PDA

View Full Version : Havoc Talks About Lauryn Hill (and Mos Def)

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-06-2007, 09:58 AM
"The thing about Lauryn is, you didn't know if she rapped better or sang better. I can't pick one. When she spit, her flow, technique and lyrics you can't match it. It takes years to get a flow like that. You hear her delivery in somebody like Mos Def; his technique is ill. Back then, she was shutting down a lot of cats with her lyrical skill, and then she could sing on top of it. That's like some [very muscular] dude with a gun. He likes to fight and he can also shoot you, so you got to be scared of both! I remember living in North Carolina for like three months at the time they were hot, and we didn't play our own stuff all we would play is the Fugees, just bumping it and bumping it. Their sound was gritty, but they were universal.

"They were definitely a group that didn't care what everyone else was doing. They just were them, and you could tell they weren't trying to be different; they were different. They had a little bit of that Tribe Called Quest chill, but it was [mostly] them. I have a feeling they didn't compromise their sound. People search for hits, worry about spins and video play, but the Fugees were true artists."

Props 2 Hav, he summed it up perfect, she really was one of the greatest MCs of all time

TAURO
03-06-2007, 10:01 AM
You know Lauren Hill isn't dead, so you don't have to speak of her in a past tense.

TAURO
03-06-2007, 10:03 AM
Props to Hav for showing love to the Fugees, clearly he is more that what he potrays in his music.

Prolifical ENG
03-06-2007, 10:07 AM
Yeah, I always was fond of her being able to sing and be good at rapping too. Actually, a lot of those dudes that took the R&B route and can sing can rap too....just like Bobby Brown aka Flash B. ;D

36 Men in the Night
03-06-2007, 10:20 AM
she really was one of the greatest MCs of all time

She is still one of the greatest MC's!!!

Fugees: we all want a Reunion-LP!!!

Props for Hav!

J-DON
03-06-2007, 04:40 PM
One of the greatest emcees based off what?! her work on one group album?! Miseducation of Lauryn was mostly singing.

shes definately dope though dont get me wrong

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
03-06-2007, 04:45 PM
You know Lauren Hill isn't dead, so you don't have to speak of her in a past tense.
no, its just that she is wacked out now

Gawd
03-06-2007, 04:57 PM
havoc wears heart vests that look sweet.

CEITEDMOFO
03-06-2007, 06:52 PM
I Guess Having A Family Is Considered "wacked Out"

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-06-2007, 09:18 PM
Props to Hav for showing love to the Fugees, clearly he is more that what he potrays in his music.

Havoc is nothing what he portrays in his music, he and Prodigy were both enrolled at one of the most prestigious performing arts schools in the USA at young ages (the FAME school), so neither of them were out on the streets in any major way. Prodigy even admits this in an interview i saw. ITs just where theyre from, and Havoc's family relations on the street gave him respect.

TAURO
03-06-2007, 09:51 PM
^^I heard about them going to a performing arts school, but this doesn't take anything away from them in terms of street cred, just look at Tupac.

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-06-2007, 10:16 PM
As I said, Killa Black.

junius
03-07-2007, 12:35 AM
what, no "ya'na'mean?" or however the fuck we're spelling it these days from Havoc? i dig his words but they're funny too because it's clear both he & Prodigy make themselves seem much dumber than they are in Mobb Deep interviews. ya'll ever watch any of the Mobb dvds? (not the movie, "Murda Muzik," which Prodigy wrote & is really quite good). they're fucking retarded; Alchemist is a dumbass there too & his high school* was just a little fancier than H & P's...

* thought it was art & design (i'm forgetting the name right now), NOT performing arts (which is what "Fame is Based On" but i could be wrong.)

Bis Fan
03-07-2007, 01:16 AM
Havoc is nothing what he portrays in his music, he and Prodigy were both enrolled at one of the most prestigious performing arts schools in the USA at young ages (the FAME school), so neither of them were out on the streets in any major way. Prodigy even admits this in an interview i saw. ITs just where theyre from, and Havoc's family relations on the street gave him respect.

what's a performing art school got to do with them toting glocks

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-07-2007, 11:18 AM
* thought it was art & design (i'm forgetting the name right now), NOT performing arts (which is what "Fame is Based On" but i could be wrong.)

Nah that gets mixed up alot people say it was art & design sometimes but it really was P.A, someone needs to change the Wikipedia shit aswell they got it wrong

IronFingaz7
03-07-2007, 12:04 PM
what's a performing art school got to do with them toting glocks

Exactly, I know motherfuckers in college that hold burners and shit. Some people are mad intelligent but still into the streetlife. I use to be that way until I smartened up and shit.

P.E.A.C.E.

INF
03-07-2007, 12:31 PM
I Guess Having A Family Is Considered "wacked Out"

Heat Drops undercover jewels. Haha.

When I talk music with anybody and Lauryn comes up , you cant help but some it up like Havoc did if you really know what the deal is.

Crackspace
03-07-2007, 03:02 PM
piss test failed

INF
03-07-2007, 03:04 PM
damn

bloodyhookz
03-07-2007, 08:48 PM
Lauryn Hill could suck my big fat white dick, fuck her and I never felt her racist music anyways, I personally never liked Fugees, I felt their shit was whack from the beginning, Wyclef, Praz, Lauryn, they make a good combination in terms of whack, and as for Havoc going to college and peeps thinking he's soft, think what you wanna think, but you don't know him personally, so y'all are wrong anyways!

LHX
03-07-2007, 10:25 PM
ive always had a thing for Lauryn Hill

i dont think she would go for somebody like me tho