PDA

View Full Version : Classifications of certain 'white' people.

Olive Oil Goombah
03-24-2007, 11:31 PM
I have always been fascinated by the fact that, in America, all Europeans are considered 'white', even tho most english, germanic descented people really don't believe so.
I know this from personal experience, being olive complected, with black hair and brown eyes, my 'white' angloid friends kid around and call me mexican, puerto rican, etc....They seem to resent Italians, Spanish, and other southern europeans....in fact, if they got rid of all the other 'minorities', we would be next in line.
My cousin, who is english and only one quarter italian said something interesting today.....I don't know if any of you know who Sasha Pavlovic is, but he is Serbian and plays BBall for the Cavaliers.
He said, 'sasha's not white'....and i was not really shocked cuz i know thats how they think.

So to sum this up, I don't really consider myself 'white' in the strictest sense of the word, and I don't really want to be considered it. I don't like being grouped in with the Anglo-Saxons because their culture and Italian culture is so different.
That being said, I consider myself Italian, Mediterranean, Roman....along the lines of that.
Any thoughts??? I'm curious to see what other anglos, italian/mediterranean and black people think about this subject.

Visionz
03-24-2007, 11:47 PM
In the end you're just human, in the grand scheme of things that really how I feel about it. For sake of conversation, white is just another name for european mutt, I've got german, english, irish and cherokee(about 1/8th, I know alot of people think bullshit when a white guys says that lol, but its really the case)in me, so yeah, what am I gonna do pick a country? If I relate to any one culture its probably Germany. That's mainly bcuz my Oma's fulled-blooded and raised there so I have a sense of what that means (which is good, home-cooked meals, and beer, haha) but even that's distant at best. The culture I most identify with is the one I'm surrounded by, Austin, Texas. I think of it more in terms of location rather than race I suppose, to me it feels more tangible.

Ultimate Fist
03-24-2007, 11:47 PM
I'm not sure what ethnicity they are but I don't consider rednecks white. They are too seperated from the rest of white culture.

Olive Oil Goombah
03-24-2007, 11:54 PM
Thats funny because to me rednecks are like THEE 'white' man....and this might be an american thing more than anything. The way our society is.

ITs funny cuz i just saw Borat, and the part where he went to the rodeo was funny cuz, the guy said to him 'oh they might not like that mustache, you look muslim. Shave it off and maybe you can pass as eye-talian.
It was so racist, yet so acceptable in that guys mind. Obviously i realize the situation but still.....it was funny tho. lol.

Ultimate Fist
03-25-2007, 12:05 AM
Thats funny because to me rednecks are like THEE 'white' man....and this might be an american thing more than anything. The way our society is.

ITs funny cuz i just saw Borat, and the part where he went to the rodeo was funny cuz, the guy said to him 'oh they might not like that mustache, you look muslim. Shave it off and maybe you can pass as eye-talian.
It was so racist, yet so acceptable in that guys mind. Obviously i realize the situation but still.....it was funny tho. lol.

They don't hold any real political or social power though. And a lot of non-whites in America are just as racist. I've heard mexicans and even some niggas say that kind of shit.

Visionz
03-25-2007, 01:00 AM
^ I could see if you're really just from one single country why you'd say that but soon as that bloodline starts getting all swirled around, fuck it, you're white

Os3y3ris
03-25-2007, 01:46 AM
In America, whiteness is based on fitting in with the European majority. If you do that, you're white. Italians are definitely white. Irish WEREN'T white, but now are.

cap
03-25-2007, 07:55 AM
well im from sardegna,italy a small italian island in the meditteranian (sp?) sea.
and people over there are among the darkest italians.
so i get treated the same way as other dark minorities over here in belgium.
ive been called names,banned from clubs,wasnt allowed to play at a friends house when i was 5,and all that shit.
and actually the opinions over here about italians are divided cus some say we're white and some say we're brown,so...
yeah this topic has been on my mind for a long time.

but i never go around saying 'im not white!!!' cus i dont want people to think im ashamed of being white or dont want to be wite.
but yeah,i cant say im offended when people are badmouthing whites,but i do when they're dissing brown people.
so there....

on the other hand turks are considered brown in this country by everyone,when the majority of turks i know are whiter than me,some even blonde with blue hair.
so i get mistaken for a turk all the time.
AND I MEAN ALL THE TIME!!

T-Mac
03-25-2007, 08:36 AM
I'm American, this is where I was born. My fathers grandparents were born in Ireland, and my mothers grandparents were born in Italy and Poland. I look most like my mother, but I like irish culture most, so I just say I'm Irish if someone asks my ethnicity.

