PDA

View Full Version : answers to some scientific questions....

the silencer
03-10-2007, 08:28 PM
i was checkin thru my list of bookmarks and came across this...very good resource..

it is basically a Q&A in which experts of a certain field answer some of ppls questions...

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/15.02/bigquestions.html?pg=3#time

here's a few samples..(hope this doesnt break the new rule LHX just made...)

Is time an illusion?
Plato (http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/time/#3) argued that time is constant - it’s life that’s the illusion. Galileo (http://www.britannica.com/eb/article-9105766/Galileo) shrugged over the philos-ophy of time and figured out how to plot it on a graph so he could get on with the important physics. Albert Einstein (http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/einstein/hotsciencetwin/) said that time is just another dimension, a fourth one to go along with the up-down, side-side, forward-back we move through every day. Our understanding of time, Einstein said, is based on its relationship to our environment. Weirdly, the faster you travel, the slower time moves. The most radical interpretation of his theory: Past, present, and future are merely figments of our imagination, constructs built by our brains so that everything doesn’t seem to happen at once. Einstein’s conception of unified spacetime works better on graph paper than in the real world. Time isn’t like those other dimensions - for one thing, we move only one way within it. “What’s needed is not to make the notion of time and general relativity work or to go back to the notion of absolute time, but to invent something radically new,” says Lee Smolin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Smolin), a physicist at the Perimeter Institute in Waterloo, Ontario. Somebody is going to get it right eventually. It’ll just take time.
- Erin Biba, San Francisco-based writer

What is the universe made of?
Astronomers scouring the heavens with powerful telescopes can see objects that are billions of trillions of miles away. These observations have proven essential to piecing together a fairly refined picture of the history and evolution of the cosmos. Nevertheless, a gaping hole remains in our understanding of a basic question: What is the universe made of? For more than 100 years we’ve known about atoms, and over the past century or so we’ve gone further and identified atomic constituents like electrons and quarks, as well as their exotic cousins - neutrinos, muons, and the like. But there is now convincing evidence that these ingredients are a cosmic afterthought. Current data shows that if you weighed everything in existence, these familiar particles would amount to about 5 percent of the total. Most of the universe is composed of other stuff, which, with all of science’s deep insights, we’ve yet to identify. How do we know this? Well, over the course of many decades, astronomers studied the motion of galaxies and the stars within them, and found that the gravity exerted by this luminous matter was insufficient to account for the way these heavenly bodies moved. Only by positing large amounts of additional matter that doesn’t give off light (visible, x-ray, infrared, or any other kind) and is thus invisible to telescopes, could the data be explained. Through detailed cosmological measurements, scientists also discovered that this so-called dark matter couldn’t be made of the same electrons, protons, and neutrons that make up everything with which we are familiar.
Then, in the late 1990s, two groups of astronomers, one led by Saul Perlmutter (http://www.oarval.org/SCPen.htm) of the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, the other by Brian Schmidt (http://msowww.anu.edu.au/%7Ebrian/) of the Australian National University, found something even stranger. Through observation of distant supernovas, these astronomers measured how the expansion rate of the universe has changed over time. Because of gravity’s relentless pull, most everyone expected that the expansion would be slowing. But the data from both groups showed the opposite. The expansion of the universe is speeding up. Something must be pushing outward, and luckily Einstein's general theory of relativity provides a ready-made candidate: A uniform, diffuse energy spread throughout space can act as an antigravity force. Since this energy gives off no light, it’s called dark energy.
Collectively, the observations establish that about 23 percent of the universe is dark matter (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_matter) and about 72 percent is dark energy. Everything else is squeezed into the remaining few percent.
Several experiments are now under way to identify dark matter. Scientists are searching for what they suspect is an exotic species of particle. Some studies are looking for clues by analyzing particles bombarding Earth from space; others, like the Large Hadron Collider, will analyze collisions between extremely fast-moving protons that have the potential to create dark matter in the lab. We are guardedly optimistic that we’ll be able to identify dark matter soon.
By contrast, the question of dark energy is wide open. What is its origin? What determined its quantity? Does the amount stay constant or vary? These are critical questions. Calculations show that if the amount of dark energy had been slightly larger, the universe would have blown apart so quickly that life as we know it could not exist.
- Brian Greene (http://www.columbia.edu/cu/physics/fac-bios/Greene/faculty.html), author of The Elegant Universe

