PDA

View Full Version : much respect to GANGSTARR

THE W
07-20-2005, 11:31 AM
gotta give props to these cats for keeping it real as long as they have. they have been a beaken for real hiphop ever since they came through. while all other real hiphop artists and groups have caved in to the bullshit thats going on today(coughwutangcough), gangstarr has been steadfast and faithful to keeping it raw.

they are an example of the fact that you DO have choice in what music you want to make. real hiphop will never sell the multi millions that commercial rap will, but there is still a audience out there for it and artists CAN choose to make music for them. if we ever want to see real hiphop have more commercial success, then we need to represent and fight the good fight to restore real hiphop's relevency along side commercial rap.

gangstarr havent sold a lot of records but they're fighting the fight that is gonna bring about change in the game. you gotta have plan and you gotta stick to it. you gotta stand for something and gangstarr stands for real, rugged and raw hiphop.

MADD love and props to gangstarr for holding the torch for the underground.

bringoutthegimp
07-20-2005, 11:33 AM
you know gang starr split up right?

THE W
07-20-2005, 11:37 AM
no i didnt...guru and premier arent gonna make anymore music together?

Definitive X
07-20-2005, 11:39 AM
Until Guru or Premo say something, I'm not gonna believe that shit...give me something to run with, gimp...

36chambers
07-20-2005, 11:39 AM
Thats BS, i wont believe it until i see a press conference or see it come from there own mouths

Definitive X
07-20-2005, 11:40 AM
^^^What did I just say?

36chambers
07-20-2005, 11:42 AM
Until Guru or Premo say something, I'm not gonna believe that shit...give me something to run with, gimp...
exactly. this has happened before but then the ownerz dropped.

someone
07-20-2005, 11:43 AM
on www.gurugangstarr.com (http://www.gurugangstarr.com) there is a statement saying they aren't gonna work together musically anymore.

THE W
well since he's not responding i guess he has nothing.

anyway,

wu-tang needs to take page from these guys. i think gangstarr had like one gold record and they didnt go and change there whole shit after that, they kept it true to their roots. we need more like gangstarr if we want the game to change.

Definitive X
The only problem these two have had was Guru's drinking...they didn't really clash over anything else...

bringoutthegimp
07-20-2005, 11:47 AM
it was on gurus site

THE W
07-20-2005, 11:51 AM
on www.gurugangstarr.com (http://www.gurugangstarr.com) there is a statement saying they aren't gonna work together musically anymore.
well i guess its true, they did split up. record labels kept bullshittin them.

they will surely be missed as group. all these underground groups hollerin "we keep it real" need to look at these guys and see that you gotta pay your dues and its take time. dont go for the quick fix and sell out cuz then you fuck up the balance of real and commercial.

36chambers
07-20-2005, 11:51 AM
on www.gurugangstarr.com (http://www.gurugangstarr.com/) there is a statement saying they aren't gonna work together musically anymore.
show me?

All i see on that site is that Premier and Guru are busy with solo projects for a few years and they WILL come back with another GANGSTARR album. I cant copy and paste but click on news and go like half way down.

Definitive X
07-20-2005, 11:52 AM
THANK YOU! It's B.I. vs. Friendship...hopefully, the latter wins over the former...

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
07-20-2005, 11:52 AM
i'm surprised ya'll didn't know Gangstarr broke up.........get the J-Love mixtape tho, that's got some of the best shit they had and some unreleased classics........one of my favorite J-Love mixtapes

bringoutthegimp
07-20-2005, 11:53 AM
i cant find it just now but do a search for "gangstarr broke up" or some shit, theres tons of shit on it

Definitive X
07-20-2005, 11:54 AM
i'm surprised ya'll didn't know Gangstarr broke up.........get the J-Love mixtape tho, that's got some of the best shit they had and some unreleased classics........one of my favorite J-Love mixtapes I know people are saying it, I just don't believe it...

someone
07-20-2005, 11:56 AM
show me?

All i see on that site is that Premier and Guru are busy with solo projects for a few years and they WILL come back with another GANGSTARR album. I cant copy and paste but click on news and go like half way down.

Scolling down in the news section is going to older news.Most recent news is always the news on top.

36chambers
07-20-2005, 11:57 AM
http://img289.imageshack.us/img289/8343/gang6tm.jpg

Peace.

THE W
07-20-2005, 12:00 PM
after seven ground-breaking albums, Gangstarr called it quits last year as Guru and DJ Premier decided to go seperate routs creatively after having grown tired of bickering with the majors who failed to help them move units. but with no plans of putting the mic to bed, guru stands tall with his new LP(www.gangstarr.com (http://www.gangstarr.com)). although guru has several critically acclaimed solo projects through his jazzmatazz series, Guru version 7.0 street scriptures marks his first official solo hiphop effort..

bringoutthegimp
do you honestly think they will get back together in 2 years? how much have they both got left to give?

someone
http://img289.imageshack.us/img289/8343/gang6tm.jpg

Peace.
dated april 13th

breakup : dated June 21st

THE W
07-20-2005, 12:08 PM
do you honestly think they will get back together in 2 years? how much have they both got left to give?
they're not fighting amongst themselves, its just that the labels are playin them scurvey. if they can get a on label that will support them i can see them coming back.

pussy-with-teeth
07-20-2005, 12:10 PM
they have some good albums but guru can put me to sleep sometimes !!

Wzarecta
07-20-2005, 12:36 PM
They don't have to have been "fighting", it was everywhere, they broke up.

THE W
07-20-2005, 01:25 PM
They don't have to have been "fighting", it was everywhere, they broke up.
thats what i said man,

but since the breakup was because of the label and not because of internal squables there is a chance they could get back together if the get the right deal.

