PDA

View Full Version : So I wanna start my own Church.............

Visionz
03-04-2007, 12:46 AM
and call it the House of the Mended Way, I'll get to the meaning later, but what do you need for yourself and the church to be official? If anybody's got some free legal advice :list: I'd be happy to hear it. :b

maestro wooz
03-04-2007, 12:53 AM
you probaly gotta go through some shit to get recognition, but this is america baby all you need to start a religion is the idea.

Frontal Lobotomy
03-04-2007, 07:30 AM
I know that in Britain you need at least 10,000 members before you can be declared a religion. You may need a church as well, but I'm not sure.

Marc051
03-04-2007, 07:31 AM
google it

rubyspirit
03-04-2007, 08:34 AM
Consider this ... the Holy Bible says in the end times, the church will be corrupt and no true believers will be there.

LHX
03-04-2007, 10:17 AM
Maybe Logic Academy course on starting your Church-like organization (http://www.maybelogic.org/stangcrs2.htm)

This material -- basically a behind-the scenes history of The Church of the SubGenius and an investigation into the nature of belief... At the end of the course, students will have designed and developed their own religious cult to the point of marketability.

Visionz
03-04-2007, 11:32 AM
The point would be to take multiple religions and combine them under one roof. The main message would be tolerance, understanding, and self-improvement and focus on the similarities and the knowledge found in all the Holy Text, not just one single book. In time they'd become the centers for the revolution, after all, it starts in the mind first.

Jet Set
03-04-2007, 12:00 PM
Is there a church of the Fonz?

Ultimate Fist
03-05-2007, 03:13 PM
Join the Universal Life Church. It's a church that will give you ordination simply if you tell them you're name. It's legally recognized. They let you create whatever doctrine you want. Google it.

Visionz
03-05-2007, 07:05 PM
Join the Universal Life Church. It's a church that will give you ordination simply if you tell them you're name. It's legally recognized. They let you create whatever doctrine you want. Google it.interesting and good lookin out...............edit>now an ordained minister. surprising how easy that was. really. I can perform marriages if I wanted to (though not the point for me personally)

Civilison
03-05-2007, 10:51 PM
mahahaha....

true... so true...

props man, if you're serious or not.

the silencer
03-05-2007, 11:27 PM
when i first saw the title of this thread i thought it was gonna be something retarded...

but the idea seems like a good one.....

i think the only problem will be that u have to put a limit to how "tolerant" of other religions you are....theres plenty of Satanic devil-worshipping religions out there nowadays....

EAGLE EYE
03-05-2007, 11:43 PM
wait til Gawd enters this thread.

hahahahahah

LHX
03-05-2007, 11:54 PM
Pope Unseen IV

The Archbishop of Austin

The Lone Star of the Lone Star

Visionz
03-06-2007, 12:10 AM
when i first saw the title of this thread i thought it was gonna be something retarded...

but the idea seems like a good one.....

i think the only problem will be that u have to put a limit to how "tolerant" of other religions you are....theres plenty of Satanic devil-worshipping religions out there nowadays....they'd have to be based upon a certified Holy Scripture and they'd have to square with each other. Judge the tree by the fruit type-thing.but really, in some places ,and its probably alot, here in America being Arabic probably feels alot how Jews must've felt in Germany before shit really hit the fan. Alot of quiet tension all around 'em. Must suck if you're a guy that has to fly around for work all the time. muhfucka thinkin you're bout to blow up the plane and all you're trying to do is finish up some reports on your laptop....

The Religous right, the head cases that make tv in particular, wackos like Pat Robberson, just make anyone with common sense sick. Those people don't go to church often cause something like that just convinces 'em to stay away for good. Where do those people congregate? Where do they organize at? I have rock-solid faith and a deep desire to change the world. And really, there's just so much potential out there,................why not?

supremecharma
03-06-2007, 02:57 AM
wait til Gawd enters this thread.

hahahahahah

Ahem. its eD the Gawd. :=)

Sniki
03-13-2007, 03:31 PM
Churches are Gangsta.