03-20-2007, 07:38 PM
http://archives.cbc.ca/IDC-1-71-99-523/conflict_war/oka/clip4

http://archives.cbc.ca/IDC-1-71-99-581/conflict_war/oka/clip7

V4D3R
03-21-2007, 05:12 PM
Anybody know how I can rip these?

V4D3R
03-21-2007, 06:08 PM
A lot of Canadians are ashamed of this video footage.

This is what revolution is about.

This is the fight for Mother Earth- everybodie's mother.

People wont reply to REAL situations - but talk about unrealistic shit, they all over it.

maestro wooz
03-21-2007, 07:33 PM
never heard about this, interesting

WARPATH
03-21-2007, 10:49 PM
I watched these earlier this afternoon.........

Vader in your sig, is that the picture where they refer to the guy mistook as "Lasgna?"

I'm curious to the legalities of this battle....

I think natives need to be more proactive, as opposed to reactive.

When I start making enough money to afford a lawyer, i'm gonna........oh it's a secret.

V4D3R
03-21-2007, 11:09 PM
The exchange of words were:

Mohawk warrior: I must be #1 on your list...Your #1 on my list too!!
A little nervous perhaps....you think?

*Warrior proceeds to make soldier flinch

Canadian Soldier: You motherfuckers...

I have no idea about lasagna Charging?

What's the difference between a Warrior and a Soldier?

WARPATH
03-22-2007, 12:49 AM
The exchange of words were:

Mohawk warrior: I must be #1 on your list...Your #1 on my list too!!
A little nervous perhaps....you think?

*Warrior proceeds to make soldier flinch

Canadian Soldier: You motherfuckers...

I have no idea about lasagna Charging?

What's the difference between a Warrior and a Soldier?

Lasgna, in that link you provided, they said there was a famous picture where a warrior (who was mistaken as the guy nick named Lasgna) was facing off with a canadian soldier.

The difference between a warrior and soldier?

There is no difference. In an English context it can be debated. But in the context that I use in my name, there is no difference.

Akicita transalsted from lakota means a lot of things- Warrior, Soldier, Police....

my name can be transalted into english in many ways....

Bum Rush Warrior

Assaulting Policeman

Offensive Soldier

V4D3R
03-25-2007, 04:32 PM
The events of 1990 will be remembered in history as one of the greatest confrontation between the municipal, provincial and federal governments and a native community. This conflict was not just about a golf course extension. This confrontation was about a people who decided it was time to say "ENOUGH" . Enough of the inability of the various governments, to come to terms with the issue of land Claims. It would be useless to start pointing fingers solely at the governments in place at the time, these were no more than victims of bad timing. This conflict grew so virulent that it acquired a character of extreme urgency, and those present had to do their best, using the means at their disposal, to prevent the situation from getting even worse. The blame has to be shared by all political authorities who failed to address and undertake this task in a constructive manner, for the past 300 years. The extension of the golf course was the culminating point in a long history of negotiations regarding the land taken from us in the 1700's. This land was to be reclaimed by the Mohawks of Kanesatake, Land which has been promised on many occasions, but never given.
The conflict has been over for almost 10 years. The peace that once existed between the Mohawk people and the Oka resident is now back, but nothing is quite the same. Scars were left on both sides of the barricades. It was a summer of many emotions. The simple mention of these events triggers a multitude of memories still very much alive in the minds of all who lived the summer of 1990.