T-Mac
03-25-2007, 08:39 AM
In America, whiteness is based on fitting in with the European majority. If you do that, you're white. Italians are definitely white. Irish WEREN'T white, but now are.

It's all about what part of Italy you're from. The further north you go, the more stereotypical European a person is. Down in Sicily and that area though, that's where you start to get into a more medeteranian feel.

Frontal Lobotomy
03-25-2007, 08:50 AM
It's all pretty irrelevant, particularly if in the US as most 'white' people have no 'genuine' ethnicity' as its been lost during the days of colonisation etc.
Its ok though, the same thing happened to England like a 1000+ years ago with the Romans, Saxons, Vikings, Celts, Germans, French et al. There are very few nations where the people have a 'solid' bloodline. Ireland is perhaps one of them, but then you gotta wonder if having a 'pure' bloodline is just a result of elaborate interbreeding (perhaps the one thing about my heritage that makes me feel uneasy). Its in our nature to want to want to be with partners of a different background, as it measn the next generation start a whole new bloodline, rather than just maintain the old one.

Olive Oil Goombah
03-25-2007, 10:19 AM

Yea, I know im considered white, and thats fine, i dont have a problem with it at all, believe me, its a benefit...BUT, trust me, im not white in the strictest sense of the word, like I said. And thats something that I keep in mind when I hear white racist rants directed toward blacks and hispanics.

My ancestors are from southern Italy, campobasso or campania, somewhere like that...the other side is from Montenerodomo, which is in the mountains somewhere in the middle of the country near the same latitude as Rome I think.

So I guess, what is the definition of white??? Being European? Or being northern european?
Its just like, where does black draw the line?? Are ALL africans black?? or are North Africans Arabic??
I think people just get grouped in

froth
03-25-2007, 11:42 AM
im black but yacub fucked with my melanin

Olive Oil Goombah
03-25-2007, 12:32 PM
And Elijah Muhammed is deity right? The same elijah who had an affair with his seceratary, but banished people from the nation for having the same type of affairs. Malcolm saw the light, why can't you? Maybe you need to make a hajj

Os3y3ris
03-25-2007, 12:39 PM
Yea, I know im considered white, and thats fine, i dont have a problem with it at all, believe me, its a benefit...BUT, trust me, im not white in the strictest sense of the word, like I said.

Yes you are. Its an amalgamation of ethnic groups. Italians certainly fit in and with ease.

Olive Oil Goombah
03-25-2007, 12:56 PM
Yes you are. Its an amalgamation of ethnic groups. Italians certainly fit in and with ease.

Not necessarily one hundred percent true. Part of it is that we relish in our heritage and don't want to become 'anglofied' which is what happens to alot of groups in America. White, in america, means mostly being northern european....there IS most definitely a difference.

Prolifical ENG
03-25-2007, 01:34 PM
So to sum this up, I don't really consider myself 'white' in the strictest sense of the word, and I don't really want to be considered it. I don't like being grouped in with the Anglo-Saxons because their culture and Italian culture is so different.

No one wants to be classified as "white" in the "strictest sense" because of the Anglo-Saxon's infamous history with other races and because of it everyone else points fingers at them and basically calls them the true racist devils.

All eastern Europeans have their own cultures and subcultures that are different and are they white?

Perhaps "white" is beginning to evolve into an offensive term? Might as well cloak ourselves with our recognizable cultures where we are all peaceful inside of us and unique rather being known for destructiveness and thieves.

Visionz
03-25-2007, 01:41 PM
^...........or cloak yourself with a pair of gators haha....

when they see gators, you're not white anymore, you're albino black chyeah

WARPATH
03-25-2007, 01:45 PM
Not necessarily one hundred percent true. Part of it is that we relish in our heritage and don't want to become 'anglofied' which is what happens to alot of groups in America. White, in america, means mostly being northern european....there IS most definitely a difference.

Not really. In america you check a box on all kinds of applications. Your categeroized as the following:

Caucasian

Hispanic/Latino

African Decent

Native American/Alaskan Native

Pacific Islander

Asian

The terms differ from application to application. But that's about it.

Everyone has their own culture/heritage,and want to be identified as that culture- but people just get lumped in together. There are two many different tribes/nations/types/colors.

When people refer to each other's race, it's pretty much the same way.......

looking at an app right now it reads:

Am. In.
White
Hawaiian
Asian
Black

Hispanic or Latino
yes
no

WARPATH
03-25-2007, 01:51 PM
No one wants to be classified as "white" in the "strictest sense" because of the Anglo-Saxon's infamous history with other races and because of it everyone else points fingers at them and basically calls them the true racist devils.

All eastern Europeans have their own cultures and subcultures that are different and are they white?

