PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the death penalty?

netscape check two
07-19-2005, 11:43 PM
I read that the US and Japan are the only developed countries that still use the death penalty. Though, the death penalty doesn't seem to lessen murders at all in the US. Several people that are sentenced to death stay on death row for years, and die before they are even put to death. Do you think the death penalty is a good idea or not?

THE W
07-19-2005, 11:49 PM
bad idea,

has more do to with vengeance and political bullshit than justice or rehabilitation. lock them in a place where they can have no human contact and stick a tray of bread and water through a distribution hole.

Machete
07-19-2005, 11:56 PM
For it.

iNtell3kT
07-19-2005, 11:58 PM
i dont think people should be murdered like that.......i think if some1 wants some1 killed, they need to do it themselves then face the consiqunces of that...

either way, its not right to take a human life in the first place

netscape check two
07-20-2005, 12:00 AM
So the Uk doesn't have the death penalty? I read that the murder rates there are a lot less than the US.

Kriszy Substance
07-20-2005, 12:16 AM
It does seem a bit hipocritcal to take life for taking life. Im against it, but I cant say for sure that if some fuck killed my family or raped my daughter that I would feel the same way. But if they castrated them and then dropped them off on an island with all the other fucks like them, I think that would do.

THE W
07-20-2005, 01:54 AM
its not even that great of a deterant, most criminals who do the stuff to warrant the death penalty dont care about dieing anyway.

like someone said its just hypocritical that the government can commit homocide and we cant.

Rebel_INS
07-20-2005, 01:59 AM
It dont matter to me, there gonna die in prison anyways right?