PDA

View Full Version : REDMAN's new ALBUM - "REDMAN GON' WILD"

L~>1<~NKS
03-06-2007, 07:46 PM
Have we forgotten bout this cat:

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/5995/redmancoverhy1.jpg (http://imageshack.us/)

In Stores Mar. 27, 2007

Banga... Straight Banga.

I had too listen to it a few times to get a good review.

Let me get the negative shit out the way first - I never want to here Socrateez mention his name again. And even though they are done better on this album - there are WAY TOO MANY RECYCLED BEATS!!!

On the positive side - there iz somethin here for uurbody. Beats, Lyrics, Skits, etc. Hardly any filler tracks and the best Soopaman Luva songs EVER!

And now mah review on a 5 star scale:

1 - Fire ****
Sets the pace for the album nicely - ill beat

2 - Bak In Da Buildin' ***
Just ok to me - I ain't feelin the beat and the hook gets redundant.

3 - Put It Down *****
Best track on the album IMO. Head Banger/Club Banga, illest beat, lyrically on point and def. catchy.

4 - Gimmie One **
Filler Track - Borin' beat, lyrically straight.

5 - Sumtn 4 Uurbody ****
I can dig this track, Im sure madd heads down here in Miami can dig this track. Hot beat (hella looped though). Chevy, donk ridin' through the beach music. The Gilla Hous niggaz iz just ight, but cause Redman's on it, I gave it 4 stars instead of 3.

6 - How U Like Dat ****
First recycled beat of the album. I recogonize it from How High. Lovin' it. Funky and Lycrical.

7 - Freestyle, Freestyle ****
Storch beat, but he came correct though. It's original and definite got that cipha session vibe to it. Red rips it.

8 - Walk in Gutta ****
Beats straight. Lyrics even better, but Keith Murry and Eric Sermon are def the highlights. Recycled hook - nostalgic.

9 - Wutchugonnado ****
I would give it a 5 but it's a recycled beat, Red's lyrics are jus ok. Better IMO, then the one the EPMD album. The R&B chick works well.
Lovin' this track.

10 - Diz Iz Brick City ****
Again I would've given it a 5 but it's a recycled beat (I don't recall from where - his first album?).
Always loved this beat though and Redman spits dirty over it. Excellent track.

11 - Rite Now *****
Catchy - Sermon killed the beat and hook, Al Green Sample iz cool. Red rips it. Funky, and sick - lovin' it.

12 - Blow Treez ***
Love the Marley sample. I can't stand the harmonica or the symbols!! But everything else werks. Another flavorful track for uurbody. Def smoke session joint. Mef is jus ok. That other dood is caca. Might all sound better high which Im sure iz the purpose.

13 - Pimp Nuts **
Filler track caca. Borin'... beats not THAT bad though.

14 - Hold this Blaow ****
Head Banga - looped beat (that gets better as the song progresses), break down on the hook iz sick, and it's got a kick to it. Red rips it.

15 - Get 'Em ***
Jesus, I mean the beats got an ill drum line but the fuckin' slot machine sound iz fuckin wit me. Red rips it. Socrateez iz garbage - annoyin' and you'll know why. everybody else is ok.

16 - Marry Jane ***
Not my flavor unless Im High as fuck. Nate kills it, flips the hook up plenty...Very West Coast. Snoop spits nothin' new. It's ight.

17 - Gilla House Check ***
Old track, but it's not bad. Red rips it. Beats cool. Im just tired of it, it's so old.

18/19 - Soopaman Lova (both tracks) *****
High light of the album. Great production. Red story tellin' nicley. The beats, and hooks are crazy on boff of them. Funky, catchy, easily the best Soopaman Luva comilatiopn ever. Hurrican G remain's annoyin to me, FUCK, but she does her thing lyrically. Lovin' these tracks!!!

20 - Suicide ****
Yet another head banger that tops off the album perfectly. Red rips it. Very clubby, but its cool and catchy. The only thing iz that it's got a breakdown to the beat that sounds a lil' too Cash Money. Besides that, hot outro.

