http://www.well.com/~jct/

RIP

Ultimate Fist
03-28-2007, 11:56 PM
A great website of his quotes to ponder
http://www.julius.it/ugkrishnamurti/docs/UG_Quotes.asp

Tito_Para Enfrente
03-29-2007, 12:03 AM
I Didnt Know Who He Was.. But Explain.. Also..

Rest In Peace..

Ultimate Fist
03-29-2007, 12:07 AM
I actually only found out about him a month ago. He was a philosopher. I've heard some people call him the Indian Nietzche.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U._G._Krishnamurti

Ultimate Fist
03-29-2007, 12:15 AM
"U.G. Krishnamurti, lovingly called UG by his friends and admirers all over the world, is no more. The end came on March 22, 2007 at 2.30 pm in an apartment built for him by his friends Lucia, Anita and Giovanni in their villa in Vallecrosia, Italy. As per UG’s advice, with no rituals or funeral rites, the cremation was carried out the next day at 2.45 pm, in Vallecrosia, Italy. He was eighty-eight years old. UG is survived by his erstwhile family, comprising his two daughters, Usha and Bharati, and their respective families and his son, Kumar and his family. But his actual family is much larger than that, extending over the entire globe and consisting of numerous ‘friends’ to whom he has been closer than their own families and indeed their own selves.

Seven weeks before, UG had a fall and injured himself. This was the second such occurrence in two years. He did not want such an incident to occur once again which would make him further dependent on his friends for his daily maintenance. So he refused medical or other external intervention. He decided to let his body take its own natural course. He was confined to bed and his consumption of food and water became infrequent and then ceased altogether. ‘It’s time to go,’ he declared, joined his palms in namaste, thanked his friends and advised them to return to their places. Only his longtime friends, the filmmaker, Mahesh Bhatt, Larry and Susan Morris, and few other friends stayed back to guard his body and do whatever was necessary when the end came. UG did not die of any disease, although he suffered from ‘cardio-spasm’ for many years, which became quite severe in the last days of his life.

UG did not show the slightest signs of worry or fear about death or concern for his body even at the end of his life. He did not leave any specific instructions as to how to dispose of his dead body. ‘You can throw it on the garbage heap, as far as I am concerned,’ he often would say.

Responding to questions on death, UG said, ‘Life and death cannot be separated. When what you call clinical death takes place, the body breaks itself into its constituent elements and that provides the basis for the continuity of life. In that sense the body is immortal."

V4D3R
03-29-2007, 07:53 AM
Thanks for this Ultimate - this man is right. You reach that and I don't think it matters amymore here.

Once you reach a certain level - you climb when your gone - up the ladder to the next, and then you try to get ahead in the next chance.

And you do this now- in the past and in the future - while all of yourself isen't aware.

I've been killing myself trying to reach where I'm already standing or need to be.

V4D3R
03-29-2007, 10:25 PM
After a night of pondering and re-organizing my thoughts on what this man had to say, I have come to this conclusion:

He was gifted beyond a reason of a doubt, but he was an avatar without any proper guidance and his final analysis of what "it is" is distorted by the fact that he choose it to be so. He even said so.