Chef_Raekwon
07-20-2005, 01:38 PM
Much respect to GanstaRR for sure son they made hip hop and how it works

wu-tang1988
07-20-2005, 01:42 PM
peace to gangstarr, and i was shocked over this news that they split uP!

thanx on the update tho!

peace

PDTantisocial
07-20-2005, 04:50 PM
Damn, they only been droppin' albums every 5 years anyway, so they can break up for fuckin' 3-4 years and still come back and drop an album on schedule.

JOHNNY_TICAL
07-20-2005, 09:21 PM
Gang Starr.. Living Legends..!!! Much Respect.... Dont Know But Dat One.. But They Goin 2 B Here N Cali.. @ Rock Da Bells.. On Da 27th Of Dis Month.. . Or 29th.. 1 Of Those Days... But It Will Be @ Rock Da Bells. !!!

Peace !!!

Orion Nebulus
07-20-2005, 10:07 PM
gotta give props to these cats for keeping it real as long as they have. they have been a beaken for real hiphop ever since they came through. while all other real hiphop artists and groups have caved in to the bullshit thats going on today(coughwutangcough), gangstarr has been steadfast and faithful to keeping it raw.

they are an example of the fact that you DO have choice in what music you want to make. real hiphop will never sell the multi millions that commercial rap will, but there is still a audience out there for it and artists CAN choose to make music for them. if we ever want to see real hiphop have more commercial success, then we need to represent and fight the good fight to restore real hiphop's relevency along side commercial rap.

gangstarr havent sold a lot of records but they're fighting the fight that is gonna bring about change in the game. you gotta have plan and you gotta stick to it. you gotta stand for something and gangstarr stands for real, rugged and raw hiphop.

I couldnt agree any more!!!!! Gangstarr is the essence of true hiphop. Like they said "underground will live forever". The Wutang need to get back to that essence and I'm sure they will.

Mixtape Mutt
07-20-2005, 10:17 PM
Gangstarr IMO is among my top 10 Hip-Hop groups. Always dropping ill albums. Never really let me down with anything. Guru has a dope voice and flow. Premo....one of my most favorite beatsmith. I dare someone to name 1 bad thing about Gangstarr....I dare you.

JOHNNY_TICAL
07-21-2005, 05:01 PM
Damn .. Still Cant Believe They Broke Up And Shit.. !!!

Fuck..!!! I Need Another Blunt..!!!!

Peace..!!!

manhattanknight77
07-22-2005, 12:09 AM
wadedigital36 (http://www.wutangcorp.com/member.php?u=499) vbmenu_register("postmenu_65570", true);
Tailormade Mortal

http://www.wutangcorp.com/images/reputation/reputation_pos.gif

http://www.wutangcorp.com/images/icons/icon1.gif much respect to GANGSTARR

Couldnt have put it any better, right on!!! Thats funny cuz i was just listening to 'Hard to Earn' today.

tancen
05-25-2006, 12:04 PM
Premier says that gangstarr still exist, Guru says it doesn't.

Primo interview:
http://www.allhiphop.com/features/?ID=1275

Guru interview:
http://www.sohh.com/articles/article.php/7491/1

Luther Large
05-25-2006, 12:14 PM
yeah much respect to gangstarr makin quality hip hop for over 15 years

much respect to them they 1 of the best

Luther Large
05-25-2006, 01:07 PM
Premier says that gangstarr still exist, Guru says it doesn't.

Primo interview:
http://www.allhiphop.com/features/?ID=1275

Guru interview:
http://www.sohh.com/articles/article.php/7491/1

sum1's wrong and i hope it's guru cuz they can still make really good albums

morgan
05-25-2006, 02:55 PM
well since he's not responding i guess he has nothing.

anyway,

wu-tang needs to take page from these guys. i think gangstarr had like one gold record and they didnt go and change there whole shit after that, they kept it true to their roots. we need more like gangstarr if we want the game to change.

too true i'm afraid. Also, i am very apreciative of Guru bringing a whole lot of jazz artists to my attention, with the amazing jazzmattaz series. Much respect to Gangstarr, the definition of real in my eyes

HipHophead101
05-25-2006, 03:17 PM
Gangstarr IMO is among my top 10 Hip-Hop groups. Always dropping ill albums. Never really let me down with anything. Guru has a dope voice and flow. Premo....one of my most favorite beatsmith. I dare someone to name 1 bad thing about Gangstarr....I dare you.

1 bad thing?

how bout that they broke up lol

ironwizard
05-25-2006, 05:39 PM
Gang Starr represent hiphop in its purest form. I have nothing but respect for this duo, they are one of the most consistent groups in hiphop.
But I seriously don't believe they will make another album. I want to believe, no doubt, but I won't count on it before it is confirmed, that they are working together again. Even though they don't make another album they will still leave a great legacy behind. If they do make an album they both better be 110% devoted to it, otherwise they should just quit while they're ahead IMO.

Razorsharp
05-25-2006, 06:22 PM
Much love to the pioneers indeed...and peace to them

tancen
05-25-2006, 07:15 PM
I just doesn't understand what guru is doing? He is a 42 year old rapper and he still has the chance to work with Premier, whos without doubt one of the best producers in hip-hop. But what is guru doing? He turns his back to premo and holds on to his jazzmatazz projects with solar.... (wtf is solar??)

Peace

GSTYLE
05-26-2006, 03:58 AM
Even on Allhiphop there is an interview with Guru and he explains it all, well his side anyway.

Brand New Funk
05-26-2006, 04:02 AM
They have Beef. I saw Guru on stage, and he disse Primo quit hard. He also replaced Primos name in the Songs.
Anyway, I respect what they did. and I know they did it good. But they never realy where my style.