How does the brain calculate movement?
All of science, it seems, wants to know how brains give animals complex motor skills. Robotics, physics, neuro-physiology, and medicine are just a few of the disciplines studying the topic. The paradox is that brains - even large human brains - are notoriously slow by processing standards: Set your hand on a hot plate and it takes full milliseconds to feel the burn. So how does the same gooey substance simultaneously acquire visual data, calculate positional information, and gauge trajectory to let a lizard’s tongue snatch a fly, a dog’s mouth catch a Frisbee, or a hand catch a falling glass? “With the thousands of muscles in the body, the motor cortex clearly isn’t ‘thinking’ in any sense about movement,” says UC San Diego neuroscientist Patricia Churchland. According to Stanford University’s Krishna Shenoy, the brain seems to create an internal model of the physical world, then, like some super-sophisticated neural joystick, traces intended movements onto this model. “But it’s all in a code that science has yet to crack,” he says. Whatever that code is, it’s not about size. “Even a cat’s brain can modify the most complicated motions while executing them.”
- John Hockenberry

LHX
03-10-2007, 08:47 PM
here's a few samples..(hope this doesnt break the new rule LHX just made...)

user: banned

naw just kidding - but it would have been impressive to see the link here and a brief summary in the words of the silencer

that would have been really dope

if you ever catch me making anything that looks like a 'rule' - my intention is to encourage posters to improve the way they communicate and think twice about what they communicate

otherwise - this is a prime example of something that i would like to edit and delete

or maybe split the thread into 3 different threads for each section of the post

the silencer
03-10-2007, 09:45 PM
user: banned

naw just kidding - but it would have been impressive to see the link here and a brief summary in the words of the silencer

that would have been really dope

if you ever catch me making anything that looks like a 'rule' - my intention is to encourage posters to improve the way they communicate and think twice about what they communicate

otherwise - this is a prime example of something that i would like to edit and delete

or maybe split the thread into 3 different threads for each section of the post
for the most part, im just tryin to give people a good resource to check out and maybe spark some thought w/in them or answer some nagging questions they've had...

a better way to post it probly would've been to just show a list all the questions that it has answers to but.....im too lazy to do that now..

Os3y3ris
03-10-2007, 10:24 PM
I don't think time exists outside of the mind. I think instead what we do is recognize differences, time being the sensation that this produces. When we stop recognizing change, time stops and we're able to manipulate it freely. Our brains are not structured to allow this however, so we're only altered states allow it and even then, it comes with an amnesiac component so that we can't REALLY ever grasp the full implications of what occurs.

Visionz
03-11-2007, 12:47 PM
I don't think time exists outside of the mind. I think instead what we do is recognize differences, time being the sensation that this produces. When we stop recognizing change, time stops and we're able to manipulate it freely. Our brains are not structured to allow this however, so we're only altered states allow it and even then, it comes with an amnesiac component so that we can't REALLY ever grasp the full implications of what occurs.interesting, but what would a world without either difference or distance consist of? time (or atleast the perception of time) is related to both.

Os3y3ris
03-11-2007, 12:57 PM
All living things are the engines of change. When we percieve no change and no distance, we do what we will to force distance and force change either incidentally as part of our natural life processes or as a deliberate acts. Thats why we feel time.

the silencer
03-11-2007, 01:09 PM
that was an extremely thoughtful response Os3y3ris...

im with u on that...

the "time" that we are all so used to is just the motion of the Earth around its axis and around the Sun...but the Sun is also revolving around with the rest of the stars that are in the Milky Way Galaxy...and all the Galaxies are moving.....

and this is all going on at speeds and distances that the human mind cannot even begin to comprehend (billions of lightyears....we could never imagine intervals like that)..

