PDA

View Full Version : Racists are stupid

Ultimate Fist
03-15-2007, 12:03 AM
What a suprise

http://www.clubs.psu.edu/up/sayar/riqs.htm

But the article does bring up on intereesting question: does racism attract idiots or do idiots fall back on racism because they're too dumb to think of better explanations?

EAGLE EYE
03-15-2007, 12:09 AM
I have a shaved head, Im not a racist

beautifulrock
03-15-2007, 12:39 AM
what about misanthropes?

crass
03-15-2007, 01:19 AM
as far as skinheads = racism, most are nonracist/anti-racist. nazi boneheads ruined the skinhead image for a lot of people. SHARP (skinheads against racial prejudice) skins kick the fuck out of nazis and racists

Visionz
03-15-2007, 01:33 AM
^do you think anybody's changed their mind after catchin a good asswhoopin?

AcidPhosphate69
03-15-2007, 01:39 AM
Prolly not but in some cases I'm sure it's warranted.

crass
03-15-2007, 01:58 AM
^do you think anybody's changed their mind after catchin a good asswhoopin?

some people might have. but that's not what i was saying anyway. i'm just saying that some people might think skinheads are all dedicated to racist beliefs, but more skinheads are dedicated to wiping those beliefs off the earth with their doc martens. tee hee.

http://interpunk.com/itemimages2/42524.jpg

Ultimate Fist
03-15-2007, 02:16 AM
I know skinheads aren't racist. Do the skinheads need an anti-defamation group? SATDONRS Skinheads Against The Defamation of Non-Racist Skinheads?

crass
03-15-2007, 02:22 AM
no they don't. what are you talking about? are you trying to be ironic?

Visionz
03-15-2007, 02:47 AM
some people might have. but that's not what i was saying anyway. i'm just saying that some people might think skinheads are all dedicated to racist beliefs, but more skinheads are dedicated to wiping those beliefs off the earth with their doc martens. tee hee.

http://interpunk.com/itemimages2/42524.jpgwell lets hope it eventually works

RAMESH
03-15-2007, 06:43 AM
it's a free world if a man doesn't like a certain race let it be
if he says somthing to offend you give him a reason not to like you

Sexy Jasper
03-15-2007, 06:48 AM
if he says somthing to offend you give him a reason not to like youAgreed.

RAMESH
03-15-2007, 06:55 AM
please don't ever quote me again just leave me alone

beautifulrock
03-15-2007, 06:55 AM
if he says somthing to offend you give him a reason not to like you

u r the best ra, can i start ur fanclub? u r black correct? hows apartheid treatin you? they say its over but i dont buy it.

whiteys unite to achieve newfound glory

Sexy Jasper
03-15-2007, 07:12 AM

Cry

Cry

Cry

RAMESH
03-15-2007, 07:14 AM
not crying man i'm just being sexist
i don't look at you as a man & i don't want to affiliated with you in anyway makes me look bad when fags quote me

Sexy Jasper
03-15-2007, 07:20 AM
not crying man i'm just being sexist
i don't look at you as a man & i don't want to affiliated with you in anyway makes me look bad when fags quote me
You're just playing hard to get. I'll get you sooner or later, silly.

I think at least 70% of the people on this planet are racist. Some of 'm just don't know, because they're stupid. Which explains the theory of the article in the first post.

beautifulrock
03-15-2007, 07:21 AM
ra as president of your fan club i feel it is my duty,no responsibility to hunt jasper down and kill him for you. maybe i can bury his remains on pen island.
whatcha think? sound good?

RAMESH
03-15-2007, 07:28 AM
jasper could be a cool cat his got all the right to do what he wants to do
i just don't want to be part of it honestly i got no respect for the cat & i hope he feels the same way about me to
respect is earned maybe when i see this cat starts making sence & drops better humour he could be worth talking to in time

beautifulrock
03-15-2007, 07:58 AM
yea but he's from south dakota, they outlawed humor there

Gawd
03-15-2007, 09:30 AM
jasper is a cool cat you dumpalicious shit monkey.

and i say that from the heart. from the heart

LHX
03-15-2007, 09:46 AM
warmth ITT

Gawd
03-15-2007, 09:51 AM
hello lhx my old friend.

