PDA

View Full Version : Crafted Shinto Swords, Talking Rocks, Ghost's N' Goblins, and Human Psychology

WARPATH
03-02-2007, 05:37 PM
The major consensus among people today is that their are living and non living objects or matter in this world.

For example, everyone agrees that Animals, humans and plants are alive.

That leaves gas, earth, water, and rock seemingly dead to the world.

These are ideas that are conditioned into our heads when were young.

But-

In our bodies we are made up of gas, water, earth and rock, that is so oraganic that it's animated.

We consist of all these elements of matter working together systematically for survival. It makes us- us.

Why isn't a rock alive then? Rocks are alive. Their system works different for ours. Don't believe me? Reanimate the rock, think volcanoes.

So for that matter, that means water, wind, and earth are very much alive in one way or another. These things are animated and show "life" just as much as any other system in motion.

So what makes us different then? We can talk? We can reproduce? Hardly. Have you ever heard a rock talk?

Why not? were you listening? No, because we're taught that rocks don't talk. What is inconcievable to the mind is blocked by the mind. The mind heals it's self from trauma, things that it can't fathom. The human mind is so powerful that we block things out that are right in front of us.

Think about this then, how much do you miss when you sleep on the couch, and the family is moving around in the room? How often have you heard someone tell you siad somthing in your sleep, or maybe somone tried to wake you up, and they siad you even opened your eyes, but you still went to sleep?

What about ghosts, goblins, grimlins, aliens, angels, spirits, genies, leprauchans, unicorns,___________<(insert fairy tale thing here).
Do these things exist? Why not? Just because you can't fathom their existence doesn't mean it doesn't exist, in one way or another.

So we have this invisble world around us that we are asleep to. What will wake us from this sleep? Meditation? Death? Drugs? All of these things maybe?

If all things are alive, then perhaps even the elements we strip apart, and put together to create new objects are alive. For example, this computer maybe alive, and the mouse pad.

Is this the logic behind crafting Shinto swords? Instilling them with the spirits of nature?

LHX
03-02-2007, 06:42 PM
great post

the only difference i can really see between humans and things like rocks and water and wind is that humans are alive, but those other things are a part of something that is alive

your leg bone is not alive in and of itself, but as it composes something that is alive, then we can say it is living

if i take a sledge hammer to your knee, it affects a living system

everything we see is alive, but the difference is we generally do not have enough perspective to get a overview of the system that they are a part of

rocks seem 'hard' because our flesh is soft
but
from a universal standpoint, this entire planet is a very soft, delicate, and volatile object like the top of a new-borns head

when we craft tools that are said to be instilled with spirits, perhaps it is along the same lines as what is commonly known as 'ergonomics' - when a company pays special attention to crafting tools that are supposed to allow a person to be more in sync with what they are doing

something that is instilled with the spirits of nature takes nature into consideration and is probably a more effective tool than some dude who just slaps a blade and a handle together

if you give me a ergonomic keyboard, i can type my posts even better (believe it or not)

as for your unicorn question: that is debatable

just by virtue of the word 'unicorn' it suggest that a unicorn must exist somewhere somehow

(if somebody saw it they would prolly try to shoot it and take the horn)

suav3
03-03-2007, 05:00 AM
i believe it would be possible for unicorns.. cause there was believed to be dragons... wich we originally dinosaurs, but people jus changed the wor dand now is fairy tales.. there was possiobly dozens of unicorn sightings before

Frontal Lobotomy
03-03-2007, 05:25 AM
^ there are dragons in the world, on the island of Komodo.
Nice posts Charging and LHX, also

Civilison
03-03-2007, 12:08 PM
good post

the different between animate and inanimate things is consciousness.

we have waking, sleeping, mediumistic and transcendental consciousness. rocks and other inanimate things do not have an awareness of consciousness although consciousness is their source.

another thing is will but will is like a different form of consciousness. some spiritual works go as far as saying that will and consciousness is the same thing in different aspects.

consciousness/will (passive/active)

humans are carriers of consciousness. it is not ours but we carry it with us at all times. this gives us the ability to think in our mind.

peace

Civilison
03-03-2007, 12:15 PM
So we have this invisble world around us that we are asleep to. What will wake us from this sleep? Meditation? Death? Drugs? All of these things maybe?meditation, death and drugs...

these three are connected by BREATH.

contemporary humans have gotten used to breathing improperly, too fast. this throws us into an emotional state of mind wherein we cannot calm down.

controlling and slowing down your breath will improve your thinking. and i'm not saying in meditation although that too but in everyday life.

notice that when you get in a thinking mode, your chest relaxes and breathing pattern naturally slows down. same with sleep and meditation.

it's all in the breath. breath is one of those things to us humans that is involuntary (we keep breathing without our awareness of it) but if we want we can voluntarily control it (as in meditation or deep thinking).

those who master their breath find the secrets to life.

