PDA

View Full Version : Grand Theft Auto IV

Pages : [1] 2 3

36chambers
03-23-2007, 01:05 PM
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/5156/gtaivvu3.jpg

http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/

The next installment of the series, Grand Theft Auto IV (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto_IV) (GTA IV), is slated to be released on October 16, 2007 for the PlayStation 3 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_3) and the Xbox 360 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360) (along with the possibility of a Nintendo Wii (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii) version[4] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto_(series)#_note-GTA_IV_on_Wii)), the first Grand Theft Auto to be released simultaneously on the PlayStation and Xbox platforms. The Xbox 360 version of the game have been indicated to obtain its own exclusive downloadable episodic content (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Episodic_games) via Xbox Live (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_Live). The only other information released by Rockstar has been regarding GTA IV's game engine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_engine), which will be the Rockstar Advanced Game Engine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockstar_Advanced_Game_Engine) (a.k.a. RAGE) used in Rockstar Games presents Table Tennis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockstar_Games_presents_Table_Tennis). The first Grand Theft Auto IV trailer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trailer_%28film%29) will be released for public viewing on March 29, 2007.

Official trailer coming on the 29th March. But dont expect it to give too much away. Id love it if CJ returned for this one, because San Andreas was so good. Post whatever you hear about this game, features, sountrack, charecters, places, weapons, anything. Im sure im not the only one looking forward to this. Should look amazing on the next gen consoles.

Lil' Ruger
03-23-2007, 03:19 PM
better have a make-your-own-gang type thing that would be some fucking dope shit if u got to design every one in the gang the way u want.

InvincibleArmor79
03-23-2007, 03:27 PM
i loved how rockstar took it to a new level with each release.. san andreas was off the hook, the games keep gettin better... im interested to see what they tap into with IV

Tito
03-23-2007, 03:34 PM
i want to work for rockstar games.. do some of u know how can i get in there

i know school is involved .. but what..

also.. i still have the countdown going i thought it was going to show a video.. i hope.. they dont bust a ninja turtles 3 and .. just.. make it .. like unbelievable..

perhaps.. they have terrorist.. or this is like.. a world.. in real life chaos.. or.. crazy..

i cant think of n e thing .. i have to be high.. to think..

i would bring a new thing to the games..

i have to work for rockstar.. !!

shaolinsword
03-23-2007, 04:12 PM
I heard it was set in '90s New York which is a shame. I really wanted it to be set in London to piss all the American fan boys off

WARPATH
03-23-2007, 04:28 PM
Why would that piss off American fan boys? I'd love to bomb all over london town......probably the closes i'll get to seeing the real thing.

brown_dogg
03-23-2007, 05:31 PM
^^ It's coming out for the xbox too. Playstation doesn't have exclusive rights to the game anymore:)

11th Chamber
03-23-2007, 06:54 PM
I was planning on buyin a PS3 honestly for this game alone when I first heard it announced last year, but since its comin on 360 also(which i already own) than im set.

I think its sweet that using XBOX Live you can download new maps/extended maps

Baitong
03-23-2007, 08:08 PM
haven't heard any news only im expecting there to be a hell of alot of radio stations this time around with the use of blu-ray hope to see alot more different cars available this has always let the series down for me oh and better bitches ! and more drugs

Dokuro
03-23-2007, 08:40 PM
you better have to go to the bathrom this time that wold be the shit

Frontal Lobotomy
03-23-2007, 08:42 PM
Nifty. I should have the money for a PS3 in time for this coming out. I always like how Rockstar reveal very little about forthcoming titles. I don't like the idea of London personally, unless it was like 60s or something. Rio or Tokyo would be much more fun.

shaolinsword
03-24-2007, 05:41 AM
Why would that piss off American fan boys? I'd love to bomb all over london town......probably the closes i'll get to seeing the real thing.

there was thousands of posts on www.gamefaqs.com of people saying GTA shouldn't go to London and it should stay in US but if it does they'll never buy GTA again

Olive Oil Goombah
03-24-2007, 11:24 AM
Who cares if its in London...what is with this bullshit bickering??? They have done LA, LV, SF, NYC, Miami already.....They need to do Chicago, Boston, Philly, Cleveland, Detroit...that'd be tight. Europe would be cool, they could do it like San Andreas...you could go from London to Paris to Rome....that shit would be ill.

Olive Oil Goombah
03-24-2007, 11:25 AM
Damn, so I guess I have to buy a PS3 now....hopefully they won't be so damn expensive next year.

EAGLE EYE
03-24-2007, 11:56 AM
The cars should have gas gauges, and have it mandatory that you refill

Unforgiven
03-24-2007, 11:59 AM
better have a make-your-own-gang type thing that would be some fucking dope shit if u got to design every one in the gang the way u want.

You need to go pick up Saints Row if thats what you want...

shaolinsword
03-24-2007, 11:59 AM
It should be in London as all LC, VC and SA were in the original PS1 game

AcidPhosphate69
03-24-2007, 01:03 PM
Boston would be tight. Like, you'd go to the Roxbury, Dorchester, and Mattapan. That'd be ill.

36chambers
03-24-2007, 11:10 PM

That would be shit, what if your on the run from the pigs and your gas runs out? }:T
Or your in a plane and gas runs out }:T
poo poo idea :=)

I dont really care where its set, because Rockstar deliver every time. Would like to see CJ return tho, but thats doubtfull.

Frontal Lobotomy
03-24-2007, 11:22 PM
They should take it right back to the beginning, like when you could pick your character and stuff. Though it didn't matter much in GTA as they all looked the same from birdseye view. They should be taking the concept to the next level regardless, and there's only a couple more days til the trailer is out.

beautifulrock
03-24-2007, 11:34 PM
ummm u sure it aint vi? i mean how do you go from gta3 to vice city to san andreas to iv?

Lil' Ruger
03-24-2007, 11:42 PM
because in GTA4 there going to make up there own citys and everything like they did in number 3. they're gonna make it in no specific time set.

like SA LC and VC were based on real citys ya know? still idk

shaolinsword
03-25-2007, 10:13 AM
I wonder if the next few games will be set in the citys in GTA 2? If there was different citys in GTA 2?

EAGLE EYE
03-25-2007, 02:17 PM
Tokyo would be nuts

11th Chamber
03-25-2007, 03:34 PM

That is a nice idea, somthin I have accually thought would be sweet for a couple years.

Like once you enter the car, there is a lil meter on one of the corners of the screen showin how much is left in it

Olive Oil Goombah
03-25-2007, 03:53 PM
I loved Tommy Vercetti...only thing I haven't liked abut SA so far is that you get away from the gangbangin so quick its over before you even realize it, then your working for the CIA which is ok, but i dunno, it got kinda far fetched.
I kno its just a game, but some more realism with the story would have been nice.
That would be cool if in the next one, you could do seperate mission with different guys...like say you Tommy Vercetti, and Carl Johnson both had different missions and ran different parts of town.

The Ghost
03-25-2007, 05:43 PM
I like the GTA series just hope it goes back to the Vice City story line which was ill. Tommy is the best GTA protagonist ever!

brown_dogg
03-25-2007, 06:21 PM
Tokyo would be nuts

They should put CJ in Tokyo.

EAGLE EYE
03-25-2007, 06:45 PM
They should put CJ in Tokyo.

CJ would be HUGE in Japan. Literally.

36chambers
03-25-2007, 07:21 PM
i got it ^^^

Icurus
03-26-2007, 12:24 AM
Damn, so I guess I have to buy a PS3 now....hopefully they won't be so damn expensive next year.

No you dont. Its on the 360.

Rebel_INS
03-26-2007, 01:56 PM
^^ It's coming out for the xbox too. Playstation doesn't have exclusive rights to the game anymore:)

Haha.. cause Xbox 360 pwns all!

:thumbup:

But I cant wait for this game.. I love San Andreas lol, dope storyline and missions. Cant wait for the trailer. Isnt GTA 4 comin out in October?

36chambers
03-26-2007, 05:20 PM
3 days till the trailer, whats everyone expecting from it?

