PDA

View Full Version : Nas plans new album for summer or fall

tragedykhadafi12
03-12-2007, 08:15 PM
Nas Plans New Album, Goes on Tour and Gets Real
MTV News reports that Nas is planning to release his next album in the summer or fall.

"I'm looking forward to having a summer or fall release," Nas said. "But summer, that's the time of the year I wanna crack it open. I'm having such a good time. Like I said years ago, it's about having fun now. I'm having such a good time, and with the music, I've gotten ahead of myself. I'm just trying to share that with the people now. Because the way I've been feeling after I did [Hip Hop Is Dead], I wanted it to flow a lot freer. I had to get some sh-- off my chest about hip-hop being dead. I know I was gonna be over n---as' heads with the title, so I didn't want to just leave n---as and they couldn't catch up. Now I don't care if they don't catch up. I don't care. I'm all the way gone. When I do this next sh--, I'm outta here. I'm not holding back on this one.

"I did what I had to do," he added. "I'm free with it. I've got the fame, I've had the paper for over a decade. I got the love. A n---a is just flying free and having a bunch of fun. I'm getting my greedy on this year and having a ball. I'm getting my greedy on in a good way, though. I'm having fun. I'm like, 'Could it get any better?' In life, you got ups and downs. I'm enjoying the ups."

Nas' tour starts March 31 in Pittsburgh and ends May 3 in San Francisco. Also coming this year is the MTV reality show "Mr. and Mrs. Jones," which will feature the legendary MC and Kelis.

Nas' One Man, One Mic, One Night Tour dates, according to Def Jam:

3/31 - Pittsburgh, PA @ University of Pittsburgh
4/2 - Cleveland, OH @ House of Blues
4/3 - Baltimore, MD @ Rams Head Live!
4/5 - Norfolk, VA @ The NorVa
4/6 - North Myrtle Beach, SC @ House of Blues
4/7 - Lake Buena Vista, FL @ House of Blues
4/8 - Fort Lauderdale, FL @ Revolution
4/10 - Atlanta, GA @ Tabernacle
4/11 - Charlotte, NC @ Neighborhood Theatre
4/13 - Washington, DC @ Love Nightclub
4/14 - Boston, MA @ Matthews Arena
4/15 - Providence, RI @ Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel
4/16 - Montreal, QC @ Metropolis
4/17 - Toronto, ON @ Kool Haus
4/19 - Detroit, MI @ State Theatre
4/20 - Chicago, IL @ Congress Theater
4/21 - Milwaukee, WI @ Eagles Ballroom
4/22 - Maplewood, MN @ Myth
4/23 - St. Louis, MO @ The Pageant
4/25 - Denver, CO @ Fillmore Auditorium
4/26 - Park City, UT @ Harry O's
4/29 - Las Vegas, NV @ House of Blues
4/30 - West Hollywood, CA @ House of Blues
5/1 - Anaheim, CA @ House of Blues
5/2 - San Diego, CA @ 4th & B Concert Theater
5/3 - San Francisco, CA @ TBD

GENERAL WISE
03-12-2007, 08:47 PM
SERIOUSlY, WHO IS STILL CHECKING FOR NAS?

Smif-N-Wessun
03-13-2007, 04:25 AM

I am...

cap
03-13-2007, 05:51 AM

every reall hip hop head

DJMethods
03-13-2007, 06:20 AM
every reall hip hop head

No.

I'm pissed at him for that wack hip-hop is dead album, when ironically hip-hop is dead because of good emcees (Like himself) selling out. It wasn't a shock, he wasn't making a point about hip-hop no one knew about, infact he was helping the death of hip-hop by signing with Jay Z and releasing that album.

I'll cop his new one, but I'm not gonna hold my breath thinking it's good.

NY_Mami
03-13-2007, 07:19 AM

*raises hand slowly*...........

tragedykhadafi12
03-13-2007, 07:35 AM
Nas is always going to be dope, its just the fans who start to fade. I think you guys are starting to get crunk on me.

TrueDciple
03-13-2007, 07:56 AM
Nasty Nas All the way. Fuck ya'll- :thumbup:

Tha Ill Shogun Lord
03-13-2007, 08:43 AM
acording to how hip hop repeats himself the basics
10 out of ten mics on his next album its bought

Kenny Powers
03-13-2007, 10:20 AM

^A lot of people, HHID sold like 350k in its first week... Does he mean the Lost Tapes 2 as his new album or a completely new one?

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-13-2007, 10:36 AM
every reall hip hop head

Like this guy?

http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/2232/fuuuuvkxp9.jpg

crust
03-13-2007, 10:46 AM

i am. he's still dope. although that hip hop is dead track is wack, but the rest of that album aint that bad. looking foward to what he's gunna bust out.

Dirty Knowledge
03-13-2007, 02:14 PM
-looks for NaS-

11th Chamber
03-13-2007, 05:25 PM
hopefully he can bounce back from his last album

Decka
03-13-2007, 05:32 PM
his back catalogue alone means that ever real hip hop head will be checkin for him

White_Mouse
03-13-2007, 05:34 PM
i only listen to two albums from "Nas"..."Illmatic" and the almost as good follow up "It was Written"...but if he's not holding back then hopefully it'll be as good as those first albums...HOPEFULLY...

