PDA

View Full Version : Splenda will NOT kill you (everything in moderation)

zeppelin2k
03-21-2007, 03:31 PM
http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1188638
http://www.dhmo.org/

check it, after reading palehorses article on it "exploding" I checked into it, since that article had some bad reasoning to it

of course we should always minimize the amount of artificial stuff we take in, but saying that even a little splenda is deadly was flat out bs, of course if you are taking in tons it will kill you, so will most artificial things

as for a replacement for sugar, in a diet with minimal sugar to begin with, its not going to give you tumors

one

knewcheeze
03-22-2007, 09:52 AM
thats like saying crack cocaine is okay in moderation

splenda is straight poison and more poisonous than refined sugar which is the biggest drug on the planet

eye think your post is rather irresponsible...if you eating sugar and splenda then you are setting up your children to be lifelong sugar addicts!!!!!!!!
I know a plethora of people who are addicted to sugar...this is no joke.....it should be illigal

Grade B Maple Syrup or Agave nectar are deeelishous....just as sweet as the drug sugar if not more and good for your health

eye buy these big cookies at the health food store for 1.88 and they are fuckin delish and they contain no sugar or gluten or animal products

zeppelin2k
03-22-2007, 11:02 AM
thats NOT like saying crack coke is okay in moderation

it is like saying splenda is okay in moderation

show me some better studies that show a serving of splenda in a healthy diet will kill you

and I dont care if you buy cookies at a health store, that has nothing to do with anything

100pr00f
03-22-2007, 12:46 PM
what about sweet and low
i use that stuff every day in the morn with my tea
5 times a week like 2 packs per time

knewcheeze
03-22-2007, 01:04 PM
crack and splenda are both poison dummy

100pr00f
03-22-2007, 01:18 PM
what els is a good replacment that is free

WARPATH
03-22-2007, 01:29 PM
people dying from splenda? this fucking retarted. Why do people want to live for ever......

knewcheeze
03-23-2007, 08:50 AM
sugar/splenda and salt is the biggest drug on the planet and the true GATEWAY drug....you are really irresponsible trying to fool people into believing that splenda is ok....eye feel sorry for your children who gonna likely have a LIFE LONG SUGAR ADDICTION....everyone eye know in real life is addicted to sugar and when you tell them to get off it they react like an alcoholic would and make up exuses.....just say no

sugar along with westernized christianity was used to subdue the original man!!!!!!

zeppelin2k
03-23-2007, 12:07 PM
sugar/splenda and salt is the biggest drug on the planet and the true GATEWAY drug....you are really irresponsible trying to fool people into believing that splenda is ok....eye feel sorry for your children who gonna likely have a LIFE LONG SUGAR ADDICTION....everyone eye know in real life is addicted to sugar and when you tell them to get off it they react like an alcoholic would and make up exuses.....just say no

sugar along with westernized christianity was used to subdue the original man!!!!!!

dude ur talking a lot of dumb shit that isnt even true

dont feel sorry for anyone but yourself

you realize how stupid what you are saying is, when did I ever say excessive amounts of sugar is good for you, I didnt

show me some studies that say splenda is going to kill you, if you cant then shut up with your comparison of someone having sugar in a healthy diet with alcoholism

palehorse is the only one who showed any study that says splenda is bad, I showed plenty of studies that show both sides

no one has said go and have 2-3 packets of splenda a day, and if you knew anything about nutrition you would know that there are times where the body NEEDS sugar

before you go completely ANTI something, research both sides of the spectrum, until then you are going to keep looking like you know nothing

one

Gawd
03-23-2007, 02:16 PM
the air you breath is worse than the splenda....lawls....and some of you drink beers all the time and your worried about splenda

V4D3R
03-23-2007, 03:36 PM
What about Roger's best Brown sugar?

Everything that makes somebody feel good first thing in the day contains this drug called sugar I'm realising from this thread. Even Grapefruit needs brown sugar on top.

check two
03-23-2007, 04:34 PM
I think it's kinda hard to definitely say that splenda is perfectly safe, when there are no long term studies on it? How long has it been available to the public? A real short time.

There is a popular natural substance called Stevia, that doesn't affect blood sugar levels like sugar, and it's supposed to be a lot sweeter than sugar. So you don't need to use much of it.

