View Full Version : Jay Love Japan

EAGLE EYE
02-28-2007, 06:55 PM
Ive got the advance copy as of tonight, but I got two questions:

1.) Has it been officially released?
2.) If you own it, how good is it?

oDoUoSoKo
02-28-2007, 08:05 PM
hows the advance? (is it a rap album or inst.)

EAGLE EYE
02-28-2007, 08:12 PM
Its rap. I wasnt too too impressed, but advanced copies arent usually the finished product.

I do like Donuts, that album grew on me. I listen to it when I fall to sleep.

oDoUoSoKo
02-28-2007, 08:18 PM
hows it compare to the shining?

EAGLE EYE
02-28-2007, 08:43 PM
The shining is A LOT better, lyrically and production wise.

Blastah
02-28-2007, 08:53 PM
This album has not been officially released yet. I have the advance as well and it does have some raps mixed with instumentals, but the original plans for the official Jay Love Japan album was instrumentals only. So we're left to suppose that this isn't the album at all...

...altough I LOVE 4 tracks there: Can't You See (ILL beat), Sun In My Face, Red Light, and Fantasy. All those have premium beats.

No release date yet but I hope it comes out soon altough its official release has not been confirmed yet...

And another ill album is Ruff Draft ;)

EAGLE EYE
02-28-2007, 08:55 PM
Yea I got Ruff Draft, thats pretty good too

chiba
02-28-2007, 10:13 PM
This album has not been officially released yet. I have the advance as well and it does have some raps mixed with instumentals, but the original plans for the official Jay Love Japan album was instrumentals only. So we're left to suppose that this isn't the album at all...

...altough I LOVE 4 tracks there: Can't You See (ILL beat), Sun In My Face, Red Light, and Fantasy. All those have premium beats.

No release date yet but I hope it comes out soon altough its official release has not been confirmed yet...

And another ill album is Ruff Draft ;)

shiet i just saw it in a record store here in japan
no joke

gotta sample it
ill egt back wit yall

UNCLE RUCKUS
03-01-2007, 11:54 AM
how does Ruff Draft compare to Donuts or Welcome 2 Detroit?

DJMethods
03-01-2007, 12:18 PM
My favourite Dilla album was an instrumental album.. I usually hate that shit, but he puts more emotion into his beats then most emcees put into their lyrics.

People gotta learn the story behind that album too.. it's like his final thoughts put into music, shit is dope as fuck.