Skits ****

OVERALL - ****

Best red I've heard since Blackout and Muddy Watters.
Money well spent. Hip Hop well made!!!

Support Redman!!!!

XmLrCjdRB6c

J8cj1tsNbcA

8LYWdlF5JkA

o15ORPwXErM

Dood stays funny but keeps it thorough and authentic - support Red yawl..

Tito_Para Enfrente
03-06-2007, 07:47 PM
its out already

DONT LIE DOG.. SO I CAN GO COP IT ,,

L~>1<~NKS
03-06-2007, 07:48 PM
its out already

DONT LIE DOG.. SO I CAN GO COP IT ,,

My fault - *EDITing now. Hold on I ain't done yet - ilike perfecting my thread makin craft.

Tito_Para Enfrente
03-06-2007, 07:54 PM
Wow,, Oh,,,,,, Ok

White_Mouse
03-06-2007, 08:00 PM
coolie...at a time i thought he was part of the Wu...that was when i first heard him with "Meth".

L~>1<~NKS
03-06-2007, 08:07 PM
Check out the 3rd and 4th vid - haha!

Kong
03-06-2007, 08:31 PM
what was the album like?

L~>1<~NKS
03-06-2007, 08:35 PM
what was the album like?

Uh Alex.... it's not out yet big dawg, notice the big bold release date on the first page......:yes:

Lil' Ruger
03-06-2007, 08:35 PM
its out aLREADY?!?!?!?!?!

EDIT: NVM

Kong
03-06-2007, 08:39 PM
Uh Alex.... it's not out yet big dawg, notice the big bold release date on the first page......:yes:

oh that mouser words post up there^ confused me.

TAURO
03-06-2007, 09:03 PM
I will always support Red because he keeps his shit raw, even when doing commercial shit.

brown_dogg
03-06-2007, 09:10 PM
here's the song produced by timbaland in case some of you haven't heard it yet. it's a pretty good track.

Redman - Put It Down
http://download.yousendit.com/EFDEB3043168C555

L~>1<~NKS
03-06-2007, 09:22 PM
here's the song produced by timbaland in case some of you haven't heard it yet. it's a pretty good track.

Redman - Put It Down
http://download.yousendit.com/EFDEB3043168C555

Yessss, part of the couple that I heard - sick track.

2L8Lit da croatianMC
03-07-2007, 01:13 PM
I'll get it when it gets out.. Red has high skills and charisma...fire inna hooole...

CITY ZEEKER
03-07-2007, 01:52 PM
Hahhahahahahahahaah I Love This Dood He Got Tht Raw Touch... Waiting For His Album Mos Definitely

UNCLE RUCKUS
03-07-2007, 04:11 PM
heres a hot freestyle Redman - Green Lantern Freestyle (http://www.zshare.net/audio/redman-freestyle-dj-green-lantern-3-6-07-mp3.html)
I will pick it up I always get Reds cds

L~>1<~NKS
03-08-2007, 09:46 AM
^^^ Hot shit.

L~>1<~NKS
03-22-2007, 10:20 AM

RynMur
03-22-2007, 02:49 PM
Just leaked

cap
03-22-2007, 03:12 PM
yo that track 'blow trees' with mef is fiyaaaah!
is that gonna be on the album??
check it on allhiphop.com

INF
03-22-2007, 03:14 PM
yeah, blow trees is on it. its tight I love that Marley song.

UNCLE RUCKUS
03-22-2007, 03:50 PM
thanks Cap DOPE track !

RynMur
03-22-2007, 03:58 PM

I'm not feeling it. Sounds like they from the south, they from new york!

Prolifical ENG
03-22-2007, 04:05 PM
A web rip was leaked yesterday...it has 3 extra tracks than whats on the amazon tracklist.

