PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! Computer Issues.

Wu-Disciple
03-17-2007, 01:04 PM
I Need To Transfer Things From My C Drive To My E Drive On My Pc. I Bouhgt Another Drive So I Could Have More Space.

I Tried Deleting Thins Like Real Player And Quick Time And Download Them Again On My E Drive, But They Keep Going To My C Drive Still.

Anyone?

Some Dude Told Me I Could Transfer "my Documents" And Everythin To My New Drive But Didn't Tell Me How.

Help Please!

INF
03-17-2007, 01:19 PM
Click and drag? It always helps me.

Inspectah_Dirk
03-17-2007, 02:20 PM
Select a folder, right click it, select "cut", go to e-drive, right click, select "paste" et voila.

EAGLE EYE
03-17-2007, 02:22 PM
you can't transfer installed programs files to another drive and expect the application to work. Do a clean install of the programs you use to that other drive.

Shit like pictures, movies, audio files can be copy and pasted.

Inspectah_Dirk
03-17-2007, 02:23 PM
you can transfer installed programs files to another drive and expect the application to work. Do a clean install of the programs you use to that other drive.

Shit like pictures, movies, audio files can be copy and pasted.

I was talking about the My Documents. Not the Progam Files folder and such.

Sexy Jasper
03-22-2007, 05:12 PM
http://rofl.wheresthebeef.co.uk/20f6e1c.jpg

EAGLE EYE
03-22-2007, 08:58 PM
http://rofl.wheresthebeef.co.uk/20f6e1c.jpg

nice.

Bloo
03-26-2007, 02:03 AM
Alot of programs (like Quicktime, RealPlayer) that put files in your Windows directory require that they be installed on the same HDD as Windows. Some programs are just picky like that. nothing you can do about it. As for folders like My Documents, you can put them on your new drive but Windows will only read out of your original C: drive folder for My Documents.

As for what to do with your new space, install miscellaneous programs on it like CD burning programs and games. And use it to hold your big files that you don't access often, like a backup drive almost

GuardianOne
03-26-2007, 08:55 AM
What size are both your HDDs?
What OS are you using?

XP comes with a File transfer wizard, that can transfer most directories that you may require. Whilst most applications have an option that prompts for the location you want to install (and will request to create that directory, if it doesn't exist on that location)....

Defragment, and clean you drive often,there might be unneccessary files and directories that are obsolete!