WARPATH
03-15-2007, 10:04 AM
yea but he's from south dakota, they outlawed humor there

No Doubt,

That's why I got him locked in a trunk in my basement, in a black leather Gimp Suit.

Don't fuck with South Dakota, Niggas is hard core up in this bitch.:dududu:

beautifulrock
03-15-2007, 10:24 AM
No Doubt,

That's why I got him locked in a trunk in my basement, in a black leather Gimp Suit.

Don't fuck with South Dakota, Niggas is hard core up in this bitch.:dududu:

hey zed, thats some pulp fiction shit right there

Gawd
03-15-2007, 10:27 AM
only fags keep leather clad gimps in a trunk in their basement.

lawls...since when do trailers come with basements?

WARPATH
03-15-2007, 10:56 AM
only fags keep leather clad gimps in a trunk in their basement.

lawls...since when do trailers come with basements?

You seem to know a lot about the homosexual community their buddy. ;D

Weren't you the one that was bragging you could stop anal leakage with a tamp-on?

RAMESH
03-15-2007, 10:58 AM
ed you another cat i can't like all you do is fuck up treads like your friend jasper with your dumb humour i just can't stand u ya'll

Gawd
03-15-2007, 11:04 AM
Weren't you the one that was bragging you could stop anal leakage with a tamp-on? your thinking of another convo....another forum....lawls. as for seeming to know...lawls. you described an obvious homo sex act and fantasy. that is just common sense.

ed you another cat i can't like all you do is fuck up treads like your friend jasper with your dumb humour i just can't stand u ya'll
ramesh y dont you double post about it k? fucktard

RAMESH
03-15-2007, 11:12 AM
your thinking of another convo....another forum....lawls. as for seeming to know...lawls. you described an obvious homo sex act and fantasy. that is just common sense.

what do you want from me ed?

WARPATH
03-15-2007, 11:23 AM
your thinking of another convo....another forum....lawls. as for seeming to know...lawls. you described an obvious homo sex act and fantasy. that is just common sense.

Nah, Actually I was just wondering how a fat faggot can hold 20 pounds of shit inside his body, when his sacred hoop is stretched open.

Really edward, you just made an example of yourself with this thread.

An overweight racist person. Your mind isn't healthy and your body is reflection of that.

Are you still upset from that last thrashing I gave you? You deal with emotions like a girl, that's why you threw "slaughtering Injuns" up there under your avatar. Man that shit makes me feel real good. Let's me know that i'm getting to you.

But let's be real for a minute. This is the Internet, I know this the only place you can vent your prejiducies. I do the same sometimes.

But really, who you trying to impress? I thought about it, these little skirmishes we have make us both come out lookin stupid.

A bunch of men, sitting on the computer, bitching at each other........

yo ed

Get off my dick.

Gawd
03-15-2007, 11:32 AM
cliff notes plz...

RAMESH
03-15-2007, 11:56 AM
i agree with you soldier it doesn't only make us look stupid it makes the whole corp look weak with guys like ed in it
please ed leave us alone there is nothing i can do to you through my computer & to argue with you makes us look dumb but a man can't ignore an insult so just leave us alone & we will leave you alone

Gawd
03-15-2007, 12:20 PM
ramesh......the whole KTL is full of racism and retardation.

you can have it....lawls

Sexy Jasper
03-15-2007, 05:24 PM
ed you another cat i can't like all you do is fuck up treads like your friend jasper with your dumb humour i just can't stand u ya'llUhm, you're the one who stirred this thread so much off topic. I simply agreed with you. Then you started acting all high and mighty like you're the Jesus of goat fisting.

Don't be such a prissy little prom queen.