AND if the "expanding and contracting" theory about the universe is accurate, then there really is no such thing as time....because however MILLIONS of BILLIONS of years from "now" until the universe begins to collapse in on itself, it will (according to the theory) blast apart again in another Big Bang and everything that has happened will happen again....

thats a pretty bugged out thought

Os3y3ris
03-11-2007, 01:24 PM

Had help.

Visionz
03-11-2007, 01:26 PM
All living things are the engines of change. When we percieve no change and no distance, we do what we will to force distance and force change either incidentally as part of our natural life processes or as a deliberate acts. Thats why we feel time.I get you there but what I'm saying is that its hard to imagine these not being factors, stripped of difference and distance everything unifies as one. personally, this seems to be the true reality of our situation and this life but a fleeting illusion. In this current state of mine, its still a concept thats hard to completely wrap my mind around

im with u on that...

the "time" that we are all so used to is just the motion of the Earth around its axis and around the Sun...but the Sun is also revolving around with the rest of the stars that are in the Milky Way Galaxy...and all the Galaxies are moving.....

and this is all going on at speeds and distances that the human mind cannot even begin to comprehend (billions of lightyears....we could never imagine intervals like that)..

AND if the "expanding and contracting" theory about the universe is accurate, then there really is no such thing as time....because however MILLIONS of BILLIONS of years from "now" until the universe begins to collapse in on itself, it will (according to the theory) blast apart again in another Big Bang and everything that has happened will happen again....

thats a pretty bugged out thoughtthe contracting and expanding, I've alway pictured as the respirations of God. like we're aveoli inside a pair of cosmic lungs

Os3y3ris
03-11-2007, 01:30 PM
I get you there but what I'm saying is that its hard to imagine these not being factors, stripped of difference and distance everything unifies as one. personally, this seems to be the true reality of our situation and this life but a fleeting illusion. In this current state of mine, its still a concept thats hard to completely wrap my mind around

I agree. If you want to see that, smoke some of that Salvia. It will obliterate space, time, freedom, and knowledge among other things.

Visionz
03-11-2007, 01:34 PM
I agree. If you want to see that, smoke some of that Salvia. It will obliterate space, time, freedom, and knowledge among other things.interesting, ever tripped acid before? and if so, how similiar or dissimiliar are they to each other?

Os3y3ris
03-11-2007, 02:19 PM
Haven't tried acid yet. From what I've heard though, they're incomperable. People compare Salvia to stuff like DMT and Datura. Even then, many say its the strongest shit there is. Imagine dying forever. Thats pretty much the gist of Salvia.

LHX
03-11-2007, 02:22 PM
Imagine dying forever.

lmfao

phrase of the day

Visionz
03-11-2007, 03:25 PM
Haven't tried acid yet. From what I've heard though, they're incomperable. People compare Salvia to stuff like DMT and Datura. Even then, many say its the strongest shit there is. Imagine dying forever. Thats pretty much the gist of Salvia.
that's sounds pretty nuts, whats the duration? I've tripped quite a bit of acid in my younger days but thats an all-day event, 14 hours wasn't unheard of by any means, reality as you know it, quite literally at times, dissolves around you. I loved that experience but its not something you can do forever

Os3y3ris
03-11-2007, 04:34 PM
that's sounds pretty nuts, whats the duration?

You do see the irony in that question right? And this is why I brought it up in this thread. Now, people say five minutes if you smoke it, longer if you use a quid. Now, five min in Salvia space is a long fucking time to destroy your mind in its own right, but people who say "Hey, five min, you'll be fine." aren't factoring in THAT THE BITCH STOPS TIME, destroying it on a conceptual level. Thats why I recommend it if you want to look into this discussion on a deeper level.