I dont think it'll give too much away, maybe besides more clues to the destination of the game.

100pr00f
03-26-2007, 05:30 PM
maybe thier will be some nude in this game like i can smack a whore tits if i want haha

Frontal Lobotomy
03-26-2007, 08:18 PM
Destructable backgrounds are a must, I'd say.

Lil' Ruger
03-26-2007, 08:39 PM
kk

FlamingSwordz
03-27-2007, 06:09 PM
All I want is gameplay videos from either PS3 or 360, no cinematic shit, or no black background with GTA text and music... GIVE ME GAMEPLAY!

WARPATH
03-27-2007, 09:25 PM
I loved Tommy Vercetti...only thing I haven't liked abut SA so far is that you get away from the gangbangin so quick its over before you even realize it, then your working for the CIA which is ok, but i dunno, it got kinda far fetched.

Watcha you mean far fetched? You mean you never did shady jobs for the CIA to get your brother out of prison? That shit happens all the time in the hood. Just like killing 100 black guys all dressed in the exact same clothing, only to come back to the same neighbor hood an hour later to kill a hundred more......kinda reminds me of that time I got shot 10 times before bareley making it into a Pizza Hut to save my health................lucky there was body armor hidden in that alley way by the dumpster, near the mysterious floating package.......

WARPATH
03-27-2007, 09:28 PM
3 days till the trailer, whats everyone expecting from it?

I dont think it'll give too much away, maybe besides more clues to the destination of the game.

I don't know, they set up a timer just for the trailer, that's enough to keep me hard until I see it.

J-Cee
03-27-2007, 11:09 PM
Watcha you mean far fetched? You mean you never did shady jobs for the CIA to get your brother out of prison? That shit happens all the time in the hood. Just like killing 100 black guys all dressed in the exact same clothing, only to come back to the same neighbor hood an hour later to kill a hundred more......kinda reminds me of that time I got shot 10 times before bareley making it into a Pizza Hut to save my health................lucky there was body armor hidden in that alley way by the dumpster, near the mysterious floating package.......

lmfao

InvincibleArmor79
03-28-2007, 10:58 AM
Destructable backgrounds are a must, I'd say.

yeah that would be dope... fuck up a city block an if you leave its still all fucked up when u return

shaolinsword
03-28-2007, 12:54 PM
It would be good if they took the idea from True Crime, where the location you're in gets fucked up and what not

Ink Is My Drink
03-29-2007, 01:32 PM

HAHAHAHA! yeh happens all the time

didnt know there was a trailer coming out. or that there would be a count down to it! its gotta be a pretty good trailer if it gets its own count down! my mates lil bro told me bout it yesterday which is good as i feel i dont have to wait as long to see it as i only just found out about it

there onyl like a couple hours left now. cant imagine how many people tonight are gonna be watchign that trailer

((((A:I))))
03-29-2007, 01:32 PM
Every forum I've looked at has at least a 2 page GTA 4 thread. They're all just wastelands, but the best kind.

EAGLE EYE
03-29-2007, 01:38 PM
4 something hours left?

36chambers
03-29-2007, 01:46 PM
Yep 4 hours to go. Cant wait!!!

Ya_Bane
03-29-2007, 01:48 PM
Holy shiiieet! 4:11:52 left, I didn't know either it was coming tonight.

36chambers
03-29-2007, 03:24 PM
Just over 2 hours away :D

I know its not going to show much, probably be like 20 seconds giving absolutely nothin away. But the rumours will start. Anyone know a friend who knows the cleaner at Rockstar??? ;)

Sean
03-29-2007, 06:57 PM
It's out. You play as an Eastern European immigrant in Liberty City.

Frontal Lobotomy
03-29-2007, 07:09 PM
Nice trailer. I'm assuming they're going to keep the GTA concept in the 3 major areas they've used in previous games, which I suppose isn't such a bad thing in terms of consistency. It'll be another 4 or so months before we get another trailer now, fuckers.

Lil' Ruger
03-29-2007, 07:13 PM
heres the trailer pplz now i NEEED an Xbox

http://thegtaplace.com/gta4/

Tito
03-29-2007, 07:35 PM
i found it.. thanks to weed..

damn.. that was sick..

it is like. you know it is history..

like they will be like. damn GTA 4 is more like 2007

sick..

it looks crazy..

Kong
03-29-2007, 08:08 PM
HlF6fbIFiCM

Dough Snatcher
03-29-2007, 08:15 PM
Nice...

oDoUoSoKo
03-29-2007, 09:01 PM
im confused.

100pr00f
03-29-2007, 09:09 PM
damn graffix look dope even for youtube quilty

EAGLE EYE
03-29-2007, 10:39 PM
very dissapointed Im gonna have to play as a Euro, but on the upside he sounds like cold killer type mother fucker.

this could be good...

brown_dogg
03-29-2007, 10:49 PM
This guy sounds hardcore. Russian/Slavic guy?

Is this what the countdown on the site was counting down to?

The Hound
03-29-2007, 11:06 PM
very dissapointed Im gonna have to play as a Euro, but on the upside he sounds like cold killer type mother fucker.

this could be good...

why disappointed dont like europeans or some shit?

he def sounds russian, i doubt it'd be anything else, with the whole russian mob scene more prominent than any other slavic/balkan organizations, graphics look fuckin tight, i hope if its the same liberty city setting as before they make portland more grimey because thats the best island out of any fuckin GTA game so far

The Hound
03-29-2007, 11:08 PM
in terms of storylines - if they set this game AFTER GTA3 in Liberty City that means that there cant be any motorbikes because - in the storyline - they banned motorbikes between LCS and GTA3, which is how they explained their absence in GTA3....the rumours begin....

EAGLE EYE
03-29-2007, 11:17 PM
in terms of storylines - if they set this game AFTER GTA3 in Liberty City that means that there cant be any motorbikes because - in the storyline - they banned motorbikes between LCS and GTA3, which is how they explained their absence in GTA3....the rumours begin....

where u hear this?

The Hound
03-29-2007, 11:21 PM
that was rockstars explanation for leaving the bikes out GTA3 when, i think liberty city stories came out, because everyone was like 'no bikes in gta3 but theyre in LCS' and LCS took place a few years before GTA3 and it came out like in the storyline sometime between LCS and GTA3 liberty city passed a law outlawing motorbikes, which is the explanation why they were in LCS and not in GTA3, so theoretically if this game takes place AFTER GTA3 there shouldnt be motorbikes, but no doubt like prohibition it will probably get knocked on the head ... just a thought ...

Bloo
03-30-2007, 12:01 AM
Just peeped the trailer. I'm very impressed :yes: But at the same time it's really not too exciting cause I feel this game won't be any deeper and San Andreas or even Saints Row.

EAGLE EYE
03-30-2007, 12:07 AM
who knows what to expect.

Rockstar knows that their fans/consumers expect them to top S.A.

this game could blow our minds for all we know..

Bloo
03-30-2007, 12:16 AM
Oh, it's definately gonna blow my mind. I'm just expecting this one to dissapoint because of how much people are gonna be expecting of it. I have no doubt it'll be one of the highest rated games of '07 but at the same time I doubt it will achieve the 9.9 raiting IGN gave San Andreas.

The Hound
03-30-2007, 12:48 AM
what i would like to see is GTA4 expand on GTA3 - GTA3 had the best feel out of all of em - gritty, industrial portland, city high life of staunton island, peaceful suburbia of shoreside vale

i wonder if the triads/colombians are still in business, what impact the forelli's/leone's have got since claude fucked them over, aww man fuck 4 months i want it now

AND BRING BACK CHATTERBOX - that shit was the funniest

"Citizens Raging Against Phones" "CRAP? your organization is called CRAP?"

"I WAS BORN NAKED, IM GONNA DIE NAKED AND IM GONNA LIVE NAKED!!" "and all shriveled up by the sounds of it"

petsovernight.com and shit ahhhhhhhhhh ...

