PDA

View Full Version : Rakim To Join G-Unit Records

MR HIP HOP HEAD
03-20-2007, 04:13 AM
http://sixshot.com/images/images/rakim.jpg

I guess Rakim may prove that after the aftermath, there is still something after that.

Ever since the rapper left the Aftermath label in the summer of 2003, he seems to have struggled to find a home. After hearing about numerous offers from a number of recording labels, nothing was ever confirmed, but it seems as if 50's G-Unit may seal the deal with his one time idol as his artist.

This may not be a surprise as 50 Cent has already acquired established artists on his roster such as Mobb Deep, MOP, and was trying to acquire Mase before things with P Diddy went sour. In addition, it was rumored last year that the G-Unit general even tried to add the late Tupac Shakur's catalog onto his roster, promising to boost sales and bring better light to late rapper's posthumous remains.

If true, 50 Cent may be closer to sealing the deal than we think as the God MC performed for the G-Unit line on BET's Rip The Runway show.

If anything is ever confirmed, it will be interesting to see the reaction of Rakim followers as many established artists that have joined G-Unit Records such as Mobb Deep have been chastised and abandoned by some of their loyal fanbase for making the move.

http://www.streethop.com/forum/article173609.html

I will be shocked if this happens.

ol dirty abbot
03-20-2007, 04:19 AM
cant wait to here a new Rakim album

Jeru
03-20-2007, 04:22 AM
I dunno how to feel about this.I guess it would be a good move for him, but I wont judge this move before I hear an album.

Erko53
03-20-2007, 04:55 AM
Why would he sign to G-unit after leaving Aftermath ? What about Ra Records ? I can't believe this.

Durag
03-20-2007, 05:13 AM
Rakim is a fuckin legend and i would love to c another album but look wat happend to Mobb Deep wen dey signd 2 G-Unit? Fuckin blood money was useless and had 50 stampd all over it i dont want to see that happenin to Rakim.

Smif-N-Wessun
03-20-2007, 06:01 AM
Rakim and 50 Cent....that's like mixing vodka and milk

Edgar Erebus
03-20-2007, 09:27 AM
Rakim is a fuckin legend and i would love to c another album but look wat happend to Mobb Deep wen dey signd 2 G-Unit? Fuckin blood money was useless and had 50 stampd all over it i dont want to see that happenin to Rakim.

He would be on 2 months, until he sees what 50 wants from him, then he'd leave. He did the same on Aftermath.

BTW, he was already featured on Lloyd Banks' "You Know the Deal" :Y (if you don't see the irony, listen to the song).

Durag
03-20-2007, 09:57 AM
^^Exactly tank fuck we still have rappers like Rakim who are about more than just money and i hope 50 wil realize dat no matter how much money he throws at da Rakim he aint gona compromise. Didnt no he was on a song wit Lloyd Banks doh

Smif-N-Wessun
03-20-2007, 10:07 AM
BTW, he was already featured on Lloyd Banks' "You Know the Deal" :Y (if you don't see the irony, listen to the song).

i've always thought his voice was just sampled, so it wasn't a real cameo...but i'm not sure tho

murkoutz
03-20-2007, 10:17 AM
how old is rakim? the begs the question when is someone to old to rap? not saying ra isn't dope or anything but its wild to see that a nigga is still in the game after maaaad years

OTB
03-20-2007, 10:20 AM
50 shoulda signed G Rap

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
03-20-2007, 10:25 AM
:frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

O M G

crust
03-20-2007, 10:49 AM
I dunno how to feel about this.I guess it would be a good move for him, but I wont judge this move before I hear an album.

word. kinda sweet n sour. i mean its sweet that he's gunna be putting some new shit out but its sour that its gunnea be with g-unit. ahhhh! peace.

Kenny Powers
03-20-2007, 10:51 AM
how old is rakim? the begs the question when is someone to old to rap? not saying ra isn't dope or anything but its wild to see that a nigga is still in the game after maaaad years

-Rakim is 39 years old, and for a legend like him thats not too old to rap. But it is too old to rap with g-unit. Can you imagine Rakim rappin about cars, parties and hoes while hes going gray...

irish ins
03-20-2007, 11:00 AM
50 has admitted to being a huge fan of his and prob wants to give him help 0 attention but i'd prefer to wait for Ra to come with some solid shit on his own ground

TUCO
03-20-2007, 11:01 AM
good move
now he can make sum money

snakesonawiggly
03-20-2007, 04:14 PM
Well this album could be good if 50 is smart and only features himself on only one track and keeps the rest of G-Unit off the album other then Mopp Depp (who should only be on two tracks at most) then we will have are selfs a great album that will most likly go platium if 5o is on the first single then all these white kids will buy the albumand stubble on a true legend in the game.

xHard to Earnx
03-20-2007, 04:23 PM
Probably won't happen, but I'd be into it.

IRONMAN GFK
03-20-2007, 04:24 PM

nice one, the mobb deep quote

i've always thought his voice was just sampled, so it wasn't a real cameo...but i'm not sure tho

yeah it's a sample

50 has admitted to being a huge fan of his and prob wants to give him help 0 attention but i'd prefer to wait for Ra to come with some solid shit on his own ground

50's also a mobb fan, but that turned out ugly too

i don't like it, all these legends signing with labels that are actually just groups (g-unit) or retarded labels such as dipset

xHard to Earnx
03-20-2007, 04:46 PM
album that will most likly go platium if 5o is on the first single then all these white kids will buy the album

You're dumb.

