PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Boxers

Prince Rai
06-10-2005, 01:40 PM
For all the boxing fans,
who are your best fighters alltime?? can be current as well!

ali
tyson
holyfield
nigel benn
williams

100pr00f
06-10-2005, 01:46 PM
ali
tyson
roy jones jr
suger shane mosly

and rocky ......................lol

Prince Rai
06-10-2005, 02:10 PM
lol forgot marciano, he def up there too man!

clinton woods gon fight jones soon isnt he?

100pr00f
06-10-2005, 02:20 PM
not sure.. have to look that shit up

Ronin
06-10-2005, 04:07 PM
ali, chris eubank, nigel ben, jnr witter, david haye, tyson, jermain taylor, gatti

i think taylor is gonna assume hopkins position this year

jR_killa
06-10-2005, 04:51 PM
Roy Jones, Who? Roy Jones, hahha, he's a great boxer, tremendous hand speed and I like his style, Other than that I would have to say Zab Judah.

Peace

Rebel_INS
06-11-2005, 06:04 AM
Lennox Lewis

Prince Rai
06-11-2005, 12:57 PM
yo lennox 4 sure, sad dat he gets forgotton sometimes.
he's 1 great fighter, he got all his haters done, and made em respect him/ tyson/hasim

CarlKutta
06-11-2005, 01:43 PM
Frank Bruno!

zzzzzz
06-11-2005, 02:04 PM
Muhammad Ali

Hayabusa
06-11-2005, 03:17 PM
Ali and Roy Jones.

deadlymelody
06-11-2005, 03:40 PM
Lennox Lewis is crazy slept on it seems people have already forgot about him.

connor
06-12-2005, 09:51 AM
sugar ray leonard

Liquidswordsman
06-12-2005, 08:33 PM
Tonya Harding, shes got a mean hook

U-Samurai
06-16-2005, 03:29 AM
Audrey Harrison.

Prince Rai
06-16-2005, 11:38 AM
Audrey Harrison.
not yet!!

stayshigh
06-16-2005, 01:23 PM
Jack Johnson Baby! Do the knowledge: http://www.pbs.org/unforgivableblackness/

Almost every black athlete is doing today what he did, but he started in 1897.

Peace

Wu-Fam Specializt
06-16-2005, 05:09 PM
Jack Johnson was a beast. He took some dives though, if I'm thinking about the right guy. He threw a couple fights. Rocky "The Brockton Bomber" Marciano fa sho sho. He grew up like a half hour from me. Tyson was madd exciting to watch before he became a bum. Roy Jones Jr. is an exciting boxer too. Sugar Ray Robinson, Jack Dempsey, Joe Louis, and Mohammed Ali all greats in the game.

Boxing for the most part sucks nowadays tho. On another note, who watched The Contender? That was my favorite show.

O-N-E

Da Ryda
06-16-2005, 10:14 PM
Rocky Balboa

TUCO
06-16-2005, 10:32 PM
Muhammad Ali
Mike Tyson
Arturo Gatti
Zab Judah
Rocky Marciano
Glenn Johnson (MIAMI CHEA!)
The Prince (forgot his name....dude was mad crazy yo!)

peace

Da Ryda
06-16-2005, 10:46 PM
^^^Prince Naseem Hamed!!

then he got punched the fuck out by Marco Antonio Barrera... then Barrera got punched the fuck out by Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao... yeah, whatever happened to him?

Prince Rai
06-17-2005, 11:08 AM
Naseem might be returnin to the ring, he'll start boxing first in yemen or sumin, before he starts properly internationally. though i doubt he'll be good again.
did ya hear, he recently crashed his MCLAREN SLR????? wat a twat!

BY the way, THE CONTENDER was sick1
well done to sergio, i wanted him 2 win!

Da Ryda
06-17-2005, 12:33 PM
I wanted Ishe to win but he lost so...

Prince Rai
06-17-2005, 02:51 PM
I wanted Ishe to win but he lost so...
yeh he way ok, at least he whupped dat ahmed dude, he was such a dikhed!