Bloo
03-30-2007, 04:50 AM
They'll probably do something similar but I doubt it'll have the same feel as the stations in GTA3 did. Whatever they do though it'll be enjoyable

Erquel
03-30-2007, 07:01 AM
looks like it takes place in NY/Liberty City

that means only one thing for sure:
THERE IS GONNA BE FUCKING LOADS OF WU-TANG IN SOUNDTRACK

Lil' Ruger
03-30-2007, 10:06 AM

co-sign they had a methodman track (all i need) in LCS so this should have alotta Wu-tang especially cuz itsin new york......

character seems fucking cold blooded like all the charaacters in GTA are cool like really cool.....i gotta get vice city stories......

i need an Xbox 360!!!!!!!!!!!!! god fucking damn it....i hope the price drops to 5 dollars lol....everyone likes GTA so this game should be good.....tho everyone seems to like vice city so i gotta get me all them GTA games cuz i'm in addict.

ironwizard
03-30-2007, 10:07 AM

haha, WORD!

It´s good to see that they´re actually using a real city this time around. At least from what I can tell...

Inspectah_Dirk
03-30-2007, 10:35 AM
I cummed my pants by watching the trailer. Ive been waiting for years for this game. Only a few months left!
But uhm, too bad it aint CJ no more. And i don't like LC that much either, but it looks good tho.
I also demand they have 3 or more cities again in this game like with GTA:SA..that is cool. Only 1 city wil ruin it.
Imma buy an PS3 for this game tho..i expect the game to look the best on this console.

InvincibleArmor79
03-30-2007, 11:29 AM
details and scenery are fuckin ridiculous... cant wait for this

36chambers
03-30-2007, 01:42 PM
So we get to play as an illegal-immigrant, could be interesting. Its obviously set in NY AKA Liberty City, due to the Statue of Liberty in the trailer. This game looks ill, i thought SA wouldn't be topped but it looks like it...

Rockstar done it again.

Inspectah_Dirk
03-30-2007, 03:09 PM
I do hope the background/story of the main character is worked out really well, cuz that makes the game so much better. I also hope there will be alot of famous voices in it, always a nice touch.
I don't know when this is set, probably after San Andreas, so the chances of running into CJ are slim, but it would be dope, also if that GTAIII dude was there doing his thing..forgot his name.
Uhm..im guessing that there arent 3 cities, but that Liberty City is much much bigger now.
First rumors where that it would be set in London, because of the first gta game..there were the 3 cities there that have been done already, and the expansion was London. But that a big no now i guess.
Maybe you get to fly to Europe for some shit, seeing it is an immigrant.

But whatever Rockstar does, i don't think i will be disappointed. Only shitty thing is that i have to wait way too long for it to come out haha.
And in the meantime all the rumors will start growing making the changes for disappointment bigger. But fuck those fake fanboys!

Sexy Jasper
03-30-2007, 06:27 PM
I hope this game will be as big as SA, but I doubt it since it's the same DVD they have to press their high quality textures on etc.

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-30-2007, 06:42 PM
First thing i thought of when i saw it was NY was the soundtrack, hopefully have some gritty NY hip hop on the radio, GTA never dissapoints with the music normally. New guy doesnt look as good as CJ, eastern european immigrant isn't exactly the type of person people from cities warm to quickly..

tommytootone
03-30-2007, 07:00 PM
it's going to be ny,new jersey, westchester county, and all the boro's, and all the way down to atlantic city

oDoUoSoKo
03-30-2007, 10:30 PM
...actually ny? or lib. city?

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
03-30-2007, 11:31 PM
ohhhhhhhhh shit

Lil' Ruger
03-30-2007, 11:35 PM
when are they gonna do detroit so i can be eminem or royce da 5 9.

or atlanta that would be crazy....st louis also.

The Hound
03-31-2007, 12:34 AM
First thing i thought of when i saw it was NY was the soundtrack, hopefully have some gritty NY hip hop on the radio, GTA never dissapoints with the music normally. New guy doesnt look as good as CJ, eastern european immigrant isn't exactly the type of person people from cities warm to quickly..

err thats the whole idea of it ...

why everyone in love with CJ, he wasnt that good

remember agallah/sean price/royce da 5'9 on game radio so might not be strictly NY, dont get your hopes up on wu tang lol id say the only wu we'll see on radio, if we get some, would be from the new album, but i guess it depends when they set it, since GTA 3 was set in our time around 01, vice city, san andreas are set in the past, and this called GTA 4 id say itd take place in 07, just seems logical

i bet you anything 50 cent/g unit will be on the radio ...

Lil' Ruger
03-31-2007, 12:38 AM
http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200703/N07.0330.1112.19632.htm

someone buy this magazine and get the pics and info.

BRONZBODY
03-31-2007, 12:55 AM
yall def gon shit on me but i never liked gta....at all or any knockoff of it(scarface,the getaway,gangs of london,saints row) just not my cup of tea

Visionz
04-01-2007, 12:28 PM
This is probably gonna be the game that causes me to get a next-gen console. Shit looks fuckin dope

Skellington
04-01-2007, 12:33 PM
Trailer looks mad interesting, graphics are ill. Can't wait to get my hands on that game, gonna be hooked....

LilDirtyBastard
04-01-2007, 01:07 PM
I hope this game will be as big as SA, but I doubt it since it's the same DVD they have to press their high quality textures on etc.

SA was about 3-4 gigs, if they put on a Double Layer theyll got double space, so in dont see any problems in terms of how big it will be

zeppelin2k
04-01-2007, 01:10 PM
its liberty city
the whole trailer has the word liberty all over the place

cluckin chicken is back as well
and there is a show called top hooker (top model) in the game bc you can see the poster, so you probably have to help out with the show by getting hookers or some shit (russia, bosnia, and those places have a history of fucked up shit like kidnapped young girls and forcing them into prostituion, if thats in the game thats pretty fucked up) the guy is russain after all, he even says that he has sold people

gta 3 definately had the best city compared to vice and Andreas, so hopefully they bring back those locales

The Hound
04-01-2007, 01:22 PM
yeh but they had movie posters and shit in subways for badfellas (goodfellas) no movies n shit u participate in till vice city aaaaaaaah who the fuck knows, brain over load due to rumours and possibilities ... id say theyd keep the sme surroundings for LC just make it more realistic, problee have it develop a lil bit, already see a ferry terminal n shit, looks mad ...

Inspectah_Dirk
04-01-2007, 02:44 PM
What the fuck is this:

It says its the Wii trailer of GTA4

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6307295674180257795

It uses the old engine because the Wii is not as powerfull as the PS3 and such. But i don't believe the trailer, with the Tommy Vercetti dude and shit. I think its bs.

crust
04-01-2007, 04:55 PM
Tokyo would be nuts

yeah i agree. i think it would look dope at night with all the tokyo city lights and night life. maybe throw in alittle yakooza action and some drug deals, a few murders here and there and car chasing scenes in downtown tokyo! yeahhhhh!!!!!

Ghost In The 'Lac
04-02-2007, 12:10 PM
What the fuck is this:

It says its the Wii trailer of GTA4

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6307295674180257795

It uses the old engine because the Wii is not as powerfull as the PS3 and such. But i don't believe the trailer, with the Tommy Vercetti dude and shit. I think its bs.

check the post date

tommytootone
04-03-2007, 03:36 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nf/20070402/tc_nf/51176 NY balks at this game:spin:

shaolinmaster
04-03-2007, 05:42 AM
Can't wait for this to come out... I just read that the city of New York aint to happy that it's taking place in NY. They don't like the idea that you can run around and kill cops for points (money) and stuff.
I wonder if this would have anything to do with the Sean Bell shooting...

Frontal Lobotomy
04-03-2007, 06:01 AM
I think any major city would object to a GTA game being based there, it ain't just a NY thing.

11th Chamber
04-03-2007, 11:10 AM
I think if they didnt put all the signature landmarks of NY in IV, than there wouldent be that big of a problem.

Just curious, how come no one spoke out when the True Crime series used NY as a map?

WARPATH
04-03-2007, 01:09 PM
I'm going to be dissapointed if the game just takes place in Liberty City. They gotta give at least 3 cities to romp through, or might as well just play San Andres. But, Rockstar hasn't let me down since State of Emergency.

