PDA

View Full Version : High Fructose Corn Syrup -junk ingredient helping to cause obesity and diabetes?

check two
03-08-2007, 10:27 PM
I was wondering what people thought about the food/drink ingredient called High Fructose Corn Syrup? It's a real common man made sweetner that is added to a whole lot of foods and drinks. A lot of the stuff in grocery stores has it in it. The reason a lot of companies use it, it cause it's so cheap, cheaper than sugar. There has been a lot of studies showing the havocs it has on the body, affecting a person's weight, helping to cause diabetes, etc. I know it's used a lot in the US, but I'm not sure about other countries?

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
03-08-2007, 11:02 PM
I touched on this topic some time ago with this poem....
ringing the bell.. the dull drum's of life repeat,
hitting in sync... rhythms killing the sheep,
as they... rest... work... and sleep,
consume replaces think... seduced by subliminal blinks,
as puppeteers wink... manipulating the strings.. for menacing diabolical means...

abstracting dreams transform into... shrills... whelps... and screams...of reality scenes,
formality is cream...a casual steam seems to rise...
council of foreign relation advised... incendiary eye's... squinting with lie's,
striking sickles...corrupting minds... intelligence pickled... holding chrome nickels,
Deaths' design to cause ripples...the herders tickle with financial games,
distracting thru blackened glass panes... while masking shame...they're exacting Pain torching flames...

as we... rest... work... and sleep,
consume replaces think... seducing with subliminal blinks,
as puppeteers wink... manipulating the strings we sink.. subversive sceneís submerge suicidal defeat..

while extracting wealth... churning in society's Ocean... poor people floating Kelp,
Trust no one!!, screaming Help!!... dusty bodies shelved... like stocked items in Aisles...Hope expired Sour Milk... their wicked laws welt,
Demonic Beasts' Paws felt... as our poker hand's dealt... they mark the cards in stealth,
what supplements are for our heath?? Water treatment Fluorides... Additives... Insecticides...,
chemicals to sterilize??.. High Fructose Syrups derived.. from corn crops subsidized,
added to foods open your eyes!!.. processing cancerous products they disguised...

as you... rest... work... and sleep,
consume replaces think... as televisions subliminally blink,
erasing what you think... manipulative media dreams.. maniacal Masonís mastering menacing means..

emotions digitalized... with high resolution crimes... watched by our children's eyes, beamed down by satellite eyes religion ritualized... to mesmerize... as Wars' epitomized... the Defense Budgets on the rise,
Stray votes anesthetized... Our enemies are energized... from our muttered Caged Cries!!
chemicals are blown into the skies... as the life expectancy rate declines,
American brains hollowed out like Mines... from Televised Lies and Reading the Times,
Subtly littering our insides... digesting chemicals from chemist designs... We Dine then We Die...

Os3y3ris
03-09-2007, 01:28 AM
Replacing it with sugar aint gonna help if you go through half a dozen sodas a day and three servings of desert.

EAGLE EYE
03-09-2007, 08:18 AM
http://www.hcsugar.com/images/prod_h230.jpg

My sister put me onto this Hawaiian raw sugar. Its unbleached and is supposedly better for you.

I use it on occasion.

Civilison
03-09-2007, 04:24 PM
refined sugar.... you want to stay away from it.

refined sugar literally has a drug/chemical effect on the body. it also disrupts hormonal balances.

white sugar and a lot of other refined white things like flour, saturated fat, salt are really bad for you.

in moderate amounts the body handles these substances no problem but with bigger doses and prolonged use they cause damage to the body.

peace

Visionz
03-09-2007, 04:38 PM
I recently began to completely eliminate anything with either corn syrup or partially hydrogenated oils from my diet. That shit will kill you, straight up. When you look at the fact that its only be around for like 40 years or so, the human body doesn't know what to do with the shit and has never had to in past. bound to be some fucked up reprecussions cuz of it. the sooner you get rid of it the better

Prolifical ENG
03-09-2007, 05:25 PM
A lot of granola bars these days contain corn syrup as its 2nd and 3rd ingredient on the list. So long for them being a health food that people think...they taste too good now.