I dont think a scene release is out yet though/

Jin10304
03-22-2007, 04:31 PM
From Amazon:
1. Fire
2. Bak Inda Buildin
3. Put It Down
4. Gimmie One
5. F**k Ur Opinion (Skit)
6. Sumtn 4 Urrbody - Redman, , Saukrates
7. How U Like Dat - Gov-Mattic, Redman
8. Freestyle Freestyle
9. Walk in Gutta - Biz Markie, , Redman, Erick Sermon
10. Wutchoogonnado - Redman, Melanie Rutherford
11. Dis Iz Brick City
12. Rite Now
13. Blow Treez - Method Man, , Redman
14. Pimp Nutz
15. Mr. Ice Cream Man (Skit)
16. Hold Dis Blaow!
17. Get 'Em - Redman, Saukrates
18. Merry Jane - Nate Dogg, , Redman, Snoop Dogg
19. Gilla House Check
20. No Mo Soopaman Luva
21. Soopaman Luva
22. Soopaman Luva
23. Suicide

Thats the one I downloaded yesterday, so mine is official, no extra 3 tracks. I give it a 7.5/10

Prolifical ENG
03-22-2007, 04:39 PM
^^^

Looks like Amazon changed it.....before they only had up to track 20 listed.

KINGGS
03-22-2007, 04:40 PM
The Scene rip came out afew hours ago, its a pretty good album, would be way better if they took off about 5 tracks.

KINGGS
03-22-2007, 04:41 PM
I'm probably going to buy it btw

tical2000
03-23-2007, 12:49 AM
listened to the whole album once.....sounds pretty good, REDMAN is rappin hard for sure.....nice to have this nigga back in rap......

...sounds way better than MALPRACTICE

tical2000
03-23-2007, 01:39 AM
man this album is really dope.....some nice beats on this one, and REDMAN really brings some heat lyrically......

Nice to see someone rapping hard in 2007 and giving a shit about lyrics

the album feels like a 2007 sounding album without letting down Redman fans down.....REDMAN found a nice mix between old and new school on this one

a solid album, one of the better albums I have heard in a long time

UNCLE RUCKUS
03-23-2007, 07:07 AM
man this album is really dope.....some nice beats on this one, and REDMAN really brings some heat lyrically......

the album feels like a 2007 sounding album without letting down Redman fans down.....REDMAN found a nice mix between old and new school on this one

Good to hear that! Redman is my favorite MC and I got this pre-ordered. I honestly like everything I´ve heard so far, and the mixtape was dope too. Fuck it has been waaaaay too long in the making I am happy its seeing the light of day. Now if Def Jam can put out a new Slick Rick cd before he is in a home we´ll be set

oDoUoSoKo
03-23-2007, 07:47 AM
He reps wu more than ghost....eloels.......juan

Hayabusa
03-23-2007, 09:19 AM
can't wait to cop this bitch tuesday. i'm not gonna cheat and cheat myself by listenin to the leaked version. all i need to know is that its gonna be a good one. would be tight if the retail came with a DVD of red wildin out.

INF
03-23-2007, 09:27 AM
this is an album thats worth it to buy.

FrenchShin
03-23-2007, 09:51 AM
very good album.

only most of the people out there won't know, coz it's not full of that dirty south sound. it's raw Jersey stuff and it's good for me, coz that's what Red is about.

the guy can rap like if it was 1994. haha, who else can ?

CharlesJones
03-23-2007, 10:27 AM
Redman has a new mixtape i wanna get called Live From The Bricks. There's a lot of songs on it. I'm gonna peep Red Gone Wild album. The recent interviews i've been reading about Redman, he sounds smart and he isn't trying to change his style to sell records. I was disappointed in Blackout album though. That album should've been grimier and not commercial.