On a side note, Salvia is quite a bit more sinister than I thought. I smoked that shit in January. All this time, I thought I knew what really happened. I'm JUST finding out what Salvia really does. Don't fuck with that shit. She is evil and she is going to kill you.

Visionz
03-11-2007, 04:43 PM
You do see the irony in that question right? And this is why I brought it up in this thread. Now, people say five minutes if you smoke it, longer if you use a quid. Now, five min in Salvia space is a long fucking time to destroy your mind in its own right, but people who say "Hey, five min, you'll be fine." aren't factoring in THAT THE BITCH STOPS TIME, destroying it on a conceptual level. Thats why I recommend it if you want to look into this discussion on a deeper level.

On a side note, Salvia is quite a bit more sinister than I thought. I smoked that shit in January. All this time, I thought I knew what really happened. I'm JUST finding out what Salvia really does. Don't fuck with that shit. She is evil and she is going to kill you.I wasn't really thinkin about it when I wrote that but it is funny. Salvia's that crazy though huh? What revelations are you finding out about?

Dr.Weird
03-11-2007, 05:08 PM
Salvia is a shaman herb used for spiritual experiences, I wouldnt use it untill you've researched it and know what you're doing, not just smoking to get high or anything. I tried it and it was fuckin' un-real..

Os3y3ris
03-11-2007, 05:09 PM
I was with two girls when I smoked the shit. I asked one today how the other knew I was gonna pass out again. She said "What?" and asked her girlfriend. Her girlfriend had no idea what I was talking about either. Turns out I wasn't talking to her at all, nor was I awake. I was instead in Salvia space talking with the lady herself. Its been 2+ months since I smoked that stuff and I'm just now finding out that what I saw wasn't real.

Os3y3ris
03-11-2007, 05:10 PM
Salvia is a shaman herb used for spiritual experiences, I wouldnt use it untill you've researched it and know what you're doing, not just smoking to get high or anything. I tried it and it was fuckin' un-real..

I tried it as well and I wish it had been unreal. WAY TOO REAL.

Olive Oil Goombah
03-12-2007, 05:54 PM
DMT and Salvia are hallucinogenics to the point where they aren't and the user actually believes this stuff is happening to them. And it is, in a sense, but only in their minds.

We have not even begun to fully use our brains. Dreams and the DMT relations for instance....

I do whole heartedly agree that this physical world around us is definitely 'real'. It is.

But who knows...I love reading up on the cosmos, and even quantum physics..its absolutely fascinating and jaw dropping. And at times, you really wonder, is there a God or Creator??

The magnitude of the cosmos, and the micro-tude(made up word) of quantum physics is mind boggling. I read somewhere that Hawking said there is possible like upwards of 20 something dimensions we dont know about in some sort of vaccuum fluctuations. Crazy physicist mathematical shit, that i wont act like i know anything about.

Or maybe this is Gods perfect design..so perfect that us mere mortals can't possibly conceive how it was all put together.

As far as time goes...it IS somewhat of a man made concept, BUT, it does 'exist' in the sense that the universe began somewhere, suns start and die out, black holes resulting from Giants......Time is real, and its one of those things that just 'is'....Damn now, you got my brain in knots. Who knows??? Maybe there is more to explore with our own minds than we even can possibly comprehend.

i could go on and on....but yea, once you open your mind up to this stuff, it really makes you think....it almost makes you wish that stuff was simpler, or at least thats how I feel sometimes...like I hope there is some sort of purpose for all this.

Visionz
03-12-2007, 06:01 PM
I was with two girls when I smoked the shit. I asked one today how the other knew I was gonna pass out again. She said "What?" and asked her girlfriend. Her girlfriend had no idea what I was talking about either. Turns out I wasn't talking to her at all, nor was I awake. I was instead in Salvia space talking with the lady herself. Its been 2+ months since I smoked that stuff and I'm just now finding out that what I saw wasn't real.wild, that's really all I can say to that, all in the span that a clock would tell you was five minute?! potent indeed

DMT and Salvia are hallucinogenics to the point where they aren't and the user actually believes this stuff is happening to them. And it is, in a sense, but only in their minds.

