PDA

View Full Version : Wu in Birmingham, UK on July 6th

Sean
03-05-2007, 04:43 PM
I was just looking at Ticketmaster and saw this. It doesn't give many details, does anybody know anything about this? Here is the link to Ticketmaster
http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/artist/945196/?search_redirect=wu%20tang&tm_link=tm_header_search

Also, here is the link to the website of the venue. They list it as Wu Tang Clan "plus support". they also give a link to Wu Corp!
http://www.birmingham-academy.co.uk/

Anyone plan on going to this? I really want to but Birmingham is a long way away and I am only 15, so don't have a car or any way of getting there. And I'm not exactly going to go with my mum and dad.

Esquire
03-05-2007, 04:48 PM
I live in Reading which is south of Birmingham, i'm defintely gonna try get to this event but my knowledge of it is just as vague as your's. i'll check it out later, the day i see the wu is the day i wet my pant's as a full grown adult, how fucking sad am i.

Sean
03-05-2007, 04:54 PM
Lol I would really love to go, it's only 18.50 and there are loads of tickets, they just went up on sale today. I just asked my mum to take me as a sort of joke and she took me seriously and said, "Well I can drop you off and you can go in there and I'll come and pick you up afterwards", but I'm not going to go to a Wu concert on my own lol.

Esquire
03-05-2007, 04:57 PM
Lol I would really love to go, it's only 18.50 and there are loads of tickets, they just went up on sale today. I just asked my mum to take me as a sort of joke and she took me seriously and said, "Well I can drop you off and you can go in there and I'll come and pick you up afterwards", but I'm not going to go to a Wu concert on my own lol.

Don't you have anybody you can take, a friend, even if he ain't down with the wu, i'm sure you could crag his ass along, he'll prolly love the wu more than you after the concert.

Sean
03-05-2007, 05:08 PM
Yeah I suppose could but I don't really want to go up there with my mum lol. I'm going to ask around at school, also my friends older brother is a hardcore Wu fan, I'll see if I can go with him, we get along well, and he'll have a car by then ;)

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-05-2007, 07:18 PM
I'm desperate to go to this I live only 1/2 hour from there and I ve been to the academy quite a few times, but im booking to be out of the country on that date. sucks, just like last time I bought tickets to see them at the hammersmith in 2004 but I didnt read the dates right on the ticket and I ended up being in Portugal while the gig was happenen!

but this is probably my last ever chance to see them live, I need to get there

Sean
03-06-2007, 11:26 AM
Scew going on holiday, this is WU TANG!

Has anybody found out any more details on this yet, I have looked but can't find anything.

addict
03-06-2007, 11:29 AM
ha i have the same problem im 15 and live in bristol ima try and get a mate to come, tho none of them like the wu

Kong
03-06-2007, 03:47 PM
They need to do south england.

Wu UK
03-07-2007, 07:26 AM
SeeTickets now ses its in Manchester and not Birmingham! I bought my tickets whilst it sed Birmingham!

Wu UK
03-07-2007, 07:36 AM
Apparently the venue has changed due to production issues at the Birmingham Academy. It will now take place on the same night (06/07/06) at the Manchester Appollo. There are now seating tickets available <<<<<<<<<<<<< atmosphere is never as good when seats are added! I was at the Apollo last week and its a very old building and kinda has a grimey and dark feel to it, could set a good mood!

Sean
03-07-2007, 11:03 AM
What's wrong with London? Manchester is like double the distance to Birmingham. It takes about 4 hours. It's also an extra 2.50 :o

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-07-2007, 11:35 AM
This totally ****** sucks!! Manchesters miles away from anywhere, they may aswell of gone to newcastle.

And who the hell wants to sit down at a Wu gig? smh

Sean
03-07-2007, 03:56 PM
Hopefully they'll do another show in London or something, I'm not going to Manchester.

CashRules
03-08-2007, 06:15 AM
I was already excited bout goin to watch Wu in Birmingham but now they comin to my home town!! the manchester apollo is a great venue been a few times, everyone in the crowd is right near the stage as its not a big venue, all Wu heads in UK need to go to this cos Wu wont be in UK many more times, wherever u are in UK its easy to get a train to Manchester and Carling Apollo is right near train station, if anyone needs to i could give the number to a affordable B & B.