Perhaps "white" is beginning to evolve into an offensive term? Might as well cloak ourselves with our recognizable cultures where we are all peaceful inside of us and unique rather being known for destructiveness and thieves.

There are a lot of people that get offended if they're classified as White.

Exspecially around here in middle America. They take pride in themselves as the "white conquerours."

I'm just saying I don't see people on that white power or white pride trip, disappearing any time soon..............................

It's all good to have pride in your people but, that "power" trip needs to end.

I get upset when I see these guys driving around with "Native Power" on thier windshield.

I'm thinking, if a white guy rolled around with "White Power," he'd get fucked up by some people quick.

Everybody should be held to the same standards.

Olive Oil Goombah
03-25-2007, 02:47 PM
[QUOTE=Charging Soldier;771455]Not really. In america you check a box on all kinds of applications. Your categeroized as the following:

Caucasian

QUOTE]

Thats what I'm sayin tho...I'm not from the fuckin caucus mountains, nor is the majority of Americans. Its not an accurate term. ITs kind of ridiculous actually.

The whole 'white' thing is like...well, certain Jews are 'white' right??? or are they? I guess it depends who you ask.

There is nothing wrong with being white and loving yourself, but that whole Darwinistic approach that so many Anglo-Saxon, Germanic peoples bought into and accepted as doctrine has really fucked their heads up.

Thats the Western Hemisphere tho...its all white, black and hispanic...void of any 'true' culture because, besides the native indians, we are all displaced persons. I guess that is just some sort of social phenomenon

LHX
03-25-2007, 04:55 PM
who wants to claim responsibility for all the foul shit in the world today?

the moment you oppress somebody, you are a enemy and a candidate to get justifiably murdered

if you want to associate a color to that, then so be it

Crackhead Bob
03-25-2007, 04:59 PM
white= not black hispanic or asian
thats it

its a way for other groups to describe a whole bunch of different people, like when you are with "like" friends poorly describing a person of a different ethnicity.

"you know johnny, the white kid" or "my black friend allen" really when it all boils down to it, it don't mean much of nothing.

Olive Oil Goombah
03-25-2007, 05:06 PM
white= not black hispanic or asian
thats it

If thats the consensus of what white is, then it is a pretty broad label of a group of people.

And what you assess isn't true because black and white are considered 'races' while hispanic is not...so are hispanics white or black??? And if some hispanics are of spanish descent, and Spain is in Europe, why are they not grouped as white.
I grew up across the street from a Portugese family, and trust me you would identify them as 'hispanic' not white...but if by being european, that means you are 'white' then they would be white...

YOu see what I'm saying....

WARPATH
03-25-2007, 08:21 PM
Every type of person is lumped into a group.

That's like me saying- I don't want to be called Native American, because i'm a Lakota, not a native American. Why do they gotta lump me in with the Apaches and the Navajo's?

zeppelin2k
03-25-2007, 09:47 PM
my friend from slovenia

his mom used to group all the borwn and blacks into the black category when she came here, bc she had never seen brown people before

lol

knewcheeze
03-26-2007, 11:11 AM
even Elijah Muhammad taught that some Italians are original people

One2
03-26-2007, 12:37 PM
Damn, I just got tired of White who are offended for being called "White"... Dey just say: "hmm, I'm not white I'm a Russian" or some other shit. But these suckas don't even think dat dey offend the other people by calling dem "Black" or "Yellow"))

living_undead
03-26-2007, 01:36 PM
i like to think i'm more a pink/fleshy color anyways.

DJMethods
03-26-2007, 02:06 PM
White is a colour, not a race. Italian, Russian, Irish, whatever the fuck you are it doesn't matter, skin colour is white = you being white. You're nationality and race might be different, but you're skin colour is white.

IT's just that people always talk about "the white man"... The fuck? How'd you cats like it if I started speaking about Africans killing kids, and say "the black man"???

RAMESH
03-26-2007, 02:54 PM
it's the truth we are killing kids we killing evrything but i think you know why

froth
03-26-2007, 03:22 PM
i prefer the term 'honkey'

cap
03-26-2007, 03:24 PM
Damn, I just got tired of White who are offended for being called "White"... Dey just say: "hmm, I'm not white I'm a Russian" or some other shit. But these suckas don't even think dat dey offend the other people by calling dem "Black" or "Yellow"))

yeha i know what you mean,thats why i dont go around yelling out'im white im white'
i just go with whatever the person who im conversating with perceives me as!
and trust me that varies a lot.

Battle 1
03-26-2007, 07:18 PM
White is a colour, not a race. Italian, Russian, Irish, whatever the fuck you are it doesn't matter, skin colour is white = you being white. You're nationality and race might be different, but you're skin colour is white.