Civilison
03-03-2007, 12:20 PM
great post

the only difference i can really see between humans and things like rocks and water and wind is that humans are alive, but those other things are a part of something that is alive

your leg bone is not alive in and of itself, but as it composes something that is alive, then we can say it is living

if i take a sledge hammer to your knee, it affects a living system

and all this tell us that we cannot take anything out of its natural context and environment and that everything belongs to a bigger whole.

and on a sidenote... the greeks called it gaia and the egyptians called it geb - they both represent the same thing... a living, sentient earth! if you study geography, geology, metereology etc... you begin to make the connection that there is more to planet earth than just its physicality.

peace x

WARPATH
03-03-2007, 09:05 PM
good post

the different between animate and inanimate things is consciousness.

we have waking, sleeping, mediumistic and transcendental consciousness. rocks and other inanimate things do not have an awareness of consciousness although consciousness is their source.

another thing is will but will is like a different form of consciousness. some spiritual works go as far as saying that will and consciousness is the same thing in different aspects.

consciousness/will (passive/active)

humans are carriers of consciousness. it is not ours but we carry it with us at all times. this gives us the ability to think in our mind.

peace

Why can't the rocks be concious?

Your head is shaped and hard like a rock. This is bad science, but....

The theory needs to be disproved under the scientific method. How would someone go about setting up the experiment?

This is the example I was refering to. It's been so slammed into our heads that these "elements" are dead. Unthinking. We can't communicate with someone unless we acknowledge they exist.

Civilison
03-03-2007, 09:38 PM
Why can't the rocks be concious?

Your head is shaped and hard like a rock. This is bad science, but....

The theory needs to be disproved under the scientific method. How would someone go about setting up the experiment?

This is the example I was refering to. It's been so slammed into our heads that these "elements" are dead. Unthinking. We can't communicate with someone unless we acknowledge they exist.

imagine it like this to better understand my point:

you are a conscious being. as such you perceive things. one of those things is a rock.

imo, just the fact that you are able to perceive the rock shows that that rock is 'conscious'. the rock being the object of perception and you being the source of perception. both are conducive to each other.

however, looking at it from a current way of thinking, the rock is not a conscious thing but an inanimate object... one of billions on this planet.

the interesting thing about this is that when a person decides to look at a rock as a 'conscious' object then that person is not only making that observation but also is driven mentally to an infinite amount of possibilities that stem from the fact that a human being willingly chooses to approach this matter with such an open mind.

the objectivity of this debate is personal and individual to all of us. we just feel and express it in different ways.

peace

Battle 1
03-04-2007, 09:21 AM
The major consensus among people today is that their are living and non living objects or matter in this world.

For example, everyone agrees that Animals, humans and plants are alive.

That leaves gas, earth, water, and rock seemingly dead to the world.

These are ideas that are conditioned into our heads when were young.

But-

In our bodies we are made up of gas, water, earth and rock, that is so oraganic that it's animated.

We consist of all these elements of matter working together systematically for survival. It makes us- us.

Why isn't a rock alive then? Rocks are alive. Their system works different for ours. Don't believe me? Reanimate the rock, think volcanoes.

So for that matter, that means water, wind, and earth are very much alive in one way or another. These things are animated and show "life" just as much as any other system in motion.

So what makes us different then? We can talk? We can reproduce? Hardly. Have you ever heard a rock talk?

Why not? were you listening? No, because we're taught that rocks don't talk. What is inconcievable to the mind is blocked by the mind. The mind heals it's self from trauma, things that it can't fathom. The human mind is so powerful that we block things out that are right in front of us.

Think about this then, how much do you miss when you sleep on the couch, and the family is moving around in the room? How often have you heard someone tell you siad somthing in your sleep, or maybe somone tried to wake you up, and they siad you even opened your eyes, but you still went to sleep?

What about ghosts, goblins, grimlins, aliens, angels, spirits, genies, leprauchans, unicorns,___________<(insert fairy tale thing here).
Do these things exist? Why not? Just because you can't fathom their existence doesn't mean it doesn't exist, in one way or another.

So we have this invisble world around us that we are asleep to. What will wake us from this sleep? Meditation? Death? Drugs? All of these things maybe?

If all things are alive, then perhaps even the elements we strip apart, and put together to create new objects are alive. For example, this computer maybe alive, and the mouse pad.

Is this the logic behind crafting Shinto swords? Instilling them with the spirits of nature?

Great Post Charging Soldier. I always loved indian philosophy, how the real ones are at one with the earth or universe even. Yeah, the way they see, live, and believe in things makes them spiritually far beyond the so-called western way of thinking. I will admit the greatest thing the western culture or white man brought to the earth is science. And I will not deny that science is one of the greatest things put on this earth, though in the wrong hands also the most evil or dangerous. Still though alot of bad and good comes out of science. Anything in life can be mis-used or abused, as well as being used for good.