RAMESH
03-15-2007, 05:53 PM
please leave me the fuck alone we from 2 diffrent worlds i just don't like people like you i never have i don't want you to agree with me i just want to be left alone i don't give a fuck about south dakota i don't want to know nothing about you
your say means nothing to me i don't even look at you as men
i don't want to insult you guys because you do have a right to live but i don't want to be involved with u cats in anyway please try & understand i'm a coloured south african i'm still coming to terms of liking white people i'm trying hard but it's cats like you that fuck it up for me
please just leave me the fuck alone

Sexy Jasper
03-15-2007, 06:09 PM
There's a nifty little feature on this webforum where you can ignore certain people. You might try it. Or you could go on with your semi homoerotic antics and stay a weeping drama vagina.

I choose not to let anyones words bother me to the point where I beg them to 'leave me alone'. I could care a fuck less about your colour and country, to me you're just that whining cunt.

RAMESH
03-15-2007, 06:12 PM
why do you want to torment me?
you know very well that i don't like you but you will do things to aggravate me all the time
like a kid at the zoo throwing stones at the animals
please just leave me alone

Sexy Jasper
03-15-2007, 06:21 PM
I don't even know who you are. Really. What have I done or said that got you so angry? Out of the blue you started bitching out for quoting you, what is with you?

Gawd
03-15-2007, 06:23 PM
get off the internets ramesh. gtfo

RAMESH
03-15-2007, 06:28 PM
fuck u jasper you lieing bitch you know what this is about you fuckin coward
you not even man enough to admit that you going out of your way to fuck with me u know full well what i will do to you in person & you getting a kick out of it by tormenting me over the net like a bitch sexy jasper fuckin name says it all

Gawd
03-15-2007, 06:31 PM
you make it real easy to fuck with you its like all we have to do is type some words ups and pooooof! youve been fucked with

now log off

Sexy Jasper
03-15-2007, 06:31 PM
Hahahaa! Inform me, what is this all about? Did I disagree with you in the past? When someone disagrees with you, does it make you angry and do you beat those people up if they don't agree with you in real life?

Gawd
03-15-2007, 06:33 PM
ramesh will continue to become the destroyed with this type of female hormone driven attitude

RAMESH
03-15-2007, 06:35 PM
ed you a complete waste of time cats like you suffer from a major inferiority complex you come on the net with your stupid dumb ass lines thinking you cool wake up buddy you just an irritation that fucks up threads u shouldn't even listen to wu-tang stick with your rock music son it's a shame that cats with cash has got the freedom to buy their music of choice you not the fuck worthy to listen to this

abasi
03-15-2007, 06:35 PM
Come on guys
Chill

RAMESH
03-15-2007, 06:36 PM
both of you cats are fuckin joke
rape victims

Gawd
03-15-2007, 06:38 PM
if im a waste of time why do you reply?

pwnt n1g n0g

also....LAwls

Ultimate Fist
03-15-2007, 08:25 PM
What happened to my poor thread?

Honestly, I'm wondering about that question about racism and stupidity.

Gawd
03-15-2007, 08:27 PM
racists are stoopid dood. we know.

Ultimate Fist
03-15-2007, 08:55 PM
does racism attract idiots or do idiots fall back on racism because they're too dumb to think of better explanations?

Black Man
03-15-2007, 09:05 PM
does racism attract idiots or do idiots fall back on racism because they're too dumb to think of better explanations?

Why can't racism be the answer to said question?

Ultimate Fist
03-15-2007, 09:11 PM
Could you elaborate? I'm not sure I get what you mean.

Gawd
03-15-2007, 10:06 PM

he is trying to say we are racist for fucking the thread up. racisim is his answer for everything that eludes, tricks or simply out smarts him.

froth
03-15-2007, 11:41 PM
heres a short comedy video i made about 7 years ago with some friends. im the skinhead. the book at the end is a bible but my friend just had some new version looking thing. its satire of course

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSpgU-PwDH0

WARPATH
03-15-2007, 11:51 PM
ha ha!

oy oy White Power! oy oy fuckin' white! oy oy

froth
03-15-2007, 11:57 PM
hahah yeah

beautifulrock
03-16-2007, 12:14 AM
White Power White Power White Power

Hot Shower Hot Shower Hot Shower

RAMESH
03-16-2007, 03:21 AM
if im a waste of time why do you reply?

