View Full Version : Biggie - Ready to Die

LHX
03-13-2007, 07:14 PM
i aint listened to this album in at least 5-6 years

i didnt realize it was so suicidal

good album to re-visit

Kong
03-13-2007, 07:22 PM
classic, i still play it sometimes. it is quite dark.

LHX
03-13-2007, 07:25 PM
classic, i still play it sometimes. it is quite dark.
for real man

it has substance that most albums are lacking these days

some sort of honesty

hard to describe

i gotta get my hands on 'life after death' sometime

Ultimate Fist
03-13-2007, 07:39 PM
Suicidal Thoughts...damn, I dont know many rappers who would have the nuts to drop their ego and be that honest today.

LHX
03-13-2007, 07:51 PM
Rugged Man, U-God, Guru, and RZA are the only other rappers i can recall off the top of my head that approached the issue

WARPATH
03-13-2007, 07:56 PM
I'm always playing the classics. That shit's on my permnanent playlist for I-pod.

But X,

What joint does RZA talk about suicide?

LHX
03-13-2007, 07:58 PM
i recall a track on digital bullet - but i might be mistaken

i think it was that 'build strong' joint

11th Chamber
03-13-2007, 08:11 PM
Rugged Man, U-God, Guru, and RZA are the only other rappers i can recall off the top of my head that approached the issue

about suicide? Em used to be on that shit early in his career if I recall

Joe Budden approches the subject too. His shit is real deep somtimes

Longbongcilvaringz
03-13-2007, 11:31 PM
I'm always playing the classics. That shit's on my permnanent playlist for I-pod.

But X,

What joint does RZA talk about suicide?

gravediggaz?

"Ready to Die" is a hip hop classic, but not a personal classic.

sonny getz
03-14-2007, 12:35 AM
"Ready to Die" is a hip hop classic, but not a personal classic.

co sign, i appreciate his importance, but i've never been much of a biggie fan.

Longbongcilvaringz
03-14-2007, 12:43 AM
yeah, i have come to the conclusion that saying things like that is considered hip hop blasphemy...what a joke. people just throw pac and biggie into their top 5's without even thinking, not that there's anything wrong with it, but apparently there is with not liking either of them.

sonny getz
03-14-2007, 01:10 AM
i feel you man, it's like people are afraid to NOT like pac and biggie. there's so many followers in hiphop it's ridiculous. it's whatever though, cause you can always tell who's a real fan and who isn't.

cap
03-14-2007, 04:14 AM
definitely an amazing album!!
in my top 5 of al time.
i literally didnt take it out my cd player for half a year when i first heard it.
CLASSIC!

Durag
03-14-2007, 05:03 AM
I never really liked life after death. It was too commercial soundin there was a few bangas like Kick in the Door, Hypnotise Notorious thugs etc but i just think it was and still is highly overrated

Kong
03-14-2007, 06:30 AM
for real man

it has substance that most albums are lacking these days

some sort of honesty

hard to describe

like theres no guilt for feeling that way and thats how it should be.

i gotta get my hands on 'life after death' sometime

i'll have it up for you soon, you know where. peace.

Dante
03-14-2007, 08:03 AM
Top 3 album for me.

2L8Lit da croatianMC
03-14-2007, 08:09 AM
a classic... i think Gimme The Loot is my fav track...

Edgar Erebus
03-14-2007, 08:14 AM
Naw, I can't decide on one favorite... There are so many songs that are fucking creepy, knawI'msayin, that sound like some real shit was goin on wit him. I think trio of best to me would be "Warning", "Me & My Bitch", "Suicidal Thoughts".

Damn, thanks God that I didn't listen to it in the time I had suicidal thoughts... Y'all wouldn't read me now.

RAMESH
03-14-2007, 03:32 PM
ready to die is a great cd my fav track has to be the what even though meth outshined him on that one
i also love that track gimme the loot & suicidle thought was good
what's that mc's name on gimme the loot what happened to him?

Sean
03-14-2007, 03:46 PM
There isn't a single skippable track on this album, it's definitely a personal classic.

Storm
03-14-2007, 03:46 PM
gimme the loot is probably my favorite on dat cd, that & things done changed & juicy are my top 3 favorites

UNCLE RUCKUS
03-14-2007, 03:49 PM
ready to die is a great cd my fav track has to be the what even though meth outshined him on that one
i also love that track gimme the loot & suicidle thought was good

Yeah I love how Meth comes in on that THOD shit was slick Warning is crazy. There were a few throwaways on that cd though I love it; maybe better than Life After Death. I can understand people saying Pac is overrated but Biggie shut the fuck up BIG was the best.

