PDA

View Full Version : Who else ain't feelin Fishscale?

DJMethods
03-01-2007, 10:11 AM
I'll get bagged to fuck over this by ignorants who read the title and not the post, oh well.

I'm not baggin Ghost, respect the guy immensly, but I just ain't feeling him anymore. I don't know what it is, I never REALLY liked him, like I admit he's good, but the whole G.O.A.T stuff is way off.

Now on Fishscale he's got this whiny voice going on, sounds like he's gonna burst into tears. How can one of the Clan's original members (Who apprently brought others in) do such a turn around? I don't mind people evolving styles, but just don't think this ones workin.

Never really felt Supreme Clientelle though, LOVED some tracks, but as an album I rate Liquid Swords and OB4CL waaaaaaaaaaay better.

Cue "You dont know hip-hop" "fuckin faggot fuck cunt shit cracker dickhead european" blah blah shit.

Alcryt
03-01-2007, 10:16 AM
idiot how can u not feel fishscale your banned from hip hop:thumbdwn:

Na just kiddin.... i aint feelin quite alot of the tracks that others are, but thats just done to production.
Jellyfish,Clipse of Doom and Underwater though thats alright.

I just find those beats boring, i dont know what it is i tried but i cant get into them. Rest of the album is good imo

sonny getz
03-01-2007, 10:18 AM
ghost is just experimenting like he always does, switching up his style and shit. i respect your opinion, but i gotta disagree about his style not working cause i thought fishscale was the best album of 2006 and the best wu solo joint in a while.

DJMethods
03-01-2007, 10:21 AM
Yeah good call (Alcryt).. reckon its production too.

First time I put on Liquid Swords I sat through the whole thing.. years and years later, I still do the same pretty much daily. Same with OB4CL, and 36 chambers, and other non-Wu albums (Black Star, Illadelph halflife). First time i heard this, I'm skippin tracks like mad.. cant reflect well on Ghost

Olive Oil Goombah
03-01-2007, 11:11 AM
Fishscale was just OK and I love ghost, he is by far my top rapper. I thought More Fish was a better, rawer album. Alot of songs off fishscale i dont listen to alot....

InvincibleArmor79
03-01-2007, 11:23 AM
i liked fishscale far more than more fish...

WuGambino
03-01-2007, 11:28 AM
I thought Fishscale was much better than More Fish, but I didn't think Fishscake was that great.
IMO it was better than any other Wu releases last year but I was only REALLY feeling about half of the album. Some of the songs are just incredible whilst others don't really do much for me at all.

GENERAL WISE
03-02-2007, 05:41 PM
IDK MAN, FISHSCALE IS NOT A TYPICAL WU-TANG ALBUM. BUT IT SURE AS HELL IS A 9/10 IMO.

2L8Lit da croatianMC
03-02-2007, 07:06 PM
I'll get bagged to fuck over this by ignorants who read the title and not the post, oh well.

I'm not baggin Ghost, respect the guy immensly, but I just ain't feeling him anymore. I don't know what it is, I never REALLY liked him, like I admit he's good, but the whole G.O.A.T stuff is way off.

Now on Fishscale he's got this whiny voice going on, sounds like he's gonna burst into tears. How can one of the Clan's original members (Who apprently brought others in) do such a turn around? I don't mind people evolving styles, but just don't think this ones workin.

Never really felt Supreme Clientelle though, LOVED some tracks, but as an album I rate Liquid Swords and OB4CL waaaaaaaaaaay better.

Cue "You dont know hip-hop" "fuckin faggot fuck cunt shit cracker dickhead european" blah blah shit.

Hey stupid,
Ghost always had the same style fool! You sayin he gonna burst to tearz, u should listen to I Cant Go To Sleep, that's he's style dumbass fool!If you hear his verses on perhaps "Ghost Is Back" then u must feel him if u did ever before so dont fuck around! The only turn around here is that yo sorry ass can't feel that shit (no more) and hating him and yo shut da fuck up, u make no sense...

2L8Lit da croatianMC
03-02-2007, 07:10 PM
IDK MAN, FISHSCALE IS NOT A TYPICAL WU-TANG ALBUM. BUT IT SURE AS HELL IS A 9/10 IMO.