Inspectah_Dirk
04-03-2007, 03:05 PM
But NY shouldnt bitch. It's taking place in LC that is based on NY. Sure there are some landmarks, but fuck it. Many different research has shown that people don't copy any shit like violence from games, policticians want us to believe it is true, but it isn't. Even professors at the University who teach multimedia say so.
But i want more than LC as well. Unless it's like really big with alot of different areas. But i can trust on Rockstar i guess..like Charging Soldier says as well, they havent let me down so far.

100pr00f
04-03-2007, 03:09 PM
shiiiit i was playing crackdown like 4 hours straight..when i got done i was out walking around with my boy and i thought i could jump real high like in the game so jump into a wall that was 8 feet and busted my shins on the ledge

i couldnt reach my achevment

The Hound
04-03-2007, 07:02 PM
3 cities to romp around in ? the shit isnt final fantasy, if you have like 3 cities you wont get shit done, LC got 3 islands anyway what more you want, theyre gonna fuck this game up if they just pump it full of shit thats unnecessary

Inspectah_Dirk
04-04-2007, 02:13 PM
3 cities to romp around in ? the shit isnt final fantasy, if you have like 3 cities you wont get shit done, LC got 3 islands anyway what more you want, theyre gonna fuck this game up if they just pump it full of shit thats unnecessary

GTA San Andreas had 3 cities dude. That shit was dope.

Sean
04-04-2007, 05:45 PM
I think he meant 3 completely different cities in the game, not like 3 islands.

Inspectah_Dirk
04-05-2007, 02:26 PM
Yeah, that's what i meant too. San Andreas had 3 completely different cities. You had to travel through countryside and little villages to get to another city.

11th Chamber
04-05-2007, 11:34 PM
^^^ I think, that you think the GTAIV maps are gonna are gonna be the same as GTAIII. You're forgetting that this game will be on next-gen consoles. The islands are gonna be huge as shit

36chambers
04-06-2007, 04:29 PM
I dont think this game is going to represent GTA3 at all, i think it'll have a few spots from GTA3 for nostalga but besides that it will probably be more NY.

mAlAkAz
04-08-2007, 02:53 AM
since san andreas has 3 major west coast cities like LA, San Fran & Vegas, GTA IV should have 3 east coast cities like NY (with the bridges and other landmarks), Boston (with the trollies) & Chicago or Atlantic City (with the Casinos)

i wonder if the Twin Towers will be included in the game

36chambers
04-08-2007, 04:40 PM
i wonder if the Twin Towers will be included in the game

Good question.

We know Rockstar love contreversy, but will they dare have the twin towers in the game? Or something that resembles them. If they do, this game will be slaughtered by the government and some media, but even without the twin towers in it'll probably get into trouble.

Frontal Lobotomy
04-08-2007, 06:08 PM
I don't see why the towers couldn't be included if the setting was in the mid 90s or whatever. Its still only a fictional setting after all.

The Hound
04-08-2007, 11:42 PM
well GTA3 was released after 9/11 so i doubt it ... they changed the police cars and uniform over it so id doubt theyd chuck in the towers ... theres controversy and then there's controversy they dont wanna fuck with ...

Inspectah_Dirk
04-09-2007, 09:51 AM
It would be good publicity, because they will be in the news with that shit tho. Like with the whole hot coffee shit in SA.
And with that i would like to say; fuck all the whore's who were bitching about the hot coffee patch. "ohhh no, there pixelated sex in the game, that's sooo wrong". Stfu. I hope the people who were bitching about die of AIDS. Fucking pussies.

The Hound
04-09-2007, 10:17 AM
It would be good publicity, because they will be in the news with that shit tho. Like with the whole hot coffee shit in SA.
And with that i would like to say; fuck all the whore's who were bitching about the hot coffee patch. "ohhh no, there pixelated sex in the game, that's sooo wrong". Stfu. I hope the people who were bitching about die of AIDS. Fucking pussies.

thats a pretty fuckin tasteless and idiotic statement right there

do you really think stirring the 9/11 pot is on some 'good publicity' shit ?

Inspectah_Dirk
04-09-2007, 11:44 AM
thats a pretty fuckin tasteless and idiotic statement right there

do you really think stirring the 9/11 pot is on some 'good publicity' shit ?

Nah, its like bad publicity..but that could turn out in good publicity with shit like that. Perhaps not in America, but def. in Europe.
That's what i meant. Bad publicity is also publicity.

midGet
04-09-2007, 02:56 PM
wtf? Why not put the towers in the game? As already written, if the story will be held before 2001, it's quite automatic they will put the towers in there to ensure high level of reality.

Inspectah_Dirk
04-09-2007, 03:49 PM
But seeing there are planes in this game that you can control, it might not happen to have the towers in it. It's a little stupid to have the ability in a game to fly a plane in the twin towers or anything that resembles them..
Just the towers in them is fine with me, but the whole flying a plane in them..not so much. But we all know R*..so maybe it will happen. Who knows.

The Hound
04-09-2007, 10:45 PM
Nah, its like bad publicity..but that could turn out in good publicity with shit like that. Perhaps not in America, but def. in Europe.
That's what i meant. Bad publicity is also publicity.

i understand what you mean ... but like i think its a different ball game when you dealing with 9/11 ... like to me and you we dont live in america so its a different case of sensitivity ya kno ? ... i remember when GTA3 came out and they changed cop uniforms and cop cars to resemble LAPD instead of NYPD because of 9/11 ... but in any event liberty city doesnt really resemble NYC that much ... which is why i was suprised the statue of liberty was in the video :? unless its one of those things to get us all talking about one angle that seems so obvious then they hit us with something completely from left field ... I NEED ROCKSTAR UPDATES AAAAAAAAAAAAH :frusty:

shaolinsword
04-10-2007, 03:17 AM
Good question.

We know Rockstar love contreversy, but will they dare have the twin towers in the game? Or something that resembles them. If they do, this game will be slaughtered by the government and some media, but even without the twin towers in it'll probably get into trouble.

It's in trouble already with some lawyer trying to get it banned from the States. Or so I've heard anyway

Suga Duga
04-11-2007, 04:36 AM
It's in trouble already with some lawyer trying to get it banned from the States. Or so I've heard anyway

DL that shit anyway

Oztradamus
04-12-2007, 01:27 AM
http://metalgearsoliduk.blogspot.com/

The Hound
04-12-2007, 01:59 AM
good lookin out oz ...

11th Chamber
04-13-2007, 12:26 AM
thx for postin that link for the mag scans. Wow, that gave a shitload of info.

Im surprised and pretty pissed off that u cant fly planes, altho I guess I kind of understood the reasoning.

This really looks like it may be one of the greatest games ever made

As to the twin tower mentions, they are obviously not gonna be in the game as it is set in present day

midGet
04-13-2007, 08:43 AM
props for those scaned pages

The Hound
04-14-2007, 04:12 AM
its a disappointment about the planes because they were really going somewhere with t ... i understand the logic, but i think they could of snuck em in there somehwere ... looks like it wont be GTA as we know it ...

midGet
04-14-2007, 07:13 AM
well i think it won't ...for me because the article says there will no more the usual from rag to riches, I think this GTA will be more adventurous than just doing missions and earning money for whatever you done.

The Hound
04-18-2007, 04:21 AM
is GTA 4 coming to nintendo wii ... ?

ironwizard
04-18-2007, 06:01 AM
nope. the wii doesn´t have the processing power to handle such a game.

Bloo
04-18-2007, 06:27 AM
Don't bank on that one man.

shaolinsword
04-18-2007, 07:47 AM
its a disappointment about the planes because they were really going somewhere with t ... i understand the logic, but i think they could of snuck em in there somehwere ... looks like it wont be GTA as we know it ...

The game's probably got the twin towers in it and R* know people are gonna be dumb enough to fly in to it

EAGLE EYE
04-18-2007, 01:09 PM
NO planes? WTF?!!

U guys serious?