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
03-09-2007, 05:31 PM
refined sugar.... you want to stay away from it.

refined sugar literally has a drug/chemical effect on the body. it also disrupts hormonal balances.

white sugar and a lot of other refined white things like flour, saturated fat, salt are really bad for you.

in moderate amounts the body handles these substances no problem but with bigger doses and prolonged use they cause damage to the body.

peace

I recently began to completely eliminate anything with either corn syrup or partially hydrogenated oils from my diet. That shit will kill you, straight up. When you look at the fact that its only be around for like 40 years or so, the human body doesn't know what to do with the shit and has never had to in past. bound to be some fucked up reprecussions cuz of it. the sooner you get rid of it the better

Word, I have been eating organically and staying away from refined sugars and refined bleached flour, yes I'm a ingredients reader, for the sake of my children we have ate this way for 5 years now. We also eat tofu cook brown rice (Lowers Cholesterol) and cook wheat pasta and eat flax seed bread. My son is 11 and my daughter is 3. SAVE THE CHILDREN!!

check two
03-09-2007, 11:03 PM
yes sir i agree with the original statemnt there is alo other sweetners to watch out for splenda and aspartame will cause brain tumors.MS and shitlike that but i think they passed a law that they dont have to include aspartame in the ingredient list. the best shit to use is cane sugar and sativa or honey

When you mentioned sativa, were you referring to stevia? I never tried stevia yet. It's supposed to be a lot sweeter than sugar, but doesn't have the negative effects on the body, like affecting the blood sugar level. Some people don't like the taste of stevia though.

check two
03-09-2007, 11:07 PM
Nice poem Big Ben. :)

I have been getting more organic and natural foods, but depending on what the item is, sometimes it can be a little expensive around here. I heard that some local farmer's markets /co op type places, sometimes have organic fruits/vegetables cheaper than conventional fruits/vegetables that are in the grocery stores? Does anyone here use a juicer at all?

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
03-10-2007, 09:25 AM
Nice poem Big Ben. :)

I have been getting more organic and natural foods, but depending on what the item is, sometimes it can be a little expensive around here. I heard that some local farmer's markets /co op type places, sometimes have organic fruits/vegetables cheaper than conventional fruits/vegetables that are in the grocery stores? Does anyone here use a juicer at all?

Yeah, Its a common misconception that Organics cost more, they usually cost about the same and sometimes cheaper...The problem is we are so used to eating the way we have been for so long its becomes difficult to find food we want thats organic and comparable to food we are used to...Trader Joes is a great store for first time shoppers trying eat right but you still must "read the Labels" -haha GZA

Imperial1
03-16-2007, 11:34 AM
No one in politics should be complaining about what causes obesity and the trend growing when the healthier foods are more expensive than unhealthy foods. (And organic foods are NOT the only healthy foods.) I speak from experience due to the fact that I'm a practicing vegan. So when I go grocery shopping, 5 items of the types of food I eat can add up to $30 whereas if I were not a vegan and eating unhealthy foods, I could get five items for less than $20.

Imperial1

IrOnMaN
03-16-2007, 12:14 PM
I agree with what you guys are saying. I don't understand why some people don't read the ingredints. For ex. Soda. I RARELY drink soda because of all the unheathly substances in contains. Sodium citate, Calcium disodium, Erthibic acids, etc. WTF? Are you serious? Now I see why most people my age are getting their teeth pulled out because of what they eat and drink. PLus, the way parents feed their kids these days are crazy. Soda, chips, cakes,....you name it, they'll eat it.

Good heathly eatting habits start at home. The schools should educated childern how to eat right on a daily basis. The problem is that kids will eat the food only if it's there at the gas station or wherever and if they have the money to purchase the foods. This is a SERIOUS heath problem for American. We are the FATTEST people in the world. Sad isn't it?

I'm seeing people gaining weight by the day. Sad.

check two
03-16-2007, 10:13 PM
i juice. in the morning i throw a bunch of organic veggies and fruits in a blender a mad variety o shit and then i dumpp some herbal elixers i have in the mix

So you just use a regular blender, and not a juicer?

check two
03-16-2007, 10:15 PM
Yeah, Its a common misconception that Organics cost more, they usually cost about the same and sometimes cheaper...The problem is we are so used to eating the way we have been for so long its becomes difficult to find food we want thats organic and comparable to food we are used to...Trader Joes is a great store for first time shoppers trying eat right but you still must "read the Labels" -haha GZA

I don't think there is a Trader Joe's close by to here, or a Wild Oats. But we have a Whole Foods Market.

zeppelin2k
03-17-2007, 10:08 AM
yes sir i agree with the original statemnt there is alo other sweetners to watch out for splenda and aspartame will cause brain tumors.MS and shitlike that but i think they passed a law that they dont have to include aspartame in the ingredient list. the best shit to use is cane sugar and sativa or honey

can you link me with the study that says splenda will cause brain tumors?