Jin10304
03-23-2007, 03:37 PM
Listened to it about 4 times already. I must say Imma little disappointed, it's above average for a Redman LP, he could of came harder. Lyrically hes def still there, but on some tracks IMO he suffers from a lil bit of that GZA syndrome where he isnt as hype as he usually is with his voice. To me only Sermon & Rockwilder know how to fuck with his vocals to make him sound nice like on one of my fav joints "How U Like Dat" showing the true funk Reggie is known for. His crew Gilla House is alright, picture another HouseGang/Northstar/T-Unit/Scramblers only with a Jersey twist, but they dont help the album. Another problem is his posse cuts with Gilla House "Sumtn 4 Urrbody" & "Get `Em", the beats both get repetitive REAL fast, if your gonna have a posse cut at least make the production a lil more interesting or switch up the beat at least. Theres some filler tracks on here too [Suicide, Pimp Nutz, Fire] that make the album lag as well. BUT there ARE bangers here no doubt, a ringing bell sped up vocal cut "Bak Inda Buildin'" follows the Timbo banga "Put It Down". Sermon came through with a few beats, I was impressed with Def Squad joint with Biz on the chorus "Walk In Gutta" & the funky Marvin Gaye [I believe] sampled "Rite Now", meh I think E also made Soopman Luva 6 but it was forgetable. "Blow Treez" is off putting to me, with that Southern-sounding chorus & harmonica in the backround, but I did enjoy Meth's verse. "Merry Jane" is cool with me, Nate killin hook like he always has. Wasn't impressed with the Pete Rock joint, hes done better recently, I had to add "Fuck The Security" & "Lets Go" to make the album better, bottom line RGWTA was solid effort, but let me down in a few areas, Muddy Waters 2 will hopefully be better

Tito_Para Enfrente
03-23-2007, 03:40 PM
dont burn it but is it worth getting,..

like say u were me..

would u buy it ?

V4D3R
03-23-2007, 03:56 PM
Mr. Ice Cream Man skit got me howlin right now

Marc051
03-23-2007, 04:38 PM
I heard the samples off Amazon and I'm dissapointed mainly by the beats. There's kind of a commerical southern vibe to it. It's not worse than his last 2 albums but not really what I wanted after waiting this long. If I see it in the store I might get it.

oDoUoSoKo
03-23-2007, 08:21 PM
^^^u shood be ashamed of ur self....beats are dopeness up the butt...this is a good redeemer for malpractice...and its full of all types of rap..(to please urrbody)....juan

rubyspirit
03-23-2007, 08:51 PM
Heard a couple of cuts...too hoodish.. no jewels.

Lil' Ruger
03-23-2007, 09:03 PM
Heard a couple of cuts...too hoodish.. no jewels.

dumb fuck.

Marc051
03-23-2007, 09:56 PM
I'm probably going to buy it but I'm just not really impressed. At least the cover looks dope

rubyspirit
03-23-2007, 10:30 PM
dumb fuck.
Yo momma.

Lil' Ruger
03-23-2007, 10:33 PM
Yo momma.

nice comback fucking retarded bottom feeding wench.

Scáth Bán
03-25-2007, 11:56 AM
Why does Redman seem to rep Wu-Tang in his new album more than any members actually in the wu-fam?

oDoUoSoKo
03-25-2007, 11:59 AM
He reps wu more than ghost....eloels.......juan

Why does Redman seem to rep Wu-Tang in his new album more than any members actually in the wu-fam?
beat you to it asshole. eloels....juan.

murkoutz
03-25-2007, 12:04 PM
put it down is my new theme

Scáth Bán
03-25-2007, 04:08 PM
beat you to it asshole. eloels....juan.

Didn't see that, your posts must be slipping through tha cracks.

zeppelin2k
03-25-2007, 07:00 PM
cant wait til the video drops

The Ghost
03-25-2007, 07:07 PM
Redman is nice can't wait til Tuesday

drippie k
03-25-2007, 08:56 PM
i heard a few songs and the samples on amazon and i am def. feelin what i heard and i am sooo gonna cop this on tuesday...this is what malpractice shoulda sounded like and im lovin the heavy bass used on the songs...now i cant wait till muddy waters 2

Jin10304
03-25-2007, 10:59 PM

naw Method did a good job of that on 421

chiba
03-26-2007, 05:22 PM
Red wont disapoint with this one
it wont be a classic but it will be a good album that will be slept on
it might go gold

L~>1<~NKS
03-26-2007, 07:39 PM
Support Reggie Noble.

Tito_Para Enfrente
03-27-2007, 01:18 AM
tomorrow..