pwnt n1g n0g

also....LAwls
the reason why i reply to u fuckheads is because all a man got is his name & his word & you trying to fuck with my name that's why i asked you real nice to leave me the fuck alone because i can't fuck your name up because it's worth nothing your say is worth nothing it makes me look real stupid when i argue with you cock suckers but it makes me look worse when i leave you to shit on my name
i know you must be getting a pain that i didn't get banned get the fuck over it just leave me alone
i know you young adults & you guys like to play & mess around but you can't play with me like that i'm a very hard man but i can take a joke but only to a small extent
you cats must come right you must realise when you talking to africans muslims indians we are angry people we upset there is alot of pain in us we don't take shit lightly

DJMethods
03-16-2007, 06:18 AM
Greatest thread ever

abasi
03-16-2007, 08:43 AM
ramesh just leave it alone
you dont have to explain yourself
just get some tougher skin

Black Man
03-16-2007, 09:54 AM

It seems as if you're saying racism can never be the reason for something. It seems as if you think that when people say "racism" it's a cop-out, they can't think of a better explanation.

My question is, why can't "racism" be the answer? Why is the person who uses "racism" to explain something referred as being "to dumb to think of better explanations?"

Gawd
03-16-2007, 09:58 AM
black man is a reverse white racist

RAMESH
03-16-2007, 10:25 AM
ramesh just leave it alone
you dont have to explain yourself
just get some tougher skin
most guys would just leave it alone but i won't

abasi
03-16-2007, 01:23 PM
yeah but its not even worth it
but if u have something to prove
ok

RAMESH
03-16-2007, 02:45 PM
i'm not trying to prove shit i just don't want some wack bitches around me all the time simple as that

Sexy Jasper
03-16-2007, 03:12 PM
You're really over reacting now. I just quoted this guy and he went all berserk! Dude is a total psycho.

RAMESH
03-16-2007, 06:05 PM
i told you cocksucker because that's what your face looks like a real puss
you want to dhalla me swuk you don't know south africans you kunt
you can be so fuckin lucky i can't get my hands on you i will put a bullet through your head
how do you even look at yourself in the mirror & still got the balls to put your picture up in a wu-tang site?
you one sorry looking bitch

Sexy Jasper
03-16-2007, 07:13 PM
I didn't see you post any pictures so why don't put your money where your mouth is. I'm a handsome young man and girls dig me, you can stare at my pictures all day, but it doesn't change the fact that you're a borderline retard who angrily shakes his fist at computer screen every time someone disagrees with him. Half of what you're saying doesn't even make sense. Get some proper education, black.

Frontal Lobotomy
03-16-2007, 07:44 PM
Is this some kind of long-standing joke? I don't get it.

RAMESH
03-17-2007, 03:26 AM
I didn't see you post any pictures so why don't put your money where your mouth is. I'm a handsome young man and girls dig me, you can stare at my pictures all day, but it doesn't change the fact that you're a borderline retard who angrily shakes his fist at computer screen every time someone disagrees with him. Half of what you're saying doesn't even make sense. Get some proper education, black.
i changed my picture about 4 times already but i'm no fancy boy i'm not into the gay shit sexy jasper
on the real sexy jasper you look weak very soft looking like a man that's been pampered all his life
i still don't understand how people like you can like somthing that i like gives me the shivers
the reason why i don't have an education is because i never had what you had sexy jasper maybe because i'm certified black mixed with a raw deal i might be jelous but i'm not pissed i make my own way stand on my own two feet i was born a man & that's the diffrence between us sexy jasper
i don't want to be quoted by a piss looking fucker if it was my site i would have a speacial section for cats like you that can express their views
what it all comes down to is you want to take me for a kunt & when i say somthing you agree with then you want to give me your stamp of aprovel go fuck yourself
i didn't want to be rude to you jasper i didn't want to insult you i asked you nice to stay away from me i don't want to degrade you but you leave me no choice

Marc051
03-17-2007, 05:01 AM
I notice alot how both blacks and whites gang up against asians like a bunch of punk ass bitches

RAMESH
03-17-2007, 06:11 AM
if you are that asian that lets others gang up on you then the fault lies with you
why do you tolerate it?