But yeah, in terms of spirituality alone Indians or the Native American culture are far beyond western philosophy in my opinion. I mean the Native American peoples relationships with everything on earth and universe. They live naturally and at peace or at one with the earth. The western world or way of living has made the world un-natural. Living has become un-natural because of the western philosophy.

WARPATH
03-04-2007, 06:48 PM
Great Post Charging Soldier. I always loved indian philosophy, how the real ones are at one with the earth or universe even. Yeah, the way they see, live, and believe in things makes them spiritually far beyond the so-called western way of thinking. I will admit the greatest thing the western culture or white man brought to the earth is science. And I will not deny that science is one of the greatest things put on this earth, though in the wrong hands also the most evil or dangerous. Still though alot of bad and good comes out of science. Anything in life can be mis-used or abused, as well as being used for good.

But yeah, in terms of spirituality alone Indians or the Native American culture are far beyond western philosophy in my opinion. I mean the Native American peoples relationships with everything on earth and universe. They live naturally and at peace or at one with the earth. The western world or way of living has made the world un-natural. Living has become un-natural because of the western philosophy.

I understand what your saying, but science is not just a "western" way of understanding our earth. The way it's documented is different, but that doesn't mean that Natives didn't practice their own experiments.

Culture, the way we live effects the type of experiments we do, and the knowledge we seek.

That's why, with all the comforts of today, some scientists try and take if further with cloning and the idea of organ harvesting.

While other scientists find a way to make bigger tomatoes, or beefier cows.

Some scientists just want to design a faster car, or transportation to the moon.

As the world deteriates in this age, some scientists seek a way to clean the enviroment, while others try and escape it.

What i'm trying to get at is....

This is science. It goes back to what everyone's always saying. Knowledge Understanding Wisdom.

Why do we seperate spirituality and science? They should work together.

LHX
03-04-2007, 07:03 PM
it would benefit everybody involved

(which is everybody)

Battle 1
03-04-2007, 07:11 PM
I understand what your saying, but science is not just a "western" way of understanding our earth. The way it's documented is different, but that doesn't mean that Natives didn't practice their own experiments.

Culture, the way we live effects the type of experiments we do, and the knowledge we seek.

That's why, with all the comforts of today, some scientists try and take if further with cloning and the idea of organ harvesting.

While other scientists find a way to make bigger tomatoes, or beefier cows.

Some scientists just want to design a faster car, or transportation to the moon.

As the world deteriates in this age, some scientists seek a way to clean the enviroment, while others try and escape it.

What i'm trying to get at is....

This is science. It goes back to what everyone's always saying. Knowledge Understanding Wisdom.

Because spirituality does not need to always be proved with facts in order for some people to believe in it. It is more about having faith, even if it is blind faith. Believing in things even when there is no 100% proof is more relatable to spirtuality or beliefs. Where as science on the other hand will rule anything out if there is no 100% CONCRETE proof that something works or exists without any doubts. And that is not always the case in spirituality.

WARPATH
03-04-2007, 10:03 PM
Because spirituality does not need to always be proven with facts in order for some people to believe in it. It is more about having faith, even if it is blind faith.

True, but the same could be siad about science. Think about it.

Believing in things even when there is no 100% proof is more relatable to spirtuality or beliefs.

Some people become so consumed by certain facts, they stop looking for other answers. Therories become facts to them, which they base other therories on. This can take studies down the same paths as "beliefs" or faith with merit.

Example:

Africa is the cradle of civilization. Fact or Therory?

Science on the other hand will rule anything out if there is not 100% CONCRETE proof that something works or exists, without any doubts. That is not always the case in spirituality

The scientific method only confirms or denies a therory until a new therory is tested.

Spirituality should be the same. Constantly growing, becoming stronger, or even changing. If you have faith in somthing and it proves to be false, maybe it's time to change faith.

Battle 1
03-05-2007, 10:22 AM
True, but the same could be siad about science. Think about it.

Some people become so consumed by certain facts, they stop looking for other answers. Therories become facts to them, which they base other therories on. This can take studies down the same paths as "beliefs" or faith with merit.

Example:

Africa is the cradle of civilization. Fact or Therory?

The scientific method only confirms or denies a therory until a new therory is tested.

Spirituality should be the same. Constantly growing, becoming stronger, or even changing. If you have faith in somthing and it proves to be false, maybe it's time to change faith.

Well then I guess it all depends on how one defines spirituality then. Cause I mean in spirituality one could say this is true or that is true and people can agree or disagree, but certain facts in science are far beyond religions, subjectivity, or personal beliefs, ideas, culture, etc. It is only purely concerned with facts alone. Of course you have people who will use science for their personal beliefs, political agendas, etc. But that is another story.