PDA

View Full Version : Hi-tek is soooooo...

rulazigzagziagallah
03-06-2007, 03:34 PM
overrated.

he is a subpar producer at best i have teh reflection eternal and blackstarr album and his production killed both for me. how can a pairing of talib kweli and mos def = a average album....? wack beats

he overstates his hi-hats has some rhythmeless drum patterns and somtimes no riffs or musical instrument or sample of anykind just a drum pattern loud hi-hats and a bass kick i hate loud hi-hats they are annoying they seldom work and his beats are not good at all to me!

if blackstar comes back plz be produced by someone else rza supremo anyone but hi-tek yuck

crass
03-06-2007, 03:38 PM
hi-tek was awesome in the blackstar/reflection eternal era. mainly blackstar cuz reflection eternal has some wack beats. but more hi-tek sucks. his beat for game's "runnin" is just fucking awful.

cap
03-06-2007, 04:00 PM
nah man i was about to give 'runnin' as an example of his dope work.
but yeah,he's not one of those producers that gets you anxious to hear their new beat on a rapper's song.
'memories live' off the reflection eternal album is one of my favourite trax of all time though.

11th Chamber
03-06-2007, 04:02 PM
Hi-Tek is a dope producer, there is no reason to hate on him

Visionz
03-06-2007, 04:02 PM
I dig alot of stuff Hi-tek stuff does, and Blackstar=.....?Average?!?....if you say so.......smh

morgan
03-06-2007, 04:03 PM
I have to disagree man, Blackstar and ESPECIALLY Reflection Eternal are especially good due to the backdrop Hi-Tek lays down. Each to there own man

dirty-minded
03-06-2007, 04:19 PM
^co-sign

Edgar Erebus
03-06-2007, 04:52 PM
hi-tek was awesome in the blackstar/reflection eternal era. mainly blackstar cuz reflection eternal has some wack beats. but more hi-tek sucks. his beat for game's "runnin" is just fucking awful.

And after that he dropped "Josephine" and proved he's still in form. Just leave him to do what he does, without pressuring him to do something thug (yeah 50 that's you) and he's one of the dopest currently in game.

crass
03-06-2007, 04:54 PM
nah man i was about to give 'runnin' as an example of his dope work.

no way dude. drums suck, beat is slow and repetitive as hell. doesn't hold a candle to his earlier more soulful work.

Rame
03-06-2007, 04:57 PM
I like 1 song of his new album, that's it

BRONZBODY
03-06-2007, 05:19 PM
wow...all i can say....

J-DON
03-06-2007, 05:35 PM
Runnin is awesome.

Hi Tek is good, id consider him dope even if i didnt like either Hi Teknologys and thought Blackstars production was kind of boring.

deadlymelody
03-06-2007, 06:13 PM
I think Hi Tek is really good.

White_Mouse
03-06-2007, 07:35 PM
I still think "Hi-Tek" is one of the best in the game...sure his high hats are overstated but i think they fit his beats well...i hardly noticed until i listened to the new album a couple of times.

CEITEDMOFO
03-06-2007, 07:47 PM
Hi-tek Is Ill, Even Made Some Kila Beats For Mood On The Doom Album
PEOPLE UNDER 100 POSTS SHOULDNT BE ALLOWED TO MAKE THREADS

L~>1<~NKS
03-06-2007, 09:52 PM
Hi Tek iz def up there in greatest hip hop producers of all time, sun. That "Josephine" track was sick on More Fish.

And that New York anthem was crazy.

He is not overated - matta facted I hardly hear his music in Miami.

Blastah
03-06-2007, 10:01 PM
I think Hi-Tek is a good producer, overrated though. He's not wack by any means but I don't think he's that dope either... Primo, RZA, Pete Rock, Dr. Dre, yes those are up there in the greatest Hiphop producers of all time, but not Hi-Tek.

The Game's "Runnin'" and D-12's "Just Like U" are 2 of my fav beats from him, very ill sh*t.

11th Chamber
03-06-2007, 10:03 PM
'Runnin' was hot as shit, shame to see people talk bad about that beat.

He really outdid him self with 'Josephine' too, that track was bananas

L~>1<~NKS
03-06-2007, 11:34 PM
[quote=Blastah;755417]I think Hi-Tek is a good producer, overrated though. He's not wack by any means but I don't think he's that dope either... Primo, RZA, Pete Rock, Dr. Dre, yes those are up there in the greatest Hiphop producers of all time, but not Hi-Tek.

I disugree, he should be up there....

Anyway, Im feelin' tha breas on that chess in your sig.