:yes:

I couldn't agree more. That's why it is so important to look outside of or deeper than color alone.

Sexy Jasper
03-26-2007, 08:27 PM
i prefer the term 'honkey'
I'm with this cracker jack.

I'm a filthy honkey white ass cracker devil and if you don't like it you're a dirty gook.

DJMethods
03-27-2007, 02:59 AM
it's the truth we are killing kids we killing evrything but i think you know why

Didn't mean every african, which is kinda the point I was making.. One person of a particular colour does something and we blame the everyone of the same colour, it's like everyone who is the same colour is telepathically connected and one mind controls us all.

RAMESH
03-27-2007, 03:47 AM
thanx for explaining that to me it's a good point

V4D3R
03-27-2007, 05:01 AM
Just maybe - one day - the whole world will be Heinz 57 like me. Then there wont be anymore bickering or bullshit.

I'm Jamaican Marroon(Arawak-African), Mohawk, and Scottish. My daughter is even worse- my baby moms is Salvadorian and the Central American Native is easily seen with her and her mom has some african in her. North America in 100 years will be mixed-race.

I do notice that East-Indians and Asian do not crossbreed much with other races in America- is it just me? Theres some cases yes but not many. In the Caribbean though you have a lot of East-Indian mixed with African-slave descant.

Black Man
03-27-2007, 06:19 PM
even Elijah Muhammad taught that some Italians are original people

LIKE WHO?

Olive Oil Goombah
03-27-2007, 06:41 PM
Here is a quote from Malcolm X: "No Italians will ever jump up in my face and start putting bad mouth on me, because I know his history. I tell him when you're talking about me, you're talking about your pappy, your father. He knows his history. He knows how he got that color."

WARPATH
03-27-2007, 08:34 PM
I do notice that East-Indians and Asian do not crossbreed much with other races in America- is it just me? Theres some cases yes but not many.

I think that's true because of the different cultures. My uncle married a Japanese lady, and had a son- So my cousin Native/Japanese mix. He told me that if you want an asian women, you should try for one that is born in America, as opposed to one overseas because of the culture difference.

WARPATH
03-27-2007, 08:36 PM
Here is a quote from Malcolm X: "No Italians will ever jump up in my face and start putting bad mouth on me, because I know his history. I tell him when you're talking about me, you're talking about your pappy, your father. He knows his history. He knows how he got that color."

So give us brief history on Italians, I don't know to much..........

Television has a way of influencing us on what to think about other people, right now my biggest influence about italians and irish people come from the gangster movies, or sopranos.

cap
03-28-2007, 05:06 AM

thats an ignorant quote

Black Man
03-28-2007, 10:02 AM

is this quote to show that elijah muhammad taught that "italians" are original/black people?

this quote is simply talking about how italians (mainly in the south) got there darker complexion than the italians in the north, however it is not stating that "italians" are original people.

good quote btw.

WARPATH
03-28-2007, 10:49 AM
I don't know, I just heard that Italians mixed in with Africans a long time ago......I was hoping someone could elaborate on Italian history.

WARPATH
03-28-2007, 11:01 AM
when did this happen? time frame?

WARPATH
03-28-2007, 11:10 AM
^^That's cute. FUCK YOU.

Prolifical ENG
03-28-2007, 11:18 AM
I don't know, I just heard that Italians mixed in with Africans a long time ago......I was hoping someone could elaborate on Italian history.

well i tried a thread about this starting with "True Romance" quotes...yeah quotes from a movie but it never evolved into a serious discussion.

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28952

Olive Oil Goombah
03-28-2007, 12:16 PM
is this quote to show that elijah muhammad taught that "italians" are original/black people?

this quote is simply talking about how italians (mainly in the south) got there darker complexion than the italians in the north, however it is not stating that "italians" are original people.

good quote btw.

Its possible there may be african blood there, but there is also possibilities for greek blood too, since alot of Greeks settled in southern italy too. In fact, many groups have invaded Italy, and Italy until recently, has been comprised of many different states and kingdoms since the fall of Rome.

ANother question...Why aren't Italians considered Latinos, when the "Latins", a group of people were from Italy???

I guess everything isn't so black and white.

Regarding the X quote....The rift between blacks and Italians is like that between any different group of people. We had the same shit between us and the Irish.

The social dynamic between English and black is something far different, and is between them....whatever problems Italians and blacks have is on a different plane, and I think both sides understand that, and I definitely think Malcolm understood that.

cap
03-28-2007, 03:30 PM
ANother question...Why aren't Italians considered Latinos, when the "Latins", a group of people were from Italy???

my thoughts exactly,i always wondered about that...