Im so buzzing about this! i missed them in London but aint missing this for nothin!!

Ink Is My Drink
03-08-2007, 10:40 AM
Hopefully they'll do another show in London or something, I'm not going to Manchester.

yeh im thinking the same thing

Grongle
03-08-2007, 10:43 AM
Oh My God! im goin

The_SZAs
03-08-2007, 11:30 AM
Suuuuuuuuuu!!!!!

shaolinsword
03-08-2007, 02:59 PM
thinking of going but fuck sitting on a train from London to Manchester

who wants to sit at any gig, that's shit

morgan
03-08-2007, 04:07 PM
Is it all seater???? Never, still going anyway. I'm in East Yorkshire if anyones travelling from this direction????

Sean
03-08-2007, 04:21 PM
It's not all seated, just the higher tiers I think.

Sifu
03-10-2007, 12:03 PM
I gave ticketmaster a call last night because ive got tickets to go to the Birmingham show, and i wanted to know if the show was cancelled or not,
What ticketmaster told me was that there will be two concerts on July 6 the 1st of the night @ Birmingham, if you noticed the Birmingham Academy always has a curfew of 10pm on fridays/saturdays, Then the 2nd show will be in Manchester so be prepared people who are going to that show for a late night! I ask ticketmaster why on there website it says ' currently not available' for the show, she told me that the event was now sold out.

So fingers crossed the Birmingham show goes ahead!

Anyone got any info on the line-up?

oldie
03-10-2007, 09:09 PM
i aint read the thread posts but is Birmingham the only spot in the UK they coming too?!?!? any further up north?!

Sifu
03-11-2007, 06:37 AM
i aint read the thread posts but is Birmingham the only spot in the UK they coming too?!?!? any further up north?!

Thats lazy,

Manchester Apollo on Friday 6 July

Sean
03-11-2007, 06:49 AM
Anyone know who exactly is going to be performing?

Wu UK
03-19-2007, 08:06 PM
What ticketmaster told me was that there will be two concerts on July 6 the 1st of the night @ Birmingham, if you noticed the Birmingham Academy always has a curfew of 10pm on fridays/saturdays, Then the 2nd show will be in Manchester so be prepared people who are going to that show for a late night! I ask ticketmaster why on there website it says ' currently not available' for the show, she told me that the event was now sold out.

So fingers crossed the Birmingham show goes ahead!

Anyone got any info on the line-up?

You've got mixed up somewhere, and if ticketmaster told you that they are talkin shit. There is now no Birmingham show www.ticketmaster.co.uk
How would they do 2 shows in one night, it won't happen! Birmingham show was cancelled due to production issues. Support hasnt been announced yet.

urban_angel
03-20-2007, 12:28 PM
Actually acts do do two shows a night sometimes, when I was working in a club in the midlands, was doing a show in the club, but he didn't get there till 1am, because he did a show in London first and travelled up. I'm going to the Manchester show for sure. :)

Sifu
03-20-2007, 12:35 PM
The Birmingham show has been cancelled, Ticketmaster thought it would be nice of them to email me and let me know the CUNTS.

Oh well my tickets are still valid for the Manchester gig.

WuGambino
03-20-2007, 05:39 PM
Manchester, excellent!
Only 30 mins on the train, got my standing tickets... but whats the business with this two gigs in one night malarkey??? How late is the manchester gig gonna be? It says doors open at 7:00!

Sifu
03-21-2007, 01:42 PM
WuGambino

When the tickets 1st went onsale there was only 1 show at the time for the

Birmingham Academy so me being local, snapped up a few tickets, a few days later on the ticketmaster website i noticed that there was also a Wu gig on the same night at Manchester, so i thought i better give them a call, they told me the Birmingham show is a complete sell-out and that the concert is ON, i told the wench on the phone that they was a show on in Manchester on the same night, she then went to speak to her supervisor she said it's ok and there is 2 gigs on 1 night!

1 week later i looked on Ticketmaster and surprise surprise the Birmingham gig is cancelled,

People that have brought tickets for the Birmingham show need to contact ticketmaster, they say your birmingham tickets are valid but i wouldnt trust them,

Ticketmaster are amatuers