L~>1<~NKS
03-27-2007, 12:15 PM
Album copped - Im up to track 8 and wantin' to rewind every track execpt "Bak inda Bulidin'" (just ight).

So far I give it a FIYAH rating!!!

Jesus Christ he used the same beat from How High on track 7 "How u like dat" to perfection.

Stay tuned for a full review.

oldie
03-27-2007, 01:04 PM
its out, i copped, not worth waiting the years for, a few bangas, "mr.ice cream man" is probably one of the worst skits i ever heard!

overall after a few listens - 2.5-3/5

x7fifteen4
03-27-2007, 05:03 PM
Overall I am impressed. Redman definitely comes lyrically savvy with nice flows. Some beats on the album are nice, others not so much. But even on the beats that aren't so nice, Red still rips shit.

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
03-27-2007, 05:15 PM
^^^^ like the Scott scorch beat is wack impersonation of timberland doing a Missy track

this album is getting hate but I agree, its fun

L~>1<~NKS
03-27-2007, 07:10 PM
Damn, I didn't realize Storch produced "Freestyle, Freestyle"
It fit sthe song nicely though - and Im not a Storch fan @ all.

Anyway Timbs beat > Storch beat in this album.

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
03-27-2007, 09:23 PM
so far its reminding me of doc 2000

gotta finish listenin to give a full opinion

TheSupremeSwordwielder
03-28-2007, 08:58 AM

I have to agree with this. For the most part, I'm through with comparing albums...Muddy Waters was his best work in my opinion, but I'm not expecting him to top that. I think that's why so many people find themselves disappointed in albums, they're always comparing it. I can't get mad at that, but at the end of the day it should be about the body of music the artist is presenting you with NOW. From now on, I'm going to (try as hard as possible) judge the music by itself. It's a good, Redman album: Dope lyrics, funky beats (even the southern sounding beats are "funky" in their own way)...good shit, I like it!!!!

WestsideAssassin
03-28-2007, 10:46 AM
its out, i copped, not worth waiting the years for, a few bangas, "mr.ice cream man" is probably one of the worst skits i ever heard!

overall after a few listens - 2.5-3/5

IF ur Hull's #1 hip hop fan it must be a shit place to live. REd Gone Wild is a dope ass album and Mr. ice cream man had me rolling..lol "Aint no one in your family can whoop me" haha i luv that part..
i call it a 4 4.5 outa 5.

CYENCE
03-28-2007, 10:53 AM
Ice Cream Man is classic skit
I think the whole album is dope, only problem i have is it's too long. But I guess Red was tryna make up for 6 years without an album

And Red said Muddy Waters 2 is coming out later this year and he's tryna recapture that sound, he says it's his best album. It's gonna be for the hardcore Redman heads and he only selling like 50,000 copies.

Rame
03-28-2007, 02:31 PM
Didn't really like it when I first heard it, most of the beats sound wack

I'll listen again soon

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
03-28-2007, 09:34 PM
IF ur Hull's #1 hip hop fan it must be a shit place to live.

hahahahahahahahahahahaahaha...................whaa hahahahahahaha

thing is - it IS a shit place to live

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
03-28-2007, 09:36 PM
Damn, I didn't realize Storch produced "Freestyle, Freestyle"
It fit sthe song nicely though - and Im not a Storch fan @ all.

Anyway Timbs beat > Storch beat in this album.

I am starting to like the storch beat................................ grumble

baby jesus
03-28-2007, 10:20 PM
I Bought This Album Yesterday It's Ill. Def Way Better Then Malpractice Which I Know Aint Sayin Much But It's Gotta A Lot Of Energy To It.

P-Noid Brown
03-28-2007, 11:18 PM
Fuck Wit Ya'll Talkin Bout This Is Red's Hardest Album Since Muddy Waters... Good Fuckin Job Red!!! 5/5 The Album Is Damn Near Flawless And Red's Got Alot To Say To Alot Of Bitch Ass Niggas With That Faggot Rap. Red Gone Wild Is A Great Fuckin Album...get High Then Appreciate The Album!!! The Album Is A Classick Album!!!