EAGLE EYE
04-18-2007, 01:38 PM
I want to hear Sean Price and Wu Tang on this games soundtrack

The Hound
04-18-2007, 02:37 PM
The game's probably got the twin towers in it and R* know people are gonna be dumb enough to fly in to it

thats not why planes arent in the game ... planes arent in because LC is a city and unlike the state of san andreas which had vast country and desert terrain ... LC doesnt ... so yo ucant really fly a plane around LC like you could SA ya know ... plus since its set in 07 twin towers wont be part of LC ...

Bloo
04-18-2007, 11:31 PM
I want to hear Sean Price and Wu Tang on this games soundtrack

Well Sean Price was on the GTA3 soundtrack. If it's taking place in '07 though I doubt any Wu will be on it. Unless they have like a flashback hip-hop station.

The Hound
04-18-2007, 11:58 PM
but they might do like GTA3 did to promote an album like they did with rock city ... maybe 8 diagarams shit could be on ...

EAGLE EYE
04-19-2007, 01:36 AM
Well Sean Price was on the GTA3 soundtrack. If it's taking place in '07 though I doubt any Wu will be on it. Unless they have like a flashback hip-hop station.

Did not realize he was on it. But he still wouldnt have to be on a flashback station cuz he just dropped Jesus Price Superstar recently.

Bloo
04-19-2007, 02:31 AM
Oh yeah, Sean spit on of the tightest verses on that game.

Yo, Yo
Yeah, we all cool, par
Anybody can get it
Winchesters, Remingtons
Any shotty I hit it
Yo, Dress sloppy but my rap is daper
Watched Rosewood, go outside and slapped a cracker
Yo, various styles and various hot shit
Killed a nigga on the train like Berry Slovik, duke
Bottom line, you ain't ready for Ruck
Where your girl, duke I'm ready to fuck
Do the knowledge, I'm ill
Specially when the god swallowin pills
Spaz out on your bitch while she gobble my deals
All my niggaz wit the drama be real
Ruck, Dread, Agallah, body armor is steel
Squad from the ville
Untouchable, Sean Connor's got killed
Ya'll nigga chill before ya momma get killed
Word, word
Untouchable, Sean Connor's got killed
Ya'll niggaz chill before ya momma get killed

shaolinsword
04-19-2007, 03:39 AM
Didn't know IV was set in '07. I thought it set in the early 90's?

The Hound
04-19-2007, 03:59 AM
thats SA ...

shaolinsword
04-19-2007, 07:01 AM
Yeah, but there was loads of rumours flying around that this will be set in the early 90's

midGet
04-22-2007, 10:24 AM
hm I dont like the idea of IV being set in ' 07 ...rather 70's or so.

NIGHT MAYOR
04-24-2007, 02:42 AM
GTA - 1997 (set in 97)
GTA London 1969 - 1999 (set in 61 & 69)
GTA 2 - 1999 (set in 2013)
GTA 3 - 2001 (set in 2001)
GTA vice city - 2002 (set in 1986)
GTA san andreas - 2004 (set in 1992)
GTA advance - 2005 (set in 2000)
GTA liberty city stories - 2005 (set in 1998)
GTA vice city stories - 2006 (set in 1998)
GTA 4 - 2007 (set in 07)

The Hound
04-24-2007, 02:45 AM
vice city stories was set in 84 not 98 ...

NIGHT MAYOR
04-24-2007, 05:02 AM
not what my map pack book states. *shrug* never played it

shaolinsword
04-25-2007, 08:09 AM
UK, April 24, 2007 - The first gameplay details of Rockstar's upcoming epic Grand Theft Auto IV have been unveiled, just a couple of weeks since the first teaser trailer caused a major stir across the world.

Game Informer's Andrew Reiner -- one of the few journalists to see the game -- lifted the lid on some of the features we can expect to see when GTA IV launches in October.

Top of the list is the fact that players can fly across Liberty City, although not in planes. "There are no airplanes in the game but flying is still there," he explained. "One means of this is the helicopter. This is just one city and a plane really doesn't fit into that very well for gameplay. Flying is still very much a large part of the game."

Reiner also said that the driving experience was far closer to something like Midnight Club rather than previous GTA titles and that the camera angle sat closer to the car, which showed off vehicles in more detail and also enabled players to see more of the city as they drive around.

Talking of the city, Reiner added that even though he saw an early version of the game, it was already looking stunning. "The visuals are tremendous and easily some of the best I have seen. What's scary about this statement is that Rockstar North is still improving upon the visuals. There's little question that it will be one of the best looking games come this holiday," he said.

Other details revealed by Reiner include the possibility that players may be able to drive boats, get a girlfriend and - bizarrely - climb up telegraph poles. Rockstar also hinted to him that previous characters from GTA titles might put in an appearance, plus Reiner predicts that locations outside of Liberty City could be downloaded from Xbox Live or the PlayStation Network.

Whatever Rockstar squeezes into GTA IV, if it's got helicopters we're happy.

Seems pretty good

The Hound
04-25-2007, 08:37 AM
good ... helicopters thats a relief ... ive never played midnight club so i dont know what the driving is like on that but i guess its better than GTA ... haha climb telegraph poles thatd be cool ...

11th Chamber
04-25-2007, 10:50 PM
not what my map pack book states. *shrug* never played it

Vice City Stories is set in 1984. Lance Vance is still alive.

Dirty Knowledge
04-27-2007, 06:13 PM
Midnight Club was raw, I played Dub Edition, so that could add to the suspense of GTA. This looks raw too. And I thought Liberty City was supposed to be the GTA version of NY. Haha..

And who noticed the MetLife "GetaLife" ripoff? Hahaha

ironwizard
04-29-2007, 01:18 PM
check out this interview from the latest playstation mag... this game is gonna be so fucking sweet.

http://www.gta-sanandreas.com/

InvincibleArmor79
04-29-2007, 02:30 PM
check out this interview from the latest playstation mag... this game is gonna be so fucking sweet.

http://www.gta-sanandreas.com/

props on the interiview find...

2L8Lit da croatianMC
04-29-2007, 02:40 PM
great interview wit Houser..

zeppelin2k
04-29-2007, 05:23 PM
its set in liberty city not new york....

shaolinsword
04-30-2007, 03:05 AM
I thought Liberty City was New York?

The Hound
04-30-2007, 03:19 AM
liberty city is just modelled off new york ... but it won't be like true crime NYC realistic ...

shaolinsword
04-30-2007, 01:41 PM
^I wasn't expecting that, true crime is shit anyway

The Hound
04-30-2007, 02:04 PM
you might of miss understood ... i meant the mapping of true crime was reallistic to nyc whereas LC is modelled of it ...

iMatt
04-30-2007, 03:46 PM
I Do Hope Theres a Make your Own Gang feature in GTA: IV That'd be Intense shit. *nod*

-iMatt.

Lil' Ruger
04-30-2007, 04:02 PM
I Do Hope Theres a Make your Own Gang feature in GTA: IV That'd be Intense shit. *nod*

-iMatt.

i wanted that i'd make Bluds

Dirty Knowledge
04-30-2007, 04:44 PM
Great looks on the interview. I laughed when the dude responded to "massively multiplayer game". He's like "I hate those, it's always like, Oh, I'm an Elf! No, you're a kid from Kent." Lmfao.. but the fact Rockstar is going to have SOME SORT of multiplayer functions is DOPE. I always knew GTA would go online multiplayer for Playstation and now they will.. damn this game looks gangsta.

2L8Lit da croatianMC
05-02-2007, 12:56 PM
yo this is the shit... i read the interview day or few ago... damn... nyc aka liberty gonna be tight!niko gonna smoke some gangstaz!

SID
05-16-2007, 07:40 AM
parts of this game are looking pretty wack, no bodybuilding, no planes, no previous characters and very little customization, on the other hand i think there gonna make up for all that with some serious innovative gaming

J-Cee
05-16-2007, 10:00 AM
Gta VIII :Australia

SID
05-16-2007, 10:08 AM
that would be a wack location

11th Chamber
05-16-2007, 05:46 PM
Gta VIII :Australia

sweet, you get to attack Kangaroo's...what else does Australia got?