Wu-Fam Specializt
06-18-2005, 11:50 PM
I met Manfredo and Ahmed at the place I work at. Nice guys for real. I was pullin for "The Pride of Providence", but Sergio is a very good fighter, not to mention seems like a real good person.

O-N-E

Sicka than aidZ
06-19-2005, 03:14 PM
Apollo Creed

jaywoods27
06-20-2005, 07:16 AM
tyson was my fav but over the years he declined and lost focus and after his last fight thats just a bad way of going out

100pr00f
06-20-2005, 08:28 AM
Sergio is good ...but i liked the spanish buy better forget his name..not the one who lost 2 times

Prince Rai
06-20-2005, 12:25 PM
I met Manfredo and Ahmed at the place I work at. Nice guys for real. I was pullin for "The Pride of Providence", but Sergio is a very good fighter, not to mention seems like a real good person.

O-N-E
peace where u work at?? when was that?

benzo
06-20-2005, 01:02 PM
Erik Morales. Over 100 amatuer/pro fights and his ass hasn't touched the mat ONCE. I still think Hagler, Hearns, Pryor define the best era in boxing...

T4R1K
06-20-2005, 04:05 PM
Ali

100pr00f
06-20-2005, 05:05 PM
phat banner

ironmantis
06-28-2005, 08:39 AM
i've got these purple striped boxers that I wear, I guess they are my favourite boxers.

peace

Prince Rai
06-28-2005, 01:14 PM
i've got these purple striped boxers that I wear, I guess they are my favourite boxers.

peace
lol had this really been that sort of thread, this'd be propa gay!

100pr00f
06-28-2005, 01:26 PM
lol

Big Bad Man
07-02-2005, 07:11 PM
1 Tyson
2 Roy Jones
3 Ali
4 Steve Collins
5 Prince Naseem

Those my favs. Naz done the golden mistake of tryna fix sumtin that wasnt even broke. Changed coaches, changed styles n fucked up his career.

Rest speak for themselves. Sure Ali was a better fighter than Roy Jones but in terms of boxers I prefer watchin Jones.

Ill simplify my present favourites by nearest weight categories:

HW - Toney
LHW - Jones if he fights on, if not none
MW- Hopkins, Winky, De La Hoya, Vargas n Calzaghe
WW- Hatton, Mayweather, Gatti, Cotto, Tacky, Judah, n Mosley
LW- Corrales n Singwancha
FW - Scott Harrison, Barrera n Morales

Dont care for lighter than 126lbs to be honest.

sakk
07-02-2005, 07:25 PM
in order of who I like the most

Tyson
Ali
Roy Jones (wtf happened with him gettin knocked out?)
Sugar Ray Leonard
Lennox Lewis

right now Tyson is STILL the biggest draw in boxing
I hope another great Heavyweight emerges to revive the sport

Prince Rai
07-03-2005, 06:44 AM
1 Tyson
2 Roy Jones
3 Ali
4 Steve Collins
5 Prince Naseem

Those my favs. Naz done the golden mistake of tryna fix sumtin that wasnt even broke. Changed coaches, changed styles n fucked up his career.

Rest speak for themselves. Sure Ali was a better fighter than Roy Jones but in terms of boxers I prefer watchin Jones.

Ill simplify my present favourites by nearest weight categories:

HW - Toney
LHW - Jones if he fights on, if not none
MW- Hopkins, Winky, De La Hoya, Vargas n Calzaghe
WW- Hatton, Mayweather, Gatti, Cotto, Tacky, Judah, n Mosley
LW- Corrales n Singwancha
FW - Scott Harrison, Barrera n Morales

Dont care for lighter than 126lbs to be honest.
James Toney, serious?? ayt...

good choices tho... agree with the last statement btw as well.

Prince Rai
07-03-2005, 06:44 AM
in order of who I like the most

Tyson
Ali
Roy Jones (wtf happened with him gettin knocked out?)
Sugar Ray Leonard
Lennox Lewis

right now Tyson is STILL the biggest draw in boxing
I hope another great Heavyweight emerges to revive the sport
Samuel Peter is good, he should be something for the HW division in the future.