UNCLE RUCKUS
03-17-2007, 11:00 AM
fuck everytbody that thinks/acts superior

Gawd
03-17-2007, 11:23 AM
most guys would just leave it alone but i won't

how many times did you beg to be left alone? ahahahaha

RAMESH
03-17-2007, 02:08 PM
if i didn't start the shit i'm not going to step down we can go on forever until you step down
better just walk away ed

Gawd
03-17-2007, 02:48 PM
eD walk away? bitch puhleez.......

Sexy Jasper
03-17-2007, 04:16 PM
if i didn't start the shit i'm not going to step down we can go on forever until you step down
better just walk away ed
Uhm, yes you started all the drama. I don't mind though, because you keep playing ya self. Suckaaaaaaa!

RAMESH
03-17-2007, 04:53 PM
you cats are weak it's clear i don't want nothing to do with you but you just want my recognition i should actually feel complimented if only you guys wern't so wack it would of been cool
why don't you cats put some pictures of yourselves up so the rest of the corp can understand why i don't want to have nothing to do with ya'll

Gawd
03-17-2007, 04:58 PM
ive posted my pics nig nog.....they are legend.

Sexy Jasper
03-17-2007, 04:58 PM
Why are you making such a big deal of this? Do you really care about who the fuck talks to you? Sorry for harming your e-rep by quoting you, jeez.

Something tells me you like all the attention. Must been neglected as a child. Educate yourself, fool.

Gawd
03-17-2007, 05:21 PM
ramesh is a killah bra......lawls

RAMESH
03-17-2007, 05:35 PM
yes i do care who talks to me when i come in here i like to talk to cats from around the world there is alot of guys on the site who i like talking to or even hearing their views on things or just the way they think
i don't come here because i want to fight and argue with people
the problem i got with you jasper is that i was explaining the impact of 2pac on african youth & it was harsh you didn't like it not that it really involved you but either way you jumped in & took shots at me
that same cat was so upset with the fact that i didn't like eminem that he wanted to have me banned from the site he even started a patition to ban me
i had to stand back & watch how people judge me wasn't cool i took that personal so from you people who don't like me or want to be rude to me i don't want to have nothing to do with you
to the rest of the people who i like talking to know how i am & they willing to look past my faults & when i say somthing fucked up correct me in a style where i can think to myself you know ra what said over there was fucked up
i don't want to be assosiated with cats that going to hit me like hey ra you dumb you sick you fucked up i don't want any of that
this is not a very big site most cats know each other we get to know each other
we share a common goal we like wu-tang
i don't want to get banned & don't want to be dissrespected
so when ever i get approached by people like you i will just tell you stay away from me please i think that is polite & honest just like how i told you
it doesn't matter what you look like jasper or who you are i just want you to leave me alone so i can enjoy my expierience at the wu-corp more

Gawd
03-17-2007, 05:36 PM
write another paragraph about it.

RAMESH
03-17-2007, 05:42 PM
ramesh is a killah bra......lawls
from the 1st time we met i didn't like you ed you came into a thread i started & your 1st words were ban user & since then you been giving me problems i just don't like you
there is alot morepeople who don't like me so don't feel bad

Gawd
03-17-2007, 05:44 PM
who says i dont like you? lawls you give yourself to much credits.....besides retards are cute and such.