WARPATH
05-16-2007, 06:25 PM
Good question.

The original GTA 3 had twin towers in it's original design, but before the game was realsed, the towers came down, so it delayed the release of the game as well as many other games that featured the towers.

The Hound
05-16-2007, 10:45 PM
too many ungrateful arab immigrants ... :no:

besides, we're civilised, we dont have social issues thats rockstar require to make a grand theft auto game ...

NIGHT MAYOR
05-24-2007, 03:21 AM
that would be a wack location

i respect your opinion but:
Melbourne or Sydney would kick ass, melbourne has always had a large underground crime scene, bikies, mafiaso, yakuza, n Sydney with street gangs in the outer suburbs with mixed races living in cheap area's

never happen tho

imagine the dialog - hahahah

11th Chamber
05-25-2007, 10:57 PM
i respect your opinion but:
Melbourne or Sydney would kick ass, melbourne has always had a large underground crime scene, bikies, mafiaso, yakuza, n Sydney with street gangs in the outer suburbs with mixed races living in cheap area's

never happen tho

imagine the dialog - hahahah

nobody outside of the U.S. would want to play there tho

Skillz
05-25-2007, 11:40 PM
cant wait to play it on the ps3

Skillz
05-25-2007, 11:55 PM
or xbox its still gonna be good

Dokuro
05-26-2007, 01:37 AM
yes i started ff mania

NIGHT MAYOR
05-30-2007, 03:49 AM
nobody outside of the U.S. would want to play there tho

so your saying the u.s. WOULD wanna play it ? i think you mean outside of australia and i agree, maybe new zealand would, they all live over here anyways

like i said too you would'nt understand half the shit they were saying, yanks never understand me on xbox live, neways PEACE.

Lil' Ruger
06-01-2007, 09:05 PM
Australia would be wack.....i liked wut 1 dude said about being all the chars and doing diff missions with them...and then perhaps tey become the ppl who run the city....

CJ bangin out wit Tony? shit wud b ill.

damaja
06-02-2007, 05:44 AM
What's the crack with the 360/PS3 deal? Is there any difference in release dates or content in games? GTA used to be up there with the PS exclusive, and Xbox having to wait ages, but now it seems like GTA is not even made specially for PS at all.

shaolinsword
06-02-2007, 09:24 AM
They're coming out on the same day I think but R* are having problems with developing for the 360 and each problem. Both platforms are supposed to have exclusive content to download

And there's also a special edition with a shit load of free stuff

Bloo
06-02-2007, 08:01 PM
The only prob Rockstar is having with development for the 360 is the lack of space. Microsoft's idea to go with standard DVDs is starting to bite them in the ass as they're having trouble fitting all of the new Liberty City onto one disc. But just like every other GTA since the franchise started, you can assure that there will be a PS3, 360, and PC version.

tommytootone
06-08-2007, 05:33 PM
http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/3536/lmao5om5.jpg

11th Chamber
06-08-2007, 05:36 PM
^^^RAMESH is so buyin that shit

Tangaz
06-14-2007, 10:23 AM
there was thousands of posts on www.gamefaqs.com (http://www.gamefaqs.com) of people saying GTA shouldn't go to London and it should stay in US but if it does they'll never buy GTA againWhat a pack of whingein' bitches! I mean really! It started in London! Then the Yanks get all pissy about it goin' back?! What the fuck...some of you Yanks still continue to stun me with their Bitch-In-Braggadocious-Clothing routines.
Gimme a minute...

...Okay. :b

...What was I sayin'?

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
06-14-2007, 10:57 AM
http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/3536/lmao5om5.jpg

lmao @ pic

J-Cee
06-18-2007, 01:36 AM
Why would it be shit if it was in Australia???..explain..Rockstar could make it anywhere and it would be dope,australia has plenty of gangs,crime,scenery for it to work.....

J-Cee
06-18-2007, 02:30 AM

just another example of american ignorance...australia is very multicultural,with gangs,large citys,lots of scenery etc etc..it would be a very good location..

shaolinsword
06-19-2007, 08:21 AM
New GTA IV Trailer Coming Soon:

Rockstar let us in on a little secret today, regarding the still-mysterious title. Apparently, a second trailer -- titled "Looking for that special someone" -- will be coming our way on June 28. We assume that you are all salivating for information just as much as we here at IGN are, so make sure you check back for the official unveiling of this second trailer. Hopefully, we will get a more substantial glimpse of gameplay this time around."

Incase you didn't already know

tommytootone
06-26-2007, 03:56 AM
this game is going to be hot. You can explore inside buildings and jersey is in the game as well.

ironwizard
06-28-2007, 09:24 AM
New trailer tonight, bitches!

Buzk
06-28-2007, 12:10 PM
http://rockstargames.com/IV/trailer_splash.html

Buzk
06-28-2007, 12:12 PM
new trailer http://rockstargames.com/IV/trailer_splash.html

ironwizard
06-28-2007, 01:54 PM
This trailer has me hyped! can´t wait till october

The Hound
06-28-2007, 03:58 PM
man that looks fucken sick, it sounded like james gandolfini's voice was in there too

God_Son
06-28-2007, 04:10 PM
fiendin for this shit to drop!!!

11th Chamber
06-28-2007, 06:05 PM
im gonna have no life for like a week after I cop this

TeknicelStylez
06-28-2007, 07:02 PM
and jersey is in the game as well.

werdemup, they better not fuck up on jersey

NIGHT MAYOR
06-29-2007, 09:24 PM
yp9RrbnwopU

Inspectah_Dirk
07-02-2007, 02:47 PM
They can't possibly fuck this up. If they do, well..i will still buy this shit.

2L8Lit da croatianMC
07-04-2007, 10:57 PM
They gotta put Redman in the game, sparkin a blunt in Jersey with MEF

2L8Lit da croatianMC
07-04-2007, 11:00 PM
im gonna have no life for like a week after I cop this

hehe
i wont 4 a month...

tommytootone
07-04-2007, 11:34 PM
werdemup, they better not fuck up on jersey
I can't find the link, but it came from yahoo when the trailor dropped and it said they would be using Jersey, but it wouldn't be called jersey. I hope they use the whole entire state!

TeknicelStylez
07-05-2007, 02:30 PM
na i heard they prolly just gonna have like AC, i wanna see row houses, crack dealers, and gangs, not factories and trailer park filler like these dumb mother fuckers at neversoft

shaolinsword
07-05-2007, 05:05 PM
I noticed something about the trailer awhile ago, in one of the scenes there's a person getting beaten up in a playground

Buzk
07-05-2007, 06:28 PM
^damn hope we can use the playground facilities. cant have playgrounds without kids, i've always wanted to cut kids with a chainsaw and push prams of buildings (in gta that is). the game also needs handicapped people in wheelchairs.

Jamal Noor
07-05-2007, 06:52 PM
^damn hope we can use the playground facilities. cant have playgrounds without kids, i've always wanted to cut kids with a chainsaw and push prams of buildings (in gta that is). the game also needs handicapped people in wheelchairs.

haha

your fucked up man:no:

shaolinsword
07-05-2007, 07:58 PM

That's fucked up

Buzk
07-05-2007, 10:13 PM
come on, im just expressing your subconscious desires. the more details and realism on your rampage area and its inhabitants the better.

100pr00f
07-05-2007, 10:36 PM
see hes head move when he is walking

the phiscs are gonna be sick in this game

wish 360 made blurray dvds cuz this game over fills the dvd copacitys

so 360 will get a lower version of it

damn

Bloo
07-05-2007, 11:18 PM
Not really, I actually saw on G4 last week that the 360 has locked exclusive rights with Rockstar to include downloadable extras and missions. So there might actyallu be more content than the PS3 version...

100pr00f
07-05-2007, 11:35 PM
naw the d/l able stuff is the stuff it was taken off cuz of disk size
like some music was taken off

some other shit...it was in a gaming mag
that said this

also like shirts and other shit of that source was alos taken off to save space on disk but will allow 360 owners to d/l it

2L8Lit da croatianMC
07-06-2007, 01:49 AM
They need to put some animals in the game finally... dogs and cats, birds, horses or whateva, to make it more realistic... i mean u sneakin in the back of the house and some dog expose you to ya enemyies...

