PDA

View Full Version : 8Ball and MJG?

check two
03-11-2007, 11:56 PM
I know they have been around for a while and all, but I don't really know much about them. Are there two guys, or more? Cause I saw some of a video with 8Ball and MJG, featuring Lloyd. I forget the name of the song. There were like twenty guys in the video, including a couple of 400 pound guys. I liked the song, except the hook was kinda lame by that Lloyd. I couldn't tell if Lloyd is a girl, or guy? What do you recommend by 8Ball and MJG?

Prolifical ENG
03-12-2007, 08:59 AM
Well, there was an attempted review thread here for one of their earlier classics:

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31669

Like many of the older early 90's southern albums, they are out of print unless they got reissued recently that I don't know about. "Comming Out Hard" and "On the Outside Looking In". I think their 1999 album is one of their best also...I always forget the name, its one of their best that you can probably find in any used record store.

check two
03-12-2007, 03:05 PM
Thanks for the reply. So there are two guys in the group? Which one is the 400 pound guy?

xHard to Earnx
03-12-2007, 04:13 PM
Eightball would be the giant dude.

For the love of all things awesome, download Comin Out Hard. It's a great and basically classic record.

Eightball and MJG are probably the most underrated/underappreciated group ever (that's actually any good).

ThaGoldenChild07
03-12-2007, 10:26 PM
Eightball and MJG are probably the most underrated/underappreciated group ever (that's actually any good).

Yea true dat Hard To Earn at least down south. But they usaully produce sum real good music i enjoy. They've been holdn down the south 4 a while makn sum good music.

That track wit Loyd ur talkn bout is called "Forever" its produced by Bangladash. I highly recommend u check em out. They've a few good tracks wit UGK also. Peace1

CharlesJones
03-15-2007, 03:09 PM
They have a new album out called Ridin High. I haven't heard it yet but i want to. Check out their other albums Sittin On Top Of The World, In Our Lifetime, Space Age 4 Eva, Livin Legends. What's the name of their album that came after Comin Out Hard? Also check out 8Ball's solo albums Lost and Almost Famous. He has a new solo album but i haven't heard it. MJG did a solo album also called No More Glory that's very good.

drippie k
03-15-2007, 11:13 PM
yeah, them n UGK are among the best of the south, along with Outkast, Goodie Mob, Scarface and Three 6 Mafia

Bigot Hitman
03-18-2007, 05:26 PM
I know they have been around for a while and all, but I don't really know much about them. Are there two guys, or more? Cause I saw some of a video with 8Ball and MJG, featuring Lloyd. I forget the name of the song. There were like twenty guys in the video, including a couple of 400 pound guys. I liked the song, except the hook was kinda lame by that Lloyd. I couldn't tell if Lloyd is a girl, or guy? What do you recommend by 8Ball and MJG?

Mjg is the more lyrical and has more intresting flows outa of the two, eightball's delivery is more hardcore and stronger than mjg's though. Like one duke said, comin out hard is one over their two or three classic albums, look for songs called: "Relax an take notes" featuring project pat, and "the first episode"-93'

Just top quality southern artists