CID DIGITAL
03-28-2007, 11:42 PM
Thats what I'm sayin^

P-Noid Brown
03-29-2007, 12:59 AM
<object width="448" height="374"><param name="movie" value="http://videos.onsmash.com/e/cqnBjiAYk2Glbk2d"></param><embed src="http://videos.onsmash.com/e/cqnBjiAYk2Glbk2d" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="448" height="374"></embed></object>

L~>1<~NKS
03-29-2007, 09:24 PM
Banga... Straight Banga.

I had too listen to it a few times to get a good review.

Let me get the negative shit out the way first - I never want to here Socrateez mention his name again. And even though they are done better on this album - there are WAY TOO MANY RECYCLED BEATS!!!

On the positive side - there iz somethin here for uurbody. Beats, Lyrics, Skits, etc. Hardly any filler tracks and the best Soopaman Luva songs EVER!

And now mah review on a 5 star scale:

1 - Fire ****
Sets the pace for the album nicely - ill beat

2 - Bak In Da Buildin' ***
Just ok to me - I ain't feelin the beat and the hook gets redundant.

3 - Put It Down *****
Best track on the album IMO. Head Banger/Club Banga, illest beat, lyrically on point and def. catchy.

4 - Gimmie One **
Filler Track - Borin' beat, lyrically straight.

5 - Sumtn 4 Uurbody ****
I can dig this track, Im sure madd heads down here in Miami can dig this track. Hot beat (hella looped though). Chevy, donk ridin' through the beach music. The Gilla Hous niggaz iz just ight, but cause Redman's on it, I gave it 4 stars instead of 3.

6 - How U Like Dat ****
First recycled beat of the album. I recogonize it from How High. Lovin' it. Funky and Lycrical.

7 - Freestyle, Freestyle ****
Storch beat, but he came correct though. It's original and definite got that cipha session vibe to it. Red rips it.

8 - Walk in Gutta ****
Beats straight. Lyrics even better, but Keith Murry and Eric Sermon are def the highlights. Recycled hook - nostalgic.

9 - Wutchugonnado ****
I would give it a 5 but it's a recycled beat, Red's lyrics are jus ok. Better IMO, then the one the EPMD album. The R&B chick works well.
Lovin' this track.

10 - Diz Iz Brick City ****
Again I would've given it a 5 but it's a recycled beat (I don't recall from where - his first album?).
Always loved this beat though and Redman spits dirty over it. Excellent track.

11 - Rite Now *****
Catchy - Sermon killed the beat and hook, Al Green Sample iz cool. Red rips it. Funky, and sick - lovin' it.

12 - Blow Treez ***
Love the Marley sample. I can't stand the harmonica or the symbols!! But everything else werks. Another flavorful track for uurbody. Def smoke session joint. Mef is jus ok. That other dood is caca. Might all sound better high which Im sure iz the purpose.

13 - Pimp Nuts **
Filler track caca. Borin'... beats not THAT bad though.

14 - Hold this Blaow ****
Head Banga - looped beat (that gets better as the song progresses), break down on the hook iz sick, and it's got a kick to it. Red rips it.

15 - Get 'Em ***
Jesus, I mean the beats got an ill drum line but the fuckin' slot machine sound iz fuckin wit me. Red rips it. Socrateez iz garbage - annoyin' and you'll know why. everybody else is ok.

16 - Marry Jane ***
Not my flavor unless Im High as fuck. Nate kills it, flips the hook up plenty...Very West Coast. Snoop spits nothin' new. It's ight.

17 - Gilla House Check ***
Old track, but it's not bad. Red rips it. Beats cool. Im just tired of it, it's so old.

18/19 - Soopaman Lova (both tracks) *****
High light of the album. Great production. Red story tellin' nicley. The beats, and hooks are crazy on boff of them. Funky, catchy, easily the best Soopaman Luva comilatiopn ever. Hurrican G remain's annoyin to me, FUCK, but she does her thing lyrically. Lovin' these tracks!!!