We have not even begun to fully use our brains. Dreams and the DMT relations for instance....

I do whole heartedly agree that this physical world around us is definitely 'real'. It is.

But who knows...I love reading up on the cosmos, and even quantum physics..its absolutely fascinating and jaw dropping. And at times, you really wonder, is there a God or Creator??

The magnitude of the cosmos, and the micro-tude(made up word) of quantum physics is mind boggling. I read somewhere that Hawking said there is possible like upwards of 20 something dimensions we dont know about in some sort of vaccuum fluctuations. Crazy physicist mathematical shit, that i wont act like i know anything about.

Or maybe this is Gods perfect design..so perfect that us mere mortals can't possibly conceive how it was all put together.

As far as time goes...it IS somewhat of a man made concept, BUT, it does 'exist' in the sense that the universe began somewhere, suns start and die out, black holes resulting from Giants......Time is real, and its one of those things that just 'is'....Damn now, you got my brain in knots. Who knows??? Maybe there is more to explore with our own minds than we even can possibly comprehend.

i could go on and on....but yea, once you open your mind up to this stuff, it really makes you think....it almost makes you wish that stuff was simpler, or at least thats how I feel sometimes...like I hope there is some sort of purpose for all this.usually it's actions that give life purpose. we're all given this life here, its what we do with it that makes the difference

Os3y3ris
03-12-2007, 06:16 PM
wild, that's really all I can say to that, all in the span that a clock would tell you was five minute?! potent indeed

Have no idea how long it was. "She" didn't answer directly. And when I asked the actual girl I flipped out too soon for a response.

Visionz
03-12-2007, 06:27 PM
Have no idea how long it was. "She" didn't answer directly. And when I asked the actual girl I flipped out too soon for a response.any lingering effects afterwards? feelin like shit, tired etc

Dr.Weird
03-12-2007, 06:29 PM
Have no idea how long it was. "She" didn't answer directly. And when I asked the actual girl I flipped out too soon for a response.

They usually last about 15 minutes or so if you hit it right

Dr.Weird
03-12-2007, 06:33 PM
The enviroment around you affects everything when you smoke salvia, some people don't like music on or anything I dunno, but say you had a war movie on or some shit, you'd probably have a bad trip like your in a war or some shit.

Os3y3ris
03-12-2007, 07:15 PM
any lingering effects afterwards? feelin like shit, tired etc

When I woke up in salvia space, I didn't know it. It was identical to the real world with lady salvia simply being the female friend. I didn't know the difference and only figured out yesterday who I'd really been talking to. So she sent me out and I woke up on the "real" world and I said exactly the same shit I'd said in salvia space. Well, my mind couldn't cope with that. I'd also made the unfortunate choice of comboing with DOI and moxy, both of which last for days. Salvia destroyed both those drugs and put me back at baseline for a while. As I attempted to find out what the hell had happened, Salvia ate the rest of my identity up and reclaimed reality with Schroedinger's mathematics. It fucking carved fractal spirals across time and space, destroyed my free will and left me to die 36 hours later, slave to one of her propositions.

Salvia fucking kills you. You'll be physically fine, but you'll never be the same.

Olive Oil Goombah
03-12-2007, 07:22 PM
When I woke up in salvia space, I didn't know it. It was identical to the real world with lady salvia simply being the female friend. I didn't know the difference and only figured out yesterday who I'd really been talking to. So she sent me out and I woke up on the "real" world and I said exactly the same shit I'd said in salvia space. Well, my mind couldn't cope with that. I'd also made the unfortunate choice of comboing with DOI and moxy, both of which last for days. Salvia destroyed both those drugs and put me back at baseline for a while. As I attempted to find out what the hell had happened, Salvia ate the rest of my identity up and reclaimed reality with Schroedinger's mathematics. It fucking carved fractal spirals across time and space, destroyed my free will and left me to die 36 hours later, slave to one of her propositions.

