PDA

View Full Version : Who is a Beat Junkie or Crate Digger?

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
03-16-2007, 07:42 PM
Any of you mofos addicted to hip hop beats and all that??

I aint looking out for vinyl or a wannabe producer but I am certified beat addict

Thats what makes 90s new york hip hop so special to me, all that grimmy rza and premo tracks ------> to madlib and mf doom and all that underground shit

shiiit even elijay wood is a stones throw fan so it can get to anyone

its like a drug that I can't give up

btw pete rock's Underground Classics is the best set of production of all time!

Blastah
03-16-2007, 08:10 PM
I don't know about mofos, but I'm a severe beat addict ;)

I've been collecting the entire discography of my favourite producers for a while now, studying them and trying to incorporate some of their methods into my beats. All those you named are definatly up there. Like Math said, the beat is the foundation... there are several ones that just makes me go CRAAAAAZY!!!!!

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
03-16-2007, 08:25 PM
wizzord!

Longbongcilvaringz
03-17-2007, 11:51 PM
i remember people in some thread a while ago trying to say the verse was more important than the beat, what a joke.

the beat is the music that all hip hop fans enjoy.

i like any track with a good beat regardless of the mc, its all about beats for me.

DJMethods
03-18-2007, 02:46 AM
Yeah, but not just hip-hop. Got quite a bit of old disco music as well, found some VERY good breaks in them (Which i aint fucking sharing so dont bother). Just picked up the Saturday Night Fever OST on vinyl hahaha, funky shiz.

used to be all about lyrics, now its all about both. first thing i look to is the beats though, and how the emcee flows to it.. then it goes onto whats being said. few exceptions tho, like when i pick up GZA shit i always listen to lyrics first.. thats why hes such a good emcee.