And you madafaka, stop using this huge size, cuz it aint normal, yo ass should get banned for fuckin threads up, visualy...
U 2 scared that someone dont recognise every single post ya made...
that's pure stupidity...

DJMethods
03-03-2007, 09:17 AM
Hey stupid,
Ghost always had the same style fool! You sayin he gonna burst to tearz, u should listen to I Cant Go To Sleep, that's he's style dumbass fool!If you hear his verses on perhaps "Ghost Is Back" then u must feel him if u did ever before so dont fuck around! The only turn around here is that yo sorry ass can't feel that shit (no more) and hating him and yo shut da fuck up, u make no sense...

did daddy crack the skull when pounding you in the mouth, or were you born retarded?

Ghost aint always had this style.. check 36 Chambers, mate, he is mad on that.

BTW, reckon RZA owns Can't go To Sleep. Does the emotional emceeing shit better then Ghost.

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
03-03-2007, 02:55 PM
ghost is a fucking genius

RAMESH
03-03-2007, 03:31 PM

eric this big ass red writing of yours is a waste of space

Mista JpKoff
03-03-2007, 03:36 PM
i can see that this "whiny voice" can get on ones nerves on the length of an entire album... Ghost should try and vary his voice inflexions. Other than that one cant deny he makes quality music

RAMESH
03-03-2007, 03:39 PM
fishscale was alright but not on the same level as more fish

Mista JpKoff
03-03-2007, 03:40 PM
and oh yeah i choose fishscale over more fish, sounds more like an actual album

RAMESH
03-03-2007, 03:42 PM
that's just the thing i like it rough

Olive Oil Goombah
03-04-2007, 12:00 AM
That Blue Armor song blows anything away from fishscale, and i love me some shakey dog, but blue armor is raw as fuck!

Lajm
03-04-2007, 05:05 AM
I have mixed feelings about the album, mostly due to production though.

TAURO
03-04-2007, 07:09 AM
I honestly stopped playing fishscale, it's just so forgetable. There's a couple of good joints on there but as a whole it's just average.

Ya_Bane
03-04-2007, 07:45 AM
I think Fishscale was the worst Wu-album of 2006, I really can't understand how mags and hip-hop-sites names it one of the best albums of the year.. Or maybe that's just it, cuz the press don't usually like the same music as I do...

To me Fishscale doesn't tounch More Fish by the ankles. All MF's tracks besides two owns every track on FS except one.

Only classic track on FS: RAGU
Only wack tracks on MF: Good, Ghost is Back

LORD ZERO
03-04-2007, 11:44 AM
i like fishscale alot but i think the production coulda been a lil better, shoulda been wu produced if ya ask me

MAYOR QUIMBY
03-04-2007, 07:17 PM
Fishcale and Supreme Clientele fuckin rule. My eardrums bust a nut every time i bump those albums. You're missing out on a lot, feel sorry for ya buddy,,,

2L8Lit da croatianMC
03-04-2007, 07:44 PM
eric this big ass red writing of yours is a waste of space

Word!

2L8Lit da croatianMC
03-04-2007, 07:46 PM
Only wack tracks on MF: Good, Ghost is Back

Yo, i can't understand how can u NOT like Ghost Is Back?Is it cuz it's Rakim n' Eric B beat or what?

MX1
03-04-2007, 07:53 PM
more fish and fishscale to me were like 5.5/10...they had some good shit on them, but the rest wasnt all to great

ghost's voice is nothin more but him fucking around wit different styles, that whiny shit he's doing is just somethin hes tryin, and its ight with me, it hardly gets on my nerves but i see how it can shit on a track for sum

yeah ghost wasnt always whiny, like on ironman, which to me, is ghost's best album

peace and 1luv

Paranoid
04-25-2007, 06:32 PM
fishscale is a good cd ok god damnit.

no its not a classic, but its fucking good.

in my opinion its clearly obvious that RAGU, kilo, shakey dog, 9 milli bros, the champ, beauty jackson, whip you with a strap, be easy, clipse of doom, underwater, and dogs of war ARE ALL FUCKING GOOD SONGS. Are you fucking deaf? Yes, ghost sounds alot different and his delivery/lyrics are weaker then his previous albums, but he aint that bad. i still like it, its still ghost. and the beats are bangin. Smoke a blunt, and take another listen, A GOOD listen this time.