Salvia fucking kills you. You'll be physically fine, but you'll never be the same.

In the words of Marty McFly "THATS HEAVY"

Olive Oil Goombah
03-12-2007, 07:23 PM
Honestly, I dont think i'd want to do something like that.

Os3y3ris
03-12-2007, 07:34 PM
Thats the short and pleasant version. I could write a book about what it did.

Olive Oil Goombah
03-12-2007, 08:33 PM
Thats the short and pleasant version. I could write a book about what it did.

how long did you actually think it lasted...it sounds unbelievable, and its something i want to try, but man, i bug out when i get to high, so ive always strayed from LSD and acid cuz i didnt want to see shit melt...i can only imagine this stuff. I think my brain or heart would explode.

Os3y3ris
03-12-2007, 09:06 PM
I spent what felt like 15 seconds watching the salvia visuals, another 15 seconds in salvia space, and then 36 hours under its influence total, due to the loop it caused when I entered Salvia space. The 15 sec estimates are dubious, the 36 hours was correct, thought it felt like a lot longer.

Visionz
03-12-2007, 10:28 PM
how long did you actually think it lasted...it sounds unbelievable, and its something i want to try, but man, i bug out when i get to high, so ive always strayed from LSD and acid cuz i didnt want to see shit melt...i can only imagine this stuff. I think my brain or heart would explode.if you're scared of it then I'd leave it alone, I've done enough acid and been around enough different people trippin to know its not for everybody

Olive Oil Goombah
03-12-2007, 10:31 PM
I spent what felt like 15 seconds watching the salvia visuals, another 15 seconds in salvia space, and then 36 hours under its influence total, due to the loop it caused when I entered Salvia space. The 15 sec estimates are dubious, the 36 hours was correct, thought it felt like a lot longer.

LOL..WOW, i am not even going to ask you to expand because A.) I don't want to put you through trying to explain it and B.) You pretty much just said it all there.

Thats crazy man, so in all actuality, from what your friends told you, it was (based on 'our' time not yours) like what??? five to fifteen minutes?

If thats what im gathering, that is almost like traveling in time, in a sense, or at least how they explain how it would be done.

Olive Oil Goombah
03-12-2007, 10:33 PM
oh no, im a lightweight with drugs. alcohol and weed is enough for me, always has been. But this salvia stuff and DMT...i never heard of it till now. I didnt know it took you into a whole new world, that is so unexplainable. People who drop acid can still give you a perspective, ive known alot, but this stuff is CRAZY!

Os3y3ris
03-12-2007, 11:02 PM
Thats crazy man, so in all actuality, from what your friends told you, it was (based on 'our' time not yours) like what??? five to fifteen minutes?

No, 36 real hours of its influence in the real world, comboed with DOI and methylone. That much is certain.

Essentially, there were three parts to the trip. Once I hit the stuff, It played visual tricks. Rather mundane, but powerful hallucinations. It also stoned me to all hell so I just lay back to watch the show. This was a matter of seconds I think. Then I sat up and asked how long I was out. At that point I had entered salvia space and was there for about 10 seconds, the real time unclear. Then after finishing up there, I sat back up in the real world.

This felt like a short amount of time, and it was clearly in the minutes.

When I came out, time had stopped completely by my own judgement. However, the day went on per usual and i set up until the sun came up, stayed up all day and finally collapsed the next morning a couple hours before sunrise. The hallucinations had stopped when I left salvia space. However, it did have one last visual which was its true form. Aside from that, for 36 hours, EVERYTHING moved in loops and spirals and riddles and paradoxes. I'll simply give you the first and last.

