PDA

View Full Version : I was on Acid the other day.

Big Risk
02-27-2007, 11:01 AM
And I started to think about the part in the MAtrix where they were watching Neo and Morphis fightin Kung fu. The screen they were watching it on had the green numbers replacing the people and surroundings. So it was basically looking at it in number patterns. I started to think, what makes our brains see things as it is. Why is the white house white, instead of green? Why do buildings look the way they do? Do you think its possible to alter the brains way of telling you what things look like? Such as getting into a fatal car accident and suffering from major brain damage. Could you see a town upside down? Could you see through walls? Could you see the elements flying through the air? Or could you break the world down into numbers?

This shit has been bothering me since i tripped three days ago. Tell me if you follow at all or have and links to info regarding this.

WARPATH
02-27-2007, 11:16 AM
You wasted your trip watching Matrix!?

What your referring to is preception. People that are Color blind have a different prectption of the world, for example, because they only see certain colors, or shades of light and dark.

As far as your questions go, in theory, all those things are possible. It just has to do with how your bod interprets signals.

Big Risk
02-27-2007, 11:26 AM
Nah I didnt watch Matrix, I was just thinking about that scene for a little bit. I thought alot of shit i cant even put into words. but that was only like 15 minutes of the 12 hours of love.

the silencer
02-27-2007, 12:28 PM
And I started to think about the part in the MAtrix where they were watching Neo and Morphis fightin Kung fu. The screen they were watching it on had the green numbers replacing the people and surroundings. So it was basically looking at it in number patterns. I started to think, what makes our brains see things as it is. Why is the white house white, instead of green? Why do buildings look the way they do? Do you think its possible to alter the brains way of telling you what things look like? Such as getting into a fatal car accident and suffering from major brain damage. Could you see a town upside down? Could you see through walls? Could you see the elements flying through the air? Or could you break the world down into numbers?

the reason we see things in the color that we see them is cuz visual white light reflects off of things that way..colors kind of dull the appearance of light...

its definitely possible to get fucked up to the point where u see everything upside down because our eyes actually see everything upside down...but our brains correct it...i saw a thing on TV the other day where a doctor had a cow's eye and he cut out the retina and put it on top of a picture..and the picture appeared upside down...

as for the other stuff...dono if thats possible to perceive the world like that...Matrix had SO MANY metaphors and so much deep shit in it....if u study physics, you'll see that in the world of subatomic particles there really is no solid, immovable structure...EVERYTHING is constantly moving in the particle world...and everything in our macroscopic world is made out of particles, so that shit in the movie where everything in the Matrix is just those green codes flowing around is kinda symbolic....

that movie is incredibly deep

Jet Set
03-01-2007, 02:43 PM
Realize than gamma rays can travel through alot of materials.

Realize that the human being is one of teh most gifted species on earth with the ability to see colours, yet we don't see warmth. Trying to refer to both sides of the spectrum we don't see on the sub sonic level of infra red and ultra violet.

Dia projectors are based upon the human principle of the, thus we have to place the slides upside down.

Another thesis of mine is: What if someone's colour recepters were swapped. For example, blue is green, green is red, and red is blue. How possible is this to test?

Civilison
03-01-2007, 11:13 PM

This shit has been bothering me since i tripped three days ago. Tell me if you follow at all or have and links to info regarding this.

or maybe what it is is that your mind/body/soul is growing in its evolutionary process on earth and therefore your mind raises questions and mental processes that make you question reality on a level that's deeper what you physically see. induced by the lsd you were taken into a different chamber of your brain/mind where you were led to thinking beyond boundaries of 'rational thinking'. yet, the answers to your mental puzzles that might seem out of the normal will give you personal satisfaction and growth of higher mental processes.

Big Risk
03-02-2007, 02:37 AM
LSD makes me think about some shit that bothers me if i dont figure it out man.

Civilison
03-03-2007, 01:10 PM
i know what u mean.

be careful tho... u don't want the lsd to stimulate too much in your mind.

i guess lsd can be just as good as bad.