PDA

View Full Version : Return Of The Mac

Cesar
03-30-2007, 10:49 PM
I know someone posted a thread about disliking the album, but im going to have to disagree with him.

Return of the Mac is a great album/mixtape, all the songs on there are nice, no fillers no weak ones or nuttin. Beatwise Alchemist came nice, and P did his shit lyrrically, yeah he aint rappin like he was 10 years ago, but yet again who is??????????????????

If you aint got it, recommend u go get it

tragedykhadafi12
03-30-2007, 11:18 PM
Indeed, I got that shit too. Its a good feel on that album. I really like it. I cant wait for new shit too drop.

Lil' Ruger
03-30-2007, 11:23 PM
"i sit alone in my hot ass room
smoking dope loadin bullets in my clip for you
i aint even whipin my sweat its keepin me cool
i aint even sweatin u niggas imma find you"

dope song i listen to it all the time havent heard anything else on the album tho. lol

tragedykhadafi12
03-30-2007, 11:55 PM
well get that shit!!

DoomSystem
03-31-2007, 01:13 AM
this album is so wack I can't even put it into words... maybe 2 or 3 songs are even listenable --- its kinda sad 'cause mobb deep was gangsta when we were young now they just seem washed up --- its like they never realized how to reinvent themselves and move on --- who the fuck wants to listen to a 35 year old dude talking about loading clips --- if you're 35 still doing that shit, you ain't living well, you're probably just a sucker --- so it just sounds weird coming from somebody who you know is older --- its like he's still trying to make music for the younger people but a lot of his fans are a little older now --- so its all half ass -- 'cause he doesn't sound nearly as convincing as he did 10 years ago talking about guns and drugs --- that's on some young gunner shit and thats cool when you're 20 but when you're 30 it just sounds retarded to have that mindset --- like I said, it sounds forced and turns out to be unconvincing 'cause you can tell he ain't really feeling what he's saying, he's just trying to say shit he thinks people wanna hear based on Mobb's past success --- but that ain't what people wanna hear now from Mobb --- people wanna hear what Mobb Deep is about NOW --- Its like he's rhyming about old shit and to make it sound fresh Alchemist is reinventing his beats on some wannabe Neptunes shit --- which Alchemist shouldn't be doing either --- a lot of the beats on that album don't even need an MC over them...they are dope beats on their own but they are not MC friendly beats --- the beat is good but together with lyrics, there's too much going on...

So here's my advice to P --- instead of rhyming about old shit sounding rediculous over your space age beats --- why don't you use dope boom bap beats like back in the day and rhyme about new shit ---- then you can actually appeal to your fans 'cause you ain't ever gonna win over the 20 year old with your 35 year old ass talking about loading clips, shit...the new rappers got slang that you ain't even up on...so leave that shit alone --- stick to the old Mobb Deep sound and think of new shit to rap about.

Lil' Ruger
03-31-2007, 01:23 AM
shut up theres like 50 year olds who still do that shit learn something nigga

DoomSystem
03-31-2007, 01:26 AM
Yea... they're suckers living in the street smoking crack, sleeping in subway tunnels --- by the time you're 35 you should have other people doing that for you.

Lil' Ruger
03-31-2007, 01:29 AM
your white huh? live in the suburbs? yea thought so....

DoomSystem
03-31-2007, 01:36 AM
And you're 14 years old --- what does it matter if I'm black or white

Are you trying to say that black people shouldn't have any sense? Maybe we should talk about loading clips until we are 80 years old and too frail to pick up a gun? Yea, I'm loading my clips with bullets, holding my walking stick firmly, I'ma get these suckers that scratched up my wheelchair --- c'mon man... its not about color at all... its about sense and reality --- if you're a young gunner underdog talking about grinding in the streets and rising to the top...then it's cool... if you're 35 and you're talking about underdog shit then it just seems like something has passed you by...

btw...Alchemist is white and from the suburbs

Lil' Ruger
03-31-2007, 01:39 AM
i didnt ask who alchemist was so you are white then....i didnt say until they were 80 but mob bosses and shit do that shit till they die along with others like triads and shit so think about the big picture and 35 isnt that old kid.

DoomSystem
03-31-2007, 01:54 AM
No... Mob boses don't do that at all, they have people who do that for them --- watch the Godfather ... tell me if you ever see Marlon Brando commit one act of violence in the entire movie. That's what's good about being a boss... you don't have to do the dirty work. That's what you aspire to, to be in a position where you can accert great influence with little force... If you have to kill 5 people just to get a meal or earn 10,000 dollars, believe me, you're not a boss of any kind, that's just someone who's probably living a very desperate life... and like I said, if you're 35 still talking about living that way... in some sense it just sounds rediculous, especially since Mobb Deep has been around for so long... if they just came out it may have been different... but how long can you talk about clapping people and leaving someone in the gutter... Ok, you've been doing that for 13 years... they must not be very good at it 'cause apparently they're STILL doing it --- the whole point of doing things like that is to move on to the next level... after 13 years we wanna hear about P reflecting on his life experiences and dropping knowledge not talking about the same shit from 13 years ago but doing it half as well... why the fuck would I listen to this album when I have The Infamous, Hell On Earth and Murda Muzik which are litterally 1000 times better than return of the Mac... If this is the return then I'm really dissapointed. Shit, maybe he shoulda really throught about it before he desided to come back

Yes, I am white... I grew up in Brooklyn and then lived in LI & NJ.... where are you from? Finland, Holland or Switzerland? Or better yet, Seatle or Portland?

