PDA

View Full Version : Curtis Mayfield = Money ???

INF
03-02-2007, 06:56 PM
How many times has Superfly been jacked to make a hit? I'm listening to "no thing on me" right now and shakin my head. I forgot all about this song. I aint even gonna say at this point who jacked it or anything. For the sake of good convo , I wanna see if somebody know what I'm talkin bout and match me.

I also wanna list all the songs that have bit from Superfly and see how many there are , in this thread.

Gawd
03-02-2007, 07:02 PM
curtis mayfield is > hiphop

INF
03-02-2007, 07:10 PM
I'ma tell you summin one time eD - Act right up in this thread. I gotta say it cuz I know how you do. This is serious bixness!

Visionz
03-03-2007, 07:11 PM
I know I picked up the vinyl to the Supafly soundtrack for $.98 recently....give it some time you can probably include me in the list. It's not a cratediggers fault that Curtis music is just so fuckin dope.

Dr Zayus
03-04-2007, 06:27 AM
Snoop covered it on R&G, that cover was pretty cool in my opinion. Nice homage.

GAYLORD
03-04-2007, 10:33 AM
curtis mayfield is > hiphop

sometimes i honestly think the same. curtis, marvin, james - these dudes really made music. they invented something new, they really composed music and played and arranged instruments - i think thats much more difficult and takes longer than sampling. plus they were great singers.

but then again ed probably is just bullshittin again :-(

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-04-2007, 11:00 AM
How many times has Pharrel tried to maek his voice sound like Curtis?