PDA

View Full Version : Night and Day

INF
03-06-2007, 07:51 PM
Got a new one today called "Night and Day".

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=653659

This track is under construction. There is some piano parts and a few other ingredients(effects) for it but I wanted to post it bare , like it is right now , and see what ya'll think.

I would appreciate some feedback one this one cuz I'm still building it. Let me know what might sound good and I'll look into it. I'm tryin to develop a sound that is original but at the same time will catch an ear or two.

Peace.

Lil' Ruger
03-06-2007, 10:49 PM
i dont like it why are those little song snippets randomly coming in???

i like the drums at first there good but the end part of it i dont like the quick duh duh duh. but yea...

EAGLE EYE
03-06-2007, 10:52 PM
Its making my head feel dizzy and shit. It doesnt sound like anything hip hop but it would fit in perfectly to a soundtrack for a movie like Requiem for a Dream.

destrucreate
03-06-2007, 11:59 PM
shouldn't really comment on others comments....ain't brushing your thoughts or nothin but there's a lot of branches to hip hop and you know, you'll feel what you feel.
anyhow.....
that caught me by surprise. the hella edgy snippets gave my body slight ticking sensations, oooooooooooohhh, ooooooh, oooh.
respect

EAGLE EYE
03-07-2007, 12:03 AM
could this be classified as trip-hop?

ClymaX
03-07-2007, 01:27 AM
this really is a crazy one but not bad tho.. could have been chopped better. It has some kind of a Cypress Hill vibe in it, correct me if i'm wrong.

Bloo
03-07-2007, 02:34 AM
I have to agree with Robby, this is kinda trip hoppy to me. Not bad though, the drums are tight. I give it a 7/10

INF
03-07-2007, 03:26 AM
Thanks to ya'll that took a listen and hit me back.

Now Check this out.

I posted a newer version of the track. It has some of the extras that I was talking about earlier.

The new version is called "Inbetween Night and Day"

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=653659

Let Me know what ya'll think now. btw , the track still isnt brought to you in finished form. I have one more step.

Visionz
03-07-2007, 04:35 AM
Nice concepts at work but think you could chop it better, not really feeling the drums, they don't ever let ya' get to where you're noddin your head to it. keep at it though, peace

INF
03-07-2007, 12:09 PM
Thanks E.

I think I'm gonna just take the drums out completely and start new drums from scratch.

I like these drums. I can hear the way they go cuz I chopped em. I know what I was trying to build. It seems though , other ppls cant really hear the drum cadence that I am going for cuz I dont have them standing out enough. I guess.

My girl has listened to this piece since it started and thats been her only concern. At first she could tell about them guitar chops, but after I accented them with other sounds(i.e. piano and effects) she was with it. The drums kept gettin her.

I set the tempo at the intro of the song so you should know how your head is supoosed to bob if you need to bob it. I got some lurch tempo on this shit so its a slow steady but at the same time its hyped because of the quickness of the guit chops.

Its all how you hear it though. I got what I needed outta this thread though way more than if everybody woulda just came in and told me that the track was good or didnt even comment.

Thanks again.

LORD ZERO
03-07-2007, 02:11 PM
Peace Infinity, I Like Da 2nd Version Alot, This Is Some Really Trippy Shit To Smoke Outta Ya Mind Too, Sound Like Some Hip Hop Country Western Ost Shit Lol Real Talk Fam, Very Original Style U Got Goin Here

Keep It Comin Fam!
P.e.a.c.e.
-z-

UNCLE RUCKUS
03-07-2007, 02:55 PM
The second version is really good I agree with Lord Zero. What are you using to make these?

INF
03-07-2007, 02:58 PM
Thanks LZ and kwu.

How do I make them? I just follow my nose.

lol

I use Fruity Loops.

UNCLE RUCKUS
03-07-2007, 03:19 PM
yeah haha thats what i thought i use fruity loops as well, Good work
"and bits" is cool too

tekunique
03-07-2007, 09:06 PM
good stuff man ~ innovative sounds right there.... unorthodox kid.... nice samples and mindfuck sequencing of snippets, it keeps you guessing... since its a ruff cut, work on consistent flow of the track and focus on the bassline a bit more.. the rif that ends with the track is my fav. sample, i think you can build with that sound a little more... listen to DJ Shadow's Endtroducing... shit'll give you mad inspirations..lol peace kid...

INF
03-07-2007, 09:10 PM
Thanks Tek. Thats cool that you recommended a Shadow album cuz I been in a debate with myself on what material I should check out from him. I heard some shit a way long time ago by DJ shadow but I forgot what it was by now. Thanks for the heads up.

You right as well about the bass line cuz I was thinkin that exact same thing to myself.

Thanks for takin a listen.

bass31
03-07-2007, 10:38 PM
i thought this shit was pretty dope, sure it's nothin you'll ever hear on the radio because of the pure originality, but it's good nonetheless. i just think it would sound better if you reverbed those sample cuts. also you gotta fix that kick on the fill, it's probably blowin speakers right now :O

INF
03-08-2007, 03:09 PM
I need to know how to apply the fruity reverb and other effects to the sampled channels that I make. I know how to do that in Protools but I dont even use Protools.

I got miles to go. Thanks for the feedback though bass31.

Complex
03-08-2007, 07:32 PM
Peace.. Peepin now, pretty bugged out ish right here fam, I like the cuts.. makes it original..

Keep it up