RAMESH
03-17-2007, 05:51 PM
trying to get a me banned is a great way of showing it

Gawd
03-17-2007, 05:54 PM
lawls. if i wanted you banned id push the button.

dont take the words to the heart. they can decieve you.

asshat

Sexy Jasper
03-17-2007, 05:59 PM
yes i do care who talks to me when i come in here i like to talk to cats from around the world there is alot of guys on the site who i like talking to or even hearing their views on things or just the way they think
i don't come here because i want to fight and argue with people
the problem i got with you jasper is that i was explaining the impact of 2pac on african youth & it was harsh you didn't like it not that it really involved you but either way you jumped in & took shots at me
that same cat was so upset with the fact that i didn't like eminem that he wanted to have me banned from the site he even started a patition to ban me
i had to stand back & watch how people judge me wasn't cool i took that personal so from you people who don't like me or want to be rude to me i don't want to have nothing to do with you
to the rest of the people who i like talking to know how i am & they willing to look past my faults & when i say somthing fucked up correct me in a style where i can think to myself you know ra what said over there was fucked up
i don't want to be assosiated with cats that going to hit me like hey ra you dumb you sick you fucked up i don't want any of that
this is not a very big site most cats know each other we get to know each other
we share a common goal we like wu-tang
i don't want to get banned & don't want to be dissrespected
so when ever i get approached by people like you i will just tell you stay away from me please i think that is polite & honest just like how i told you
it doesn't matter what you look like jasper or who you are i just want you to leave me alone so i can enjoy my expierience at the wu-corp more99% bullshit.

http://discharges.org/h/1101/

Gawd
03-17-2007, 05:59 PM
Change thread title to 'Ramesh becomes the destroyed'

RAMESH
03-17-2007, 06:05 PM
i don't like decieving people

Gawd
03-17-2007, 06:06 PM
Sure you dont. We can see clearly that you are a womanish member.

RAMESH
03-17-2007, 06:17 PM
ok ed you win you don't have to worry about me getting banned from the site i'm not coming back

Gawd
03-17-2007, 06:18 PM
see you later aligator.

RAMESH
03-19-2007, 03:35 AM
I checked out the other wu-tang sites & I donít like them so Iím not going to leave this one
Since I joined this site itís been the 1st time in my life that cats had been rude to me & got away with it
Down here I am very respected cats donít talk back to me no matter what I say they just agree
there is people that I would just agree with because I wouldnít want to get myself killed but thatís a selected few I worked my way quite high up I never was a general but I could have been if I wanted to
How it works in Africa is the strongest man is always right if you want to question his authority u must be prepared for battle
I have got a big head down here I worked hard & did some cold things for the respect
I donít want my name pissed on
I know I can bring something to the site even if it is just some basic street knowledge thatís about the only thing I can teach you people about because thatís the only thing I know
In future I will watch more carefully what I say & I will keep my humour to myself because I can understand why you people wonít catch my humour
In future i wonít be rude to any of you & I expect the same

froth
03-20-2007, 09:00 AM
ramesh seems like a bitch

Gawd
03-20-2007, 01:22 PM
ramesh seems like a bitch.

RAMESH
03-20-2007, 04:15 PM
ramesh is a south african

Gawd
03-20-2007, 04:21 PM
* golf clap

RAMESH
03-20-2007, 04:29 PM
?

RAMESH
03-20-2007, 05:52 PM
Guns, gangs and culture of violence

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1915000/images/_1919382_safrica_guns2_ap.jpg Many children admire and emulate gangsters

http://news.bbc.co.uk/furniture/nothing.gif</IMG>http://news.bbc.co.uk/furniture/nothing.gif</IMG>By the BBC's Carolyn Dempster
Johannesburg http://news.bbc.co.uk/furniture/grey_pixel.gifhttp://news.bbc.co.uk/furniture/nothing.gif
South Africa is so steeped in violence, it has become a way of life, a culture that holds a dangerous allure for today's youth.
"I was born in a cruel world, I'm living in a cruel world, and I'll die in a cruel world. I haven't got money so what must I do? I must steal that car to get money to support my wife and children and my brothers. They are all looking up to me."
So speaks "Killer", a gangster working for a car hijacking syndicate in Johannesburg.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/furniture/startquote.gif
Children are fraught with the fear of violence
http://news.bbc.co.uk/furniture/endquote.gif
Lynn Cawood
Childline director
He is typical of the "amagents" - the streetwise gangsters motivated by need, and greed, who fuel the crime wave and the fear which pervades South Africa's townships.
They are mostly young, some only 12 or 13 years old, but they have already been initiated into violence.
In 2000, the child protection organisation Childline ran a national art competition to raise awareness around the issue of child abuse.
Drawing shows rape
The theme was "Rainbow Kids". At least 70% of the pictures submitted by 2,000 children showed images of death, guns, abuse, drugs, drunkenness, poverty and despair.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1915000/images/_1919382_safrica_aids_nomsa_ap.jpg Aids and violence threaten children's future