Dr Sleepwalker
03-13-2007, 07:22 PM
Nas is dope and i'll always cop a new Nas jus cuz I got faith in him..

I think Nas needs to go to his roots and throw some classic Queensbridge type shit on his new album....

GENERAL WISE
03-13-2007, 10:25 PM
IDK HOW YALL CAN KEEP LISTENING TO NAS, DUDE's MATERIAL AFTER IT WAS WRITTEN is :thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn: :thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn: (actually average-good)...

I AM NOT COMPARING HIS LATER ALBUMS WITH ILLMATIC or IT WAS WRITTEN,( I THINK BOTH ARE 5 MIC CLASSICS), BUT DUDE IS NOT ALL THAT GREAT.

JAY-Z TOO AFTER ReASONABLE DOUBT.

THESE DUDES NEED TO FALL BACK AND STOP RELEASING COMMERCIAL ASS HIP HOP 1nce a YEAR.

chiba
03-13-2007, 10:48 PM
hopefully he will get production from pete rock, large pro, and premo
maybe a timbaland or dre track

Longbongcilvaringz
03-13-2007, 11:27 PM
IDK HOW YALL CAN KEEP LISTENING TO NAS, DUDE's MATERIAL AFTER IT WAS WRITTEN is :thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn: :thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn: (actually average-good)...

I AM NOT COMPARING HIS LATER ALBUMS WITH ILLMATIC or IT WAS WRITTEN,( I THINK BOTH ARE 5 MIC CLASSICS), BUT DUDE IS NOT ALL THAT GREAT.

THESE DUDES NEED TO FALL BACK AND STOP RELEASING COMMERCIAL ASS HIP HOP 1nce a YEAR.

as always, one point man :hooray:

if this album has no premo production, im never buying a nas album again.

lol at the rumours about a fully premo produced album, then rumour about 3/4 premo tracks, then HHIS comes out with mostly wack to average beats and no premo.

nas fucked up, i remember an interview with premo, he was saying that he was ready to work with nas, but nas had been delaying it for some reason.

11th Chamber
03-13-2007, 11:49 PM

*sigh*.......I hate to do this, but again, I agree with you.

Jay-Z and Nas have both fallen off so far.

I havent liked a Jay-Z album since Vol. 2(Blueprint did have its moments), and I havent liked a Nas album since It Was Written(God's Son had its moments)

But still the "hip hop heads" cant get enough of their shit, so whatever

Longbongcilvaringz
03-13-2007, 11:54 PM
well "Stillmatic" was decent, i dont think nas has had the demise that jay z did, because nas has two classic (Illmatic and It Was Written) and has released decent albums, with only one bad one (Nastradamus). I still think he needs to reconsider what hes doing though, otherwise this next album could be his last. jay should have stayed retired.

davedigital360
03-14-2007, 05:04 AM
i seen nas b4 puts on a pretty good show. Of course ill be checkin for nas when he hits the T.O.

Durag
03-14-2007, 05:18 AM
It fuckin pisses me off goin back 2 da likes of illmatic and listening to an album with classic hip hop production, no comerical shit, and only 1 guest verse! Nas proved on dat album that he can carry a whole album by himself and doesnt need the help of anyone else wether they be mainstraim or underground. SO WHY DA FUCK DOES HE HAVE JAY-Z, KAYNE WEST, THE GAME AND FUCKIN SNOOP DOGG ON TRACKS? Nas needs no one, id rather if he put ill underground cats who arent well known to get their name around and promote REAL UNDERGROUND HIP-HOP which is what Nas was originally about.i dunno maybe hes hoping they will increase his sales if thats da case then hes a fuckin sell-out. I still think hes dope but his last 2 albums sucked big time. Maybe his next album wil be a point in da right direction with way better production and fuck all whack ass guest verses but i seriously doubt it.

Jeru
03-14-2007, 03:10 PM
Man I hope this is the Dj Premier produced album.Been waitin on that for a long time now.

maestro wooz
03-14-2007, 03:45 PM
will be at that baltimore concert

THE W
03-14-2007, 05:05 PM
Man I hope this is the Dj Premier produced album.Been waitin on that for a long time now.
whats the deal with that collaboration anyway?

tragedykhadafi12
03-14-2007, 07:48 PM
nah the hip hop is dead album is pretty dope. He just changed a little bit with his style because hes grown but hes still ill. You have to listen to it a couple times maybe, that shit always happens. I didnt like more fish at first that much and I have been listening to that shit non stop lately.

UNCLE RUCKUS
03-14-2007, 08:24 PM
Illmatic 5 mics
It Was Written 4.5 mics
I Am... 4 mics
Nastradamus 2.5 mics
Stillmatic 4 mics
Godīs Son 3.5 mics
Streets Disciple 3 mics
Hip Hop Is Dead 4 mics

Lost Tapes 3.5 mics
Nas is a legend and has the best catalouge besides Rakim as a solo rap artist