RAMESH
03-14-2007, 04:07 PM
lyricly i woud say hands down big was better than pac but pac was much more deeper than big

The_SZAs
03-14-2007, 04:15 PM
this album better than life after death but when people say its like the best rap album in like'?' when people say he's the best rapper im like'?' Meth outshines him on his own album. its agreat album and i dont play it as much as i should, but its way overrated.
dont forget fellas its cus of him and 2pac we have people like 50 cent

UNCLE RUCKUS
03-14-2007, 04:23 PM
lyricly i woud say hands down big was better than pac but pac was much more deeper than big

I know what youre saying Pac had heart and a message but BIG was one of the greatest ever, dude could spit just watch The Show.

RAMESH
03-14-2007, 04:27 PM
i still like pac more but i never get the time to listen to any of the 2 cause there is just too much wu related music coming out

WuGambino
03-14-2007, 04:32 PM
It's ok...

crust
03-14-2007, 04:38 PM
There isn't a single skippable track on this album, it's definitely a personal classic.

word. when i got my hands on this i was in shock! back in 95 i was only 12 and this was definitely the hardest shit i had heard from anyone. i had it on tape and i played it so much that the tape fucken broke!! haha soon after i got a job(cutting lawns) and finally bought a cd player and bought it on cd...and it never came out of my rotation. top 3 status! classic.

UNCLE RUCKUS
03-14-2007, 05:18 PM
There are skippable tracks though to be fair

Dante
03-15-2007, 07:48 AM
Gimme The Loot is my favorite track on this.

Thought i'd just let y'all know.

Edgar Erebus
03-15-2007, 09:08 AM
this album better than life after death but when people say its like the best rap album in like'?' when people say he's the best rapper im like'?' Meth outshines him on his own album. its agreat album and i dont play it as much as i should, but its way overrated.

Nope, you wrong. Meth is as good as him one one song which by far ain't best on the album.

dont forget fellas its cus of him and 2pac we have people like 50 cent

And because of Wu-Tang Clan we have groups like G-Unit.

Sean
03-15-2007, 12:23 PM
There are skippable tracks though to be fair

Which ones?

UNCLE RUCKUS
03-15-2007, 12:43 PM
Friend of Mine IMO and Me and My Bitch isnt great either and Respect can get annoying still a classic though

DR. NICK RIVIERA
03-15-2007, 01:02 PM
Friend of Mine IMO and Me and My Bitch isnt great either and Respect can get annoying still a classic though

Friend of mine is still better than some tracks about girls on Life After Death...

IMO all songs are dope, and some are *very* dope (unbelievable for example)

UNCLE RUCKUS
03-15-2007, 01:46 PM
Friend of mine is still better than some tracks about girls on Life After Death...

IMO all songs are dope, and some are *very* dope (unbelievable for example)

yeah it is better overall than LAD cause that had a bit of filler Im not saying anything is wack on this just not Unbelievable or Warning dope he set the bar too high with those Illmatic beats this song for song for me

LHX
03-15-2007, 02:23 PM
i never really liked Biggie too much back in the day - i remember the first time i listened to the album - the only reason i listened was for the meth track

but I have gained a lot of respect for him over the past 3 days

his style is effortless and natural

there are some tracks on the album that i could do without

on his best day - Biggie is a top lyricist no problem

i have a hunch that if given the opportunity he could have been as prolific in writing rhymes as Doom

UNCLE RUCKUS
03-15-2007, 02:24 PM
hes one of the best ever! watch the Show again for real

TSA
03-16-2007, 09:29 AM
a classic... i think Gimme The Loot is my fav track...

hahah i thought it was featuring ODB for like a month,

and how are you sluts forgetting

"THE WHAT"

Ready to Die is probably one of the best albums in hip hop outside of Illmatic cause it's amazing how deeep into is mind he really takes you, how personal everything is, and how honest and real he is about everything

THE W
03-16-2007, 11:15 AM
"unbelievable" is my favorite on there. premo blessed him.

that album is gotta be worth crazy loot with it being out of print and all.