By the way, how can people stand the taste of those fake sugars? Those diet drinks have a weird taste, and then you get an aftertaste afterwards.

zeppelin2k
03-24-2007, 02:07 PM
stevia has also been shown to be bad for you in studies

on top of that, just like you said, it DOESNT effect blood sugar levels, and thats a bad thing when you want to elevate blood sugar levels, which is where splenda comes in, it has no calories and still has the effects of sugar

as for palehorse's post, I agree that studies can be biased, but dont you think the sugar companies would want to help fund these anti-splenda studies as well? they are fucked either way

the best way is to just look at the facts and the sample sizes, and see where the funding comes from

the site I linked to, has articles on both spectrums of the argument, which is why I posted it

zeppelin2k
03-25-2007, 06:49 PM
alright, I came through that shit a while back, about fructose not being all that great for you. nothing as bad as those studies you mentioned about splenda being bad, but I will look if I can find them again

**edit

I found some of the stevia things, and they dont say they are negative for you- killing you wise- it is just useless when it comes to restoring glycogen in your body when you need it. compared to suagr or splenda

as for this splenda debate, I take enough of the stuff, so if I end up "exploding", I'll let y'all know lol

and as for what is BAD for you. I think alcohol, weed, cigarettes, excess sugar, tran fat, corn syrup, and a whole shitload of stuff is a lot higher on the risk list than splenda will ever be

one

Prolifical ENG
03-25-2007, 08:47 PM
Of course the body can take anything in moderation depending on its tolerance. lol @ comparing Splenda tolerance to cocaine.

It is true that a lot of these artificial sweeteners have some negative aspect to them. All sugars can be neglected...someones you get a sweet craving and all your body really needs is a piece of fruit.

I read enough health studies and especially today so many different things are discovered. I can't help but notice working in a grocery store how all these health fads effect everything. Just like last year when beef was considered a good meat....then bad again...same as turkey. Look at the price of pomegranates these days because of its health benefits!

Sorry to go more general in this specific thread but it has examples anyway. I like the quote, Be careful of reading health books, you might die of a misprint.- Mark Twain.

Vegan
03-25-2007, 08:53 PM
Fuck artificial shit. I fucks with only natural, good for you shit. If you want a sugar replacement, use stevia.

zeppelin2k
03-25-2007, 09:45 PM
Of course the body can take anything in moderation depending on its tolerance. lol @ comparing Splenda tolerance to cocaine.

It is true that a lot of these artificial sweeteners have some negative aspect to them. All sugars can be neglected...someones you get a sweet craving and all your body really needs is a piece of fruit.

I read enough health studies and especially today so many different things are discovered. I can't help but notice working in a grocery store how all these health fads effect everything. Just like last year when beef was considered a good meat....then bad again...same as turkey. Look at the price of pomegranates these days because of its health benefits!

Sorry to go more general in this specific thread but it has examples anyway. I like the quote, Be careful of reading health books, you might die of a misprint.- Mark Twain.

yeah man, fruits are the best ways to get rid of sweet tooth, I always have some blueberries around the way, the shit is untouchable I could pop those all day

and lol at all these stevia lovers, the shit is pointless in recovering your glycogen comapred to real sugar or splenda

if you arent doing anything strenuous, then yes I can see why you can eat stevia all day, but if you are, then after those activities you need to replenish your system, and like it or not, sugar is built into our systems as a requirement for being replenished after strenuous activity. KTL is filled with health conscious people, so unless they are all fronting, most of you are probably hitting up some type of body conditioning shit along with all the anti-establishment food you are eating. if so, do some research on the best way to recover after those activities

as for regular cravings for something sweet, you should be eating your fruits people. bad carbs are only for those who deserve them

check two
03-25-2007, 11:30 PM
I would say that, in the US especially, more people would need to cut back on increasing their blood sugar, than the other way around. Considering the astronomical numbers of people that have diabetes in the US, and the number of obese people.