Bloo
07-06-2007, 02:27 AM

that said this

also like shirts and other shit of that source was alos taken off to save space on disk but will allow 360 owners to d/l it

Well that's booty... I'll just wait for the PC version to come out with all that added shit and better graphics :yes:

They need to put some animals in the game finally... dogs and cats, birds, horses or whateva, to make it more realistic... i mean u sneakin in the back of the house and some dog expose you to ya enemyies...
that's actually a good idea, they should put some shit like that in. Probably wont' though

Cee Oh Vee
07-06-2007, 03:00 AM
If the 360 gets less features or something on GTA IV, I'm not joking I'll cry. This is the reason I got the 360.

:(

J-Cee
07-06-2007, 03:11 AM
they wont fuck up..ive never been dissapointed by a GTA game,even if theres shit missing and u want more..its still dope.

ironwizard
07-06-2007, 12:51 PM

that said this

you got a link that confirms this? I´m pretty sure it isn´t true. The two versions should be almost identical. The reason xbox gets exclusive content is because microsoft paid rockstar $50 to keep it. it has nothing to do with disk space. Also, the 360 version is the one they keep showing off, so I´m not so sure that that version is worse. We´ll see when it launches....

shaolinsword
07-06-2007, 02:08 PM
you got a link that confirms this? I´m pretty sure it isn´t true. The two versions should be almost identical. The reason xbox gets exclusive content is because microsoft paid rockstar $50 to keep it. it has nothing to do with disk space. Also, the 360 version is the one they keep showing off, so I´m not so sure that that version is worse. We´ll see when it launches....

Search IGN. R* have confirmed they're having trouble with the size of the 360 disc so they think they may have to downsize. There will also be a few changes between the 2 version as PS3's Blu Ray (which was stolen) can hold a lot more information than 360's HDDVD or something along those lines

36chambers
07-07-2007, 08:06 AM
^^yeah its true.

Because a Blu Ray can hold alot more than the 360's HD-DVD they are limited to producing the game. They should have just made 2 diff versions but they'll probably port the 360 version to the PS3, im not 100% sure.

mAlAkAz
07-07-2007, 03:01 PM
360 should just release the game as a double HD-DVD if they need the space

Suga Duga
07-07-2007, 05:57 PM
can't wait for that shit to be released

Bloo
07-11-2007, 01:07 AM
360 should just release the game as a double HD-DVD if they need the space

They wouldn't be able to. The most they'd be able to do is release it on a dual-layer DVD-9 which maxes out at 8.5 gigs. Now that's a lot of space but probably still not enough depending on how epic Rockstar plans on making this game. The HD-DVD is always an option, but that would mean 360 owners would have to go out and buy a $250 add on just to play the game and that's not fair.

Besides, I don't believe the HD-DVD player has the ability to stream game media, but that doesn't mean it can't happen...

shaolinsword
07-11-2007, 03:41 AM
they'll probably port the 360 version to the PS3, im not 100% sure.

I thought they planned it for the PS3 first?

Roman Deini
07-11-2007, 04:26 PM
The August issue of GamesTM (a multi-format games magazine based in the UK) contains a world exclusive first look at the new gameplay in Grand Theft Auto IV. Here's a brief run-down on some of the new stuff mentioned:

- The demo begins in Grand Theft Auto IV's equivalent of Times Square: Star Junction. There aren't many pedestrians present at this time, but this is most likely due to the early nature of the code.

- The mobile phone can be used to gain weapons. In the demo that GamesTM saw, Niko calls his associate Little Jacob, who is a caribbean arms dealer. After a brief chat with Jacob, he tells Niko to meet him in an alleyway in Rotterdam Hill, where he purchases the weapons from him. No more Ammu-Nation it seems.

- Niko can use taxis to get around (presumably he can use the phone to call a taxi). The police are much more vigilant in GTA IV, and sometimes it is less hassle using a taxi than jacking someone's car. The trip-skip option is available for convenience.

- In the demo, Niko recieves a call concerning "shady lawyer" Goldberg, of Goldberg, Ligner & Shyster (GLS). Niko can use the internet in GTA4. He heads over to an internet café called the "Tw@ Café," and hops onto a PC before surfing. He uploads his CV to the GLS website so he can get an interview - before killing Goldberg. He receives a phonecall confirming the time of his interview. The web is available from any computer in the game, and provides a hub for all sorts of interactivity within Liberty City.

- Missions in GTA IV can be interrupted. The interview isn't until tomorrow, which means you can carry out other business until then. This suggests you can do several missions at the same time, and missions can take place over several days, perhaps.

- Next in the demo, Niko pays a visit to somebody called McReary, at Castle Gardens, a coast-side hangout overlooking the Statue of Hapiness. McReary has had a memory stick stolen from him which contains sensitive data, and he wants Niko to retrieve it for him. He takes another cab to the meeting point, where the target is standing amongst a crowd of people. The problem is he doesn't know which one it is, so he gives him a call to see which one picks up their phone. Niko shoots the target three times in the back of the head, before taking the memory stick and making a run for it. He gains a three-star wanted level as a result.

- Committing crimes isn't as easy in GTA IV. You gain a wanted level for every crime you commit, aslong as there are witnesses present. Once you have gained a wanted level, a visible (circular) search area appears on the radar, and if you escape this area without being spotted, your wanted level will flash and disappear. If you are spotted, however, the search area's position changes, and centers on where you were last spotted. So unlike previous GTA games, the police don't always know where you are. They can't catch you unless they find you first. It was confirmed previously that in GTA IV every street will be named, and this is what cops use to communicate when they are tracking you down. There are no Pay N' Spray's to save you this time, unfortunately.

- Before heading off to the interview, Niko goes to a menswear store called Perseus. After spending $2,000 on a new suit and shoes, his phone alarm sounds and he begins his journey to the GLS offices for his interview. He speaks to the receptionist from outside the building via intercom, before making his way into the building. He enters Goldeberg's office and puts a bullet in his head, which causes his secretary to trigger the alarm. Niko must beat security guards and police in order to get out of the building. Bullets rain down on him, and there's a police chopper waiting outside. It seems as though the more bullets he takes, the more damage he takes, and hence he becomes less able to fight. The damage is actually visible this time.

ironwizard
07-11-2007, 04:59 PM
^^wow, that sounds crazy. Can´t wait for this game...

36chambers
07-11-2007, 05:48 PM
I thought they planned it for the PS3 first?

Yes but it would be easier to port the 360 version to the PS3. If they tried to port the PS3 version to the 360 it might not be possible due to the Blu-Ray disks being more GIGs than a HD-DVD.

Hopefully they'll tweak it a bit for the PS3 though, cant see Rockstar wasting all that free space on the Blu ray disks.

shaolinsword
07-11-2007, 06:10 PM
It's just gonna be more clothes and stuff but then again there's new islands available on XBL for the 360 so that might be what fills it. The new gameplay sounds good but they've taken too many ideas from scarface

100pr00f
07-12-2007, 08:59 AM
thats were the first game came from

shaolinsword
07-12-2007, 12:55 PM
Nah, not the film, from the game. In the game you ring an arms dealer for guns obviously and when your wanted by the police there's a circle on the map which you have to get out of to get away from the police

Sean
07-12-2007, 01:51 PM
Scarface the game sucked balls though. There were some good ideas and stuff, but it was shit to play.

All those new gameplay features sound phat, I can't wait for this game.

2L8Lit da croatianMC
07-12-2007, 06:24 PM
i cant wait for it too.... gta4 is the reason im coppin ps3...

Bloo
07-13-2007, 05:17 AM
I"m still gonna wait for the PC version to hit, outshine everything the PS3 or 360 version has...