Sean
03-17-2007, 09:08 AM
You can still buy a remaster of the album, so it's not really out of print.

bloodyhookz
03-17-2007, 09:19 PM
I used to git feels on a bitch/ now I throw shields on the dick/ to stop me from that hiv shit/ and niggas know they soft like a twinkie fillin'/ playin' the villain/ prepare for this rap killin'/ Biggie Smalls is the illest/ your style is played out, like Arnold with that "what you talkin' 'bout Willis"/ the thrill is gone, the black Frank White's here to excite/ throwing dick to dikes/ bitches I like 'em brainless/ guns I like 'em stainless steel/ I want the fuckin' fortune like the wheel/ I squeeze gats til my clips are empty/ don't tempt me...

How does Meth outshine Biggie on this? Really?

welcome to my centre/ honeys, fill 'em deep in they placenta/ cold as the cold in the winter/ far from the inventor/ but I got this rap shit sewn/ and when my mack unloads/ I'm guaranteed another video/ ready to die, why I act that way?/ pop duke left mom duke, the faggot took the back way/ so instead of makin' hoes suck my dick up/ I used to fill clips up/ 'cause hoes is irritating like the hiccups/ excuse me/ flows just run through me/ like trees to branches/ cliffs to avalanches/ it's the prane mantis/ deep as the mind of Farrakon/ a mothafuckin' rap phenomenon/ plus { I got more gats and teks than you}/ I make it hot, { niggas won't even stand next to you}/ nigga touch me you better bust me 3 times in the head/ or mothafuckas dead/ you thought something.....

I had to write these verses down for y'all to read and take in the genius of Biggie's writing skills, fav verses from Biggie all time

crust
03-17-2007, 10:00 PM
yo! i thought on gimme tha loot biggie was playing dual rolls, by changing up his voice alittle? maybe i'm wrong and its another rapper but it sounds a lot like it biggie.....anyone?

bloodyhookz
03-17-2007, 10:06 PM
it's Biggie on both voices, I used to think the same thing!

crust
03-17-2007, 10:50 PM

oh its cuz i read this and i was like; i thought it was biggie? yeah. peace.

Bedlam
03-18-2007, 11:29 AM
smh at people not realizing Gimme the Loot is Biggie doing two voices. wow..................................

UNCLE RUCKUS
03-18-2007, 11:39 AM
yeah that is funny man

crust
03-18-2007, 11:53 AM
great! now i look like the jack ass. haha :(

xHard to Earnx
03-18-2007, 12:30 PM
"unbelievable" is my favorite on there. premo blessed him.

that album is gotta be worth crazy loot with it being out of print and all.

It just got reissued a few months ago. It's never gone out of print, other than when the sales were banned due to an uncleared sample.

Dante
03-18-2007, 05:07 PM
I used to git feels on a bitch/ now I throw shields on the dick/ to stop me from that hiv shit/ and niggas know they soft like a twinkie fillin'/ playin' the villain/ prepare for this rap killin'/ Biggie Smalls is the illest/ your style is played out, like Arnold with that "what you talkin' 'bout Willis"/ the thrill is gone, the black Frank White's here to excite/ throwing dick to dikes/ bitches I like 'em brainless/ guns I like 'em stainless steel/ I want the fuckin' fortune like the wheel/ I squeeze gats til my clips are empty/ don't tempt me...

How does Meth outshine Biggie on this? Really?

welcome to my centre/ honeys, fill 'em deep in they placenta/ cold as the cold in the winter/ far from the inventor/ but I got this rap shit sewn/ and when my mack unloads/ I'm guaranteed another video/ ready to die, why I act that way?/ pop duke left mom duke, the faggot took the back way/ so instead of makin' hoes suck my dick up/ I used to fill clips up/ 'cause hoes is irritating like the hiccups/ excuse me/ flows just run through me/ like trees to branches/ cliffs to avalanches/ it's the prane mantis/ deep as the mind of Farrakon/ a mothafuckin' rap phenomenon/ plus { I got more gats and teks than you}/ I make it hot, { niggas won't even stand next to you}/ nigga touch me you better bust me 3 times in the head/ or mothafuckas dead/ you thought something.....

I had to write these verses down for y'all to read and take in the genius of Biggie's writing skills, fav verses from Biggie all time

Classic verses by Biggie, but personally i feel Meth's 2 verses a little bit more. Meth sounded raw as fuck on that joint

bloodyhookz
03-18-2007, 07:23 PM
I hear you man, I used to think that too back then, but over the years, you can hear Biggie was ahead of his time with those verses, overall they both killed it, but Biggie is too grimey on this joint!

Dante
03-18-2007, 07:42 PM
BIG and Meth had great chemistry. It woulda been great to see them perform that joint together live.