Also, plenty of things were thought to be once pefectly safe, such as asbestos, and look how that turned out. I'm not saying that splenda will harm people like asbestos, but I think it's early to say that it's perfectly safe.

zeppelin2k
03-26-2007, 03:41 PM
I agree that people with above avergae sugar levels, should stop

but as for those who have low or normal levels and are health conscious, sugar can be used as a tool to get healthier and improve a whole load of things, like recovery from working out, and preventing diabetes by controlling insulin spikes

crass
03-27-2007, 11:00 AM
thats NOT like saying crack coke is okay in moderation

it is like saying splenda is okay in moderation

show me some better studies that show a serving of splenda in a healthy diet will kill you

and I dont care if you buy cookies at a health store, that has nothing to do with anything

this is jsut a funny post to me. haha

Visionz
03-27-2007, 11:16 AM
What about Roger's best Brown sugar?

Everything that makes somebody feel good first thing in the day contains this drug called sugar I'm realising from this thread. Even Grapefruit needs brown sugar on top.if you get a good Ruby red, atleast here in Texas, it don't need anything on it. eat 'em quite a bit when they're in season, if you get a chance pick one up

alright, I came through that shit a while back, about fructose not being all that great for you. nothing as bad as those studies you mentioned about splenda being bad, but I will look if I can find them again

**edit

I found some of the stevia things, and they dont say they are negative for you- killing you wise- it is just useless when it comes to restoring glycogen in your body when you need it. compared to suagr or splenda

as for this splenda debate, I take enough of the stuff, so if I end up "exploding", I'll let y'all know lol

and as for what is BAD for you. I think alcohol, weed, cigarettes, excess sugar, tran fat, corn syrup, and a whole shitload of stuff is a lot higher on the risk list than splenda will ever be

onehell nah, the harm from weed comes from smoking, if you cook with it, not Bad at all

I would say that, in the US especially, more people would need to cut back on increasing their blood sugar, than the other way around. Considering the astronomical numbers of people that have diabetes in the US, and the number of obese people.

Also, plenty of things were thought to be once pefectly safe, such as asbestos, and look how that turned out. I'm not saying that splenda will harm people like asbestos, but I think it's early to say that it's perfectly safe.I think more than anything, just stick to whats natural. The things that have been here forever are going to better for u than a creation came out of a lab 30 years ago. seems like common sense to me

zeppelin2k
03-27-2007, 02:05 PM
I agree about the weed being good for you
they even have shown smoking weed to be a good way to make your lungs recover from cigarettes, so maybe smoking aint that bad either

but of course weed brownies are the best way to go, make them with some splenda ;)

"There are no conclusive tests that support this statement. Again, there have been no long-term human studies conducted to determine the potential health effects of Splenda on humans, including children.

Until long-term human studies are conducted, no one will know for sure whether Splenda is really safe or unsafe for humans to eat. "

when I see people dropping like flies from it, I'll discontinue

so far havent seen a thing, a study, or much else

it has 3 atoms of chlorine in it, thats a lot less shit than the air we breathe in cities everyday

Prolifical ENG
03-27-2007, 02:27 PM
3 atoms of chlorine wont do anything if its part of a complex molecule that behaves a certain way.

Unless along the way the bonds break (unlikely but I haven't seen what the molecular structures look like) and 2 chlorine atoms join together to make chloride and it happens frequently enough then there is a problem.

froth
03-27-2007, 02:31 PM
*sucks on a splenda packet*

zeppelin2k
03-27-2007, 04:20 PM
http://images.cafepress.com/product/18222891v2_240x240_Front_Color-BlackWhite.jpg

check two
03-27-2007, 05:04 PM
Zeppelin2K
Are you a spokesperson for Splenda? lol

zeppelin2k
03-27-2007, 07:26 PM
Zeppelin2K
Are you a spokesperson for Splenda? lol

lol nah man, actually I am anti-splenda for anyone who doesnt workout, bc in that case you dont need it at all, unless you just blazed, but even then a bunch of fruits is better

I just think that this unfounded hate for splenda by so many people is based on other factors than studies and facts

palehorse is the only one who has shown anything about why splenda MIGHT be bad for someone

as for me I never told anyone to be maxing out on splenda on any of my posts, I think diet everything should be banned, and healthy eating should be promoted

everyone has become anti-fat, when we gotta get pro-fat (long as its not trans and it natural and fresh foods we are getting it from)and REALLY pro-protein and realize we only need carbs for energy recovery, otherwise we really only need minimal amount of it during the day. but thats a completely different issue.

