PDA

View Full Version : I slept on The Ownerz

Prolifical ENG
03-06-2007, 08:14 PM
I don't exactly know why I did. I heard all the Gangstarr albums and I still remember in 2003 when it came out. But I don't know...maybe at that time too much weak shit was coming out. But on the other hand as I look back, 2003 a lot of good records were released...possibly one of the best years of the new millennium. It was a lot of money in the stores at the time....or maybe it was because I heard so many good rappers/groups turn shit, I was afraid to hear Gangstarr fall too.

A few weeks ago I decided to give the group of a long solid discography hope form their consistency. It was just one of those times I was in the Gangstarr mood. I downloaded the mp3s then shortly after bought it.

Speaking of consistent catalogs, I slept on Bulletproof Wallets. I think I just never seen it in the Ghostface section in the store until I went to a used CD store. I hardly remember that one being released....I think I didn't have much cash at the time. I even bought Pretty Toney on its release dayand liked it while many consider that one a sub par one. So yes...I was impressed with BW. Should I have my WTC modship provoked?

Which albums did you regret sleeping on?

Razorsharp
03-06-2007, 08:25 PM
I slept on La The Darkman awhile back
also Cannibal Ox

yeah... The Ownerz is an ILL cd... last from the dynamic Duo... shiiiit... i hope they drop one more... for me!!! :D

itz ok Profilic ENG... i forgive you... :D we all make mistakes haha... "P"

Kong
03-06-2007, 08:29 PM
The ownerz was the shit, I used to play it all the time, I need to play that again.

eVoL
03-06-2007, 08:40 PM
I wish that Smiley track on The Ownerz was longer. Dude has an ILL flow..

TAURO
03-06-2007, 08:49 PM
We all make those mistakes from time to time, I too am guilty of sleeping on some great albums, it takes time though with newer releases coming to always go through the back catalogues.

Prolifical ENG
03-06-2007, 09:14 PM
We all make those mistakes from time to time, I too am guilty of sleeping on some great albums, it takes time though with newer releases coming to always go through the back catalogues.

yeah sometimes its pricey to buy a major release 2 years later from a retail store when the prices pretty much double when they only have them in the A-Z artist bins. New releases are cheaper.

At that time I just hunt for the used ones for under 10 bucks.

TAURO
03-06-2007, 09:53 PM
^^buy your shit online dude, it's the only way to get the older shit cheap.

Prolifical ENG
03-06-2007, 09:56 PM
^^^

yeah I need to get an amazon account for free shipping or else its pretty much the same price again

TAURO
03-06-2007, 10:00 PM
I always forget that because the pound is higher than the dollar, I can get shit cheaper because I import from the US. You unfortunatley don't have that option. I would still shop online though, just browse different sites and you should come across some good deals.

Razorsharp
03-06-2007, 10:07 PM
^^buy your shit online dude, it's the only way to get the older shit cheap.

not always true... La The Darkman is still 40 bucks online |(

TAURO
03-06-2007, 10:16 PM

Thats true but thats an album thats been deleted which is why it's more expensive.

LHX
03-06-2007, 11:38 PM
I don't exactly know why I did. I heard all the Gangstarr albums and I still remember in 2003 when it came out. But I don't know...maybe at that time too much weak shit was coming out. But on the other hand as I look back, 2003 a lot of good records were released...possibly one of the best years of the new millennium. It was a lot of money in the stores at the time....or maybe it was because I heard so many good rappers/groups turn shit, I was afraid to hear Gangstarr fall too.

A few weeks ago I decided to give the group of a long solid discography hope form their consistency. It was just one of those times I was in the Gangstarr mood. I downloaded the mp3s then shortly after bought it.

Speaking of consistent catalogs, I slept on Bulletproof Wallets. I think I just never seen it in the Ghostface section in the store until I went to a used CD store. I hardly remember that one being released....I think I didn't have much cash at the time. I even bought Pretty Toney on its release dayand liked it while many consider that one a sub par one. So yes...I was impressed with BW. Should I have my WTC modship provoked?

Which albums did you regret sleeping on?
Ban

no but srsly

Wallets and Ownerz both got mad spins from me

i dont know how you missed wallets

HMV was selling it for like 6 bucks for a few months in early 2002 they had so many copies of it

i slept on:
Kool G Rap
Brand Nubian

thats all i can think of off the top of my head

prolly still sleepin on some shit

cap
03-07-2007, 09:47 AM

is that so??
well im bout to blow your mind then cus im about to cop it for 5 hahaha
and im not saying which site,you shark ass mofo's muhahahahaha....

Razorsharp
03-07-2007, 09:52 AM
is that so??
well im bout to blow your mind then cus im about to cop it for 5 hahaha
and im not saying which site,you shark ass mofo's muhahahahaha....

thats cold man...

Cap is no longer on the cool list...:W

TAURO
03-07-2007, 09:55 AM
Razor if you go to amazon.co.uk they are selling it there for a reasonable price, although they are used copies.

Prolifical ENG
03-07-2007, 10:08 AM
I always forget that because the pound is higher than the dollar, I can get shit cheaper because I import from the US. You unfortunatley don't have that option. I would still shop online though, just browse different sites and you should come across some good deals.

I forgot that you live in the UK, of course shopping for CDs online is better for you...most CDs especially hip-hop are expensive over there (or so I heard). Nah stores are better and where I live there are good hip-hop catologues in stores except if its like MF Doom for $28 CDN :p

If I can go into a store and but an album for under $12 CDN then it is good, and $5 for used ones that people pay retarded amounts for online just because they are OOP.

Razorsharp
03-07-2007, 10:13 AM
Razor if you go to amazon.co.uk they are selling it there for a reasonable price, although they are used copies.

i want a new copy... and uk?? isnt that shipping like 982980928209?!?!?:nonono:

TAURO
03-07-2007, 10:21 AM
i want a new copy... and uk?? isnt that shipping like 982980928209?!?!?:nonono:

Good luck getting a new copy for a cheap price, but nah they do have international shipping at amazon.co.uk.

OTB
03-07-2007, 01:34 PM
i still havent heard 'hip hop iz dead' yet-
i heard 3 or 4 joints on it but
i'm waiting to buy it uzed
nas iz one of my favorites but i guess i almost feel if
youve heard one nas cd youve heard them all in the last few yearz

famenchuan
03-07-2007, 03:19 PM
Thats true but thats an album thats been deleted which is why it's more expensive.

Got two copies for $25 each.