The first loop was my waking up. I woke up once into salvia space, thought it was the real world and then woke up again into the same place in the same manner with the same feelings. That set the spiral into rotation. Its a bluff game. The world is real or it isn't. Which is it? The final loop that I can identify as a loop, was a fatal game with two choices. You have to guess and if you guess wrong, you die. You can go to sleep and it will end, therefore killing you if you did indeed hallucinate a new life, or you can stay awake and solve salvia until you die of a lack of sleep. You can't solve salvia, so thats that. You die either way. You just have to guess which one is the real death and pick the right one.

Os3y3ris
03-12-2007, 11:07 PM
Time travel was a part of the experience as well, but that shit was just bizarre. More Schroedinger bullshit that doesn't quite make sense.

Olive Oil Goombah
03-12-2007, 11:15 PM
Man, you should write a book about your chronicles. Thats amazing, you seem to know you mathematics pretty well...do you think that played a part in what you went through..Would a person ignorant of math or physics experience something different??

You say you 'died' after it...could you possibly expand on that?

Olive Oil Goombah
03-12-2007, 11:17 PM
One more thing...Do you feel this was real in relation to the physical world, or was it the inner workings of you mind tricking you into different perspective?

Os3y3ris
03-12-2007, 11:29 PM
Well, my math isn't so good. Its just that the drug works in infallible mathematics and FORCES you to go through it.

You say you 'died' after it...could you possibly expand on that?

I had a long response to that, but then I realized what I was typing. All I'm gonna say is that death is in every aspect of the drug. This is no different from life.

Os3y3ris
03-12-2007, 11:32 PM
One more thing...Do you feel this was real in relation to the physical world, or was it the inner workings of you mind tricking you into different perspective?

I think that we all have a fear of redundancy and repition, hence us being engines of change in the world around us. When we idle and don't roam, we become fearful of the mundane and quite restless. This drug simply illuminates the motivational gear in our minds and the mathematics of our lives. We see it rotate, so thats the change in perspective, allowing us to better see the truth of the physical world.

Olive Oil Goombah
03-12-2007, 11:36 PM
Thats cool, but no matter how abstract, its still relevant, you know. I know for myself, sometimes I record my dreams, like write em down, after I wake up, just cuz they fascinate me. Alotta times, it seems like junk, but when u try to interpret them it gets interesting.

On the mathematics thing....i feel you as much as i can w/o feelin you..u kno?

I'm curious...you actually felt like you could die? How did you not flip out? Experience?

The brain is so powerful and we haven't even come close to using it to its full potential. Its scary to think of the possibilities.

Olive Oil Goombah
03-12-2007, 11:43 PM
I think that we all have a fear of redundancy and repition, hence us being engines of change in the world around us. When we idle and don't roam, we become fearful of the mundane and quite restless. This drug simply illuminates the motivational gear in our minds and the mathematics of our lives. We see it rotate, so thats the change in perspective, allowing us to better see the truth of the physical world.

Autistic people are usually brilliant because of their redundancy in a specialized field, usually mathematics, but because of this specialization, it is near impossible for the to communicate normally with other people and actually apply their genius. Maybe thats a manifestation of their brain being to 'gear' and mechanical, and w/o free thought. But I'm no neurologist.

Os3y3ris
03-12-2007, 11:53 PM
I'm curious...you actually felt like you could die?

Schroedingers cat.

How did you not flip out? Experience?

I DID flip out. As soon as I got out of salvia space, I went to work destroying the kitchen, starting with cans of coke. I was stopped ASAP and I calmed down for a bit. Thats when she hit me with the geometry.

Dr.Weird
03-13-2007, 04:32 AM
One of my trips on salvia from what I can remember was being in a desert on my knees, bowing to a presence that was bigger and scarier than anything I have ever seen. Really really really bad trip.

And another was I was inside my own brain picking out my dead brain cells like they were weeds, and planting new ones. This trip actually made me feel calm and happy, I felt like I was enlightened afterwards.

This isn't a party drug. It's a shaman herb,You need to be in the right mind-state to take it.