PDA

View Full Version : Resources........

Visionz
03-24-2007, 12:21 AM
In a perfect world, life would be more simplistic, what you fed to you and your family you grew or you killed, you'd drink nothing but cold well water, you'd build your house from the materials around you, etc. Basically, natural and simple.

But the world is going in the opposite direction, more complex, complicated just like our circuitry in the computer I'm using to send my thought across the globe.

We've traded our natural resources for the ones that are unnatural and we see the consequences in many different aspects.

So, what can we do to reach a balance between the two? With our heavy concentration of citizens in very small areas is there a way to maintain a self-sufficent lifestyle? What sacrifies would we have to be willing to accept for this to happen? Is it even possible at all? discuss

maestro wooz
03-24-2007, 12:49 AM
it's very possible and probaly easy, but it would require a drastic break from "normal" life.

You gotta work, in this world, so unless youre lucky youre still gonna have to use some kind of modern transportation. Cant avoid that, so maybe you should try to grow some of your own food, thatd be possible.

I dont think its possible to totally eschew the modern world and its complexities, but there is things you can do with some effort.

Visionz
03-24-2007, 12:55 AM
^but the goal would be complete self-sustainability. If everyone turned vegetarian & you put green houses on top of building all across NYC, for instance, would the amount of food produced be able to feed all of New York?

maestro wooz
03-24-2007, 01:02 AM
i dont know if a city could sustain itself, some products would need more open space then a city could afford, to be able to feed everyone. But i guess we might not need every single produce item, maybe only the bare essentials. We're cutting meat out of the diet and making everyone vegetarians?

I dont know if a city could do it, but maybe a whole state could sustain itself. Im just thinking of the USA right now, our country definetley could, if we could manage that. Would have to be some kind of communist organization.

Makes me think of what marx really says about commnism. He thought the world would have to go through a huge capitalist and industrial period before accepting communism. Otherwise the society would never develop the technologies and abilites to sustain itself.

Visionz
03-24-2007, 01:07 AM
^That definetly makes sense. I keep wondering what happens when they figure out a way for technology to eliminate damn near every job that's out there now. Some day in time, we're gonna reach a point when there's far more people than there will be a job to give 'em. What happens then?

maestro wooz
03-24-2007, 01:17 AM
the moon hopefully

Visionz
03-24-2007, 01:37 AM
why do u need balance between the 2? wouldnt it make sense to prosper naturally? because goin against the grain is causing a devolution in every aspect despite its instant gratification. a sacrifice i see needing to be made is a sharp decreaase in populationI hear you but then that becomes a question of how much are people willing to sacrifice? I don't see them giving up the modern convienences easy, and some way it seems pretty beneficial.

For one, people across the globe are communicating, perhaps bringin us all closer together in the process, at rates that were impossible even 10 years ago. another is the aid in creativity computers provide. It's certainly made music production and distribution alot cheaper. I can't sit back and pretend there isn't some kind of tangible benefit to having access to all this shit. The question I have for myself there though, is if this was all non-existant, would that life be more gratifying than this one? I could see that goin one way or the other.

About the population decrease, that's a muhfucka to deal with cuz you going against the biological impulse to pro-create, you can convince the people who have the sense to know why we should be keepin it to a single kid or none to take that action.

But the main problem is that people who don't care and don't listen often will fuck and have kids from a period of like 18 to 30-somethin offsettin all that plannin and educating.

Visionz
03-24-2007, 01:38 AM
the moon hopefullylike the moon becomes the new australia? lmao

Visionz
03-24-2007, 02:36 AM
^But the end would only be the beginning of something new. May we learn from our lessons.

RAMESH
03-24-2007, 05:27 AM
the thing that fascinates about man is the things we come up with
evrything trully amaizes me from tap water to my electric blanket
it's true that we are fucking up the enviroment but there is ways to stop this
a simple example is paper
millions of trees is being cut down just for this purpose & we don't need to do it because all the imformation we get from books can all be transfered to digital technology in time evry kid is going to have a laptop
there is so much ways we can save the enviroment but we still got along way to go
some countries is still very primitive we need to get them educated
in a few decades time i'm sure we still going to see alot of change hopfully for the better
i got alot of faith in humanity

V4D3R
03-25-2007, 05:36 PM
The happiest people in the world are those desolate tribes that avoid the outside world- the industrialized white man's world.

The most miserable had the industry walk though their hoods.

Visionz
03-26-2007, 02:50 AM
the thing that fascinates about man is the things we come up with
evrything trully amaizes me from tap water to my electric blanket
it's true that we are fucking up the enviroment but there is ways to stop this
a simple example is paper
millions of trees is being cut down just for this purpose & we don't need to do it because all the imformation we get from books can all be transfered to digital technology in time evry kid is going to have a laptop
there is so much ways we can save the enviroment but we still got along way to go
some countries is still very primitive we need to get them educated
in a few decades time i'm sure we still going to see alot of change hopfully for the better
i got alot of faith in humanityword, part of the problems lay in the power of countries and corperations who only aim to extort the world's people and the resources itself, this is off the subject but I still think a worldwide exposure of 9/11 will be what sparks the world revolution

The happiest people in the world are those desolate tribes that avoid the outside world- the industrialized white man's world.

The most miserable had the industry walk though their hoods.
I hear that but I have to ask, ^if we all lived that way but at our current numbers would there be enough food and water to go around?

V4D3R
03-26-2007, 02:52 AM
^^nature would take its course

Visionz
03-26-2007, 02:58 AM
^^nature would take its course
could you expand on that. do you think natures gonna take a lot of different angles to get there, disease, famine,.etc or were you seeing somethin else entirely?