6thPlanet
07-03-2005, 07:32 AM
Muhammad Ali

Big Bad Man
07-03-2005, 08:52 AM
James Toney, serious?? ayt...

good choices tho... agree with the last statement btw as well.
Aye man. Serious as cancer. No for his fightin style I just love his shit talkin n his personality. Good boxer though too.

Prince Rai
07-03-2005, 12:24 PM
Aye man. Serious as cancer. No for his fightin style I just love his shit talkin n his personality. Good boxer though too.
peace, shame about the last fight though, he got quality.

should fight another minimum fight, and then try and dethrone klitschko, he boring as fukk

Big Bad Man
07-03-2005, 02:35 PM
peace, shame about the last fight though, he got quality.

should fight another minimum fight, and then try and dethrone klitschko, he boring as fukk
Lol. I dont mind Vitali. His fight wit danny williams was pure comedy, was like a big fuckin robot on destroy action. While williams knew wit was coming he just couldnt stop it. Raaarrrrgggh, drago style. lol.

Actually felt a bit sorry for Williams in that fight coz he needed 1 dude to just sort him, rebuild his thoughts n try gettin him into the fight. While he had 3 mofos shoutin shit in his ear hittin him with the bullshit motivation slogans, lol. Last thing u need when u fucked. Needa find a new gear by yerself nah mean?

I donno man. The HW division is a bit of a joke really. Toney should fight a few bums yer right. Not bums, but almost bums n maul them. Then go for Vitali. If he ruffed him up talkin shite all week before the fight n pissed of Vitali hed have a chance of beatin him I think. A ruff fight be better for Toney coz all Russians n their neighbours have that mad thin white skin which says "hit me n I shall bleed" haha.

Prince Rai
07-04-2005, 10:39 AM
Peace Big Bad Man,

yo i really like williams as a fighter, he gon fight skelton on the 16th.. if he wins he can still try and go back into the top 10, though ur right, HW is a joke ata moment.

Big Bad Man
07-04-2005, 02:19 PM
Peace Big Bad Man,

yo i really like williams as a fighter, he gon fight skelton on the 16th.. if he wins he can still try and go back into the top 10, though ur right, HW is a joke ata moment.
Man that final? I have to go for Skelton coz hes a good big fucker n an ex muay thai champ nah mean? Met him in Trafford centre (think thats the name) in manchester few years ago n he was cool as fuck.

Danny should beat him but I want Skelton to take it. But man, anything can happen. Good to see some boxers up in here. Long u been trainin Princerai?

Peace.

the8stricker
07-04-2005, 02:41 PM
Speed and power boxers are the best boxers in my books. Pretty Boy Floyd is a great demonstration of that. I don't know what happened with the Roy Jones Jr. and Antonio Tarver fight, I think it was a set-up.

Big Bad Man
07-05-2005, 05:12 AM
Speed and power boxers are the best boxers in my books. Pretty Boy Floyd is a great demonstration of that. I don't know what happened with the Roy Jones Jr. and Antonio Tarver fight, I think it was a set-up.Nah what happened was Roy fed into the media bullshit too long tryna bring him down n felt he had to fight on longer than planned. So to save that shit he went against all odds n went to heavy to school Ruiz. However, coz his body is older now once it adapted to the HW build it struggled to get back to where it was in terms of speed n agaility at LHW. That fucked his career. After Ruiz he shoulda retired.

Also in the tarver n johnson fight his corner men where tellin him he was winnin easy? Shame.

Im gutted for Jones, had he retired after Ruiz fight, winnin belts for middle - heavy he woulda been my joint numero uno with Tyson.

PS - wicked banner man! peace to Big L.

100pr00f
07-05-2005, 08:38 AM
agree

Prince Rai
07-05-2005, 11:03 AM
Man that final? I have to go for Skelton coz hes a good big fucker n an ex muay thai champ nah mean? Met him in Trafford centre (think thats the name) in manchester few years ago n he was cool as fuck.

Danny should beat him but I want Skelton to take it. But man, anything can happen. Good to see some boxers up in here. Long u been trainin Princerai?