DJMethods
07-13-2007, 04:12 PM
I'm not sure if this has been posted, but...

http://www.wkttradio.com/

Say your piece, if it's good enough, you'll be on one of the radio stations on GTA haha

InvincibleArmor79
07-13-2007, 04:36 PM
october is just around the corner

Roman Deini
07-13-2007, 06:19 PM
Some new GTA IV gameplay details have emerged in the latest issue of UK magazine PLAY. It clarifies a lot of the things mentioned in the GamesTM exclusive preview which we told you about on Monday. Here are some of the new points:

- McReary, the character we learned about in GamesTM, is a corrupt cop. He has "dirt on Niko's past." The mission they previewed is called "Call and Collect."

- Little Jacob (a caribbean arms dealer) is a good friend of Niko's cousin. When you buy weapons from him (which are kept in his trunk) you can scroll through them like you did in Ammu-Nation in the previous GTA games. Rotterdam Hill (the place where Niko agrees to meet Jacob) is in Alderney - the GTA IV equivalent of New Jersey.

- Niko kills Goldberg (the shady lawyer) because he owes a favour to somebody. Rockstar showed the sequence where he kills Goldberg twice. The first time he fell out of the window, the second time he merely crumpled on the floor.

- When purchasing clothes, you have to choose the items from the shelf individually.

- Determining which figures you need to kill requires perception - there are no arrowheads to direct you like in the previous games.

- Once you gain a wanted-level, the map flashes with circles of blue and red, with each circle representing the line of sight of the police chase. The circles differ in size depending on your wanted-level.

- The default camera view when driving rests around the left-hand side of the car above the road.

- Multiplayer is accessed via your mobile phone.

- The combat rests somewhere between Resident Evil 4 and Gears of War in terms of style, allowing you to roll, find protection and blind-fire from behind cover.

- Shooting different parts of the body has different impacts (e.g shoot a security guard in the foot at the top of the stairs, and he'll come tumbling down.)

- In GTA IV you have to develop relationships with other characters. Your relationship with Little Jacob, for example, is maintained through phone calls and loyalty. Developing good relationships with different characters can provide different rewards.

http://files.gtanet.com/images/3441_gta_iv_screenshot.jpg

This screenshot reminds me of the movie Heat.

DJMethods
07-14-2007, 04:11 AM
Yo, been announced PS3 has exclusive content for GTA as well. Instead of having to download it's already on the blu-ray.

Cuts
07-19-2007, 10:00 AM
source?

shaolinsword
07-19-2007, 01:08 PM
^Read up on it on IGN

11th Chamber
07-29-2007, 07:03 PM
oh nigga....

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/grandtheftauto4/news.html?sid=6175585&om_act=convert&om_clk=newlyadded&tag=newlyadded;title;1

Swordhands
07-29-2007, 07:11 PM
Hot damn ive been waiting for GTA IV to come out. San Andreas was sick ill be coppin that as soon as it drops. Hell Yeeeaaah

shaolinsword
07-29-2007, 07:25 PM
I just read in a mag that PS3 aint gonna have exclusive content

MantiZ
07-30-2007, 03:05 PM
"Just days after GTA makers and all round games geniuses Rockstar announced that you'd only be able to get the full GTA IV experience on the 360..."

100pr00f
08-02-2007, 09:21 PM
The release date for GTA IV has been pushed back to April 2008.

Take-Two is reducing its fiscal 2007 guidance primarily to reflect the movement of the launch of Grand Theft Auto IV for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from the fourth quarter of fiscal 2007 to fiscal 2008, due to additional development time required to complete the title. The title is now planned for release in the Company’s second quarter of fiscal 2008.

Why, you ask?

Strauss Zelnick, Chairman of Take-Two, stated, “With Grand Theft Auto IV, Rockstar is setting a new standard for next generation video games. Certain elements of development proved to be more time-intensive than expected, especially given the commitment for a simultaneous release on two very different platforms. We all recognize that perfecting the game is vital and I can assure everyone it will be worth the wait. We owe it to the game’s millions of fans, to our dedicated development team, and to our shareholders to make sure that Grand Theft Auto IV is a groundbreaking gaming experience that takes maximum advantage of next generation technology.”

Sam Houser, Founder and Executive Producer of Rockstar Games, added, "The new consoles are allowing us to create the Grand Theft Auto game we always dreamed about. Every aspect of the game and its design has been completely transformed. The game is huge and is pushing the hardware platforms to their absolute limits. The top engineers from Sony and Microsoft are working closely with the team in Edinburgh right now, helping us to fully leverage the power of both platforms. As always, our goal is to surpass even the wildest expectations of the game’s fans, and to create the ultimate high definition video game experience." Source: here (http://ir.take2games.com/ReleaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=258238)

i know thier is a sticky but i want this to stick out for a bit to let every one know

peace

EAGLE EYE
08-02-2007, 10:35 PM
this will win game of the year 4 sure

wufan10304
08-02-2007, 11:40 PM
oh well, just gives us more to play Bioshock, Assassins Creed, Mass Effect, Call of Duty 4, and of course Halo 3. not to shit on sony, but i bet it has something to do with them programing it on the blue ray disks. video game journalists played and praised GTA4 so far. i havent heard nothing but good stuff. and the version they were playing was running on the 360.

brown_dogg
08-03-2007, 12:03 AM
yeaaa there's way too many good games coming out this year anyway.

shaolinsword
08-03-2007, 03:36 AM
especially in and around October. I can't say this surprises me really

100pr00f
08-03-2007, 08:07 AM
yeaaa there's way too many good games coming out this year anyway.

i agree with u im not to down....nov damn like 4 games comming i want
240$ that month shit...im not gonna get em all..only when i bet one i get another one
but damn

thier is like 6 or 8 games this year i want....grave shifter give me some money.....he rich

Pretty Toney
08-11-2007, 07:01 AM
why do they all talk outlandish english like arabs? the blond girl too.. wtf

InvincibleArmor79
08-28-2007, 04:07 AM
update time.... so im guessin this game is still gonna drop on time?? it better.. i been ready for another gta since like, welll since i beat san andreas for the 2nd time...

mean while... i been diggin into that god of war 2.. that shit is dope!!! dam i love bein a fuckin gamer... bought time to bust out the ol nintendo, jus for the old school shit..

contra
paperboy
tecmo super bowl
tmnt
castlevania

an whatever else i can find that still runs, of course usin the blowin the cartridge technique... i trained on nes throughout my childhood..

you never know where u goin, if you dont know where u been..
i used to fake bein sick, just to stay home to beat the goddam game..

thas real gamer status.. u know u on some shit if u stayed up for days on that shit

2L8Lit da croatianMC
10-01-2007, 06:54 PM
^^^word!!! I played Contra for years as a kid...

STYLE
10-06-2007, 09:11 AM
thas real gamer status.. u know u on some shit if u stayed up for days on that shit

i didn't sleep till i got to tyson on punchout. me and my friend each put in $15 and bought it. we had a sleepover and logged about 20 hrs on it. what u know about a burnin hot NES? lol
ahh the good ol days...
speaking of old school heres a sig i made a while back.....

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd116/STYLEMASTERR/fuban.jpg

Lil' Ruger
10-20-2007, 01:44 PM
shit perfect dark mah nigga i get 6 o' clock on that shit

KERZO
11-23-2007, 07:12 AM
yeah the turtles game almost blew up my nes cos i never stopped playing the bugger....half the time was spent on trying to get the game to work.....ah the good ol days,lol

Olive Oil Goombah
12-03-2007, 09:48 PM
Does anyone remember wizards and warriors??? I loved that game.

STYLE
12-04-2007, 02:08 AM
Does anyone remember wizards and warriors??? I loved that game.

hell yeah.
http://www.wiitastic.com/images/wizards-and-warriors.png

NIGHT MAYOR
12-04-2007, 03:55 AM
syndicate. that was the shit. whens GTA droppin ?!

11th Chamber
12-04-2007, 04:52 AM
Nice to see we are all discussing the topic...

100pr00f
12-06-2007, 03:10 PM
new trailer check it

http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/trailer_splash.html

looking dope

AcidPhosphate69
12-06-2007, 04:26 PM
I love the Eastern European thing. Shit is badass.