PDA

View Full Version : What is the KTL verdict on this situation?

LHX
03-11-2007, 09:03 PM
teacher uses the term 'nigga' in a apparent non-racially motivated way:

_jEBh1VtdT0

what a mess

Koolish
03-11-2007, 09:23 PM
Street-wise, white people aren't supposed to use the n-word in any form, ever, period.

Thinking about it-wise, in today's age you should know better than to use a word like that to talk to a student. There is absolutely no use in using that term where a First name could have accomplished everything. Now, assuming he truly didn't mean anything cruel by saying it and was just trying to talk like the kids, it's like your mom or dad trying to use slang to be cool, it just doesn't happen.

the silencer
03-11-2007, 09:34 PM
it was pretty funny seein the teacher go into that mini-tirade like "nigga please.." n stuff...

but this shit is kinda silly.....hes a pretty pathetic dude, but i take the teacher's word in that the kid probly said it first and the teacher just automatically responded like that...

its definitely a weird thing that has happened in our culture, that "nigga" which was originally (and in the sphere of "political correctness" still is) a term of derision has evolved all the way to the point where it is now...its a really weird thing..

but i dont blame the teacher at all...its always gonna raise some shit when a white adult says something resembling "nigger" to a young black person like that but.....i dono, i dont really blame the dude and its silly that he got punished like that..

Os3y3ris
03-11-2007, 09:51 PM
More important than the racial politics of the situation, he's an asshole.

Visionz
03-11-2007, 11:08 PM
More important than the racial politics of the situation, he's an asshole.:clap:

Sexy Jasper
03-12-2007, 05:52 AM
This is what you get when you take words out of context.

Origin™
03-12-2007, 07:27 AM
Regardless of him being an asshole or not. He deserved to be punished, He is an adult, reaching out the the kid or not, he know's better than to say that shit.

The word should not be spoken by anyone.

Nigga is dropped so much now, film, music, what ever, That all people, and not only white people, but all people, White, Chinese, Arab Etc, Deem it be be socialy acceptable to say the word.

They're just imitating what they hear and see in most of the shit they're involved in, (Not including the racist cunts that say it as a derogatory insult)

I can't really see a solution to the matter.

Peace.

WARPATH
03-12-2007, 07:38 AM
Kids will make a fuss out of anything to get their teacher in trouble if they get the oppurtunity. The teacher should have acted more professional in this situtaion but as far as a punishment goes.....

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b81/slippydapimp/NiggaPlease.jpg

Prolifical ENG
03-12-2007, 09:51 AM
Kids will make a fuss out of anything to get their teacher in trouble if they get the oppurtunity.

That is true.

I have only heard a white teacher say it once. However he was a music professor and he was stating the title of a protest song from the 60's before he played it. He said "I might offend some of you in here....but the title of the track is..." So in other words, he said it professionally.

But with kids, they will make a fuss out of anything to get a teacher in trouble.

Gawd
03-12-2007, 12:34 PM
sticks and stones

Kong
03-12-2007, 01:46 PM
I think cultures need to have more time for each other and realise we are not all on the same boat. He should of been more aware of where he was, what he was saying and why he was saying it but if people slip up like they hear it to much then it comes out there own mouth, what is that really down to? They are only human, unless you have seen him wearing a white pointed head thing then give him a break.

Don't think the world will try to make it easier for you wherever you go if you've had a different walk of life or are from a different culture. Its more work, if that's not realised (on either side) then I think the result is people automatically saying "fuck them".

Dirty Knowledge
03-12-2007, 01:51 PM
Wtf kinda news is this...

"Nigga please, nigga lend me a pencil"

Never in South Florida. Teachers get FUCKED UP down here.

Kong
03-12-2007, 02:17 PM
Maybe the making a negative thing positive wasn't planned out to well. I think its made things worse in many ways thinking about it. It would of worked if white and black people each lived on separate planets with one culture.

Frontal Lobotomy
03-12-2007, 03:04 PM
That guy's an idiot.I'd have perhaps understood if it was meant to be ironic, but he fluffed that up too. He does have a point in that the word is used far too frequently.

Jet Set
03-12-2007, 04:15 PM
LMAO @ portaying the kid like a first class citizen and the teacher like a hyped up deranged mad man.

living_undead
03-12-2007, 09:17 PM
it's just words.
i dont get why people throw fits over this.

if a black teacher started going off on his white students calling them white devil and shit, would it cause as big a scene?