Peace.
peace, ive been interested in boxing for years, but started amateur last year.
how about u?

man, skelton is definitely got some experience in martial arts which is a benefit, though people have recognised that his style of boxing is more fighting than boxing, nahmean??

if williams fights with brain and heart, he could win it.

its def a huge fight for both, because its make or break nahmean?

peace

Big Bad Man
07-05-2005, 11:43 AM
peace, ive been interested in boxing for years, but started amateur last year.
how about u?

man, skelton is definitely got some experience in martial arts which is a benefit, though people have recognised that his style of boxing is more fighting than boxing, nahmean??

if williams fights with brain and heart, he could win it.

its def a huge fight for both, because its make or break nahmean?

peace
Aye man. I started when I was 5. Had a few undefeated amateurs n realised muay thai n vale tudo was the way. Never looked back but I love boxing just as much. Peace.

Wu-Tang 9
07-07-2005, 02:23 AM
WTF? dude u got ur list all wrong no one should like ali...sry to all u posers that think u know boxing .. have a chat wit me about it... i display my aim sn: TeamSiegelBxng

Wu-Tang 9
07-07-2005, 02:24 AM
Joe Louis

Big Bad Man
07-07-2005, 02:53 PM
Joe Louis another legend but boring to watch so no in my fav list.

Prince Rai
07-08-2005, 11:07 AM
agree^^

i mean there are many great boxers, even now, klitschko is a damn good boxer, but he's so boring..

the8stricker
07-10-2005, 12:09 AM
Yea entertainment value is important but I feel if I was a boxer I would rather have true boxing skills. I believe Ray Robinson had this skill, I've never really seen a Joe Louis fight but I've heard that he's a true boxer also.

But fighters like Roy and Floyd are agile and quick looking to perform a fake and strike quickly with a strong punch which catches the eye of many fans. Thats why their fights are so hyped up. Everyone knows this though, its obvious. But I would rather watch one of these type of fights. But Floyd is more of a boxer than Roy was. It seems like he takes a more balance approach. After the Gatti and Micky Ward fight people were calling Gatti and true representation of boxer. But Floyd killed Gatti and everyone's beliefs on Gatti's skills. Gatti is still a good boxer though.

Boxing is a great sport and I love it but my favorite boxer will be Pretty Floyd always.

Big Bad Man
07-10-2005, 11:23 AM
Yea entertainment value is important but I feel if I was a boxer I would rather have true boxing skills. I believe Ray Robinson had this skill, I've never really seen a Joe Louis fight but I've heard that he's a true boxer also.

But fighters like Roy and Floyd are agile and quick looking to perform a fake and strike quickly with a strong punch which catches the eye of many fans. Thats why their fights are so hyped up. Everyone knows this though, its obvious. But I would rather watch one of these type of fights. But Floyd is more of a boxer than Roy was. It seems like he takes a more balance approach. After the Gatti and Micky Ward fight people were calling Gatti and true representation of boxer. But Floyd killed Gatti and everyone's beliefs on Gatti's skills. Gatti is still a good boxer though.

Boxing is a great sport and I love it but my favorite boxer will be Pretty Floyd always.
Actually I dont hink it killed our perception of Gattis skills. I hink it just exploded Mayweathers. Lotta people I know who love boxing n follow it never seen mayweather till that fight. Strange..... but true.... haha. Mayweather right now is the man, I always sported him. Same with Judah.

Speed, flashiness n agility does sell. But mind the best sellin boxing ever was a killah, ma man Tyson.

Prince Rai
07-10-2005, 12:47 PM
Word, i havent seen much of Mayweather till the Gatti fight, only read much about his skill in Boxing Monthly UK..

He is def a good boxer, he showed it with a degree of ease, cosidering that Gattis is still a good boxer..

i agree with BIG, tyson always outselled others in boxing, he was a huge character, sadly he became famous infamously.

the8stricker
07-10-2005, 07:05 PM
Yea I've seen a couple of 3 or 4 of Floyd's fights and it just looked like he was untouchable from those fights. Ever since I supported him.