HANZO
03-20-2007, 04:50 PM
this wont happen cause rakim is too wise to sign for g-unit. he dnt represent what g-unit is, he learned from the mistake of signing with aftermath. he hopefully wont make another.

bloodyhookz
03-20-2007, 05:12 PM
G Rap made the right move and refused the deal with G-UNOT, hopefully Rakim is that gully to do the same, I still never heard shit from MOP, so you know if Ra signs, he might not even git his shine out, don't do it RA!

crass
03-20-2007, 06:09 PM
then we will have are selfs a great album that will most likly go platium if 5o is on the first single then all these white kids will buy the albuma

i'm white and i don't buy rap albums

oDoUoSoKo
03-20-2007, 06:58 PM
i quit, next up: Ghostface.

11th Chamber
03-20-2007, 07:53 PM
good move

word.

Im sure 50 will respect him and let him do his thing.

This might maybe lead to Rakim being on Detox...

Ultimate Fist
03-20-2007, 10:19 PM
Maybe he can team up with Ras and make a sick record.

maestro wooz
03-20-2007, 10:22 PM
i wouldnt like to see it happen, but it could turn out okay.

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
03-20-2007, 10:55 PM
doubt this will actually happen

Alesco
03-21-2007, 01:36 AM

Damn, I feel ya man...

That shit just wouldent mix

:beer:

Longbongcilvaringz
03-21-2007, 01:54 AM
good move

lol, like mobb deep.

their sales were poor.

maybe it will be a good move, some g-unit beats are pretty dope. hope 50 isnt all over the album though.

chiba
03-21-2007, 08:53 AM

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

CharlesJones
03-23-2007, 10:44 AM
Why would Rakim wanna sign with G Unit? I hope he doesn't do that because he'll lose a lot of his fans if he does that. I still like Mobb Deep even though i don't like them being with G Unit but i liked Blood Money album. If Rakim uses Pete Rock, DJ Premier and some other underground veteran New York producers on his new album if he signs with G Unit, i'll listen to the album.

Jeru
03-23-2007, 10:46 AM
He'll lose fans if his debut album on G-Unit would be ass like Mobb Deep's first album on there.I think a true fan should respect his need to go higher in the game and get the money he deserves.

CharlesJones
03-23-2007, 10:49 AM
Rakim doesn't need to go higher in the rap game because he's already achieved legendary status. Rakim is the type of mc that needs to be with a independent label because his music is underground. G Unit's music is mainstream and that wouldn't be a good fit for Rakim.

Jeru
03-23-2007, 11:03 AM
Rakim doesn't need to go higher in the rap game because he's already achieved legendary status. Rakim is the type of mc that needs to be with a independent label because his music is underground. G Unit's music is mainstream and that wouldn't be a good fit for Rakim.

I meant in terms of movin units.I didn't choose my words well.

CharlesJones
03-23-2007, 11:08 AM
I think at this point in Rakim's career, he doesn't care about selling records because he knows that the people that are buying rap music now don't wanna hear lyrical content so his music won't sell anyway. I think as long as his loyal fans support him, that's all he cares about.

THE W
03-23-2007, 05:57 PM
its just a label. if 50 isnt all over it and he lets rakim do what he do, whats the harm?

.....if this actually happens

Crackspace
03-23-2007, 06:52 PM
never...

Dante
03-23-2007, 08:29 PM

I believe GZA is older than Rakim.

Lil' Ruger
03-23-2007, 08:39 PM
ppl dont see if underground rappers get on the mainstream. it could , how gravediggaz was tryna do, save the dumb deaf and blind niggas.

SaqurakiHanamichi
03-23-2007, 09:36 PM
rakim doesnt fit in gunit i cant picture him there, He needs to be laced with premo beats he is strictly hip hop .

elantratuner
03-23-2007, 10:02 PM
Thats b-s i hope Ra doesnt sign with G-unit all they doiing is trying to buy all the hip hop classics and turn them into flossin crap music..they already got m.o.p. and mobb deep and they are shit now!!

Robert
03-24-2007, 01:35 AM
This is a fucking joke.....Rakim taking the same path as Ras Kass....bad move imo.........

Alesco
03-24-2007, 01:38 AM
Mobb Deep are one of the greats sun

Cant forget that

Peace

Razorsharp
03-24-2007, 02:05 AM
he would lose my respect, like LL Cool J... SMH....

Jeru
03-24-2007, 03:43 AM
Thats b-s i hope Ra doesnt sign with G-unit all they doiing is trying to buy all the hip hop classics and turn them into flossin crap music..they already got m.o.p. and mobb deep and they are shit now!!

I haven't heard anything from MOP since they signed with G-Unit so why are they shit now?You don't know.The few tracks they did appear on were completly owned by them.

SaqurakiHanamichi
03-24-2007, 07:37 AM
is this a rumor or something

Edgar Erebus
03-24-2007, 10:36 AM
Yeah, G-Unit is poppin and poppin, till it pops like Death Row some 10 years ago. Remember?

Mobb Deep
M.O.P.
Ras Kass
Freeway
LL Cool J
Ras Kass
and now Rakim...

And after Rakim, black hole.

Gawd
03-24-2007, 10:54 AM
g unit is dead. they cant even go gold ...... ahahahahahahaha they already popped.

Razorsharp
03-24-2007, 01:49 PM
if he does this, i think my friend will commit suicide... =/... at least i can get his kicks... :D