In one particularly disturbing drawing, two men stand on either side of a semi-naked woman tied to a tree.
One man has his trousers around his ankles and is trying to kiss her.
The other is holding a gun to her head.

Childline's director Lynn Cawood said the vast majority of artworks revealed that South Africa's children are "fraught with the fear of violence and suffering post-traumatic stress".
What is more worrying is that gangsterism is glamorised.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1915000/images/_1919382_sa_crime_150gra.gif
Jill Eagle, a psychology lecturer at the University of the Witwatersrand, says when children do not see wrongdoers being punished, their sense of morality is distorted.
"Bad people are seen to be rewarded. Known criminals are seen driving flashy cars and wearing smart clothing."
Apartheid left its own bitter legacy of poverty, inequality and the nobility of violence in the struggle to end an oppressive system.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/furniture/blu_arrow_down.gif <A href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/1919382.stm#graph">Click here to see international murder rates compared
The political transition ushered in uncertainty and more crime. South Africa is no different from other societies like Russia in this regard.
What is different, says Martin Schonteich, a senior researcher with the Institute for Security Studies in Pretoria, is that there was already a willingness, deeply embedded in South African society, to use violence to solve fairly minor disputes.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/furniture/startquote.gif
I am used to seeing someone being killed
http://news.bbc.co.uk/furniture/endquote.gif
Tjovito - gangster
South Africa's black youth also had high expectations that democracy would bring more jobs and a better quality of life.
That hasn't happened. In some cases they have taken out their disillusionment and anger by turning to crime.
"Affirmative shopping" is an ironic term used to describe the theft of property from affluent whites by black youths.
It's also an attempt to legitimise crime by placing it in the context of racial oppression and disadvantage.
"I am used to seeing someone being killed. Before, I was scared - I could not watch - but now it's OK with me," a gangster called Tjovito told researchers from the Centre for Violence and Reconciliation.
Brutality earns respect
The more brutal and daring the crime, the more respect there is in the criminal underworld.
"In crime there is a hierarchy," says Tjovito. "You grow from strength to strength until you are up there doing the business where there is a lot of money.
"When you are there we respect you and to us you are like someone working on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange".
What makes it easier for criminals to prosper is the easy access to guns.
Out of an estimated 14 million guns in circulation, only four million are registered and licensed to legal gun owners.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1915000/images/_1919382_safrica_shooting_ap.jpg Guns are often a feature in violent crime

Gangsters say guns are easy to buy or steal, and are seen as a critical part of the crime ritual.
Historically, South Africans of all ethnic groups have claimed a right to a weapon, usually the gun, as a symbol of their masculinity and power.
This right is now being claimed by scores of young black men who have been repeatedly marginalised by society.
The anti-gun lobby, led by Sheena Duncan of the Gun Control Alliance, would like the private possession of guns banned, saying guns are used in almost 75% of violent crimes.
The danger posed by a combination of gun culture, violent crime, and South Africa's exploding Aids pandemic, was outlined by Virginia Gamba, head of the arms management programme at the Institute of Security Studies.
Orphans
"In 12 years time you'll have at least a quarter of a million orphans, with no role models to guide them. They won't care less, because they themselves are infected with HIV.
"They will have access to guns, unless of course the gun control legislation works.
"The escalation of violence could be so great, that it becomes the only determinant of whether life is worth living or not."
The picture she paints is not only bleak, it threatens the very foundations of the democracy upon which South Africa is built.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1915000/images/_1919382_int_murder2_300.gif