Imperial1
03-17-2007, 06:50 PM
can you link me with the study that says splenda will cause brain tumors?

I know a lot of the cruel factory farms like Pilgrim's Pride inject the animals with some type of steriod medicine to make them grow faster and also causes cancer.

Imperial1

zeppelin2k
03-18-2007, 01:16 PM
I know a lot of the cruel factory farms like Pilgrim's Pride inject the animals with some type of steriod medicine to make them grow faster and also causes cancer.

Imperial1

I am talking about splenda

its supposed to be made out of sugar, so it shouldnt have anything to do with animals at all

Visionz
03-18-2007, 01:26 PM
speaking of animals, take a pork chop marinate it in cola, wrap it in the fridge for about an hour,..................watch for the maggots!!! I've seen this online and told my kid brother about it (no need for me, pork-free for years) but he goes home and gets the same results w/in about a 30 min time span

Imperial1
03-18-2007, 04:29 PM
speaking of animals, take a pork chop marinate it in cola, wrap it in the fridge for about an hour,..................watch for the maggots!!! I've seen this online and told my kid brother about it (no need for me, pork-free for years) but he goes home and gets the same results w/in about a 30 min time span

Pork was the very first animal product that I gave up. (That and beef.)

Imperial1

Visionz
03-18-2007, 04:32 PM
Pork was the very first animal product that I gave up. (That and beef.)

Imperial1smart move, where u @ in Texas?

Imperial1
03-18-2007, 04:36 PM
smart move, where u @ in Texas?

Tyler. Hopefully not for long though.

Imperial1

Visionz
03-18-2007, 04:38 PM
Tyler. Hopefully not for long though.

Imperial1word, you headed to Dallas or tryin to head somewhere else altogether?

Imperial1
03-18-2007, 04:40 PM
word, you headed to Dallas or tryin to head somewhere else altogether?

I was actually born in Dallas, but I like Houston better. If something is in Dallas for me, I'll consider though.

Imperial1

Visionz
03-18-2007, 04:45 PM
I was actually born in Dallas, but I like Houston better. If something is in Dallas for me, I'll consider though.

Imperial1I love livin in Austin, but I perfer a city to not be too big, with all these toll roads they're buildin its probably headed that way. Just hope the vibe of the city itself doesn't change with it, people here so laid back & cool. peace Imperial

check two
03-18-2007, 10:16 PM
There is a current lawsuit against Splenda by a sugar affiliate because of the statement on their package that says Splenda is made from sugar. I didn't even think splenda was made from sugar?

I tried some of those diet sodas and diet drinks before. I can't stand the taste, it gives me like a weird after taste feel. I don't know how people can drink that stuff.

zeppelin2k
03-20-2007, 06:43 PM
I take something that has matlodextrine and sucralose in it (splenda has these) after working out in order to replensish glycogen which is depleted after intense workout, in order to bump up my insulin

The drink I make tastes amazing, and I know a lot of people who drink tons of the stuff or similar things that have either dextrose or splenda and live healthy lifestyles and so far I dont know anyone who has gotten a tumor

but that article u linked looks like a good read, gonna hit that up right now

as for saying its "better" than sugar, I thnk thats bs, it needs to be treates as sugar, you cant expect to eat all of it you want and be okay, excess of anything is bad for you

check two
03-21-2007, 01:33 PM
zeppelin2k,
Is that like a whey protein substance that you take after your workout?

zeppelin2k
03-21-2007, 03:28 PM
I just did some research and that article is bs, check it out palehorse I am gonna make another thread where you can see some of the competing viewpoints on the issue

the article you sent me wasnt really well thought at all man, and we all knwo how the internet is a place where there is bunch of bs, check out my thread in KTL

check two I use surge post and pre workout with creatine in the post serving