I agree with everyone who says we need to decrease intakes of artificial foods and sweeteners in society as a whole

Prolifical ENG
03-27-2007, 07:38 PM
^^^^^

Thats a good summary on diet and what people are lead to believe.

If you don't need sugar don't take it. Then when the time comes that you can use some sugar it will be that much more potent....just like a drug....hahaha

But of course you can't classify that level of a stimulant to one of the most dangerous drugs like cocaine or heroin.

check two
03-28-2007, 02:36 PM
Yeah, that's true, though some carbs are healthy for people like complex carbs. I think some people were getting a little too out of hand with the 'low carb' craze. That has seemed to have died down some over the last few years. I'm not saying to eat tons of carbs, but I don't think they need to be cut out almost completely, like some people were doing. Like on that Atkins Diet, weren't some people losing weight by cutting out carbs, but eating a bunch of meat like bacon and stuff? I wouldnt call eating a lot of something crappy like bacon, a healthy way to eat.

Also, I think some people go overboard with consuming too much protein. Especially if the person doesn't work out, they are most likely getting enough protein in their diet.

WARPATH
03-28-2007, 02:38 PM
My grandather always use to say-

It's good, As long as it makes a turd.....

zeppelin2k
03-28-2007, 05:55 PM
side effects of srtificail sweeteners:
multiple sclerosis
systematic lupus
fibromaglyia
spasms
shooting pains
numbnesss in your lungs
cramps
vertigo
dizziness
headaches
tinnitus
joint pain
depression
anxiety attacks
blurred vision
memory loss

have yet to see any of those in anyone I know that eats healthy and takes artificial sweeteners, if I get any of those I'll let y'all know

brown_dogg
03-31-2007, 09:35 PM
What's wrong with just eating fruits to get your sugar?

zeppelin2k
04-01-2007, 12:07 PM
nothing at all
but you would have to eat a shitload of fruits to get the effects of just a little splenda, and it isnt exactly a spike in your insulin when it takes you an hour to get the sugar into your system, if you need a spike that is

otherwise, stick to your fruits

brown_dogg
04-02-2007, 08:20 PM
If I'm doing some intense training, should I go with this splenda stuff or something?

Prolifical ENG
04-02-2007, 08:35 PM
What's wrong with just eating fruits to get your sugar?

you can get it all in that form, but sooner or later you're gonna get tired of wiping your butt +)

If I'm doing some intense training, should I go with this splenda stuff or something?

It depends how you train. Timing in your training routine and exactly when you eat and what you eat you might already be well off with something that works for you.

Supplements are always helpful, even if you incorporate those spikes into it. It is hard to get what you need for intense training with just the food that you eat.

brown_dogg
04-02-2007, 08:45 PM
I've been working on my metabolism to make it faster. Right now I'm eating almost every 2 hours, but usually just small things like a fruit or something. I pack two lunches though so I can eat one right after school before I hit the gym.

I've been doing this for almost 5 months now, and I think it's working out. Haven't felt tired at all.

Should this go in another thread?

zeppelin2k
04-02-2007, 08:48 PM
well I have a workout supplement thread that I made a while back, if you search for it

maybe it will answer some of your qstns about supplements

as for eating every 2 hour, try eating 5 meals a day protein + carbs earlier in day, and post workout and protein+fat at end of day

just chek my supp thread for lots more info, and other ppl can weigh in as well

check two
04-04-2007, 12:40 AM
I'm a little confused though? If diabetics use splenda and other artificial sugars because they don't affect a person's insulin level like sugar does, then how is splenda good for spiking a person's insulin level?

zeppelin2k
04-04-2007, 02:07 PM
I'm a little confused though? If diabetics use splenda and other artificial sugars because they don't affect a person's insulin level like sugar does, then how is splenda good for spiking a person's insulin level?

what?

splenda does effect insulin levels

but as for post-workout, splenda can be used to help, along with the rest of the stuff you should take, to kick up your insulin

check two
04-04-2007, 11:40 PM
Maybe I got blood sugar(glucose) and insulin confused with each other for a second there? lol

zeppelin2k
04-05-2007, 01:33 PM
there are two indexes

Glycemic Index

and

Insulin Index

check them out, not many people know about Insulin Index

not all high GI foods are high II foods, like milk

check two
04-06-2007, 02:04 PM
Yeah, I know about those things, I just got them mixed up. Peace.