But I forgot to mention Zab Judah. His bout vs. Spinks was the first time I saw him. I knew Judah was going to win ever since he came out of the lockeroom. He seemed way more hungry and Spinks' long walk to the ring with poor artist Nelly gave him a even more profound stand to take down Spinks. I hate that I missed his last bout I heard it ended in the third round on a TKO.

Wasn't Judah's last fight on the night of Floyd vs. Gatti?

RynMur
07-11-2005, 01:07 AM
Rocky Marciano, Young Tyson, Floyd Mayweather (702) and Ishe Smith (702, and coming), Ali, Hopkins, Lewis, Ray Leonard, Holyfield, Roy Jones Jr,

SHRAP
07-11-2005, 04:19 AM
i like my boxers the best, i dont know why all these other dudes said they be likin a bunch of other dudes boxers...

Prince Rai
07-11-2005, 09:45 AM
Yea I've seen a couple of 3 or 4 of Floyd's fights and it just looked like he was untouchable from those fights. Ever since I supported him.

But I forgot to mention Zab Judah. His bout vs. Spinks was the first time I saw him. I knew Judah was going to win ever since he came out of the lockeroom. He seemed way more hungry and Spinks' long walk to the ring with poor artist Nelly gave him a even more profound stand to take down Spinks. I hate that I missed his last bout I heard it ended in the third round on a TKO.

Wasn't Judah's last fight on the night of Floyd vs. Gatti?
aii, i think zab was on that card dat night 2

arent zab and floyd best of mates/???

Big Bad Man
07-11-2005, 03:50 PM
aii, i think zab was on that card dat night 2

arent zab and floyd best of mates/???
Donno but I know Zab chills with Wu a lot. Mind when he went to get his licence back he was with the generals? That was class.

Nah Zabs last fight was back in may against that Rivera dude. He disposed of him in round 3 by TKO making the dude look like a mad chump. Dudes actually a well schooled boxer but again Zab was outta this world. I mind talking about it the day before the fight with Ronin actually.

I believe his next fight is against Shamba Mitchell in september. Cant wait. He a legend in my eyes already man. Ok he lost the 1st fight to spinks by decision but that was dodgy as fuck. Look how he came back at spinks though! The Tszyu fight was nuts. He was tryna get up too quick in panic to tell the ref he was ok, coz it was new shit to him n his instincts got the better of him, had he stayed down for an 8 I hink he woulda got back into that n won it defo.

benzo
07-11-2005, 04:07 PM
nah, zab was on the undercard for tarver vs. johnson a couple weeks ago. zab KILLED that night, knocked the dude down 2-3 in the first round. first knockdown was 30 seconds into the fight!
mayweather undercard was vivian harris vs "don't fuckin matter". harris is the BK boy who's been spittin mad shit about everybody at 140, challenged pretty boy to fight at the press conference, then called mayweather a "faggot". well, vivian harris got fucking DESTROYED on his first big hbo event by a no name. so floyd, welcome to the top, and vivian- shut the fuck up you bitch made ass glassjaw cocksucker. L8

HANZO
07-11-2005, 04:35 PM
i wonder if anyone can help me with this fighter. the other day i came across a heavyweight fight i dont kno who the fighters were but there was one 19 yr old russian kid who destroyed sum jamaican english guy.
now when i say destroyed i mean a one punch KO from the start of the first bell. It reminded me of Tyson in his early years. i dont kno who dis russian kid is but he can throw one hell of a punch, i would like to see how he fares against fighters with better records, but from wat i saw, he is easily top twenty heavyweight. watch out for him whoever he is.

Fatal Guillotine
04-21-2012, 06:41 PM
Ali
Tyson in his prime
Mayweather
Pernell whitaker
Sugar ray robinson
roy jones in his prime

KATO
06-12-2012, 10:49 PM
Manny Pacquiao
Edwin Valero
Mike Tyson
Bernard Hopkins
David Tua
Erich "Butterbean" Esch (hate on him if you want, dude has serious punching power)
Floyd Mayweather Jr.
Miguel Cotto
Roy Jones Jr. (In the 90's)

^ Boxers I've watched regularly

Muhammad Ali
Marvelous Marvin Hagler
Roberto Duran

^ fighters I never saw, but wish I had