20 - Suicide ****
Yet another head banger that tops off the album perfectly. Red rips it. Very clubby, but its cool and catchy. The only thing iz that it's got a breakdown to the beat that sounds a lil' too Cash Money. Besides that, hot outro.

Skits ****

OVERALL - ****

Best red I've heard since Blackout and Muddy Watters.
Money well spent. Hip Hop well made!!!

Support Redman!!!!

P-Noid Brown
03-30-2007, 08:41 AM
Links U Mah Nigga But How Can U Give Back In The Building 3 Starz? Thas A 5 Home Slice, Pimp Nutz Gotta Be Atleast A 4. Blow Trees Is Off The Chain. Gimme One?!? Wit Pete Rock.... Are U Crazy Thas Soooo Classick Right There.... On Some Ol 92 Shit...thas What We Been Waiting For...otherwise Ya Review Is Pretty Accurate. Brick City And Whutchugondoo Should Be 5's Because They Are Dope Re-used Sample Or Not.... And Dis Is Brick City Is From Fat Joe And Saigon Used That Sample....red's Is The Best Though.lol

TheSupremeSwordwielder
03-30-2007, 09:05 AM
Yo..."Gimmie One" is fuckin' ILL!!!! I left my comments before, but...damn that shit is so hott, my fav. track on the LP at the moment...

L~>1<~NKS
03-30-2007, 06:25 PM
^^^ Nah it's a 4 for me G'. I mean, I feel the whole nostolgicness with the beats but that's jus too many recycled beats for one album IMO.

I was sober when I reviewed this and I'm stand in' by mah ratin' - I gotta keep it authentic and thorough - this album would most likely be given a 5 If I was high or even tore up drunk. I mean there are cuts on there that are done specifically for smoke sessions and such - like Blow Treez.

Anyway support REDMAN GOT DAMN IT!!!

Hayabusa
03-30-2007, 11:05 PM
That Ice Cream Man Skit is so fuckin insane... I almost wrecked because I was almost rollin laughin while I was drivin when it turned into a stick up that shit was so classic and vintage redman i was like where the fuck is the skit where somebody gets robbed. for some reason that shit caught me off guard as hell LOL...

JackTrippa718JR
03-31-2007, 02:06 AM
Redman Is Back!!! He Has To Be The Most Consistant Rapper In The Game. He Drops Nothing But Classic Albums. Red Gone Wild Is Another Classic To Add To The Redman Collection. This Has Not Left My Cd Changer Since Tuesday I Just Keep Playing It Over And Over Again From Beginning To End.

oldie
03-31-2007, 10:21 PM
IF ur Hull's #1 hip hop fan it must be a shit place to live. REd Gone Wild is a dope ass album and Mr. ice cream man had me rolling..lol "Aint no one in your family can whoop me" haha i luv that part..
i call it a 4 4.5 outa 5.

now what the fuck has me living Hull gotta do with the sound of an album, no matter where i was living, the album still wouldnt sound great.

im saying, Red can come better than this album, its too much like Malpractice, now thats an aight album but i'd rather him come out with something more 'Whut Thee Album' or 'Muddy Waters' n shit. i think its the beats that threw me off, for the most they aint the best pick, but like i said - a few certified bangers. 'Gilla House Check' been one of 'em off tha top of my head, cos that songs real old.

'Mr.Ice Cream Man' was just fuckin stupid IMO, sounds horrible too.

Bigot Hitman
04-04-2007, 03:41 PM
My fav. tracks on it are

1. Right now - great al green sample

2. Gimme one- pete rock has the best beat on the album

3. Hold dis blaow- biggie influenced every rapper alive

4.The soopaman story songs

5. and Blow treez, the beat carries the lyrics

AcidPhosphate69
04-04-2007, 06:11 PM
Just bought it today. Dope album in my opinion. You can nitpick it all you want but it's still straight fire.

Katie
04-04-2007, 06:29 PM
Dope album in my opinion. You can nitpick it all you want but it's still straight fire.

Too True

rubyspirit
04-04-2007, 11:29 PM
I saw the first week numbers. Redman outsold Lil Flip. Yeah!

