or Penn State?

The ranking system is retarded anyway. There is no way to say which undefeated team is better.
USC should not be ranked as high as they are. They are like the new Notre Dame, always getting the benefit of the doubt.

THE W
11-02-2008, 02:59 PM
USC has not only beaten but demolished every big non conference foe they've played with the exception of those VY longhorns. unlike notre dame they've earned the benefit of the doubt.

the AP poll has tech at 2. wouldnt put them up that high with PSU beating OSU on the road.

texas should drop to 4. oklahoma cant be over them cuz they beat them, florida lost to ole miss and USC lost to oregon state.

Olive Oil Goombah
11-02-2008, 03:53 PM
USC has played NOBODY. the pac 10 is an absolute JOKE this year. They lost to a highly inferior team and got dominated by them. They should not be ranked ahead of Oklahoma, Texas or Florida. They shouldnt even be ranked ahead of Oklahoma State.

USC gets by on reputation. Beating 0 for everygame they have played washington and washington state means nothing.

Im not hating, i just think they get WAAAAAY to much love. The Big Ten is down this year and its still far superior up and down to the Pac 10 and if Penn State lost to Ohio State, Penn state would be below USC. WHy?

Cuz its that whole Notre dame syndrome thing.

THE W
11-02-2008, 04:56 PM
they only lost that game by 6 points. so ohio state is nobody eh? surprised you would say that. yes, the pac 1+0 is indeed a joke. nonetheless they go outside their conference and kick ass.

im not saying they should be up there. im not ignoring them losing to oregon state. they should be #8

Come Honor Face
11-02-2008, 05:05 PM
No team with a loss to Oregon State should be in top 5.

Olive Oil Goombah
11-02-2008, 05:39 PM
Who does USC go and beat out of conference??

Ohio state is there only quality win. Everyone else has been an absolute joke. They should be penalized for playing a crap scheduel just like the inferior shittier conferences are penalized with no automatic bids.

ANd dont get me started on playing home games at the Rose bowl. That aint no neutral site. The deck is totally stacked in their favor.

I love college football, but it is without a doubt the most unfair, unlevel sport going right now. Even more so than baseball.

THE W
11-02-2008, 06:32 PM
yeah well if they play such a week schedule good teams should able to kick their ass, yet they get their asses kicked.

OSU, iowa, nebraska, oklahoma, michigan(twice and when they were highly ranked and very good). all blowouts. and their biggest blowouts were in the orange bowl.

point is, despite playing in a week conference, as long as they continue to destroy quality teams out of conference they will continue to get the benefit of the doubt and they'll deserve it.

still, even if they win out, losing to oregon state is unforgivable.

Olive Oil Goombah
11-02-2008, 07:51 PM
two of those wins were for the National championship.

The one against michigan again was a home game in the Rose bowl.

You could name off alot of teams that have quality wins against top opponents. As bad as Ohio State has been the past 3 years against them....we still have plenty of wins over Michigan, Iowa (yearly), Penn State, Texas, Miami, Notre Dame w/Brady Quinn in bowl game.
Nebraska??? They haven't been good since Osbourne left.

The thing im saying is that EVERY year we play top competition just cuz of our conference.
They dont. They get a red carpet to the Rose Bowl and then they get to play a home game.
Its and OBVIOUS advantage, and its why I wont drink the Kool aid on USC this year.
Look when they had Bush, Leinart, White and all them, yea they were great.

But not this year. They dont get a free pass.

Just saw the BCS standings.

How does Tech leapfrog Penn State and not Alabama. I dont understand that. If they jump that high they should be no. 1.
retarded college football yearly mess.

THE W
11-02-2008, 10:28 PM
if they win their next two games they'll be #1. if they dont, well....

top competition in the big ten?? are you kidding? michigan and OSU are the only 2 teams that are good each year.

the pac 10 has one good team every year while the big 10 has 2 and USC has kicked both their asses. big 10 football aint that much better.

netscape check two
11-03-2008, 03:31 AM
Michigan sucks.

thatKid
11-03-2008, 09:52 PM
Man... I can see the 'Canes going to a bowl game this year going 8-4 or 9-3. Running the table or losing 1 more...

Michigan sucks. Big Ten has regressed to ACC-like play this year. Pac 10 is weak, accept for Southern Cal. Its all about the Big 12 and SEC this year.

Olive Oil Goombah
11-03-2008, 09:57 PM
if they win their next two games they'll be #1. if they dont, well....

top competition in the big ten?? are you kidding? michigan and OSU are the only 2 teams that are good each year.

the pac 10 has one good team every year while the big 10 has 2 and USC has kicked both their asses. big 10 football aint that much better.

are YOU kidding. Wisconsin is a solid program. Illinois has been good, Iowa has had its years. Michigan State is solid this year

I mean UM, OSU and PSU are teh top three every year, than you got the second level like MSU, Wisky, ILL, IOWA.

Im not saying USC aint good, but there conference is far inferior to the SEC, Big 12 and Big 10.

Conference strength goes in cycles. This year, the Big 12 is the toughest, a year ago it was the SEC, the year before it was the Big 10.

Last year, the Pac 10 had Oregon, but still. Aside from USC, none of those schools are big time programs.
Closest they come is UCLA.

Visionz
11-03-2008, 10:01 PM
The BCS got it right with Texas being the highest-ranked one-loss team. Tech is gonna loose one of the games between either OSU or OU but if they don't they do deserve to be ranked #1 in the land.

netscape check two
11-03-2008, 10:07 PM
Where's the love for other undefeated teams like number 9 Boise St? Number 10 Utah? And number 16 Ball St.?

Visionz
11-03-2008, 10:33 PM
Where's the love for other undefeated teams like number 9 Boise St? Number 10 Utah? And number 16 Ball St.?strength of schedule means a lot. Who have those guys beat that's worth a shit?

Olive Oil Goombah
11-03-2008, 10:45 PM
Right...but than again, Boise state pulled off the upset, even tho Hawaii got crushed by Georgia (maybe thats why they were hyped so much this year)..

Either way, nothing is really decided in college