Cesar
03-31-2007, 06:59 AM
this album is so wack I can't even put it into words... maybe 2 or 3 songs are even listenable --- its kinda sad 'cause mobb deep was gangsta when we were young now they just seem washed up --- its like they never realized how to reinvent themselves and move on --- who the fuck wants to listen to a 35 year old dude talking about loading clips --- if you're 35 still doing that shit, you ain't living well, you're probably just a sucker --- so it just sounds weird coming from somebody who you know is older --- its like he's still trying to make music for the younger people but a lot of his fans are a little older now --- so its all half ass -- 'cause he doesn't sound nearly as convincing as he did 10 years ago talking about guns and drugs --- that's on some young gunner shit and thats cool when you're 20 but when you're 30 it just sounds retarded to have that mindset --- like I said, it sounds forced and turns out to be unconvincing 'cause you can tell he ain't really feeling what he's saying, he's just trying to say shit he thinks people wanna hear based on Mobb's past success --- but that ain't what people wanna hear now from Mobb --- people wanna hear what Mobb Deep is about NOW --- Its like he's rhyming about old shit and to make it sound fresh Alchemist is reinventing his beats on some wannabe Neptunes shit --- which Alchemist shouldn't be doing either --- a lot of the beats on that album don't even need an MC over them...they are dope beats on their own but they are not MC friendly beats --- the beat is good but together with lyrics, there's too much going on...

So here's my advice to P --- instead of rhyming about old shit sounding rediculous over your space age beats --- why don't you use dope boom bap beats like back in the day and rhyme about new shit ---- then you can actually appeal to your fans 'cause you ain't ever gonna win over the 20 year old with your 35 year old ass talking about loading clips, shit...the new rappers got slang that you ain't even up on...so leave that shit alone --- stick to the old Mobb Deep sound and think of new shit to rap about.

That's what exactly Jay Z did on Kingdom Come, talk about new shit on the album and got criticized for it. He stayed away from that guns/drugs on Kingdom Come and look how much hatred he got. Even though i still liked that album. Put it like this, Return Of The Mac is wayyy better than Blood Money.

The Hound
03-31-2007, 07:31 AM
your white huh? live in the suburbs? yea thought so....

if you live in the 'hood' why u got 6000 posts on an internet forum in 6 months ? cmon u got fuckin roasted and all u got is 'you white from the suburbs' pfffft youre 14 whose life seems to revolve around wu corp with an average of 1000 posts a month, and cesar is right about jigga too he got roasted aswell but imo his album was trash

all this petty shit aside, its alright, if he does the same sit everyone says hes not creative but if he switches his shit hes a sell out, or gone soft, no win situation, but hes done better, his shit isnt 100% lyrically tight but he was solid,more than most motherfuckas are doin, but blood money was just down right rubbish, i knew i shouldnt have copped it, when i was in line at the store i kept tellin myself 'theres still time to put this shit back on the shelf' oh so disappointed

tragedykhadafi12
03-31-2007, 10:04 AM
Its only music, he talks about what he knows. Even when p was younger he probably wasnt bustin any guns or anything. He probably was involved in some shit but I don't think he was really getting down like that or esle he probably would have went to jail.

Lil' Ruger
03-31-2007, 10:10 AM
if you live in the 'hood' why u got 6000 posts on an internet forum in 6 months ? cmon u got fuckin roasted and all u got is 'you white from the suburbs' pfffft youre 14 whose life seems to revolve around wu corp with an average of 1000 posts a month, and cesar is right about jigga too he got roasted aswell but imo his album was trash

all this petty shit aside, its alright, if he does the same sit everyone says hes not creative but if he switches his shit hes a sell out, or gone soft, no win situation, but hes done better, his shit isnt 100% lyrically tight but he was solid,more than most motherfuckas are doin, but blood money was just down right rubbish, i knew i shouldnt have copped it, when i was in line at the store i kept tellin myself 'theres still time to put this shit back on the shelf' oh so disappointed

yea and you have 52 posts it doesnt matter how many i have its not like i post in the day time i have friends unlike you....yea i would assume your white also .......actually theres no doubt in my mind lol get your weight up bitch i might be 13 but i'll fuck faggots like you up anyday.

Marc051
03-31-2007, 10:39 AM
Not bad but nothing got me excited about it...

davedigital360
03-31-2007, 01:07 PM
I grew up on mobb Deep but now I cant't even listen to them at all. I am a huge fan of alchemist and havoc production but it's true, P does sound like an idiot these days. He is still tight but I cant stand his lyrical content anymore. I cant dig this gun talk anymore. To me it just seems like wasted talent.

I never really get involved with "internet Gangsters" But, kid, why are so concerned whether these other guys are white or black. I know u are just a kid and shit and u don't know any better, but god damn u are ignorant. Like what are u some killer or something? Dont aspire to be a gangster man.
Ya man son over there was correct, real G's dont still that shit when they are older. and if they do they most likely are fuckin crackheads. If that's what u wanna be, hey, u were born with freewill. Seems to me u got some big dreams!

Dirty Knowledge
03-31-2007, 03:36 PM
I got 11 Mac-11s.. 38, .38s, 9 9's, 10 Mac-10's man the shit don't END!