Kenny Powers
04-05-2007, 12:00 AM
46,000 albums sold. I guess thats what happens when def jam doesnt promote you at all (no apperances/video), average hip hop fans dont even know about the cd. Its a sad day when MIMS (a faggot) sells 30,000 more cd's than Redman (a true legend).

L~>1<~NKS
04-06-2007, 03:44 PM
4LXQS30WeI4

New video - Put it Down

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
04-06-2007, 08:34 PM
lol cheep ass video

great track tho

Analyze
04-09-2007, 12:33 AM
Nice, Muddy Waters type!

TeknicelStylez
04-13-2007, 01:44 PM
46,000 albums sold. I guess thats what happens when def jam doesnt promote you at all (no apperances/video), average hip hop fans dont even know about the cd. Its a sad day when MIMS (a faggot) sells 30,000 more cd's than Redman (a true legend).

True story, I had niggaz in brick city like, "Yo the new redman came out are you serious???"

My joints are "Diz is Brick City" and "Gilla House Check"

I think you gotta be from jersey to appreciate that Brick anthem

The Ghost
04-13-2007, 01:49 PM
Yeah I'm the only one out of all my friends down here who understand that song

drippie k
04-13-2007, 01:58 PM
Pimp Nutz is my SHIT!!

L~>1<~NKS
04-13-2007, 02:02 PM

L~>1<~NKS
04-13-2007, 02:03 PM
True story, I had niggaz in brick city like, "Yo the new redman came out are you serious???"

My joints are "Diz is Brick City"

I could appreciate that cut - even though the beats recycled, that's really what drew me into it. I would much rather listen to Red on it then Fat Joe.

I actually rewind it several times.

Hollow Dartz
04-13-2007, 02:45 PM
Basic Review

1) Fire - 4/5 Nice Intro

2) Bak Inda Buildin 4/5 Good shit

3) Put It Down 4/5 Definteley bang this in ya whip

4) Gimmie One 4.5/5 Top 5 on album

5) Skit

6) Sumtn 4 Urrbody 3.5/5 Nice beat wack lyrics

7) How U Like Dat 3.5/5 aiiiight

8) Freestyle 3.5/5 too long, timbaland beats scott storch

9) Walk In Gutta 4.5/5 This my shit, top 5 on album

10) Wutchaooganodoo 4/5 good

11) Diz Is Brick City 4.5/5 Pretty good top 5 on album

12) Rite Now 4/5 I like this shit

13) Blow Treez 4.5/5 Could be next single Top 5 on album

14) Pimp Nutz 3.5/5

15) Mr. Ice Cream Man - skit lol

16) Hold Dis' Blow 4/5 Boarder Line Mediocore

17) Get 'em - 3.5/5 Skippable

18) Merry Jane - 3/5 Kinda Weak

19) Gilla House Check 4.5/5 Hot shit top 5 on album

20) No Mo SoopaMan Luva - skit

21) SoopaMan Luva - 3.5/5 Remove Hurricane G

22) SoopMan Luva - 4/5 Beat is hot, should've removed Hurricane G

23) Suicide - 3.5/5 Skippable

Overall 4/5.

RynMur
04-13-2007, 11:37 PM
Best Songs
Fire
Back In Da Buildin
Put It Down
Gimme One
Walk In Gutta
Dis Is Brick City
Rite Now (Fav Track)
Blow Treez (Grown On Me)
Soopaman Luva

Overall Grade: B+

L~>1<~NKS
05-01-2007, 09:18 PM
http://www.sohh.com/film/channel/sohh-tv/index.php?bcpid=376530222&bclid=440748065&bctid=686989287

Dokuro
05-01-2007, 09:35 PM
4.275/5 thats what it avriges out to you fuckin idiot ps i agree

UNCLE RUCKUS
05-02-2007, 11:43 AM
I ordered this shit ages ago still fucking waiting damnit

brown_dogg
05-02-2007, 01:13 PM
Albums great!!! All the songs are listenable except for I think two or three. I was hoping he'd come off better lyrically, but it was decent.