PDA

View Full Version : Follow the Leader.......

Visionz
03-05-2007, 07:02 PM
such a creative track by Rakim. What happened to that aspect in hip-hop? Wordplay has been advanced but the subject matter still revolves around the same ol' shit. Who do you think are today's more creative artist and what's a good track that shows this off?

Ozmosis
03-05-2007, 07:13 PM
Vakill - Monstaz Ink:Y

TAURO
03-05-2007, 07:26 PM
MF Doom

The entire album MM..Food

UNCLE RUCKUS
03-06-2007, 08:34 AM
MF Doom

The entire album MM..Food

Yeah Doom is the one of the most creative artists out there . The Roots are always pushing things forwardly as well; Id say C Rayz Walz is another leader check the Ravipops LP nd tracks like the Lineup or 3 Card Molly

Longbongcilvaringz
03-06-2007, 08:44 AM
gza - grandmasters album (numerous tracks)
binary star - masters of the universe album (numerous tracks)
one.be.lo - sonogram album (numerous tracks)

cap
03-06-2007, 09:06 AM
masta ace - cus he dropped 2 great concept albums : 'a long hot summer' & 'disposable arts' (i recently discovered a storyline on this album that i never noticed before....)

gza - no need to elaborate

and he deserves a mention.....kanyeezy west - he comes with alternative subject matter (who was rapping about jesus or diamond crimes before him??)

DJMethods
03-06-2007, 09:29 AM
J-Live - Whole "all Of The Above" album..

tracks where he shows it off most I'd say are "like this anna" (remember the old shit where they'd say "like this and a, like that and a"? just does that but fucks with pronounciation and makes a song about a girl)

Mcee - Second verse is dope as fuck.. Listen to words, and how things start with "M and C"

One For Griot - Tells a storyand switches the ending 3 times

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-06-2007, 09:33 AM
Prince Paul - A prince among theives
Kool Keith - Pretty much all of his albums have a different concept

WuGambino
03-06-2007, 11:21 AM
J-Live - Whole "all Of The Above" album..

tracks where he shows it off most I'd say are "like this anna" (remember the old shit where they'd say "like this and a, like that and a"? just does that but fucks with pronounciation and makes a song about a girl)

Mcee - Second verse is dope as fuck.. Listen to words, and how things start with "M and C"

One For Griot - Tells a storyand switches the ending 3 times:hooray: Big up J-Live!

The entire album is dope.