SWAMP WATER
05-26-2007, 04:18 PM
Fishscale Is Da Shit Fuck You

ShaolinDarts
05-30-2007, 11:36 AM
I have to agree with not feeling Ghost anymore as he has been forgettable since SC. But Fishscale for me has been the exception to this and from his four albums post SC this is the only one I actually like. 8/10 these days for me.

SWAMP WATER
05-30-2007, 12:06 PM

Cue "You dont know hip-hop" "fuckin faggot fuck cunt shit cracker dickhead european" blah blah shit.FUCK YOU YOU DONT KNOW SHIIIT ABOUT HIPHOP!GO SOMEWERE AND LISTEN TO LITTLE BOW WOW.

Edgar Erebus
05-31-2007, 04:02 AM
Now on Fishscale he's got this whiny voice going on, sounds like he's gonna burst into tears.

LOL... That's why I think Ghost is overrated.

But else I think Fishscale ranks with SC as best he's ever done. Now watch ME get killed.

-The A to the Z-
05-31-2007, 07:42 AM
i like Ghost's voice, and i've tried to like the album and i'll give it another listen, but i just can't get into some of the production

THE W
05-31-2007, 07:48 AM
i think its pretty good. far from classic, but a solid effort nonetheless.

RevelaShaun 6:8
06-10-2007, 07:14 PM
Ghost Face Killah is one of the best in the group and his albums always keep the WU-Tang Clan in the mind of the casual fans untill they drop other albums.

Longbongcilvaringz
06-11-2007, 01:42 AM
I honestly stopped playing fishscale, it's just so forgetable. There's a couple of good joints on there but as a whole it's just average.

yeah, no replay value really.

i play "Dogs of War" and a few other tracks every now and then.

DJMethods
06-13-2007, 01:21 PM
FUCK YOU YOU DONT KNOW SHIIIT ABOUT HIPHOP!GO SOMEWERE AND LISTEN TO LITTLE BOW WOW.

bahahaha good shit

ol dirty abbot
06-13-2007, 04:16 PM
i aint think its his best work but there still some great songs on there so i still bump it. It may not be his best but its better than 95% of the shit thats out there now

RevelaShaun 6:8
06-15-2007, 01:22 AM
Not me! I like Fishscale my favorite songs are R.A.G.U., Kilo, & Clips of Doom!!!

beautifulrock
06-15-2007, 01:36 AM
Classic - same level as supreme clientele

classic tracks

shakey dog
kilo
9 milli bros.
big girl
underwater

ol dirty abbot
06-15-2007, 02:51 PM
yeah shakey dogs is fuckin awesome whoever produced that did a great job

Suga Duga
06-17-2007, 10:17 AM
more fish and fishscale to me were like 5.5/10...they had some good shit on them, but the rest wasnt all to great

ghost's voice is nothin more but him fucking around wit different styles, that whiny shit he's doing is just somethin hes tryin, and its ight with me, it hardly gets on my nerves but i see how it can shit on a track for sum

yeah ghost wasnt always whiny, like on ironman, which to me, is ghost's best album

peace and 1luv

word, Ironman was his best along with SC, you know fishscale had some dope dope tracks (Shakey Dog, Clipse Of Doom, Big Girl, The Champ), but there was something missing, just can call it like that

FUCK YOU YOU DONT KNOW SHIIIT ABOUT HIPHOP!GO SOMEWERE AND LISTEN TO LITTLE BOW WOW.

we appreciate your comment and your opinion, wow what an interesting one

i think its pretty good. far from classic, but a solid effort nonetheless.

co-sign

hydro2oo6
06-17-2007, 03:13 PM
its horrible just like more fish. their both horrible

there is good songs on them but too much bullshit like that R&B soundin shit n songs with fuckin beyonce or whoever n shit, wtf? I hate R&B n its even worse when u hear it on rappers albums whos albums are usually fire.

noel411
06-19-2007, 06:46 AM
One of the most forgettable albums I ever heard.

Jeru
06-19-2007, 07:07 AM
Agree...didn't listen to it much when it came out...don't listen to it anymore...Can't get myself to like it so why bother.

Ginnsey
06-19-2007, 07:16 AM
Ironman..... u cant beat that album. I think i prefere it to OB4CL.

Then Supreme was also pritty dope....... But after those 1st 2 i didnt like his new style.